Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Auro »

In post 348, gobbledygook wrote:Did you think you would get town cred for bringing it up?
Yes. You're telling me I didn't? Wtf
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:26 am

Post by gobbledygook »

It’s frustrating that Hood 1 all decided to be unreliable narrators when that’s exactly what scum would want to do. I think it’s poor town play in this setup.

The question is, can we depend on mega troll Auro to be a reliable narrator, semi troll Drew to be a reliable narrator, or potentially scum Bat Mom to be a reliable narrator? :shifty:
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 349, Auro wrote:Super curious to see your hood
It’s relaxed. We have some alcohol, cookies, bird seed, pizza. Pretty much life essentials.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Auro »

In post 351, gobbledygook wrote:The question is, can we depend on mega troll Auro to be a reliable narrator
HMMMMMMMMMM
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 332, Isis wrote:Ok I caught up again.

Auro's demonstrative efforts to do have visually townish reactions all game looks very theatrical and has such a jerky progression that I think it's really, really unlikely he's town. Unfortunately I'm starting to think Drew is more likely the partner than Tweet which makes this pretty much an L.

I don't think superbowl is very likely scum here, but I don't know of any compelling reason to townread Tommy and I don't think I've been very obviously town this game due to like, not being enthused. Also, it kind of starts to feel more boring and less interesting the more I feel like Auro is just openwolfing, and from my point of view that is the last relevant informational point of the game?

I don't really understand why gobble selfed like that but I guess it's kind of a postgame discussion
I've never played with Auro before and don't know how he plays as scum. I would expect scum Auro to focus on my hood to tree stump first since gobbles and Galron were getting scum read the most and Auro wanted your hood to be the first to tree stump.
In post 340, Isis wrote:Gobble can fluff his feathers all he wants, but I think TTT's gambit was protown and I don't think Auro's handling of his own skepticism of our hood description has shown a town alignment. It's on the laundry list.
I disagree with this. Tommy's gambit did not look protown at all and it looked scummy. On the first post quoted above you said you don't have any compelling reason to town read Tommy and now over here you say Tommy's gambit was protown. Which is it? This looks like you are defending a scum buddy.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Auro »

In post 354, Adorable wrote:I would expect scum Auro to focus on my hood to tree stump first since gobbles and Galron were getting scum read
This actually wouldn't work out for me. I have quite a lot of experience with the Turkey and a BoP on reading him. That means that if I push him as scum when he's town and also projecting town, he knows I'm scum for it, and I'm caught :P
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 355, Auro wrote:
In post 354, Adorable wrote:I would expect scum Auro to focus on my hood to tree stump first since gobbles and Galron were getting scum read
This actually wouldn't work out for me. I have quite a lot of experience with the Turkey and a BoP on reading him. That means that if I push him as scum when he's town and also projecting town, he knows I'm scum for it, and I'm caught :P
No, but you did the next best thing and proxy’d your vote out by having Drew and MT push me while you yourself pushed me under the guise of facilitating scumhunting within your own hood to sort Drew.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 356, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 355, Auro wrote:
No, but you did the next best thing and proxy’d your vote out by having Drew and MT push me while you yourself pushed me under the guise of facilitating scumhunting within your own hood to sort Drew.
Me pushing you(which calling it pushing is a bit strong) was 100% me. Auto thoroughly disagreed with my read on you.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

*Auro
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Auro »

In post 356, gobbledygook wrote:No, but you did the next best thing and proxy’d your vote out by having Drew and MT push me while you yourself pushed me under the guise of facilitating scumhunting within your own hood to sort Drew.
:?: Where'd I push you? Yeah, as Drew says I was calling you obv town multiple times in the hood lol.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Isis »

In post 344, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 338, Isis wrote:
In post 334, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 191, Isis wrote:VOTE: hood 3
You don’t get to vote my hood and then act surprised when it flips. ;)
Sure I do, do you quote RVS votes for the told-you-so's in your normal queues?

I don't think I would have settled on a hood three hammer. I'm not positive.
So you’re saying your vote then was an RVS vote?
It was argument ad absurdum. I'm very fond of it.
There is some parallels to an RVS vote in that I was more interested in what would develop than I was interested in razing your particular neighborhood.
In post 345, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 340, Isis wrote:Gobble can fluff his feathers all he wants, but I think TTT's gambit was protown and I don't think Auro's handling of his own skepticism of our hood description has shown a town alignment. It's on the laundry list.
How was it protown?
What do you mean by Auro’s skepticism?
You’re a far cry in this game from the town monster ive seen you be
It created reactions to townread and scumread. There's too much finesse to try to convince others to my exact take, but Auro's stance towards the implausible characterization of the events of the hood matched what I'd expect him to do as scum more than town. In particular, he had the street smarts to dismantle it far earlier yet didn't do so yet wants to later join the camp insisting it was anti-town. He's ungullible enough he's essentially complicit to it.

I don't know what you mean by town monster, I don't think I have a good record as town, and my energy for games isn't well correlated to my alignment. I'm doing like six other games right now and while I feel bad that I find a lot of them of them more interesting than this one, I'm pulling out all of the stops in spite of being a villain in this one, pulling a gambit I haven't tried yet and everything, possibly regretting it honestly but I don't think it's a balanced game anyway.

In post 354, Adorable wrote:
In post 332, Isis wrote:Ok I caught up again.

Auro's demonstrative efforts to do have visually townish reactions all game looks very theatrical and has such a jerky progression that I think it's really, really unlikely he's town. Unfortunately I'm starting to think Drew is more likely the partner than Tweet which makes this pretty much an L.

I don't think superbowl is very likely scum here, but I don't know of any compelling reason to townread Tommy and I don't think I've been very obviously town this game due to like, not being enthused. Also, it kind of starts to feel more boring and less interesting the more I feel like Auro is just openwolfing, and from my point of view that is the last relevant informational point of the game?

I don't really understand why gobble selfed like that but I guess it's kind of a postgame discussion
I've never played with Auro before and don't know how he plays as scum. I would expect scum Auro to focus on my hood to tree stump first since gobbles and Galron were getting scum read the most and Auro wanted your hood to be the first to tree stump.
I disagree with this. Tommy's gambit did not look protown at all and it looked scummy. On the first post quoted above you said you don't have any compelling reason to town read Tommy and now over here you say Tommy's gambit was protown. Which is it? This looks like you are defending a scum buddy.
I feel like Tommy would do a gambit that's protown even though he was scum just because it was sufficiently pro-lulz, especially since I'm envisioning him as a Hectic alt at this point. It is town-indicative to me, just not of sufficient magnitude to be "compellingly" so.
I would like the record to show that if I have a scumpartner I want it to be superbowl, superbowl is a gee and I hope to play with him again after I'm through throwing this townsided setup to the mafia.

No one should self vote before the stump-hood majority votes on which hood suicides. It's an EV difference of 50%>25%. Please no (additional) FakeGod dance setup PoV doesn't matter throws
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Auro »

In post 360, Isis wrote:It was argument ad absurdum. I'm very fond of it.
As demonstrated by all your posts this game

Ba dum tss
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Auro »

In post 360, Isis wrote:In particular, he had the street smarts to dismantle it far earlier yet didn't do so yet wants to later join the camp insisting it was anti-town.
It can still be anti-town. My pushing your hood is because of my scumread on you, which is sufficient: I've never really stated who I think is your partner?
You were calling my play "open wolfing" while brazenly lying about the happenings of your hood, that hypocrisy is scummy, etc
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Isis »

Hypocrisy is not scummy, never has been, never will be, most common and sad logical fallacy that rips its way across mafia threads constantly. It's just literally not a thing. If the moderator announces at the start of a micro that there is one scum in the first three players in a playerlist and the other scum in the latter six, it's "hypocritical" for player 1 to vote 2 or 3 and that's absolutely what they should be doing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Auro »

I haven't said you're scummy for the hypocrisy, I just said you're being hypocritical though
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Isis »

Open wolfing doesn't have anything to do with lynch all liars as a concept or anything, it just means someone is obvscum.

I mean if it's supposed to mean something different from that maybe I shouldn't use the term, it's kind of new school so I don't know. I just think when someone seems to be clearly scum and then continues to post with the style that was scummy to begin with I think of it as "openwolfing"
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Auro »

Oh wait I'm talking about different things, wait a minute there
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Isis »

In post 362, Auro wrote:You were calling my play "open wolfing" while brazenly lying about the happenings of your hood, that hypocrisy is scummy, etc
In post 364, Auro wrote:I haven't said you're scummy for the hypocrisy, I just said you're being hypocritical though
??????
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Auro »

My mind's not working properly, forgive me
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Isis »

Could you honestly say who your partner is if you're scum Auro, superbowl is cranky with me in the hood that I doesn't have a partner planned out for you.
I will be fair, if I am scum, I am scum with superbowl.
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Auro »

That should be easy, Morning Tweet. If you're scum then convincing Drew is your best shot
(Or convincing Gob hood, if Gob's hood dictates that I self then I self)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Isis »

no no no i'm going to report my findings to superbowl and he is going to let sit on the couch during football even though it's clean and feed me snacks during halftime.

If you are town in this game I'd have no faith in myself picking between the tweet-drew and tommy-bowl universes and would be happy to proxy that judgment to turkey crew, that's for sure.
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Auro »

In post 371, Isis wrote:would be happy to proxy that judgment to turkey crew, that's for sure.
I'm already making the job harder for him with all my WIFOM, as punishment for yolo self voting
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Isis »

I would like to reach across the aisle of alignments for solidarity in punishing suboptimal mechanical play
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Auro »

:D

Return to “Completed Open Games”