Newbie 2012 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@72 what exactly makes you think GuiltyLion is scum? And I’m assuming you believe UNOwen is his partner? Is it because he voted for you? Do you feel as strongly for DoctorPepper? Or myself? Or Ydrasse or Walter? Unless voting is not he reason and there is another one?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Again to the nonvoters at the moment: Mini, UNOwen, GuiltyLion

You all obviously don’t want to hammer, so if you feel 72 is town who are you looking at or who have you looked at?

@UNOwen. You still feel just as strongly about GuiltyLion being scum as you were before or has that died down?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

sorry, i haven’t been around a lot because of vacation. i’ll be back soon!

however, general thoughts on the game state is that scum is benefitting regardless of 72’s alignment from the situation. town!72 being eliminated is good for scum for obvious reasons but also that i feel the effort to scumhunt has stagnated to some degree...? 72’s elimination feels like an inevitability and allows the scum team to get by without much scrutiny when the chopping block is already filled for the day.

as scum!72, the benefit is lessened by virtue of scum getting eliminated, but i feel that there’s an equal chance that his partner would be on or off the wagon. being on it doesn’t seem so bad when the town as a collective seems dead set on eliminating him and it’s hust another vote to the decided elimination. off it it’s simple to pass off not wanting their partner as “oh i didn’t wanna hammer him!” and then letting things drag out — i don’t feel that a scum player right now would feel hammering 72 is an option, until everyone is content with the amount of scumhunting done.

however, the lack of a claim for 72 thus far... confuses me? at least, from the perspective of 72 being scum i don’t see any reason for 72 not to have claimed pr for the sake of his partner before like, self-hammering or something? i don’t get what the point of dragging out the day so far when it just gives the town time to hunt for his partner in this situation. or he could say he’s VT and hope the town is like “lol okay then” and hammers. it seems counter-intuitive to setting up a winning gamestate for his partner.

i don’t think that any convincing argument has been made by 72 fmpov to defend his actions other than saying it was an accident and us having to take that, as well as some attempts to push/scumhunt which to me feel lackluster and an effort to deflect? i guess that could be the inevitable feeling that comes with a ton of votes suddenly on you.

so @everyone: what do you think 72 is trying to accomplish right now? i think that the most obvious answer is survival but what does his partner benefit from it if he’s scum?

as i stand right now, my do not eliminate pool is currently {doctorpepper, guiltylion, walter} and my elimination pool is {72, mini, owen, italiano}.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:47 am

Post by UNOwen »

T-24 to
HAMMER
Time to claim 72.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 796, DoctorPepper wrote:In the interest of ensuring this game isnt stalled by the eventuality of 72's lynch

Rest of town:
Who are your possible scum teams today if not 72?

I'm currently thinking Mini+UNo
Some combination of GuiltyLion, Ydrasse, you and Mini. At the moment I would say GuiltyLion + you/Ydrasse but I would have to re-evaluate.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:52 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 801, ItalianoVD wrote:Again to the nonvoters at the moment: Mini, UNOwen, GuiltyLion

You all obviously don’t want to hammer, so if you feel 72 is town who are you looking at or who have you looked at?

@UNOwen. You still feel just as strongly about GuiltyLion being scum as you were before or has that died down?
I wanted Mini to catch up and Ydrasse to make clear where she stands (last mention of Walter was , where he was an almost scum read), but I have always been happy to hammer 72. His play this day has been passive side-line snark and matches the play that DoctorPepper was originally suspected for back in day 1 - by 72 himself no less. DoctorPepper explained his play with irl reasons but 72 has no justification.

Re: GuiltyLion, I feel more strongly that he is scum than before. I had noticed that the reasons he suspected me over Ydrasse never materialised and also his case against Mini felt like he was more concerned with trying to get me to consider Mini-72 rather than it being something he actually believed (that he was using misleading vote analysis adds to this suspicion). I also note that GuiltyLion went from betting the game on 72 being town () to not being willing to consider 72 town unless he flips town. Since his only reason for suspecting 72 is the quickhammer this seems a drastic change. That makes me think GuiltyLion either knows 72 is going to flip scum and doesn't want to be seen as defending him or knows he is going to flip town and wants to frame the day in such a way as to be useless post flip.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 802, Ydrasse wrote: so @everyone: what do you think 72 is trying to accomplish right now? i think that the most obvious answer is survival but what does his partner benefit from it if he’s scum?
If 72 survives then his partner obviously benefits. What is the purpose of this question?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 800, ItalianoVD wrote:@72 what exactly makes you think GuiltyLion is scum? And I’m assuming you believe UNOwen is his partner? Is it because he voted for you? Do you feel as strongly for DoctorPepper? Or myself? Or Ydrasse or Walter? Unless voting is not he reason and there is another one?
Because his changes of votes and progression of his play, don't strike me as being of a town mindset.

Looking back, despite me being on TTJT's wagon, the reasoning for the wagon was pretty weak. I don;t really see a world where that wagon is all town.
GL's rationale for being on the lynch was largely just parroting others

At , he seems to townlean me, as he is working collaboratively with me and switches votes to DP alongside myself.

Continues insisting on townreading UNO which I don;t see at all.

concludes that TTJT and DP includes at least 1 scum, doesnt consider the possiblility both are town.

Then switches to me without really much thought at all, after my epic fail, which is at odds with his seemingly townlean on me earlier.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 803, UNOwen wrote:T-24 to
HAMMER
Time to claim 72.
VT.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:11 am

Post by 72offsuit »

I'd say eliminate UNO.\ tomorrow. There is literally 0 town vibes coming from his slot.
At least GL has a few psots that seem pro-town.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:12 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 805, UNOwen wrote:
In post 801, ItalianoVD wrote:Again to the nonvoters at the moment: Mini, UNOwen, GuiltyLion

I wanted Mini to catch up and Ydrasse to make clear where she stands (last mention of Walter was , where he was an almost scum read), but I have always been happy to hammer 72. His play this day has been passive side-line snark and matches the play that DoctorPepper was originally suspected for back in day 1 - by 72 himself no less. DoctorPepper explained his play with irl reasons but 72 has no justification.

Re: GuiltyLion, I feel more strongly that he is scum than before. I had noticed that the reasons he suspected me over Ydrasse never materialised and also his case against Mini felt like he was more concerned with trying to get me to consider Mini-72 rather than it being something he actually believed (that he was using misleading vote analysis adds to this suspicion). I also note that GuiltyLion went from betting the game on 72 being town () to not being willing to consider 72 town unless he flips town. Since his only reason for suspecting 72 is the quickhammer this seems a drastic change. That makes me think GuiltyLion either knows 72 is going to flip scum and doesn't want to be seen as defending him or knows he is going to flip town and wants to frame the day in such a way as to be useless post flip.
Of course you are happy to have a free mislynch.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 802, Ydrasse wrote:sorry, i haven’t been around a lot because of vacation. i’ll be back soon!

however, general thoughts on the game state is that scum is benefitting regardless of 72’s alignment from the situation. town!72 being eliminated is good for scum for obvious reasons but also that i feel the effort to scumhunt has stagnated to some degree...? 72’s elimination feels like an inevitability and allows the scum team to get by without much scrutiny when the chopping block is already filled for the day.

as scum!72, the benefit is lessened by virtue of scum getting eliminated, but i feel that there’s an equal chance that his partner would be on or off the wagon. being on it doesn’t seem so bad when the town as a collective seems dead set on eliminating him and it’s hust another vote to the decided elimination. off it it’s simple to pass off not wanting their partner as “oh i didn’t wanna hammer him!” and then letting things drag out — i don’t feel that a scum player right now would feel hammering 72 is an option, until everyone is content with the amount of scumhunting done.

however, the lack of a claim for 72 thus far... confuses me? at least, from the perspective of 72 being scum i don’t see any reason for 72 not to have claimed pr for the sake of his partner before like, self-hammering or something? i don’t get what the point of dragging out the day so far when it just gives the town time to hunt for his partner in this situation. or he could say he’s VT and hope the town is like “lol okay then” and hammers. it seems counter-intuitive to setting up a winning gamestate for his partner.

i don’t think that any convincing argument has been made by 72 fmpov to defend his actions other than saying it was an accident and us having to take that, as well as some attempts to push/scumhunt which to me feel lackluster and an effort to deflect? i guess that could be the inevitable feeling that comes with a ton of votes suddenly on you.

so @everyone: what do you think 72 is trying to accomplish right now? i think that the most obvious answer is survival but what does his partner benefit from it if he’s scum?

as i stand right now, my do not eliminate pool is currently {doctorpepper, guiltylion, walter} and my elimination pool is {72, mini, owen, italiano}.

Not a surprise the alignment indicative posting went downhill after DP sapped my desire to propel the game forward.
Just a quick glance at the post count is pretty indicative of scum coasting to an easy win.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:15 am

Post by 72offsuit »

UNO strikes me as quite a competent player, and his lack of any compelling cases as to who scum is, feels telling.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:16 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 805, UNOwen wrote:

Like I said, DP sapped my enjoyment out of this game.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 802, Ydrasse wrote:sorry, i haven’t been around a lot because of vacation. i’ll be back soon!

I think town just needs my lynch to be honest. UNO declared intent, and I;ve claimed.
I don;t see enough people switching to lynch UNO today.
If I hang around I'm just going to be a distraction.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Oh sorry wow now it's my fault for you screwing up?

To quote you, if you're town you have no one to blame but
yourself

Get off your damn pity party
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:51 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

I have intent to hammer 72 right now I get this feeling of them being a bit off and it just doesn’t sit well with me
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:52 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 815, DoctorPepper wrote:Oh sorry wow now it's my fault for you screwing up?

To quote you, if you're town you have no one to blame but
yourself

Get off your damn pity party
I didn;t say it's your fault for anything. I'm saying I didn;t enjoy playing with you
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:05 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

So you come at me with a weak ass meta case, I call you out on it rightfully and you're blaming me for your poor play?

After you called me out for my "nonexistent scumhunting"

You understand I'm even more pissed at you right?
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:18 am

Post by 72offsuit »

I was torn between voting for mini or yourself. I meta'ed you, and the meta dive pushed you towards being my preferred elimination at that point. I never said it was a strong case.

I'm not at all blaming you for my poor play.

I'm explaining my dip in WIM, down to you being toxic and taking away my enjoyment of this game.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:37 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Alright. 72
thank you for claiming.
So that explains mini then your dp vote.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Ydrasse »

as an aside, 72, i’m really sorry that you stopped having fun this game regardless of alignment. :c
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:34 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay. If 72 flips town I will turn my sights onto two. If he flips scum then one of the two will be town in my book and the other will not change. Basically regardless of 72’s alignment I feel this person is scum.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:01 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 807, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 800, ItalianoVD wrote:@72 what exactly makes you think GuiltyLion is scum? And I’m assuming you believe UNOwen is his partner? Is it because he voted for you? Do you feel as strongly for DoctorPepper? Or myself? Or Ydrasse or Walter? Unless voting is not he reason and there is another one?
Because his changes of votes and progression of his play, don't strike me as being of a town mindset.

Looking back, despite me being on TTJT's wagon, the reasoning for the wagon was pretty weak. I don;t really see a world where that wagon is all town.
GL's rationale for being on the lynch was largely just parroting others

At , he seems to townlean me, as he is working collaboratively with me and switches votes to DP alongside myself.

Continues insisting on townreading UNO which I don;t see at all.

concludes that TTJT and DP includes at least 1 scum, doesnt consider the possiblility both are town.

Then switches to me without really much thought at all, after my epic fail, which is at odds with his seemingly townlean on me earlier.
Yeah. All of this has been on my mind for a little while. I’ve found discrepancies in a lot of GuiltyLion’s posts that don’t really sit well with me and everyone knows my thoughts on UNOwen. Well let’s change up the game a little.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Micc »