Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Kaname Date »

i don't think Amy's posting on D&D particularly attaches them as partners. it seems like she could have done something besides vote NM to get a stronger counterwagon for D&D, but that's not the supreme indicator of alignment i would like it to be. she might just have not predicted D&D would need the help. still, it's pretty much the same as what i remember my own feelings about D&D being which is why i'm unsurprised to see the two of us lumped together this day.

Amy, i think it would be faster to ask than to try and comb through your ISO again for it, but what was the reason for my fall in your reads, again?
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Kaname Date »

In post 1224, Ampharos wrote:I maintained the maximum online rating in Mario Kart Wii for about a month straight using exclusively the Wii Wheel.

I was one game away from Mythic on MTG Arena before I went on a 6 game losing streak and then rotation made my deck terrible.

I can bend my pinky all the way back to touch the back of my hand.

My life is nothing if not a series of odd flexes.
i don't... love this post, though. doubling down on the odd flex joke in a soft self-defense kind of way just has a little too much self-consciousness for me to continue reading it as a joke.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:16 am

Post by MariaR »

VC 2.GladHayasaka(0):
DoctorPepper (2): Not_Mafia, BrightEyedFish
Not Voting (9): Venus Mars and Pluto, DoctorPepper, Gamma Emerald. tris, Flavor Leaf, Ampharos, Hayasaka, jjh927, Kaname Date

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-12 23:28:43)

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to fade away
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

In post 1254, Kaname Date wrote:also @anyone, let me know if there's something specific you want my input on, i apologize for still not having read everything in a way that isn't piecemeal. i will.
Yes, I would really like to know what history outside this game if any, you have with either member of DnD. Depending on your answer, I have a possible theory wrt your interactions with that slot or more accurately, their interactions with you. Thanks.

~Mars
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:32 am

In post 1255, Ampharos wrote:FL, gun to head does N_M flip town or scum? "null" not a valid answer for the purposes of this exercise
Why is “null” not a valid response? I too thought NM’s behaviour was scum indicative until I read Pepper’s post about him play identically and being a TPR.
In post 1256, Ampharos wrote:for the record i also do not want ampharos shot today

i ALSO do not want KD shot today, mostly because i want N_M shot today
Why would KD be shot today? Who is even advocating for that?

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 am

In post 1258, Hayasaka wrote:I see posts directed at me and people want my thoughts on NM.

I think in general NM is playing to his scum meta.
Their is 2 arguments
- NM can't be read.
- NM should be dealt with later.

I consider both these arguments to not actually matter. I think if NM is scum he should always be flipped you want to flip mafia in this game, that is a given and that argument sucks.
If he is truly unreadable then we want him dead now, since apparently no amount of information will help us read him.
I'd rather have more info down the line when lynching between Amy and Flavor Leaf. Idk it's just the town mentality towards wanting to be a hero, and I don't think I can change that over a small set of posts.

So hypothetically if NM is unreadable he should die so we can solve other players with more info on later days.
One sentence, please ISO FL in Post Apocalypse.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 am

In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1223, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1110, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oi, I thought Nancy was Venus, Auro was Mars, and Shiro was Pluto this whole time
Nope

Shiro and Nancy also had one with Krazy where they had the same names but Krazy was Mercury
Sailor Senshi. Shiro’s dream is to have an entire Sailor hydra which would be 9 people and if we throw in TM, that would make it 10, no joke. :lol:

~M
Can’t wait tbh
Come join us. We have 5 more planets spots available, one for Sailor Moon and another possible one for Tuxedo Mask.

Direct all inquiries to Shiro aka Sailor Venus.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:42 am

In post 1267, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1252, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 388, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 217, Ampharos wrote:Let's put this to rest.

I've been playing casually since 2011, seriously since 2016. I'm a site administrator at MafiaUniverse.com.

Assertions that I'm new are incorrect as well as annoying, and I guarantee you that's NAI.
Yeah I don’t think someone of this experience level would be self-conscious like I was initially thinking, or feel much need to play defensively regarding mechanics
UNVOTE:
hmmm

I think my feeling of weirdness re: Gamma is more that I didn't read Ampharos' post as self-conscious at all, and even if you assumed that she was new to mafia, I still wouldn't have read her posts as self-conscious, so calling them such seems off to me. Iirc there were several people calling Ampharos towny for outing the neighborhood,
so it feels like this could be a shallow attempt to prevent her from becoming a universal TR, if that makes sense
This post still bothers me.

~M
Why?
Tbh that’s probably a decent point for Amphy!town, it reads as TMI
It might if it wasn’t so extremely over the top.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:56 am

In post 1046, Ampharos wrote:let me rework that readslist

==strong v==
Hayasaka
VMP

==weaker v==
jjh
BEF
Gamma

==weakest v==
tris
Flavor Leaf

==scumlean via PoE==
KD

==kill this==
Not_Mafia
In post 1047, Ampharos wrote:if i'm lazy and lock in a scumread on KD i arrive at a team of N_M/KD and... probably one of tris/BEF. of all the people in the middle 2 tiers, they're probably the ones with the weakest/laziest reasons to be there? lots of gut impressions, not a ton of empirical analysis
@Amy, are you ever planning to address the clear contradictions between these two posts? How BEF is 4th in 1046 and in your PoE in 1047? Considering these posts were back to back, this really doesn’t make a lot of sensr.

Number of times, I’ve asked Amy this question and failed to get a response:

Count: 2, 3 if I need to ask it a fourth time.

Yes Amy, if I literally need to keep a running total of how many times, I need to keep asking you the samegoddamned question before you actually answer it, I definitely will.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 am

In post 1251, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 627, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 527, Hayasaka wrote:I just find N_M will solve, will have high post density.
But will just never explain anything as town.

And I don't particularly take issue with the first 2 lines. I think is actual current lack of presence is incredibly bizarre for him.
From a crowd analysis standpoint he also isn't under much if any pressure which just strikes me as odd for a field that should be full of scum?
Definitely something I hadn’t thought of - do you mean you’d expect a town!NM to be more low hanging fruit-y and that scum would be trying to drive or set up a miselim on him?

- Daenerys
Call me crazy but this completely neutral reaction doesn’t make me auto leap to the conclusion that NM is a lock buddy here.

~M
Does no one have any thoughts about 627?

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am

In post 1216, DoctorPepper wrote:I don't think NM is town, I think he is NM. This is how he plays regardless of alignment. In our last game together he turned out being a town PR.

Which leads me to this. I have 24 hours from hammer to decide on my venge.
do not hammer me right away
. I will state who I want to venge in thread. I say we give the person a chance to claim and if we still wanna push through, then hammer and I send my venge vote.
Could you please link that game? I believe but it would be extremely helpful to actually read that game for myself.

~M
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Kaname Date »

In post 1278, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1254, Kaname Date wrote:also @anyone, let me know if there's something specific you want my input on, i apologize for still not having read everything in a way that isn't piecemeal. i will.
Yes, I would really like to know what history outside this game if any, you have with either member of DnD. Depending on your answer, I have a possible theory wrt your interactions with that slot or more accurately, their interactions with you. Thanks.

~Mars
i have no experience with lilith before this game.
SirCakez i've been in games with before, but i don't remember any real specifics of his playstyle.

on 627, i read it, i also don't think that counts as evidence of NM being a lockbuddy. did someone argue that?
i do think it's easily something scum could say about a buddy.
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Kaname Date »

my concern with Amy's readslist is how i became a PoE scumread when she was TRing me before. that alone isn't a problem, but when there are two tiers of TRs she describes as weak, i wonder how i managed to fall so far. it doesn't sound like the read changed due to D&D interactions.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:21 am

Post by tris »

i haven't really done much iso'ing, but i think it's time i do that.
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am

In post 1286, Kaname Date wrote:
In post 1278, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:

~Mars
i have no experience with lilith before this game.
SirCakez i've been in games with before, but i don't remember any real specifics of his playstyle.

on 627, i read it, i also don't think that counts as evidence of NM being a lockbuddy. did someone argue that?
i do think it's easily something scum could say about a buddy.
I was saying that DnD reaction seemed somewhere between neutral and disinterested which seemed to point away from him being a DnD buddy but yeah it’s very weak.
In post 1287, Kaname Date wrote:my concern with Amy's readslist is how i became a PoE scumread when she was TRing me before. that alone isn't a problem, but when there are two tiers of TRs she describes as weak, i wonder how i managed to fall so far. it doesn't sound like the read changed due to D&D interactions.
Her entire readslist makes no sense is my position. She still hasn’t explained any of it and especially how BEF in two back to back posts, went from being her 4th top town to her PoE. I really don’t like how she continues to cherry-pick which of my questions to answer.

Anyway, my theory was based on your current answer is that you look like a DnD pocket and that they were trying to tie you to her. The fact they they immediately changed their Amy read right after yours, is the main reason I think this. Also their reaction to your Pepper vote.

I also don’t think Amy should get townpoints for not wanting to kill you because trying to get both you and NM killed would obviously look really bad for her and force us into a possible you v her thing, with her clearly losing. so pushing NM is the much safer route for her irrespective of her alignment.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:31 am

In post 1270, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1245, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1236, tris wrote:where did the blush come from?
That must have happened when I bolded that part of FL’s post.

~M
Tend to have that effect.

I didn’t think about the neighborhood, responding to the other post.

Spoiler:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 630, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 570, Kaname Date wrote:ugh. i'm gonna be light SRing Ampharos for the whole game, partly in reaction to the townreads she's accruing. what makes this difficult is she's working with a different site culture than what i'm used to. and her play looks high-level, which isn't AI but does always succeed in pressing the paranoia button.
i agree with her takes, i think. to echo her thoughts on Flavor Leaf, i need to see her really push something.
you know, I think I have to take a step back a bit on my ampharos read as well. I thought her presence in the beginning of the game was strong and initially townread her for that, but it’s dropped off a lot since then so she’s probably now close to null for me.

- Daenerys
This post looks anti-partnery for KD.

~M
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:01 am

In post 1291, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 570, Kaname Date wrote:ugh. i'm gonna be light SRing Ampharos for the whole game, partly in reaction to the townreads she's accruing. what makes this difficult is she's working with a different site culture than what i'm used to. and her play looks high-level, which isn't AI but does always succeed in pressing the paranoia button.
i agree with her takes, i think. to echo her thoughts on Flavor Leaf, i need to see her really push something.
you know, I think I have to take a step back a bit on my ampharos read as well. I thought her presence in the beginning of the game was strong and initially townread her for that, but it’s dropped off a lot since then so she’s probably now close to null for me.

- Daenerys

~M
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1283, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1046, Ampharos wrote:let me rework that readslist

==strong v==
Hayasaka
VMP

==weaker v==
jjh
BEF
Gamma

==weakest v==
tris
Flavor Leaf

==scumlean via PoE==
KD

==kill this==
Not_Mafia
In post 1047, Ampharos wrote:if i'm lazy and lock in a scumread on KD i arrive at a team of N_M/KD and... probably one of tris/BEF. of all the people in the middle 2 tiers, they're probably the ones with the weakest/laziest reasons to be there? lots of gut impressions, not a ton of empirical analysis
@Amy, are you ever planning to address the clear contradictions between these two posts? How BEF is 4th in 1046 and in your PoE in 1047? Considering these posts were back to back, this really doesn’t make a lot of sensr.

Number of times, I’ve asked Amy this question and failed to get a response:

Count: 2, 3 if I need to ask it a fourth time.

Yes Amy, if I literally need to keep a running total of how many times, I need to keep asking you the samegoddamned question before you actually answer it, I definitely will.

~M
i apologize but it's easy for me to miss things when i come back to 10 questions from you every time i leave the thread

trying to figure out how to articulate my internal process, because that string of posts was very much thinking out loud stream-of-consciousness type shit. that second post was largely approached from an angle of "if my bottom 2 are correct, where's the third?" and i find that the answer to that question
usually
isn't "the other person at the bottom of the list".

thinking through my list led me to realize that tris/BEF were the reads i had that were most tied to "vibes"/vague feelings of villageriness, whereas other people on the list had more concrete reasoning even if placed lower. so if i'm looking for a misclear, those sorts of slots are the slots i approach first, which is how you get from 1046 to 1047

readslists are a crapshoot anyways and should be used more as a tool for thought organization than objective analysis. honestly if you ever find my strictly following my readslist to the letter you can dunk me on the spot, because my progressions are WAY cleaner and "logical" when i'm mafia
aka Amy | hope you're having a good day
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1275, Kaname Date wrote:i don't think Amy's posting on D&D particularly attaches them as partners. it seems like she could have done something besides vote NM to get a stronger counterwagon for D&D, but that's not the supreme indicator of alignment i would like it to be. she might just have not predicted D&D would need the help. still, it's pretty much the same as what i remember my own feelings about D&D being which is why i'm unsurprised to see the two of us lumped together this day.

Amy, i think it would be faster to ask than to try and comb through your ISO again for it, but what was the reason for my fall in your reads, again?
more an abundance of villagery behavior on the part of the rest of the game than anyone else.

i look at other slots, i can think of a couple of decent reasons to call them a villager. i can approach the game from that angle

i look at your slot and i get... not a ton. very medium feelings. your posts are fine, i find myself nodding along plenty, but there's nothing i can find that i could point to and say "i don't think a wolf could/would do this"

hence, PoE
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1275, Kaname Date wrote:i don't think Amy's posting on D&D particularly attaches them as partners. it seems like she could have done something besides vote NM to get a stronger counterwagon for D&D, but that's not the supreme indicator of alignment i would like it to be. she might just have not predicted D&D would need the help. still, it's pretty much the same as what i remember my own feelings about D&D being which is why i'm unsurprised to see the two of us lumped together this day.

more an abundance of villagery behavior on the part of the rest of the game than anyone else.

i look at other slots, i can think of a couple of decent reasons to call them a villager. i can approach the game from that angle

i look at your slot and i get... not a ton. very medium feelings. your posts are fine, i find myself nodding along plenty, but there's nothing i can find that i could point to and say "i don't think a wolf could/would do this"

hence, PoE
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1279, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:Why would KD be shot today? Who is even advocating for that?

~M
a solid chunk of the game (or at least the louder portions) seem to have established some dichotomy between KD and myself, which is what i was speaking to
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1282, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1267, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1252, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 388, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 217, Ampharos wrote:Let's put this to rest.

I've been playing casually since 2011, seriously since 2016. I'm a site administrator at MafiaUniverse.com.

Assertions that I'm new are incorrect as well as annoying, and I guarantee you that's NAI.
Yeah I don’t think someone of this experience level would be self-conscious like I was initially thinking, or feel much need to play defensively regarding mechanics
UNVOTE:
hmmm

I think my feeling of weirdness re: Gamma is more that I didn't read Ampharos' post as self-conscious at all, and even if you assumed that she was new to mafia, I still wouldn't have read her posts as self-conscious, so calling them such seems off to me. Iirc there were several people calling Ampharos towny for outing the neighborhood,
so it feels like this could be a shallow attempt to prevent her from becoming a universal TR, if that makes sense
This post still bothers me.

~M
Why?
Tbh that’s probably a decent point for Amphy!town, it reads as TMI
It might if it wasn’t so extremely over the top.

~M
elaborate on this?
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1292, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1291, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

- Daenerys

~M
i... actually agree with this

alright so i'm bad at mafia

and if N_M's town then i'm
really
bad at mafia

where am i fucking up here
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Ampharos »

bleh

i'm stuck in this mental rut where i really REALLY wanna see a Not_Mafia flip and it's monopolizing my entire worldview

because if he's town, there are two players in this game that i'm just HARD misreading

and i don't like that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”