Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

it's an easy push to make
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Kanna »

Morning's post is gonna take a while to get through, although skimming through it, i'm don't think i'm mindmelding with some of the reads D:

i will get back to things later
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 916, Raven Branwen wrote:@MT, please explain to me why you like Kanna’s analysis on the me/Nadia push but are of the opinion that somehow how me or Nadhia ought to be seeing Skitter’s reasoning if Kanna isn’t? Why the higher bar for me and Nahdia?

Also, when did I ever accuse Skitter of making up anything. Please find/link me that quote. In fact, out of Kanna and Nahdia, I was the most unsure of my read on Skitter and couldn’t honestly tell why she was so fixated on her tunnel. I’m starting to think she might actually believe her Nahdia push, which I still disagree with.

@MT, while your catchup is okay, I find your read on me kind of hedgey. Are you having extreme difficulty sorting me or what?
I thought that skitts' point that you two behaved somewhat odd towards each other was fair, although not damning -- it felt like you mentioned each other quite a bit whether it be townreading/defending or just talking about each other (like where you were confused about how to read Nahdia).

I'm realizing that quite a few people seem to disagree with that, which is fair enough. Kanna i took away a light townread from her case on skitts because she kind of feels like she believes she's onto something -- I want to say it's likely to be genuine, which would make her town. but with you two specifically, i'd have thought it to be more obvious since you two ARE the subjects being talked about if that makes sense. i don't really mean disagreeing with skitts reasoning is the problem, I meant more just not acknowledging that the association was there. HOWEVER i thought i read a post of Nahdia's where they denied any connection to you. I can't find it. I must've misinterpreted something, so that weakens my read a bit

Accusing skitts of making stuff up is more.. exaggerated than what I meant. I meant more ignoring that what skitts is saying made sense / was fair, since if you acknowledged that, then the push on skitts wouldn't make sense. Nahdia specifically calls skitts push nonsense in 750 and uses that to vote her for example.

I lumped you and Nahdia together though when i made that point -- i should have read more carefully. I see your stance in 784, your issue is that skitts is only considering one area of the game, which is a more fair one than i had in my mind

With regards to reading you in specific, i haven't made up my mind. Early on i disagreed with the takes that you were disconnected from the game, i had trouble getting a read for a long while, then i remember noting that you seemed sort of concerned how your posts are being perceived / how you're being read (like 720 felt sort of like an unnecessary preemptive explanation). I feel like you've commented on others' reads of you constantly when they don't TR you. But i can see that as perhaps just a playstyle thing so i haven't really decided on it being scummy.

Although i don't Tr you, I ended up putting you higher up since i think a Nahdia red flip would make you green and I had more reason to suspect Nahdia.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 948, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 943, Nahdia wrote:read me, coward.

What do you think of the votes on you?

What do you think of Midwaybear's presence in the game? What do you think of their vote?

What do you think of my argument with Starbuck? What do you think of their catch up?
i think the votes themselves are fine? ive discussed and will continue to discuss skitter. i think the way you moved your vote was me was sketchy. you havent actually read me, you just said you trust the meta you havent examined but then also question beeboy's vote i nthe same breath.

im not sure why you're asing me about midway besides the fact that i literally just discssed them. their progression on dunnstral itself has been fine i think? nothing remarkable. i think the initial reasoning was strange though, as i point out.

i wll read you vs starbuck.
In post 965, skitter30 wrote:
In post 890, Nahdia wrote:i did not finish writing about skitter before i hit submit. i was talking about unsettlement. in mbos, skitter was pushing me for a reason i felt was... kind of strange and bad, though maybe not entirely invalid. it turns out, she was scumthere and was being opportunistic. in this instance, she is pushing me more on meta, which i actally think is, perhaps more believable. and as i have said previously, her actual content i hve townread. but in mbos i came around to thinking her content was towny too, and it was not to be...
a) reading drunk!nahdia is amusing!
b) is the main reason ur voting me rn because i formed an associative without forming an individual read on raven?
main reason, i guess so? your meta read on me is incorrect for the reasons ive gave, but you were using that same meta to townread me in BotC when we were both town (i pointed out it was invalid there too but you didn't really respond since we were in agreement anyway). i think what drunk nahdia was getting at there was that i have kind of townread you on tone this game, but there is a bit of unease, and i had the exactly same feeling in mbos, and you ended up being scum there. with so little experience with you i dont wanna like, push that as a major reason, but it isn't lost on me.
skitter30 wrote:it's an easy push to make
i mean, im not pushing midway. im looking for other places we could coalesce besides myself. same reason i spent some time reading drusilla. forgive me for the survival mode, but....
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 940, Nahdia wrote:
hangover wisdom:
perhaps if i feel the need to get drunk in order to have the spoons to play mafia, mafia isn't a good game for me to play? :?

i have looked again at midwaybear's ISO, in search of a counterwagon because i do not want to be lynched and maybe skitter isn't happening? there are parts of it i really dont like, but there is also content i look at and think "yes, i agree". but i suppose agreement a townread does not make. or, should not anyway. not alone?

similar to how i am reading skitter as making a bit of a leap in her push on me, i think midway's entrance has some of that "aura of scum mindset". he accuses dunnstral of attempting to be super scummy as wifom. why as town would you not just think... he's scummy because x, and is therefore scum? or why not think perhaps he IS too scummy to be scum, and is therefore town? he continues down this path many steps, not keeping his read too surface level, but instead overcomplicating it.
In post 355, midwaybear wrote:guys I have basically no reads
this is not good
this still heavily pings me. couple with a lot of "i dont get _______" posts. it's sort of similar to what some reactions to raven's "i dont get nahdia" but i think the clear difference there is that raven stayed consistent on what she wasn't understanding and it looked more like attempting to sort rather than just excusing herself from forming reads. midway on the other hand is the opposite. he comments on plenty of stuff, but doesn't get most of it and has no real stance.

i have also looked at drusilla again, as requested, but i am unconvinced. i would vote there if need be, but it is not my top choice. beeboy you make the point that i should be looking at her partner reads similarly to how i read skitter. but idk, i feel they are different. i disagree with how drusilla is reading the game, but i
can
follow the logic step by step to meet her. so the things that give me pause, even if they could be faked, actually do outweigh other concerns?
i know this is getting old but I don't think that post of midway is a scummy look for him. I think if i were to switch wagons it wouldn't be to midway. I actually think i townlean midway for that post to be honest, i think it's more likely he'd feel the need to get something out as scum rather than just take that route

Maybe one could argue that midway as scum would embrace the "too scummy to be scum" thing and try to harness it, but i'm doubting that
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Is the Tuxedo/Starbuck timestamp thing important? when i was skimming earlier i feel like i read the word "timestamp" get brought up like 500 times and i worry that it might be a huge argument over very little
Kanna wrote:Morning's post is gonna take a while to get through, although skimming through it, i'm don't think i'm mindmelding with some of the reads D:

i will get back to things later
well considering the whole skitts thing I guess I'm not surprised

Reading today I'm feeling like there's a couple things i thought i had on Nahdia that weren't true -- like i thought they flat out denied the Nahdia/Raven connection existed but i didnt find that. Also the really odd early game being sort of off character for them i was taking as moderately scummy but Nahdia is adamant that it's not which is making me wonder
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 978, Nahdia wrote:i think the votes themselves are fine? ive discussed and will continue to discuss skitter. i think the way you moved your vote was me was sketchy. you havent actually read me, you just said you trust the meta you havent examined but then also question beeboy's vote i nthe same breath.

im not sure why you're asing me about midway besides the fact that i literally just discssed them. their progression on dunnstral itself has been fine i think? nothing remarkable. i think the initial reasoning was strange though, as i point out.
Is the meta point on you unfounded? I feel you'd be an expert on that matter but haven't argued with it.

I questioned Beeboy's vote because it looked a bit odd. He just did a big read list, and then seemed to follow two null reads onto voting you. I thought agreeing on you would either improve his read of Skitter and MT or make him rethink his read of you. Neither seemed to occur.

I'm interested in Midway, I flip flop on them with every one of their posts. So since you mentioned them I wanted to see your thoughts. Currently, I'm feeling the opposite of MT and think Midway may just be coasting on their reputation. Though I've never played with them before.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i literally have argued wit hthe meta lol.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 980, Morning Tweet wrote:Is the Tuxedo/Starbuck timestamp thing important? when i was skimming earlier i feel like i read the word "timestamp" get brought up like 500 times and i worry that it might be a huge argument over very little
As someone apart of it, it feels like a weird semantic argument. Unless there is a critical piece I'm missing. I don't see scum motivation in Starbuck pushing it thought. It just feels weird.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 936, Starbuck wrote:Not taking time stamps into consideration is lack of attention detail and can definitely come from someone who wanted to throw shade real quick and earn some town cred as he entered the game nearly 8 hours after it began. beeboy was just your easy target. He may have come in on Page 4, but he still entered an hour after the thread opened which is fair amount of time to still post a hi, an RVS vote, or whatever.
Okay I think that Tuxedo failing to consider timestamps = He wanted to throw shade quick is a bit of a reach. Although i suppose you're just saying it's a possibility, which is fair

I agree that his entrance was very odd and disjointed with the thread, and I think he did make it quick without checking over it too hard. I think you're on the right track there -- I interpreted it as scummy then but since i've been getting townpinged by Tux. It's hard to explain, i sort of feel like he's finding it difficult to get into the game -- which could certainly be a sign of scum but also reminds me of myself as town when i dont have the time/will to read through everything perfectly
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 960, Kanna wrote:
In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Kanna, Nahdia, and Raven, why are you voting Skitter? It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.
i feel like it's been overexplained at this point, were you following our interactions? basically, i felt like skitter's partner push was agenda-y and there were parts of it that didn't add up which made me think it could be faked. also, raven/nahdia both didn't look good at the time, which would make sense for scum motivation.
I just don't see the scum motivation behind pairing two of the most pushed players (at the time) in the game together and then tunneling that idea for the entirety of D1. it's a plan that would look very poorly on scum skitts after a townflip, no? It feels more like town that thinks they're onto something and isn't overly concerned with how it looks, if that makes sense

Esp considring they
did
have connections and it came off like Nahdia thought her reasoning was nonsense (and I thought Raven was treating it that way too but i was wrong).
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Nahdia »

it's less that i think the connections are nonsense and more that i think the way she interpreted them is nonsense.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 982, Nahdia wrote:i literally have argued wit hthe meta lol.
Unless I'm miss reading it seems you've done both. . Can you walk me through how a meta push on you can be both valid and town from Skitter, while also being wrong? It just feels like a weird disconnect.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I actually think I've been more townie this game than normal. Reading the other posts now.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 987, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
Unless I'm miss reading it seems you've done both. . Can you walk me through how a meta push on you can be both valid and town from Skitter, while also being wrong? It just feels like a weird disconnect.
valid in the sense that i can see how one might think it applies. the nuance i provide explains why it's really not right in this case. but my point is that like, i dont think skitter's use of meta is inherently disingenuous here.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Nahdia »

idk what you want me to say, tuxedo man.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 989, Nahdia wrote:
In post 987, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
valid in the sense that i can see how one might think it applies. the nuance i provide explains why it's really not right in this case. but my point is that like, i dont think skitter's use of meta is inherently disingenuous here.
Hmm that makes sense. Do you think that meta read comes from a town mindset? If so why did you move from Lilith to Skitter? It seems like you think Skitter's meta push on you is good, but them pushing Nahdia/Raven isn't. I'm just wondering why one part wins over the other?

In post 990, Nahdia wrote:idk what you want me to say, tuxedo man.
I kind of get town pings from how defeated this post sounds.

How's the search for a counter wagon coming?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by midwaybear »

tuxedo seems townier for trying to get a read on nahdia
still unclear about nahdia because the posting seemed genuine, but I'm not sure what I can really take out of it
starbuck is a little scummier. I don't get the misunderstanding between her and tux.
beeboy continues to be town.
glazed over kanna's posting
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i dont think skitter's metaread of me is AI one way or the other.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 992, midwaybear wrote:glazed over kanna's posting
What's wrong with Kanna's posting?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by midwaybear »

nothing wrong, but it doesn't have as much as an impact on me. I don't think she is getting hanged anyways, so it's not a priority.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 995, midwaybear wrote:nothing wrong, but it doesn't have as much as an impact on me. I don't think she is getting hanged anyways, so it's not a priority.
I'm not sure what you mean here? What does impact on you refer to? And how does her not getting focus make her or her arguments not a priority?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Some people I don't remember their posts a lot. kanna is one of them this game. I don't really want to focus on her too much today since we are apparently running close to EoD and there isn't really a lot of talk about her. This is probably a bad mentality though, but I don't really want to effort with sorting her right now.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Kanna »

went through shiki's meta and i think i'm scumleaning her now. as town, she has more good faith takes and is more at the forefront of the game, while as scum, she does more background solving. she's also a bit agenda-y in pushing someone with reasons that are ok, but not the most *likely* (like doctorpepper in that gacha game). i feel like she might be doing that to me now actually; if she has to come up with conspiracy style reasoning for a scumread + draw a connections, she might not believe in it. it's like she saw the opportunity first and made a case around that, i think

also, i think i should be able to understand more of these theories if it came from a good place. in CoC, i remember i didn't mindmeld on anything as well. shiki, are you trying to mislynch me? it kinda hurts...
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Got a bit bummed out so I did some R&R here now though.
In post 805, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 767, Clover Ebi wrote:I will admit I've been slowly edging Kanna to my scummy pile but if my townreads are saying she's town I'm more than likely wrong than correct. I should go read Skitter and Nahdia more closely after some tea.

My confident townreads are now looking something like Lilith/Skitter/Beeboy/Raven/Dunnstral
Hey ftr I don’t think kanna is particularly towny, and also you should have more faith in yourself.
It's not that...I think my reads are bad (even though I do have a confidence problem) for me I'm a very team based person and player so if a lot of my confident townreads are calling a slot town I don't want to tunnel a slot when that probably means I am wrong. I think putting your heads together and hearing everything out is more helpful that way.
In post 806, lilith2013 wrote:Also @Clover how were you reading votato/how are you reading starbuck?
I was reading Votato as scum, Starbucks catch up isn't really doing much to sway me away from that direction. She seems a lot more approachable than votato though so that's a plus!
In post 812, Kanna wrote:
In post 760, Clover Ebi wrote:How do people feel about 638 by Kanna? Do you think scum her goes after Skitter of all people? It's making me scratch my head on how to read it.
what do you think of the content of my post?
I can't really compare it to the other game since you were gone so soon, but it's...fine? I think it's tame? Like I couldn't write a case on why you'd be scum right now besides the fact that your content feels very reharsed in a way that I don't really get townie vibes from. But some people have you as very strong townreads so I'm pasung on that read.

I agree with midway that Tuxs questions in 855 feel like asking for the sake of asking than genuinely wanting/following up on an answer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”