Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 573, iamausername wrote:
In post 571, iamausername wrote: neither of these quotes feel like TGP is talking his reads as about actual opinions that he has
...i don't know how the word 'about' managed to move a whole three places to the right in this sentence. "talking about his reads as", that should say.
you were re-reading the post later then eh? why?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

VOTE: iamausername
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 496, bob3141 wrote:Im feeling a slight lean town lean on golden, as if golden was partnered with either of bm or noraa i just dont think he would come in and push the fresh idea that they are just scum getting in early bussing.

Especially after choosing to vote for the one with the largest wagon. Of the two players he has stated as being svs. And not only that but a fourth vote on the first wagon. An ice breaker often done by town.
Golden is a townlean because he isn't scum with Noraa? eh, I don't know man, needs a re-think. Noraa and me is either T v S, or T v T. In either case, scum benefit from pushing the S v S agenda to guarantee at least 1 mislynch, if not two.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the Datisi and ShellyC debate about rolefishing is odd.

Datisi correctly accuses ShellyC of rolefishing
ShellyC denies it
Datisi incorrectly implies the rolefishing was scum indicative

Datisi - Why wouldn't Shelly rolefish there? Seems perfectly reasonable to me - I did the same thing. Which leads me to my next question - why only single her out?

ShellyC - Why pretend you didn't rolefish when you did? Worried about getting bad attention?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:59 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 574, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 571, iamausername wrote:my fun fact is that i think both Ico and Noraa are town, and they're both voting TheGoldenParadox for what i think are bad reasons, but i think they've managed to hit scum anyway
In post 528, TheGoldenParadox wrote: scumreading Iconeum because i don't really see their logic on voting me as being town-motivated - my vote will stay where it is for now, but that will change if ico gets noticably scummier.
In post 535, TheGoldenParadox wrote:you're looking really defensive to me right now, so while i'm staying with my light townlean, i'm not confident in it either.
neither of these quotes feel like TGP is talking his reads as about actual opinions that he has, they feel like they are conscious choices that he is making, and the way he is threatening to upgrade them to scumreads to try to get the people voting him to back off is scummy as hell.

also, the progression from
In post 528, TheGoldenParadox wrote:rn i think noraa is just newbie town, but being confident in bm!scum within the first day doesn't really scream town; noraa will stay at a light townread.
to
In post 532, TheGoldenParadox wrote:also nora's reads on menal and me scream newbtown.
to
In post 535, TheGoldenParadox wrote:do i think your scumreads on menal and me are legitimate instead of simply trying to generate empty content? no, not really.
in the space of like half an hour makes absolutely no sense

VOTE: TheGoldenParadox
was he just catching up on the game? if so, kinda figures his reads would evolve quickly.
i was to some extent, but those three reads are entirely self-consistent. i think noraa is newbtown, i'm not confident about that read so it's more of a lean, but their actual reads are not reads that i believe are helpful or incredibly legitimate. town, especially newbtown, can generate empty content as well as opposed to actual reads, and town can create fluff. i know i did that when i was newbtown.
In post 575, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 571, iamausername wrote: neither of these quotes feel like TGP is talking his reads as about actual opinions that he has
...i don't know how the word 'about' managed to move a whole three places to the right in this sentence. "talking about his reads as", that should say.
In post 576, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: iamausername
i really don't like this vote, but i haven't played with BM and don't know if this is normal for them - if someone has, that would be cool to know. for now, that vote feels really... random to me in a game that is by now definitely out of RVS, especially for you, BM.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 505, Datisi wrote:
In post 498, shellyc wrote:
In post 488, Datisi wrote:"ico please confirm if you're in a pt" and voting him when he continued ignoring you about that felt very much like a rolefish
I want to hear explanations from people and I vote for them to pressure them into giving explanations

is that not valid
nobody said that voting people to pressure them into giving explanations isn't "valid"???

i'm saying the subject that you were pressing on is scummy
no, that's wrong, and you are better than that.
In post 507, shellyc wrote:
In post 505, Datisi wrote:i'm saying the subject that you were pressing on is scummy
I interpreted that as my vote being scummy

you could see it as rolefish but idrt finding out about a neighbourhood is discovering some real amazing PR
you need a lawyer.
In post 522, Datisi wrote:
In post 515, shellyc wrote:
In post 511, Datisi wrote:shelly i think you missed this too (response to 429 i think)
taylor could be scum with someone of {BM, Noraa} not ruling out TvS just yet

besides whats scum motivation for taylor to step into a tvt shitfight, they can just hang out in the shadows
i mean the scum!motivation for egging on a tvt fight is pretty simple lol, keep the idiots tunneled at eachother
not a fan on this.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 578, Battle Mage wrote:Datisi - Why wouldn't Shelly rolefish there? Seems perfectly reasonable to me - I did the same thing. Which leads me to my next question - why only single her out?
funny story, that's The One Thing that was bothering me about you in

and because it can lead to unnecessarily outing TPRs?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 579, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 571, iamausername wrote:my fun fact is that i think both Ico and Noraa are town, and they're both voting TheGoldenParadox for what i think are bad reasons, but i think they've managed to hit scum anyway
In post 528, TheGoldenParadox wrote: scumreading Iconeum because i don't really see their logic on voting me as being town-motivated - my vote will stay where it is for now, but that will change if ico gets noticably scummier.
In post 535, TheGoldenParadox wrote:you're looking really defensive to me right now, so while i'm staying with my light townlean, i'm not confident in it either.
neither of these quotes feel like TGP is talking his reads as about actual opinions that he has, they feel like they are conscious choices that he is making, and the way he is threatening to upgrade them to scumreads to try to get the people voting him to back off is scummy as hell.

In post 528, TheGoldenParadox wrote:rn i think noraa is just newbie town, but being confident in bm!scum within the first day doesn't really scream town; noraa will stay at a light townread.
to
In post 532, TheGoldenParadox wrote:also nora's reads on menal and me scream newbtown.
to
In post 535, TheGoldenParadox wrote:do i think your scumreads on menal and me are legitimate instead of simply trying to generate empty content? no, not really.

was he just catching up on the game? if so, kinda figures his reads would evolve quickly.
i was to some extent, but those three reads are entirely self-consistent. i think noraa is newbtown, i'm not confident about that read so it's more of a lean, but their actual reads are not reads that i believe are helpful or incredibly legitimate. town, especially newbtown, can generate empty content as well as opposed to actual reads, and town can create fluff. i know i did that when i was newbtown.
i really don't like this vote, but
i haven't played with BM and don't know if this is normal for them
- if someone has, that would be cool to know. for now, that vote feels really... random to me in a game that is by now definitely out of RVS,
especially for you, BM
I don't like some things about you.

1. I don't like how you over-egg things with emotive language like "really" all the time, to try and bolster your weak positions. In reality it just makes it look like you are tailspinning out of control.
2. I don't like how you have singled me (and only me?) out twice, with very little justification, for 2 unrelated, random and not particularly credible things. The second is worse, and feels a little like scum just trying to buy consistency points by targetting the same player, but being fundamentally too lazy to come up with anything robust.
3. I don't like that in red above, you initially acknowledged you hadn't played with me, and had no idea what my normal play is. Then in blue above, you pretend you do know how I play to strengthen your argument.

I'm amused that you didn't just lap up my defence of you, as it's consistent with my hypothesis - you are trying to keep targetting me to avoid attention - it wouldn't do to simply agree with me, even if you actually did, you had to spin in a way which made it sound like I was wrong (which in isolation, actually makes you look worse anyway).

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Golden Paradox

I got one, ma.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 581, Datisi wrote:
In post 578, Battle Mage wrote:Datisi - Why wouldn't Shelly rolefish there? Seems perfectly reasonable to me - I did the same thing. Which leads me to my next question - why only single her out?

I think you've got it twisted fella. Falsely claiming a TPR can unnecessarily out a TPR. So look to Menalque, and Menalque alone, on that one. Ok, and slightly Ico for taking a while to deny it.

Once the claim had been made, it was completely sensible to try to resolve what the fk it meant. That's just trying to solve the game innit.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 583, Battle Mage wrote:

I think you've got it twisted fella. Falsely claiming a TPR can unnecessarily out a TPR. So look to Menalque, and Menalque alone, on that one. Ok, and slightly Ico for taking a while to deny it.

Once the claim had been made, it was completely sensible to try to resolve what the fk it meant. That's just trying to solve the game innit.
can i call in the meta argument of "i have seen town!mena do this and while i might have feelings about it i'm aware it's not AI for him"?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 583, Battle Mage wrote:So look to Menalque, and Menalque alone, on that one
You mean the fakeclaim? Why would real masons/neighbours feel any need to CC me?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Menalque »

I skimmed earlier while my friend went to the loo mid drinking session and while BM’s posts didn’t really do anything for me alignment-wise they did remind me of why I enjoyed reading his posts in the previous games of his that I’ve seen
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 556, Datisi wrote:
In post 529, Menalque wrote:Datisi - townread
a promotion? :good:
Yes I am now townbinning you don’t be scum pls
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 584, Datisi wrote:
In post 583, Battle Mage wrote:

can i call in the meta argument of "i have seen town!mena do this and while i might have feelings about it i'm aware it's not AI for him"?
And what might those feelings be hmmmmmm
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Datisi »

hi mena
when you're sober can you please talk to me about (or rather i guess) k thx

pedit: lol
that's very appreciated
except w h y ?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 588, Menalque wrote:And what might those feelings be hmmmmmm
my feelings are that it's very fucking dumb, especially if the person bites the bait and claims their role (which did happen at least once so don't give me the "but nobody would--") <3
~M
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 582, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 579, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

to
to

i really don't like this vote, but
i haven't played with BM and don't know if this is normal for them
- if someone has, that would be cool to know. for now, that vote feels really... random to me in a game that is by now definitely out of RVS,
especially for you, BM
I don't like some things about you.

1. I don't like how you over-egg things with emotive language like "really" all the time, to try and bolster your weak positions. In reality it just makes it look like you are tailspinning out of control.
2. I don't like how you have singled me (and only me?) out twice, with very little justification, for 2 unrelated, random and not particularly credible things. The second is worse, and feels a little like scum just trying to buy consistency points by targetting the same player, but being fundamentally too lazy to come up with anything robust.
3. I don't like that in red above, you initially acknowledged you hadn't played with me, and had no idea what my normal play is. Then in blue above, you pretend you do know how I play to strengthen your argument.

I'm amused that you didn't just lap up my defence of you, as it's consistent with my hypothesis - you are trying to keep targetting me to avoid attention - it wouldn't do to simply agree with me, even if you actually did, you had to spin in a way which made it sound like I was wrong (which in isolation, actually makes you look worse anyway).

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Golden Paradox

I got one, ma.
lit, glad you think so. to clarify - "especially for you, BM" was because you specifically were in a fight with nora and had produced quite a bit of content. and no, i won't lap up your buddying attempts. sorry bout it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 563, Battle Mage wrote:I dislike this. I'm not super down on the gambit, but I think using it to shade Ico is not good. Basically feels like you running that play set him up to fail however he reacted. I think he probably took the least scummy approach by being honest about it, although really whatever he did, you could have framed it negatively.
Is this not somewhat undermined by the fact that in spite of me disliking icon ruining my gambit I still think he’s town more likely than not?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 589, Datisi wrote:pedit: lol
that's very appreciated
except w h y ?
Is u being cute not enough of a reason
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Menalque »

I don’t think you would betray my fragile heart by rolling scum this game datisi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Datisi »

please don't drink anymore tonight okay
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 590, Datisi wrote:
my feelings are that it's very fucking dumb, especially if the person bites the bait and claims their role (which did happen at least once so don't give me the "but nobody would--") <3
But nobody would do that datisi!

Imagine if I’d claimed masons

Who, in their right mind, in a semi open setup for instance, would decide to counterclaim me in that scenario???!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 595, Datisi wrote:please don't drink anymore tonight okay
I won’t drink any
more
but the damage is done
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Menalque »

Can I not call u cute in game :(
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 596, Menalque wrote:
In post 590, Datisi wrote:
But nobody would do that datisi!

Imagine if I’d claimed masons

Who, in their right mind, in a semi open setup for instance, would decide to counterclaim me in that scenario???!
oh wow gee i have no idea!

it's not like i was a moderator of a game where that exact thing happened!

nope, not at all!
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”