Survivor

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am

Post by beeboy »

Day 2, VC 2

With 11 alive it takes 6 to execute.

Porkens (1) -
Menalque

Not Voting (0)
- jjh927, Tipsy, Keiji and Sara, Maxwell, Umlaut, TripleHaven, Isis, Morning Tweet, Datisi, Porkens

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-08-02 16:00:00)

Mod Notes: Porkens is VLA until Saturday
[/area]

Shots will be open in (expired on 2020-07-31 04:00:00)
Last edited by beeboy on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Tipsy »

still not following. why is it apparently obvious jjh is objectively right kill?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: Porkens?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1526, Tipsy wrote:still not following. why is it apparently obvious jjh is objectively right kill?
because good player who got scum killed or smt
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Isis »

Jjh historically has fluctuating activity and didn't heavily engage with the game day 1. If you know him you know that's not necessarily a locked in rhythm for the rest of the game like a chronic lurker, he keeps busy IRL and stuff. He's generally perceived as an above average player and shooting him before he possibly has an activity spike that's also in range of how much he might participate in a game can completely prevent him developing an accurate scumread on any scum in the game before it happens
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 1469, Menalque wrote:Idk why umlaut wagon didn’t gain traction even from Norway when I know it was town originated?
I don't know why he wouldn't hop on umlaut if it was his partner, either, though. Might as well put some distance there, right? He seemingly just gave up which might have meant he was supposed to be sacrificed.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1528, Datisi wrote:
In post 1526, Tipsy wrote:still not following. why is it apparently obvious jjh is objectively right kill?
because good player who got scum killed or smt
Basically this

If a town player nails one of my team, gets them flipped D1, hasn’t yet identified anyone else and I know that they’re very strong then I kill them N1 I don’t give them a chance to get further into the game
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1530, maxwell wrote:
In post 1469, Menalque wrote:Idk why umlaut wagon didn’t gain traction even from Norway when I know it was town originated?
I don't know why he wouldn't hop on umlaut if it was his partner, either, though. Might as well put some distance there, right? He seemingly just gave up which might have meant he was supposed to be sacrificed.
i think norwee seemed to give up on this game much before EoD. like that readslist was awful. which is again making me think that the reason he was unmotivated to play is *teammate not doing anything* which is again making me tunnel porkens ahhahahaa
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Isis »

I forgot about Isis the XCOM soldier I should totally not get any clearance since scum!Is would remember and want to keep getting updates on the sniping
"Well, I..."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean I N1’d jjh here over protests from my team in this PL where doing so meant that NSG and RC were able to keep giving their reads by proxy

viewtopic.php?f=150&t=81719

Not saying that’s clearing for me here (bc again, self mate) but it should be a pretty strong point against scum!me I’d say
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am

Post by TripleHaven »

Tipsy is doing some good scum theater rn or they're just town
I mean I thought they were town anyways but
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Isis »

I've seen norwee stay highly motivated with teammates not doing anything. I take the opposite interpretation, he has a partner who is killing it, potentially a busser
"Well, I..."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1536, Isis wrote:I've seen norwee stay highly motivated with teammates not doing anything. I take the opposite interpretation, he has a partner who is killing it, potentially a busser
is that fusion? because you earlier spoke about a game in which norwee was doing nothing in a team that was already doing nothing?
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Isis »

He was posting a ton in the scum PT.

I guess I would not be able to see norwee's scum PT morale here and I'm outsmarting myself derp
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Isis »

More to the point I guess I don't know what it'd be like to see norwee play alongside a strong partner
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

helloooo im not at home right now

I initially felt like one of Pork/Norwe was scum, but the Umlaut wagon was so towny i just figured Norwe was the LHF and we were mega IQing it by switching. still do find it odd no one i null or sr jumped on umlaut. Maybe it would've been too obvious and they figured Norwe would die sooner or later. Maybe Nor encouraged a bus

I'm any case I am not initially suspecting the Umlaut wagon but i still need to do a good reread

Should review jjhs interactions with Nor but I would think that clears him. Agree jj was a good kill. Bell could've switched to Umlat but didnt, I guess. unsure exactly about that kill

i forget who else exactly was on the wagon besides jj and bell, tipsy. I'll hopefuly be available tonight to reread.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Isis »

MT are you saying you townread me? Very suspicious, you always scumread, even when I'm more obvtown than this
"Well, I..."
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am

Post by TripleHaven »

Are there any serious objections to a pork shootout tomorrow? I feel like the slot needs to flip.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1506, Menalque wrote:Not killing jjh seems like an almost objectively wrong play from ali, Isis, me (self meta obv)

Seems like a wrong play from datisi, maxwell, umlaut, MT too?

Porkens could make that kill I think, unless he has a lot of past experience with jjh. So could haven.
Lol it does seem like a team that didnt talk abt it too much might make that kill. Although Bell was decently towny he wasn't the best vote on norwe.

Did you keep suspecting Bell the same all the way thru D1, mena? (until the flip)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1543, Morning Tweet wrote:Did you keep suspecting Bell the same all the way thru D1, mena? (until the flip)
I think I stopped advocating for him but I never actually took them out of my lower end reads

They were in my (norwee, porkens, bell) solving pool
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1541, Isis wrote:MT are you saying you townread me? Very suspicious, you always scumread, even when I'm more obvtown than this
are u sure that doesnt make you scum?? I'm certain I'd tr u then.

and ya prolly. I did before the flip and then idk your vote lobbying right at the end seems a tad obvious. Unless were going on a really high WIFOM level. my read is probably unchanged. My immediate thought is that the umlaut wagon was town
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1542, TripleHaven wrote:Are there any serious objections to a pork shootout tomorrow? I feel like the slot needs to flip.
i have already set my alarm to make sure i'm here once our guns get loaded
~M
Keiji and Sara
Keiji and Sara
Goon
Keiji and Sara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Keiji and Sara »

In post 1449, Menalque wrote:What were the things that pinged you?
one thing i remember was the partner reads - takes like that i just don't know where they come from and i know scum!morning likes to do a lot of Solving for Townreads. i don't know, i'll look through it later, but i still think she's firmly in her town!meta effort/engagement wise. morning likes playing town and i think she is genuinely happy in this game.

~keiji
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Datisi »

keiji

have you read what i posted

do you agreee with me why porkens must perish
~M
Keiji and Sara
Keiji and Sara
Goon
Keiji and Sara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Keiji and Sara »

In post 1450, Datisi wrote:@keiji

i think we're either very right (pork is scum, we're on the right track, game is in easy mode etc etc) or very wrong (pork is town, extremely fucky shit has been going on yesterday, why didn't pork get lynched?) and killing him resolves that and tells us where we need to be looking imo

also he's kinda low info liability slot and i'm not saying policy lynch but also policy lynch
maybe i'm dumb, but i don't see there being much evidence for pork!scum other than he isn't playing? i thought that was why everyone chose norwee over him as well - pork didn't care/wasn't participating, while norwee had that bad readlist and was fluffing

although i wouldn't protest to a pork shoot, i guess

~keiji

p-edit: KEIJI WAS READING

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”