Newbie 2012 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.08
TheThirteenthJT (3) -
72offsuit, UNOwen, GuiltyLion
UNOwen (2) -
TheThirteenthJT, ItalianoVD
MiniMegabyte (1) -
WaltertheDunce10
ItalianoVD (1) -
Ydrasse
WaltertheDunce10 (1) -
DoctorPepper

Not Voting (1) -
MiniMegabyte

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to Eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-06-28 20:00:00).

TheThirteenthJT is V/LA until 6/27.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Unvote
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 372, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:also DoctorPepper in addendum to this, I'd like an update on your read on 72offsuit. You were scumreading him earlier, I gave some reasons as to why I think he might be scum, I find it strange that now you pivot to Walter and toss some suspicion at me instead of potentially working with me on 72offsuit.
Interesting point! I’d like to hear what he has to say as well. What are your thoughts on it 72?
In post 374, UNOwen wrote:
In post 371, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 369, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 367, UNOwen wrote:
In post 352, DoctorPepper wrote:Anyone care to explain TTJT as scum? I'm kinda town reading their posts because the UNOwen analysis makes sense to me
Not a fan of this post.
Agreed.
Can you both elaborate why? What stood out to you about that post?
Doctor Pepper is inviting people to convince him to scumread JT, even though the reasons for that suspicion have been well discussed and he can surely make up his own mind. He "kinda" townreads JT, which is a noncommittal read if I've ever seen one. So weak resistance to JT wagon, but one that leaves plenty of room to back down. Then he says the analysis against me "makes sense". It's not clear what he means and it's not paired with a vote, so again vague and noncommittal but this time in support of the wagon against me.

It also bothers me what's not in the post: despite suggesting support for the case against me, his vote is still sitting on Walter. There is no effort to push forward the Walter vote, or pressure Walter or really advance anything.

And finally, Doctor Pepper is the most experienced player in the game (at least by join date, I don't know how much he has played compared to the other SEs). The only player who has seemed less engaged was pi, who had a grand total of 4 posts.
Pretty much this feels spot on.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

The vibe im getting reading DP from a scum perspective:

Abysmal return from VLA. Rather than an eager reread of missed content and a catchup, instead offers crap all.

There isnt much impetus for a Walter lynch. DP knows this. Doesnt really push his lynch nor any other lynch hard.
Scum agenda here would be to Maintain status quo if town are the leading lynches.

If DP is town and thinks TTJT is likely town, would press more for lynching another target, not ask to be convinced on TTJT.
Still leaves the option to vote for TTFT ajar, as deadline approaches.

The 352 'analysis' post just smacks of lazy scum, not even quoting ehat he is referring to, not even bothering to make a clear convincing case, despite a player he doesnt scumread being the leading wagon
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Given Mini shading TTJT from the side lines and DP being indifferent to the TTJT lynch, id say Mini or DP today
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Mini replace in scummy as. Lacklustre entry that only shows evidence of reading to posts up to page 3. Replies to my really simple posts. On replace in FoSes leading lynch wagon to maintain status quo - low hanging fruit.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 353, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 352, DoctorPepper wrote:Anyone care to explain TTJT as scum? I'm kinda town reading their posts because the UNOwen analysis makes sense to me
I mean it could just be me but to me when people fish for information like they are doing asking for peoples reads etc, i see that as maybe wanting to know where they are. As i said could just be me but that is why I saw them as a little scum
Agree this is very much a newbscum post

Very noncommittal, "As i said could just be me"
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Cant see any posts of DP directed at Pi /Mini
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

VOTE: Mini
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 366, ItalianoVD wrote:Hey Mini,

Question. What was the point of ? You just quoted a conversation, but didn’t say anything about it. Also not sure if I got from your posts that who scumread TTJT. Can you elaborate on that thought process.
I can’t actually tell you what the point of post 347 was I don’t even remember posting it.
My thoughts on TTJT being scum, I was going off how I would play and fishing for information seeing what everyone’s reads are I just feel is a way to see where yourself or a particular person is. Just seems off to me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

DoctorPepper:

God I wish DP would quote reply to things more often.

Rereading over this slot, I feel that the V/LA was a benefit to it if only because it meant that DP faded into the background and I was focusing on more active players. While I had asked for an explanation over the defensive nature (FMPOV) of DP in posts like , and was pointed to as the answer I needed... it still looks defensive, at least in the first half of it. Similarly, I read as mildly defensive.

Which isn't a bad thing inherently, people respond differently to things but this slot doesn't improve for me at all? I understand that DP was V/LA and it can be daunting to return to a ton of content and sift through it, but there doesn't feel like there's any progression from him upon returning.

I feel a lot of DP's reading is insinuating things are weird/off/scummy (the first being his preferred choice) without really following up on these sorts of feelings? , , and are to me examples of DP not doing more than pointing out something that doesn't sit well with him — granted, there was a vote in context to from him on Walter in .

Regardless, it seems like there's not a lot from DP save for weak scumreads/shading of people without a lot of follow up. I'd like to hear the why behind DP's thought processes rather than just seeing little pop-ups of "this is weird."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Welcome, Mini!

MiniMegabyte/Pii:

Pii was a non entity in my mind for a lot of this game because of the lack of content. I don't think that for the posts that Pii had, I can say much that hasn't already been said. I am actually a bit surprised, though, that we had somewhat similar thoughts in 65 and 138, though I guess that could be sheeping in an effort to blend in? And 139 is an explanation that I feel unnecessary.

For Mini, it's more of the same: 348, 353 and 384 are thoughts that other people have already had and stated — and from what I gather given Mini responding to an early post (27), it's possible that she saw these takes from other people and went along with them in an effort to try and gain some footing. Shallow case.

And also, while it's not of particular importance, I don't understand the reason of replying at all to a singular early game post

This slot doesn't look great, honestly. In my PoE for the day.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

After going over the game again and skim reading everything, i still stick with what I have said in regards to my thoughts. I can see however how you may think i am trying to blend in with others to keep hidden and honestly if I was scum it wouldn't be a bad play until caught out. I am still sticking with TTJT being scummy as fishing for information with the questions being asked just doesn't seem right to me.

VOTE: TheThirteenthJT
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 387, MiniMegabyte wrote:After going over the game again and skim reading everything, i still stick with what I have said in regards to my thoughts. I can see however how you may think i am trying to blend in with others to keep hidden and honestly if I was scum it wouldn't be a bad play until caught out. I am still sticking with TTJT being scummy as fishing for information with the questions being asked just doesn't seem right to me.

alright, do you have any other scumreads? you've skimmed the game at least so i'm wondering if anyone else stuck out to you as scummy.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I actually have no defense for my play today aside from just being at a bad time with real life.

Give me the weekend I'll have some time to read through
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 388, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 387, MiniMegabyte wrote:After going over the game again and skim reading everything, i still stick with what I have said in regards to my thoughts. I can see however how you may think i am trying to blend in with others to keep hidden and honestly if I was scum it wouldn't be a bad play until caught out. I am still sticking with TTJT being scummy as fishing for information with the questions being asked just doesn't seem right to me.

alright, do you have any other scumreads? you've skimmed the game at least so i'm wondering if anyone else stuck out to you as scummy.
I see everyone else as pretty equal rn I don’t really see anyone else as scummy rn
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 377, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 372, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:also DoctorPepper in addendum to this, I'd like an update on your read on 72offsuit. You were scumreading him earlier, I gave some reasons as to why I think he might be scum, I find it strange that now you pivot to Walter and toss some suspicion at me instead of potentially working with me on 72offsuit.
Interesting point! I’d like to hear what he has to say as well. What are your thoughts on it 72?
In post 374, UNOwen wrote:
In post 371, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 369, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 367, UNOwen wrote:
Not a fan of this post.
Agreed.
Can you both elaborate why? What stood out to you about that post?
Doctor Pepper is inviting people to convince him to scumread JT, even though the reasons for that suspicion have been well discussed and he can surely make up his own mind. He "kinda" townreads JT, which is a noncommittal read if I've ever seen one. So weak resistance to JT wagon, but one that leaves plenty of room to back down. Then he says the analysis against me "makes sense". It's not clear what he means and it's not paired with a vote, so again vague and noncommittal but this time in support of the wagon against me.

It also bothers me what's not in the post: despite suggesting support for the case against me, his vote is still sitting on Walter. There is no effort to push forward the Walter vote, or pressure Walter or really advance anything.

And finally, Doctor Pepper is the most experienced player in the game (at least by join date, I don't know how much he has played compared to the other SEs). The only player who has seemed less engaged was pi, who had a grand total of 4 posts.
Pretty much this feels spot on.
In post 378, 72offsuit wrote:The vibe im getting reading DP from a scum perspective:

Abysmal return from VLA. Rather than an eager reread of missed content and a catchup, instead offers crap all.

There isnt much impetus for a Walter lynch. DP knows this. Doesnt really push his lynch nor any other lynch hard.
Scum agenda here would be to Maintain status quo if town are the leading lynches.

If DP is town and thinks TTJT is likely town, would press more for lynching another target, not ask to be convinced on TTJT.
Still leaves the option to vote for TTFT ajar, as deadline approaches.

The 352 'analysis' post just smacks of lazy scum, not even quoting ehat he is referring to, not even bothering to make a clear convincing case, despite a player he doesnt scumread being the leading wagon
Okay that all makes sense to me. These recent turn of events has me really thinking hard about what I'm actually thinking, lol. Nothing has really changed for UNOwen and I still feel TTJT may be scum, but the way DoctorPepper and Mini have come in has me questioning it all. Like what if TTJT was onto something about an SE being scum: that would fit DoctorPepper and he's acting weird since he jumped off of me. Mini voting for TTJT without actually catching up just feels lazy. My question is do town and scum do lazy things equally? Or is it one or the other? I would be okay voting for any of the four: 1) UNOwen 2) TTJT 3) Mini 4) DoctorPepper. Who's the most likely scum(s) out of the four?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 389, DoctorPepper wrote:I actually have no defense for my play today aside from just being at a bad time with real life.

I guess we'll just have to take your word for it. Don't think it'll stop us voting for you though. I do find it interesting that TTJT is saying the same thing as you and you both took V/LA. I'm not questioning your rl issues. Sorry man I really hope you are able to work out your issues. But it's just interesting and even pii asked to be replaced. Sera never posted once. What is this game doing to people? :giggle: :eek:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I forgot: made me vote myself off. :giggle: :roll:
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 390, MiniMegabyte wrote:

I see everyone else as pretty equal rn I don’t really see anyone else as scummy rn
Having caught up, I find this post to be non-committal.
Do you have any other reads or are they all null?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 392, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 389, DoctorPepper wrote:I actually have no defense for my play today aside from just being at a bad time with real life.

I guess we'll just have to take your word for it. Don't think it'll stop us voting for you though. I do find it interesting that TTJT is saying the same thing as you and you both took V/LA. I'm not questioning your rl issues. Sorry man I really hope you are able to work out your issues. But it's just interesting and even pii asked to be replaced. Sera never posted once. What is this game doing to people? :giggle: :eek:

As irresponsible as this sounds, I'm not really super concerned with my lynch if town wants to make that mistake
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 395, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 392, ItalianoVD wrote:

As irresponsible as this sounds, I'm not really super concerned with my lynch if town wants to make that mistake
can you answer my
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 390, MiniMegabyte wrote:

I'm kinda gut reading this as newbie town. I think if MiniMegabyte were scum, she'd be more likely to try to appease Ydrasse here. This is a fairly brave answer for scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 395, DoctorPepper wrote: As irresponsible as this sounds, I'm not really super concerned with my lynch if town wants to make that mistake
I don't know, this last post here makes me feel uneasy about voting for DoctorPepper now. What is everyone else's thoughts about it? Scum
could
say it's a "mistake", but how likely?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

To add, this is the second mention of how a vote for him would not be a good choice.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”