JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 795, catboi wrote:
In post 754, JacksonVirgo wrote:Deimos27, Starbuck, Tuxedo/catboi, Thirteenth and BM are all probably Town.
Can you explain the townread on Battle Mage? I'm not quite sure I get it from your catchup, unless it's just that you think he comes off looking better from his back-and-forth with mastina.
They've been having almost the exact same reads as myself for the most part, give or take a few things and generally in my experience those that do that are generally all town. I don't think I've ran into this kind of read and have been wrong to date. So I am fairly confident that they're Town.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 817, PJ. wrote:can we just vote out mastina? thanks
I am having doubts that they're wolf ngl, sure they're scummy I can see that too but like they're a bit too scummy and that's leaning into my TWTBW read for them. Although I wouldn't have an issue if they were the hammer target for today, I think that it'd probably be overall better if we hammer elsewhere.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm not terribly whelmed by anything jks has said in their catchup, hard disagree with the read on mikul, other stuff is mostly alright, doesn't give me strong feelings one way or the other.
In post 816, beeboy wrote:I'll be honest I have no read much of the game, but my reaction to Deimos is "why is this guy a global town read" but I wasn't in the mood to contest it.
Entirely agree with this.

beeboy comes off looking good in his exchange with mastina, I'd be comfortable calling him town now

In post 823, MariaR wrote:The only slots I see real reason to want to vote are Panzer/Cat/jk. Could argue for Tipsy but that's not gonna happen with my levels of effort to be honest.

VOTE: catboi
(▰︶︹︺▰) disappointed in you, Sonia...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by catboi »

I see I'm at "2-to-go". It feels pretty awkward being voted for fairly mediocre reasons that are entirely tied to my predecessor. (I disagree entirely about thinking his reaction was "faked", btw - look at the 2020 join date, look at him having never seen a fake dayvig in a game - people automatically assuming it was fake because it was obvious to
them
are refusing to see the perspective of a less experienced player and I think in a few places that's deliberate). There's a lot of inertia which I think is a symptom of the high number of replacements but I can't help but feel mafia are taking this as the easy push. (◕︿◕✿)

Should I claim? Given the time we have left I don't see a ton of hope for a shift. ⊛ठ̯⊛
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by MariaR »

I would feel better about it if you were more accepting to the fact that it was obviously fake? Even then his reaction to such a thing looked really forced. If he did believe it I would be townreading your slot, but the way he reacted to it is the issue not if it was obvious or not.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by catboi »

、ヽ`(~д~*)、ヽ` I mean, I can't tell you what was in his head. I just know I have a town role PM and so I have to assume his reaction was genuine. Why would I attempt to instead assume an interpretation where he, as town, faked his response to a reaction test and that's okay? That makes absolutely no sense. Like how could I argue "it was fake but I'm still town"? This is why I didn't
really
want to get into this because it's a narrative that's impossible for me to counterargue, but it's all people want to talk about with regard to me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by MariaR »

you have a town role pm so you're biased I get that. But not being able to see how this could be fake to others is still...odd? I don't really think you've done much to change my option overall. Consodering I don't know who you are most of your posts are...fair. But I don't really see anything that's super townie from them.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Titus »

Catboi, who is scum? Who is town?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 831, MariaR wrote:you have a town role pm so you're biased I get that. But not being able to see how this could be fake to others is still...odd? I don't really think you've done much to change my option overall. Consodering I don't know who you are most of your posts are...fair. But I don't really see anything that's super townie from them.
I acknowledge that
some
people might see it as fake, since that pretty much has to be the case. I think oftentimes people are far too uncharitable when it comes to things like dumbtells - they instantly assume something must be faked, because they can never imagine themselves doing something so absent-minded, but the reality is most of the time when someone has a nave reaction, it's legitimate and not something they faked. It should absolutely come back on the heads of people if I get voted out, they should not be allowed to make the excuse "wow wtf he seemed so fake".

And we played years ago on EM, you probably don't remember~ (I didn't either until I did a search)
In post 832, Titus wrote:Catboi, who is scum? Who is town?
Confident town: JacksonVirgo, Starbuck, beeboy. I need to give Tipsy the once-over and decide how I feel about them. Of the people voting me, I'd go Deimos > Donkey Kong > Titus for scum, although Maria is giving me weird feelings right now? But Deimos's content has been weak and hasn't improved since whenever I posted my last readlist. He should go and mastina should go for being a roadblock fakeclaiming masons with him. (I've stopped trying to read her posts). I'm still sort of skeptical of battle mage replacing out under pressure but not a lot that can be done there and I'd put solving that slot at a lower priority (I know my vote's still there). I don't think panzer is mafia.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 711, Tipsy wrote:catboi did not respond to my accusing them of being jeircho so im just gonna assume im correct about that and execute them for the lols.
No idea who that is, sorry~

Tipsy is fine but not enough to confidently townread. had some takes I agreed with in her catchup. I would grant her a provisional town license for the next few days.
nyaa~
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 am

Post by jks »

Vote: JacksonVirgo

I realise it might not happen today given both the amount of time remaining (I didn't realise there was so little) and the amount of people who seem to oppose it, but could the people saying Mikul is town explain why they think this with more than "I disagree" or "Mikul pushed a mason claim"?

I see mastina keeps hinting at there being so much more to be found in Mikul's posts, but I'm going back over the posts and I don't see it.

Outside of what I'm guessing was a reaction test with Battle Mage that didn't lead to anything of substance (see: even when Mikul later talks about Battle Mage, there's no hint that this interaction had any impact), there's only one real push: the mason claim. And the justification for pushing that mason claim was lacklustre (entirely theory about why it's good to force a mason claim to confirm it). And when questioned by Deimos27 about whether mastina frequently claiming it would make a difference to this read, the answer is just no, with more theory about why it's good to force the mason claim to confirm whether it's a lie.

Could a town player think pressuring a mason claim is good? Sure. But I think a town player who has a scum read on said mason claim would do more than talk theory points. Especially since it wasn't like an "I think she's scum for the claim" thing - it was just an "I think scum could make that claim" thing. (Also, a lot of the theory was just wrong, because nobody actually believed the mason claim, and nobody stated any intent to let mastina skate by because of the claim.)

Mikul mentions not liking other aspects of mastina's claim, but never actually puts any pressure on mastina in that regard. It's just a mention, with the sole actual focus being the mason thing. That's why I call it an easy clutch to avoid scum hunting. And that's why I don't think there was any genuine belief that mastina was scum.

Snip out the mason stuff from Mikul's ISO, and you're left with no strong opinions on anything except for a couple of mentions of not liking wagons (no real reason why) and a couple of opinions that don't get detailed.

Nothing JacksonVirgo has done has pinged me that much, but I'm not seeing anything particularly town-looking either.

I was busier than I thought I'd be today and I've got an early start tomorrow, but I might go back over Mikul's ISO and detail my issues with particular posts in a bit more depth.
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:34 am

Post by jks »

Oh, and I think a lot of the language Mikul used was more indicative of scum than town, but this is a bit harder to explain. I might try to do it anyway.

Also, for what it's worth, I believe Panzerjager is third party and I believe that Panzerjager wants to be targeted by night actions in this game (probably three times like he claims but I don't fully trust this number). That's as much as I believe about his claim. I don't believe he currently has no win condition. And I don't really believe that he becomes town with super-awesome powers after being targeted on three separate nights. I don't really think he's factional scum though (at least, I think his claim doesn't make a lot of sense to make as scum). I'm currently thinking he's most likely just third party who exits the game after achieving his win condition (and I think his win condition is being targeted a number of times). Or at least this is what I'm currently mulling over in my head with regards to his claim.

I need to reread catboi/Tuxedo Mask in the morning.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:33 am

Post by catboi »

I don't think that was a reaction test with battle mage, I think it was him burning his role on day 1 because he was bored, which is highly likely to come from a town player. It's definitely possible for someone to push on a claim for underhanded reasons but his explanation for his distrust of the role as someone with offsite experience all seemed very believable. Of course it also helps that I don't townread either person in that claim. I don't think a narrow focus is necessarily a bad thing for a newer player when those claims mostly dominated the discussion for while he was in the game, it's sort of to be expected a player like that wouldn't be trying to dig deeper.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:56 am

Post by catboi »

(@ ̄Д ̄@;)

Given it's less than 2 days to deadline and the game has a lot of stubborn inertia, I'm claiming now.

Seiyuu is
Ishizuka Unshou
, character is
ookido yukinari
from pokémon (Professor Oak to you
gaijin
). My power is just a one-shot, at night I can choose a player and pick from 1 of the 3 starter pokemon (bulbasaur/charmander/squirtle). This activates 1 of 3 effects: a doc save, a retaliation kill on anyone who tries to kill the target that night (but the target still dies), or the player counts as an audition doublevoter on the next day while also having a free extra vote for them.

My role isn't very good so it's not a travesty if I die, but I urge you to look very closely at the people voting me right now if that happens.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Prodding two people, they have (expired on 2020-07-27 13:26:24) to get back in the game.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 am

Post by catboi »

@mod: can we get a VC?
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Shiro »

I thought prods were in 3 days and I didnt really have anything to add currently though I am a bit behind had afew busy days.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by jks »

OK.

ANIME SEIYUU-PICK EPISODE 1
VOTECOUNT 1.9

catboi
(4): , , ,
jks
(2): ,
mastina(L)
(2): ,
Titus
(1):
Panzerjager
(1):
JacksonVirgo
(1):

Not voting (2)
: ,

13 players remaining, 7 to Vote Out.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-28 20:30:00).

Emphasising the time left in this day phase.

People should really start putting out a list of people they'd be willing to consider voting (preferably with a little detail about why) and start consolidating on wagons.
This day phase is probably going to end in rush-voting someone which sucks information-wise but it is what it is at this point.

If you want someone voted, make a case for why they're the best vote. You're (probably) not going to convince anyone by yelling "vote X" over and over.

I think mastina, Starbuck, Deimos27, MariaR are probably town. I think Tipsy is more likely town than scum but I don't really have strong feelings here. Same with Donkey Kong actually - reading between the lines of his posts, he actually is trying to progress the game albeit in a memey way, but there's nothing that strikes me as solidly town in his posting.

I don't really have strong feelings about most of the rest of the game. Titus and Shiro haven't really done anything I'd consider really alignment-indicative so far and they're probably the worst lynches information-wise. I think beeboy might be scum but there doesn't seem to be a lot of support there at the moment? (Not really sure on this, it's hard to gauge how most people are feeling about this slot at the moment.)

I'd obviously prefer lynching JacksonVirgo today but nobody wants to engage me on this.

I'm going to do an ISO-dive of catboi/Tuxedo Mask in a minute.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

VOTE: catboi
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Tipsy »

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by catboi »

I've no interest in voting Jackson even in self-preservation. I don't see anyone dying today but me (and honestly, I don't mind because despite my efforts the game has been pretty bad. I guess I should have tried addressing people more directly?).
In post 842, jks wrote:catboi (4): Donkey Kong, Deimos27, Titus, MariaR
There's mafia in this group. Don't let these people skate by, they need to be held accountable tomorrow. Deimos in particular has been trash and the townreads on him are really inexplicable. Titus is more "sujimichi was bad and she hasn't done anything town". DK is "don't know what he is and don't care, he needs to go"

I'll vote any of those names or mastina. I guess I'd do panzer given the 3p claim but I don't think he's mafia.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Deimos

Join me catboi. I'd like to know I am not alone on this one. That's the problem. The only good wagon I feel is Demois. The rest I'd just be meh whatever.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Tipsy »