Newbie 2012 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 201, UNOwen wrote:
In post 188, ItalianoVD wrote: You and I both don't know this. Maybe scum you wouldn't think that, but you don't know what scum me would think and neither do I.
Well you asked me why scum-you would put a target on their back, I'm answering that scum-you wouldn't think they were putting a target on their back. You can say that's not how scum-you would act but it doesn't really help me because you could be lying.
In post 188, ItalianoVD wrote: Do you still think that TTJT is my scum partner? Because I think maybe pii is yours.
No, I no longer think it is likely that you and JT are scum together. I am struggling with his approach to the game but I doubt you would have twice called him out for voting with you if you were partners. The point you make about pi in your next post is a solid observation and not something I had picked up on, I was surprised to see that pi posted a read list as early as page 4 in that game. It would be good to hear his explanation for why he is now playing so passively.

I appreciate that they are now answered, but why did you initially skip over my questions in post 136?

Also:
In post 79, ItalianoVD wrote:I have a question for my voters: DoctorPepper and UNOwen

Even though I am a noob to this version of the game and on this forum, it’s pretty normal and common in scumming/wolfing 101 to not bring any undue and unnecessary attention to yourself. It pretty much puts a target on your back. I don’t know the meta of this site yet, but that seems like something that will never change.

So my question is if I was scum what would be the benefit to me and/or my partner (whether they were a noob or experienced) to put such a blatant target on my back and possibly their back for attempting to “protect” me. If there is a benefit I don’t know about, that’s why I’m asking.
What did you have in mind when you talked about a partner protecting you?

I really hate these early association analyses, of the form "player A is unlikely to be with player B"
From what I;ve seen to date, they tend to come from scum.
The pre-flip association analysis this early is giving me the vibe of awkward-scum faking contribution. Rarely does this speculation prove fruitful.

I'm also disliking the "scum-you" would do X,Y and Z. Everyone plays scum differently. It seems really disingenuous to be making such sweeping generalisations of IVD.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Micc »

Sera Masumi replaces piisirrational.

Votecount 1.05
ItalianoVD (3) -
DoctorPepper, UNOwen, Ydrasse
UNOwen (2) -
TheThirteenthJT, ItalianoVD
Sera Masumi (2) -
GuiltyLion, WaltertheDunce10
TheThirteenthJT (1) -
72offsuit

Not Voting (1) -
Sera Masumi

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to Eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-06-28 20:00:00).

DoctorPepper is V/LA until 6/22.
Last edited by Micc on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited in VC
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 216, GuiltyLion wrote:ah and I forgot to reply to the other part

keeping in mind that these were early game townreads and there's more to work off of now:

Ydrasse - I'm in the process of rethinking how strongly I originally townread this slot, but I thought the way she followed up on my pressure on UNOwen in and felt agendaless -> instead of trying to escalate conflict or push players, it felt like she was approaching things with a perspective to understand.

DoctorPepper - took strong initiative in pressure people early and I thought the pressure hit town notes of "something potentially suspicious" without going too far into exaggeration/embellishment. Also thought the emotion about being discredited in was genuine

UNOwen - I already answered this one, but he didn't feel defensive in his replies to me on page 2 and I thought the reasoning for voting Italiano was earnest, even if it wasn't presented at first.

anyway that was my reasoning at the time, but I'm in the process of re-evaluating, so stay tuned

Your townread of Uno is extremely lame and feels disingenuous. Im paraphrasing here, but It seems to me to boil down to:

"His response did not particularly feel scummy" - this is a garbage reason to town read someone. This is a NAI thing, AT BEST.

"Reasoning for voting IVD was earnest", is also pretty lame.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Welcome Sera Masumi
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 217, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 203, UNOwen wrote:
@GuiltyLion
: could you expand on your scum read of Italiano?
I mostly really didn't like how he formed his scumreads around those voting him in , and I thought his defense of "what would be the benefit of putting a target on my back" was scummy because it's clear he didn't think it would put a target on his back regardless of his alignment, otherwise he wouldn't do it, as you also pointed out in .

I also got the vibe that he was buddying me in

1. Why don;t you really like that the scumreads are around those voting him? I find this is a common newbie thing to do, so I;m not really seeing why this is pinging you as being particularly scummy, given in your own words, he has a 75% of being town, from a townie point of view. I would say !scumnewbies are more likely to lie low, not OMGUS those voting them.

2. Yeah nah, disagree. Buddying is rarely that blatant IMO.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Your theory would be great if it was correct, because it makes a lot of sense.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:supporting the idea that italiano could theoretically do this as scum is , in which he says he's been in wolf games before this and has done bold moves which to me reads as a dissonance between something i pointed out in and , where he asserts that he is a new player to this sort of stuff. i think that while there is not a 1:1 between all versions of mafia and italiano is new to this format, i feel in particular feels a bit wifomy having to read now.
I can guarantee you the wolf games I’ve played are nothing like this one. Sure the concept is the same: wolves/villagers, scum/town, deception, analysis, etc., but all the different terms that I’m still trying to learn (wifom? nai? omgus? poe?, etc.) weren’t in our game.

Our forums were very antiquated and was not as modern as these. Doesn’t really make a big difference, but it’s not something I’m used to yet. Then the slots threw me off so bad last game, I understand it now, but our game was nothing like that at all.

Everyone was their own “slot” if you will and if you didn’t participate or post the village would just hang that person. You weren’t replaced by another player. I replaced a player last game that already had 2 votes.

Also these are way smaller games then I’m used to. If we didn’t have a minimum of 17 we don’t even play. There is no specific games for newbies either, they are thrown in with the rest of the player pool.

Our meta (another word we didn’t use) was that we would hang the inactive players. Since Day 1 was a crapshoot, that’s where we throw our vote.

A lot of the things that are done in this game would get you hung in our game, like not voting for your most suspicious person. The voting is weird in this game and takes some getting used to. So yeah I have a years of experience playing this game and am pretty decent with the concept, but everything in this game is foreign to me.

With all that said I know this game will make me better and sharper because it’s so structured and different. Our games were no where near as structured so I know when I do play our games again, my eyes will be open to a lot of the things you all opened my eyes to.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:his only mention of pii before they started adding pii into their solve was 81 where they townread them. and then they come back to that slot in with a scumread.[/post]
That’s true because I wasn’t looking at anything else, however when I did, pii stood out to me, especially just having played with him. Actually after being told by UNOwen and you I believe that I hadn’t engaged with anyone else I wanted to change that.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:i think that what pinged me about this was that it came after italiano self-voting. while i think that frustration is within a vacuum nai, that he had pressure on him and then turned to a self-vote after feels very ate-y to me.
the vibe i got was that it was a bit dramatic (that being "i've tried to no avail.") before it was being brushed off and he replaced his vote on his scumread and jumped back in. it feels as if the pii scumread of convenience because italiano doesn't interact with the content of the few posts themselves.
First what is ate-y? I
was
being dramatic because I was genuinely frustrated. I had answered questions and it obviously wasn’t good enough answers because Guilty voted for me, so that why I said what I said and voted. Even reading the wikis didn’t seem to help, so I imagined I just needed more reps, but because I was getting voted and potentially would get lynched Day 1, I figured to just move it along

I actually had all my notes and stuff in my notepad ready to post when I saw the ,

So I figured I would Lynch myself, flip town and read the rest of the game and learn that way. However I assumed it would mess up the game by the responses of you and 72 and I didn’t want to do that, so I stopped being emotional and got back to what I was going to post anyway. I wasn’t frustrated because of the concept of the game, I was frustrated because I don’t/didn’t understand the intricacies of the game.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:that being said, i could see pii as scum despite this, though without more to judge i don't think i'm sold entirely on the idea. it's possible that italiano was frustrated, if they are scum with pii, that their partner has been inactive thus far and finds it easier to bus them at this point.
This is a great analysis and I genuinely don’t have a rebuttal. All I can say is it’s not true for me. I agree the slot should have pressure on it and it’s unfortunate pii had to get replaced. Would have wanted to see his reaction to everything.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Want to clean up the quotes a bit.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:his only mention of pii before they started adding pii into their solve was 81 where they townread them. and then they come back to that slot in with a scumread.[/post]
That’s true because I wasn’t looking at anything else, however when I did, pii stood out to me, especially just having played with him. Actually after being told by UNOwen and you I believe that I hadn’t engaged with anyone else I wanted to change that.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:i think that what pinged me about this was that it came after italiano self-voting. while i think that frustration is within a vacuum nai, that he had pressure on him and then turned to a self-vote after feels very ate-y to me.
the vibe i got was that it was a bit dramatic (that being "i've tried to no avail.") before it was being brushed off and he replaced his vote on his scumread and jumped back in. it feels as if the pii scumread of convenience because italiano doesn't interact with the content of the few posts themselves.
First what is ate-y? I
was
being dramatic because I was genuinely frustrated. I had answered questions and it obviously wasn’t good enough answers because Guilty voted for me, so that why I said what I said and voted. Even reading the wikis didn’t seem to help, so I imagined I just needed more reps, but because I was getting voted and potentially would get lynched Day 1, I figured to just move it along

I actually had all my notes and stuff in my notepad ready to post when I saw the ,

So I figured I would Lynch myself, flip town and read the rest of the game and learn that way. However I assumed it would mess up the game by the responses of you and 72 and I didn’t want to do that, so I stopped being emotional and got back to what I was going to post anyway. I wasn’t frustrated because of the concept of the game, I was frustrated because I don’t/didn’t understand the intricacies of the game.
In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:that being said, i could see pii as scum despite this, though without more to judge i don't think i'm sold entirely on the idea. it's possible that italiano was frustrated, if they are scum with pii, that their partner has been inactive thus far and finds it easier to bus them at this point.
This is a great analysis and I genuinely don’t have a rebuttal. All I can say is it’s not true for me. I agree the slot should have pressure on it and it’s unfortunate pii had to get replaced. Would have wanted to see his reaction to everything.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

*when I saw the vote on me by GuiltyLion
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 218, GuiltyLion wrote:so I've just quickly skimmed/reread through the game

my opening tack here was trying to sort a few newbies, mainly TTJT and Italiano, cause I didn't hit an early townread from either and I tend to find newbie scum are easy to catch with a little pushing and prodding. However, as they posted more their thought processes became more clear to me and I don't especially think either is scum, which left me feeling a little aimless and wanting to reset a bit and reread.

Overall, I still townread Ydrasse, UNOwen, DoctorPepper as well - it's definitely possible that one is competent scum fooling me, but even when I went back to see if I could find avenues to where they're potentially playing to a scum agenda, nothing stood out to me.

I townread Walter as well. I think he's engaging in the game in a loose and carefree way which is difficult for scum, especially newbie scum, to emulate effectively. And I think the suspicion on 72 is genuine because there was not a ton of explicit support there and 72 strikes me as a slot that would be intimidating to push for a mislynch if you know he's town and you're not experienced/adept as scum.

which leaves piisirrational and 72offsuit. I scumread both of these slots and would currently be fine with a lynch on either.

Let's start with pi - I think Italiano makes a good point about pi's lack of activity, and I think the posts pi
did
leave us with are very inoffensive and meant to blend in. His take on Italiano in is pure hedge, he doesn't scumread or townread Italiano on it (giving flexibility to take a read in either direction as the situation develops), he sheeps the reasoning Ydrasse already gave, and it's ultimately a post that neither develops any reads on any of the players involved, and also will not cause conflict with anybody in the situation.

It's made worse by the fact that he shades DoctorPepper in only
after
being prompted -> if these thoughts were there at the time of , he chose not to post them, so to me it seems likely that pi only came up with this reasoning because they had to after the fact.

has much of the same problems as . Simply telling people stuff is NAI and not making any effort to instead highlight things that
are
AI, or generate content. It's classic newbie scum posting.

VOTE: piisirrational slot

As for 72, I imagine this is a harder sell as he strikes me as a competent player and I can definitely empathize with why some of you townread him. With him, it's more of a process of elimination from my townreads and an
absence
of towniness than any clear scum-motive to his posting. 72 is making an effort to ask questions and give thoughts and participate in conversation, but none of them ever gave me good feels in the way that most of the other players posts have. I recognize that's a vague and holistic assessment, I'm not sure how to explain it convincingly, but I want it noted down for future reference. I can also call out a couple of minor things which aren't especially scummy on their own, but together serve as circumstantial evidence that makes me feel validated in this PoE read:

- I only paid attention to this on reread, but he calls out Walter for the "greet the thread tell" () while seemingly missing that Ydrasse also greeted the thread (). I think if he was genuinely scouting for this tell in RVS, he would have noticed that both players did it. Especially because when he voted Walter in post he didn't mention the tell, he only brought it up later. That feels more likely to be scum adding justifications to their vote after the fact than town who noticed it to begin with. Props to Owen who called him out on this in , and I don't think 72 ever gave an explanation for it - which he did promise in . Let's hear that explanation now?

- I brought this up already, but I really didn't like the implication in that TTJT was scummy for worrying about how he's perceived. Sure, it's survivalistic in nature, but both town or scum players generally want to survive and understand how they're being read by other players in the game. The idea of "scum"-survivalism specifically is doing a lot of legwork to mask the fact that 72 isn't actually explaining why TTJT asking for reads on himself is more likely to be scum behavior than town behavior.

- Given that I find piisirational decent odds of scum, I'm looking for people who haven't paid any attention to pi or put any pressure there. 72 has not once mentioned his play in this game at all. This alone is not scum-indicative - I myself also haven't mentioned pi up to this point! (but I'm doing it now!) - but if we see a red flip on that slot I'd be very wary of anyone who didn't engage with or mention him in any substantive way, and 72 fits that profile.

There's a few things to like and a few things I dislike here.

1. Re: GL's opening moves - seems a reasonable explanation Re: the flow of his posts throughout the game,
though 2 things are troubling me.

a) The quick change of heart off the TTJT wagon.
In moving off the TTJT wagon, , GL simply says "That said, I appreciate your explanation here and I think the overall post feels genuine"
TTJT,'s response in does not particuarly strike me as being convincingly of a town mindset.
TTJT says of Doctorpepper, that he is "an experienced player pushing a newbie [IVD] who has not been on RVS on this site before".
-- which is untrue as IVD has played a game previously and has been through RVS.

I disagree that a single early-game vote, as DP voted IVD, compares to TTJT being actually lynched for his newbie "no lynch" play.

What I;m trying to say is, I'm not really liking GL's rationale and the shift away here from pressuring TTJT.

b) I'm not really understanding what has brought on the self-reflection/self explanation. It's kinda reading as being a little overly self-conscious - it wasn;t really called for by anyone and points a little towards a guilty conscience.

2. The statement re: TRing of Ydrasse, UNOwen, DoctorPepper can go either way. It's very easy for !scumGL to just throw out a few cheap TRs here without real explanation
I'm OK with him NOT elaborating the strength of his reads, just making the point that its a very non-committal approach for !scumGL here, that leaves !scumGL with flexibility who to try to mislynch in the days ahead,
whilst also potentially trying to gain townie points for appearing to develop reads as well as the pocketing of said players.

3. The townread of walter here feels genuine and the description of watler as being "loose and carefree" seems appropriate.
Donl;t really agree with the 2nd point here. It's not like !scumWalter is solo and has to create a perfect storm for myself to be mislynched on his lonesome.

4. Voting a replacing out/AFK player feels like a waste of a vote, and basically suiting scum agenda its not like pi can reply.
Even in getting a reply from the replacement here, its very easy for !scumSera to read the thread and take the path thats best suits scumagenda, as they are not tied to their predecessors "reads"

Voting/FoSing a lurker in !townPi/now-Sera (easy mislynch target), as well as a "competent" player in myself (removal of a potential threat), would certainly suit !scumagenda.
Obviously that depends on pi/Sera's alignment. [not that I;m a particularly good player or anything, but I do ahave a couple of games under my belt]

5. The overall assessment of my slot feels genuine, although it is misguided for !townGL or shady for !scumGL.

a) I pretty much have caught scum as cop, primarily off the same sentiment as that proprosed here by GL, namely an absence of townie vibes from LL in Newbie 2001.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82865
Only 1 other player (fwog) scumreads LL.

What I'm trying to say, is that I can see !townGL's viewpoint here.

b) I'm OK to explain this now. My singling out of a single player despite several players greeting the whole thread, was intentional.
I've tried out the newbie greeting = scum theory and it was a crock of crap, where we vote for our tracker, lol.
See: Newbie 1994
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82538
I picked walter as my RVS, as it was his first game, and thought I'd be more likely to get an alignment-indicative reaction
from him than a more expreienced player.
I also chose to push him on the "greeting-scum-tell" because it was his first game, whereas Ydrasse already had played a game.
I wanted to see others reactions to my overzealous and lame push on walter. No bites on the fishing rod.

c) We can agree to disagree here. Being concerned with reads on yourself IS a trait that scum tend to have.
I don;t see why I ahve to explain this point. Does anyone else disagree with me here?
Scum wants to know of other's reads on themselves to manipulate who they vote and lynch, and who they will elect to night kill.

In , GL states: "Townies should be concerned with how people view them too, I don't think being worried about why you are being scumread is scum-indicative.

Well, TTJT in , does NOT ask for an EXPLANATION WHY for a SCUMREAD, as GL stated, but simply asks "Where do I fall in your reads?"

So my point still stands, TTJT's 82 IS scummy. Saying my implication that TTJT is scummy, does not feel like a genuine point here from GL.

d) This last point is just garbage. There is like 0 to interact with pi over - as GL himself states.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

AtE = Appeal to Emotion
Verbatim off the wiki
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... to_Emotion

An appeal to emotion is a particularly devious sort of fallacious argument, particularly in a game of unknowns such as Mafia. "If you lynch me, you'll lose!" is an easy example, but there are many others, played by both/all Factions in most games at some point. The nature of the game lends itself to appeals to fear or hope or trust.

This tactic is in general very effective against people who are not aware of it. As such, deploying it in a Mafia game with experienced players tends to backfire, as they'll be aware that you're trying to manipulate them, behaviour which is more typically seen coming from scum than from town.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Overall gamestate-wise, Pii lurking and being replaced and DP being on VLA has resulted in the same (relatively) few people posting.

Uno is still on IVD (the leading wagon), who Uno originally voted for in RVS, which is telling, I think, given Uno is also a leading wagon.

My preferred lynchpool is {TTJT , Uno}

As it stands, I wouldn't lose sleep over lynching pi/Sera if it comes to it.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 222, Ydrasse wrote:i don't think that wagoning the slot is inherently a bad idea just because someone's gonna replace into it.

however, my poe still includes italiano as a potential solve; rereading his iso (b/c of their self-vote from yesterday), his only mention of pii before they started adding pii into their solve was 81 where they townread them. and then they come back to that slot in with a scumread.

i think that what pinged me about this was that it came after italiano self-voting. while i think that frustration is within a vacuum nai, that he had pressure on him and then turned to a self-vote after feels very ate-y to me. the vibe i got was that it was a bit dramatic (that being "i've tried to no avail.") before it was being brushed off and he replaced his vote on his scumread and jumped back in. it feels as if the pii scumread of convenience because italiano doesn't interact with the content of the few posts themselves.

supporting the idea that italiano could theoretically do this as scum is , in which he says he's been in wolf games before this and has done bold moves which to me reads as a dissonance between something i pointed out in and , where he asserts that he is a new player to this sort of stuff. i think that while there is not a 1:1 between all versions of mafia and italiano is new to this format, i feel in particular feels a bit wifomy having to read now.

that being said, i could see pii as scum despite this, though without more to judge i don't think i'm sold entirely on the idea. it's possible that italiano was frustrated, if they are scum with pii, that their partner has been inactive thus far and finds it easier to bus them at this point.

pii's posts were nondescript to me and i don't feel that i can say much more on the slot until someone replaces into it and becomes active.

VOTE: ItalianoVD
Why would IVD bussing pii be easier at this time?
I would say newbiescum with an AFKing partner would eagerly await their new incoming teammate
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:58 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 138, piisirrational wrote:
In post 77, Ydrasse wrote: pii: who do you think is scum, if you think italiano's post is nai? ()
Probably DoctorPepper. Don't like how they specifically wanted us to "leave RVS." Also don't like how they claim to have "solved the game" in post 25, and post 50 just seems pretty defensive in response to 72offsuit's post.
This is a bad post.

But I tend to forget that newbies kind of overanalyze everything.

Reacting to me claiming I solved the game is weird because that has no alignment indication
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:00 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 148, 72offsuit wrote:@ DP

do you mind answering my post when you're back?
Was thinking me saying it felt like a huge discredit, which is scum agenda in and of itself
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 147, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 66, TheThirteenthJT wrote:
In post 55, DoctorPepper wrote:Yeah that's a wasted vote.
UNVOTE: doctorpepper
I don't think there is such a thing as a wasted vote when things can be so easily retracted. Let me rephrase that, I don't think there is anything such as a wasted vote this early in the game. No one is exempt until confirmed town.

VOTE: doctorpepper
What's the purpose of this unvote and re-vote?
This is kind of a weird post. A lot of games in non newbie queues do these fake "unvote, oop I'm just kidding" thing
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 177, ItalianoVD wrote:You know I realize I understand nothing in this game. I’ve tried to no avail.

VOTE: ItalianoVD
L1

Anyone care to hammer?
Idk, I feel like this mentality comes more from town than scum

unvote
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:08 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 219, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I agree,
VOTE: piisirrational slot
VOTE: Walter
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:49 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

GL and Walter voting on an inactive slot does not bode well with me considering that there are so many active slots in the game
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
TheThirteenthJT
TheThirteenthJT
Goon
TheThirteenthJT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:53 am

Post by TheThirteenthJT »

In post 240, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 147, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 66, TheThirteenthJT wrote:
In post 55, DoctorPepper wrote:Yeah that's a wasted vote.
UNVOTE: doctorpepper
I don't think there is such a thing as a wasted vote when things can be so easily retracted. Let me rephrase that, I don't think there is anything such as a wasted vote this early in the game. No one is exempt until confirmed town.

VOTE: doctorpepper
What's the purpose of this unvote and re-vote?
This is kind of a weird post. A lot of games in non newbie queues do these fake "unvote, oop I'm just kidding" thing
I forgot to explain this when asked. I was making a point that voting can be undone quickly and there was no such thing as a wasted vote. Thus my unvote and revote.

Also 72, Italiano replaced in after rvs In his first game. Or at least close to the end of it.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:58 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

I felt like you all took that too seriously. It was me saying "Yeah, I'm not scum"
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
TheThirteenthJT
TheThirteenthJT
Goon
TheThirteenthJT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 am

Post by TheThirteenthJT »

In post 245, DoctorPepper wrote:I felt like you all took that too seriously. It was me saying "Yeah, I'm not scum"
I did. I mistook your tone. I read that more as "That's a dumb vote." And it ticked me off lol.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 225, 72offsuit wrote: I really hate these early association analyses, of the form "player A is unlikely to be with player B"
From what I;ve seen to date, they tend to come from scum.
The pre-flip association analysis this early is giving me the vibe of awkward-scum faking contribution. Rarely does this speculation prove fruitful.
I disagree, it's sensible to consider if your two scum suspects are a plausible team. Maybe not really useful to post but I was asked specifically on the point.
In post 225, 72offsuit wrote: I'm also disliking the "scum-you" would do X,Y and Z. Everyone plays scum differently. It seems really disingenuous to be making such sweeping generalisations of IVD.
This is not a fair statement. Italiano asserted that he would not put a target on his back as scum, and the entire point is that we don't know that. Since I scum read him naturally I am looking at situations where he would do, the most obvious one being that he didn't think he was putting a target on his back.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:58 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 241, DoctorPepper wrote:
Idk, I feel like this mentality comes more from town than scum

unvote
Is this from experience or something?
Some of Italiano's recent posts have seemed more town, but this one specifically looks pretty neutral. I'd believe him posting it as either alignment.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:11 am

Post by UNOwen »

I can buy that Walter was prompted by a more experienced player agreeing to cast his vote.
In contrast is overexplained considering there will be no reply from pi's replacement.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”