NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok. :x
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 7, Menalque wrote:
hardclaim port authority

datisi is the tomboy daughter

Ship: linen

Vote: Iconeum
for an
iconic
D1 execution![/b]
See, it's shit like this. I know it's PROBABLY a joke, but what if it isn't? What if this is Town trying to double bluff to throw off scum? What if it's scum knowing that being counterclaimed on this is a horrible idea for the real ones to do? I know I'm probably reading way too much into this, but it weighed on me all thread until we got an actual PA claim.
In post 54, Menalque wrote:
In post 52, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7, Menalque wrote:
hardclaim port authority

datisi is the tomboy daughter

Ship: linen

Vote: Iconeum
for an
iconic
D1 execution![/b]
this is literally menalque's town meta

yes

i remember the darkness of that game
But I’m aware it’s my town meta so
can you be sure?
:twisted:
And this sure isn't helping me un-WIFOM myself.
In post 49, Moment wrote:Despite my typical inclination towards town, I'm actually slightly disappointed to not have been made mafia here.

I don't consider myself a bad scumhunter necessarily, but I have no doubt that figuring out the TD as scum would be a much easier task for me.
I'm getting scum vibes here. Like "Oh darn, it sure is a shame I rolled TOWN and not scum, because I'm TOWN, and also I should mention I'm TOWN!"
I also found the rest of their posts to be largely fluff with no real conviction.
In post 59, username wrote:
In post 44, Titus wrote:
In post 40, Hel wrote:Get off your copper high horse, Titus. Wheat is superior in every way. What you going to do when the war comes and food runs low, huh? I'll be here with my delicious wheat while you can try munching down on your precious copper.
I take my copper blade, stab you, and then use it to harvest wheat.
I don't remember why I quoted this, but Titus is right, Copper is better than Wheat.
In post 45, GuiltyLion wrote:snip~

My problem with the PA outting early is that scum will know who they're trying to drive executions away from

I feel like we should make them have to work for it
I agree with this, but welp. Moot point now aside from slight towncred to GL.
In post 174, notscience wrote:Also setup spec is a good way for scum to avoid scum hunting this has been my ted talk
Normally, sure, but in a game like this setup spec is exactly how we're going to find scum.
In post 179, Hel wrote:
Tomboy Daughter Reads

Maki Harukawa
- Classic Donnie is at it again. She's overcompensating here and trying to say she has nothing to fear if scum want to check her meta.

username
- He knows about the ToDa wincon but not this one? For most it'd be the other way around. Very daughterly.

Titus
- Look through her ISO. She hasn't even mentioned the Daughter once. She's terrified of talking about her because she
is
her.

-----------------

maxwell
- He agreed with my early strat of putting people we think are town on the checks to get clears. That's a terrible strat and outs Tommy, so he's never Tomboy here.

Hel
- She just seems so oblivious and lost, and she even said she wasn't ToDa. I don't think she'd lie if she was actually the Daughter.
I really, really hate this post. I know it's a joke, but it still comes uncomfortably close to helping scum I think. Maybe if these "reads" didn't have reasoning I'd be less put off by it, but oof.

And I THINK that covers everything I wanted to talk about before.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

Thank you

Yes ur probably right ali, I’m going now

Sorry for shouting norwee
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 441, Alisae wrote:
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:Because I think there's probably going to be at least one scum that doesn't bother to switch their merchandise.
why do you want to try to get a guilty > try to get a bunch if innos
Because if scum is on a ship, guilTea doesn't give any information about the TD. If a ship is clean, scum knows there's no TD in that group.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

ah man i sure do hope norwee didn't influence your answer!
GTKAS
| here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I thought you were just clueless so i wanted to help you :(
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 427, Menalque wrote:
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:But, until I get more experience with you, it also means that I can't trust myself to determine whether you're doing scummy things because you're Town being weird, or Scum using that as a shield.
Not being able to read me is fine, but does it not make more sense to default to assuming I’m town than assuming I’m scum given that there is a much higher mathematical chance of that in any given game?
Because gambler's fallacy.

Seriously though, it's not that I'm defaulting to you as scum so much as just... Trying to not talk myself out of scumreading you?

Though for what it's worth I do actually think I was wrong and you are Town for less WIFOM reasons now. Prove me right, k?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 456, Alisae wrote:ah man i sure do hope norwee didn't influence your answer!
I mean, that kind of thing was brought up earlier too I'm pretty sure. I think it was Titus who said it? But yeah, guilTea > inno

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

So here's my thinking about shipments.

We send half the living players on Linen, and the other half on Copper. Who gets on which is largely irrelevant.
Conftown players get to go on the wheat ship. Today that would be NK15, provided they confirm themselves on the inspection report. Which if they don't do is a scumclaim.

We investigate either Linen or Copper, whichever we feel is more likely to have scum onboard. If Inno, everyone onboard moves to Wheat duty, and we execute from the other ship. If guilTea, we execute there.

Thoughts?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Oh also, I'm down with Menalque's plan.

VOTE: Execute Hel I guess.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Also also, I'm a bit confused about Datisi. Listed pronoun is He, but everyone who seems to know Datisi is using she? Which one should I be using?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Shit plan. The ships being investigated are too large. It’s basically pointless.

@notscience
Let me get this straight, you went from scumreading to not scumreading Username because he outed his alt and called you a pig fucker?

- Bunno
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 463, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Shit plan. The ships being investigated are too large. It’s basically pointless.
You know the riddle about like. You have five gold coins, and one of them is fake but weighs slightly more, and you have two uses of a balance scale to figure out which one is fake? Sometimes it's five pills and one is poison instead, but anyway the solution is to compare two on each side, then compare the two from the heavier side. If both sides are equal the first check, the one you didn't measure is fake.

That's where I'm coming from here.
Ships are large now, yes, but if we hit inno, we cut the pool in half, and if we hit guilTea we just make extra sure to lynch scum.
Since we only have to hit scum twice, I think that's manageable before the pool gets small enough to out the TD

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 462, Radical Rat wrote:Also also, I'm a bit confused about Datisi. Listed pronoun is He, but everyone who seems to know Datisi is using she? Which one should I be using?
you don't know him so you should use him.
Me and Mena are friends with datisi and they're okay with us using she pronouns.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah Radical Rat is probably town
GTKAS
| here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@RadicalRat
Did you intend for the pool of people we investigate to be deliberate or random?

- Bunno
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 467, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@RadicalRat
Did you intend for the pool of people we investigate to be deliberate or random?
Deliberate

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 307, GuiltyLion wrote:As for Datisi, why would doubling down on it indicate scum!GL to you? Especially after I explicitly asked you to consider my view? I think Datisi's scum, if that was a made up belief I'd be
more
likely to ease up on it, not less.
you think scum!GL is more likely to backtrack there? also, i responded to you in , would you mind addressing that?

~
In post 318, Alisae wrote:
In post 316, notscience wrote:scum wouldnt make dumb posts like that one hes prob town
I do have a tendency to HATE something that may not exactly be scum indicative.
Though I’d feel like the expectations I have for him are low.
is the "something" referring to anything speciifc here or?
In post 334, Alisae wrote:Also i maybe expect iconeum to post just a tiny bit more then what he did
Just a tiny bit
Maybe a gif
how is this scum!indicative for ico?
In post 348, Alisae wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 343, Umlaut wrote:
Alisae wrote:
In post 91, username wrote:Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

I'm usually the first to object to denying tribute to the blood gods on day one but what if we no-execute and send out shipments / shipment check And work off that on day 2?

Reduces our risk of outting / killing the tomboy on day one. There's no night kill, and then we have a jumping off point tomorrow.
In post 97, username wrote:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:If at end of Day 5, there are at least 2 Smugglers alive, then Smugglers win.

Disregard my last post, I'm illiterate
This actually feels kind of weird now that I’m thinking about it.
The actual first thought that came to my head was that he’s maybe baiting reactions.
I’m not sure who this is or if they would do this, but I definitely should NOT be going “townslip hur dur must be town”
It still looks pretty townslippy to me. But I confess I didn't fully understand the setup when the game started (which is kind of unusual for me but I've been getting lazier about that) and I didn't recall that either when I was trying to evaluate the plan.

I know when I feel like I’ve come up with a strategy like that, I would need to get told by someone else “hey, thats not actually how this setup works” see Donnie Brasco. It honestly feels more planned then a townslip.
what did you mean here? i don't get what this has to do with donnie brasco exactly?

~

can i just skip page 15

~
In post 377, Menalque wrote:(2) I think a full half the game’s we’ve played have been non-traditional mafia setups and you opened like this in none of them
which games were these?
In post 384, Menalque wrote:Dats - town
[snip]
In post 387, Menalque wrote:I think I’m most confident on datisi of everyone
the 14/17 thing was a joke then?

~
In post 412, Not Known 15 wrote:2-1days before deadline I vote someone and you comply.
I`ll leave the shipments to you because I don`t want to out the TD(so you still have to do something).
I can`t help you much in developing reads but I might occasionally ask questions if I think its needed, or reinforce questions going unanswered(probably mainly the latter).
Good luck.
this translates to "i won't be doing jack shit, i will decide who we execute, and you all have to go with it"?
ok new plan we execute the port authority

~

maxwell, what's your read on me?

~
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:Because I think there's probably going to be at least one scum that doesn't bother to switch their merchandise.
saying this aloud because...?
In post 458, Radical Rat wrote:Though for what it's worth I do actually think I was wrong and you are Town for less WIFOM reasons now. Prove me right, k?
what are the less WIFOM reasons?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Datisi »

why'd that shitty wallpost take like an hour, sigh
In post 465, Alisae wrote:
In post 462, Radical Rat wrote:Also also, I'm a bit confused about Datisi. Listed pronoun is He, but everyone who seems to know Datisi is using she? Which one should I be using?
you don't know him so you should use him.
Me and Mena are friends with datisi and they're okay with us using she pronouns.
i appreciate this btw

@RR, anything other than it is fine
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 469, Datisi wrote:
saying this aloud because...?
Because I was asked why I was inspecting Linen, and that's the reason?
In post 469, Datisi wrote:
In post 458, Radical Rat wrote:Though for what it's worth I do actually think I was wrong and you are Town for less WIFOM reasons now. Prove me right, k?
what are the less WIFOM reasons?
Having an actual Port Authority claim makes me feel more at ease with all the memeing, and though I do maintain NK15 shouldn't have claimed, here we are.
I like his proposed alternative plan to NK's, and scum doesn't really have much motivation to try to argue with a plan that would probably lead to exploitable Town apathy, especially not when doing so involves challenging an IC.

There were a couple of other recent posts I liked as well, and I think Town really needs to present a unified front in this game, so I'm fine letting him be Town unless he does something else that raises scum flags.

Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:56 am

Post by Hel »

In post 325, notscience wrote:Like my post said I had more stuff but I can only remember like three four of my reads because its so hard to tell all yall weebs apart
You're a weeb as well though. I can barely make you out from the other anime avatars like Maki, Umlaut, or notscience.
In post 329, notscience wrote:Hel I would love if you'd come round for a pot of tea on this here username wagon- I'll pour you some of my pa's old chamomile recipe.

I only give it to those who bleed as green as I do.
The over the top "I am a mafia god and you will feel my wrath" I find towny and I've seen so often from town and I don't think I have from scum.
Do you buy his townslip at the start?
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Hel »

In post 344, Radical Rat wrote:Hel being very noisy about the Tomboy Daughter,
Is that something you'd like to talk about? I don't think the Tomboy Daughter is in [Datisi, GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE].
Hectic
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why do you say shit like that?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”