Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Tammy »

Vote Count 1.3

Day One!

Sigmund Freud claimed that cocaine could cure depression and sexual impotence. He prescribed it to his friends, though he thought for the general population it led to physical and moral decadence.

Secret Tunnel (1):
morph the cat,
plusJOYED (1):
bell
Prism (1):
The Bulge
The Bulge (1):
plusJOYED

Not Voting (9)
:April Ludgate, zMuffinMan, Remilia Scarlet, MariaR, Alisae, midway bear, Prism, Something_Smart, Secret Tunnel

With 13 alive it takes 7 to send to rehab.

Deadline:
Friday, October 2 at 12:00 pm.

Countdown:
(expired on 2020-10-02 12:00:00)

Let me know if there are any errors, etc.
Last edited by Tammy on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Prism »

I'm really confused by Joyed's read progression on me/Bulge. 493 views all of my pre-454 posts as fluff. 470 seems to recognize that pressuring someone for fluff might actually be a good thing. There's also really no reason to feel sympathy for someone being pressed for reads/reactions and I'm shocked I garnered that considering I did my best to be completely unsympathetic.

Bulge still being a scumlean despite the realization that their actions have strong town incentive is pretty ???
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Prism »

If anyone wants to make the morph read more concrete I'd appreciate it. I'm not familiar with notsci but I liked their reaction for the most part.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:45 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 501, Prism wrote:I'm really confused by Joyed's read progression on me/Bulge. 493 views all of my pre-454 posts as fluff. 470 seems to recognize that pressuring someone for fluff might actually be a good thing. There's also really no reason to feel sympathy for someone being pressed for reads/reactions and I'm shocked I garnered that considering I did my best to be completely unsympathetic.

Bulge still being a scumlean despite the realization that their actions have strong town incentive is pretty ???
even factoring in bulges prism vote being possibly town motivated I still lean bulge scum for the other stuff
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:46 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i feel like i'll get some town reads for saying fferycabd is my strongest scum read so far

going against the grain usually makes people town-read you i think?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Prism »

In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:I haven't played with Prism, discounting a game that was abandoned immediately after I replaced into it. I modded a game where they had a deadbeat scumteam and pulled off an extremely impressive scum win (in what was probably a somewhat townsided setup). I don't recall exactly why they got so townread but I think it had to do with faking really genuine-looking actions such as a self-vote. So that's probably a good sign since they seem the polar opposite of that here, but it was a long time ago.
Can you elaborate on why this game appeared to be polar opposite? This seems to suggest that either I wasn't looking very genuine, that the type of actions were fundamentally different, or that there's just something tonally/stylistically that's different. Selfvoting in three way ExLo with a player openly scumreading me is a lot more bold than just saying "Yeah I don't have reads vote me" knowing the chance of it going through is small.

P-Edit: What other stuff? It seems like you also recognize some differences from the demonstrated scumBulge game, though whether you think there are similarities seems ambiguous.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:50 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

his contradiction, notsci, and gut read on him
I also consider prisms post after 454 to not have much substance imo
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:50 am

Post by MariaR »

If you think I'm about to read 21 pages you made in 1 day you are so very wrong.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 497, Prism wrote:I don't think my 454 comes close to answering your (Bell's) questions without really committing myself to more than I feel in reality.

I do want to challenge the morph townread. Taking a strong scum presence is likely to be extremely important this game-you can't just sit on the backfoot. Ffery might legitimately be excited to get to play with me, but the motivational "Shine!" stuff feels a bit off to me. I definitely started off a bit more confident in Dystopia but the focused, obsessive play came much later. In Midscummer Night's Dream it never really happened at all, though it's hard to separate mine and nancy's effort because we didn't really sign. I can see why they probably liked my Dystopia play, but honestly that game is more vivid to me because I
singlehandedly lost my team the game
with my intensity.

Do they actually want me to shine or are they just saying it? I don't really know. I think the pressure for content is okay but perhaps overwrought.
Prism, I want to play with that person. You were impressive despite the loss. You went up against scum-Jingle in an anonymous alt, which I wouldn't wish on anyone, and you came that little bit short mostly due to a town that flaked way more than you deserved.

Though modding that game did help me eventually see scum-Jingle in a different anonymous alt in an anon game I played a few weeks later. Mostly because the play was identifiable Jingle as well as scum-Jingle after having a ringside seat for a few weeks.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:52 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 504, zMuffinMan wrote:i feel like i'll get some town reads for saying fferycabd is my strongest scum read so far

Mmmmm depends on the player and even then it's more about the reasoning than anything else. I wouldn't say having off reads is AI. If someone is like that all game though and isn't changing it's worth looking into. Considering who we're talking about here though that's very doubtful.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Bell »

In post 495, April Ludgate wrote:I would like it to be noted that the dynamic between PlusJoyed and Bell is weird.
From my side.
We’ve played together. I have mixed feelings about getting town read early by people i’ve played with before.
I stood aside and let him get miseliminated in our last game and my impression of him is sort a mix of enthusiasm and slightly off the wall play . Since he only recently came to this site I think he’s adjusting to site meta and he was only in one game. So in that game he was a bit stir crazy. Because of rapid adjustment i’m trying to take it slow.

In short, i’m trying to figure out how best to approach and get a solid read on him. I could poke at him wrong and trigger an avalanche on his town head if i’m not careful. Or it could result in him being correctly eliminated.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:54 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i am not read up on recent pages

have fferycabd figured out noddy is town yet or are they still pretending he could be scum?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:54 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 504, zMuffinMan wrote:i feel like i'll get some town reads for saying fferycabd is my strongest scum read so far

I told cabd that not townreading me when you came back would be a scumclaim.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:57 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 510, Bell wrote:
In post 495, April Ludgate wrote:I would like it to be noted that the dynamic between PlusJoyed and Bell is weird.
From my side.
We’ve played together. I have mixed feelings about getting town read early by people i’ve played with before.
I stood aside and let him get miseliminated in our last game and my impression of him is sort a mix of enthusiasm and slightly off the wall play . Since he only recently came to this site I think he’s adjusting to site meta and he was only in one game. So in that game he was a bit stir crazy. Because of rapid adjustment i’m trying to take it slow.

In short, i’m trying to figure out how best to approach and get a solid read on him. I could poke at him wrong and trigger an avalanche on his town head if i’m not careful. Or it could result in him being correctly eliminated.
Don't really like this post. It feels like putting in a lot more reasoning than really is needed for something that was so minor. Although I'm still trying to figure out where I think this post would lead in a world where Bell/Plus are SvS but that's not something I need to go off of atm.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:57 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 510, Bell wrote:
From my side.

If it helps, I have ice powers to help stop an accidental avalanche, and you have my support.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

Good to see you once more, lady the first.

Would you like to renew your hemlock society membership?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Bell »

is there a conclusion to that thought Maria?
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 513, MariaR wrote:
In post 510, Bell wrote:
From my side.

Don't really like this post. It feels like putting in a lot more reasoning than really is needed for something that was so minor. Although I'm still trying to figure out where I think this post would lead in a world where Bell/Plus are SvS but that's not something I need to go off of atm.
Gut scum read on Maria means this is probably townMaria
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 515, morph the cat wrote:Good to see you once more, lady the first.

I would love too!
In post 516, Bell wrote:is there a conclusion to that thought Maria?
It's that I think if you look at your overall iso this sticks out in a very odd manner that comes from scum more likely than town.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Either that or she just tried a weird FL scum tactic after seeing me play scum, and I oddly just read it 100% correctly, but this is a theory. A tinfoil theory.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm still really curious about these morph townreads.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 498, April Ludgate wrote:I actually have Morph as my strongest town read right now
This isn't where I thought events were building up to.

Not that I'm particularly upset about it, mind you.

I was just expecting a spicier take.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 518, MariaR wrote:
In post 515, morph the cat wrote:Good to see you once more, lady the first.

I would love too!
In post 516, Bell wrote:is there a conclusion to that thought Maria?
It's that I think if you look at your overall iso this sticks out in a very odd manner that comes from scum more likely than town.
Do you have data to back that up or
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 520, Prism wrote:I'm still really curious about these morph townreads.
Which ones?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Ffery, despite my caution, I'm looking forward to playing with you too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”