Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

This one's going to be more weird than most because there are only a couple players I've seen before, at least by these names. If there are alts involved it's possible I know more of you, but I tend not to dig for that unless necessary.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1775, davesaz wrote:This one's going to be more weird than most because there are only a couple players I've seen before, at least by these names. If there are alts involved it's possible I know more of you, but I tend not to dig for that unless necessary.
Have u seen me before?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1757, duppin wrote:i see. Out of curiosity if it was someone other than Redados who voted, would you still have concluded it was an attempt at pushing a mislynch rightaway or is this assumption based on your read on Redados?
This is a fairly solvey type post. Don't remember what threaded me there tbh, one of the drawbacks of not reading in order. Thought it was worth noting for myself later in any case. (in case you're wondering my catchup posts also serve as reminders to myself of what caught my eye)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Noraa »

You read thru 72 pages that fast?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1717, duppin wrote:My vote was parked there because I expected him to show up after the V/LA ended and still kind of hope for him to show up. Just because he has been V/LA does not mean I do not want to pressure his slot.

In hindsight I definitely agree I could have pursued different angles, but my other scumread was already the leading wagon at that point so.
As for anyone else doing something scummy - sure they have, which is why I have questioned them on it. I have also gained more townreads as the game has progressed which I am perfectly content with for a day 1 especially one this spammy
it's a waste to leave it there while he's vla imo
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1724, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Yeah honestly, i've never lost faith in the Saudade wagon.
But he got into a VLA so now nobody will eliminate him. That's just bad luck for town really. Gives scum an excuse.
good god you're obvscumming so hard
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1739, Noraa wrote:
In post 1733, Redados wrote:
In post 1723, duppin wrote:As I said when I gave my reads before he hasn't really done much to change my mind. No matter what his alignment is I believe he is too caught up on Noora's push on him.
What I will say though is that I am actually a bit surprised with his latest posts as I did not expect him to defend me. If he is scum it seems more logical for him to at least try to discredit me a little bit since I called him scummy.
My current limpool is {noraa, unowen, mundivore, shelly} although I'll probably have to widen that to avoid a mislim of course.

Where is bugspray?

Where is mundivore?? Mundivore has done very little hunting today and has stayed mostly under the radar. VOTE: Mundivore
wtf? Why are u voting a really inactive slot now?
VOTE: Redados
ur so scummy its unbelievable
im sensing a pattern here
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

yeah i agree that duppin could be scum but I don't think he is day 1 elim. In fact I TR him slightly
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1778, Noraa wrote:You read thru 72 pages that fast?
Nah, I'm jumping around. On first glance there's going to be a high noise to signal ratio this game so I probably won't deeply read most of the old stuff. Unless someone wants me to look back that far for a particular reason.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 469, Mundivore wrote:
In post 421, shellyc wrote:
In post 418, Mundivore wrote:I'm clownreading shelly. This super aggressive behavior seems detrimental to her no matter her alignment.

And I think you all know what I think about clowns.
INTERESTING, tasty, very tasty

opportunistic wagoning, -2 townpoints
Stuff doesn't happen if people don't get voted for.
In post 424, shellyc wrote:mudivore reads?

it's not as detrimental as you may think
I don't like readlists either. If someone wants to know what I think of someone, they can ask. Otherwise, posting readlists feels like it gives scum more ammunition than anyone else. Scum like to kill people who townies think are town. Scum like to mislim people who townies think are scum. And the list itself is non-content, something scum can create and share to appear as if they are contributing to the discussion while really only reacting to it in a way that is favorable to them.
The first sentiment here is pretty good. Yes, large numbers of votes are revealing, though I'd argue that knowing why people voted is equally if not more important.

Disagree on the second point. I don't think it's possible for town to get a good result without sharing information, because we inherently start out at an information disadvantage. There are obviously some things that need to be kept close to the vest but a general idea of who you think is scum is essential for consensus building. It also helps to have given reads when town if you're eliminated, because the remaining people can use that if they choose to listen.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

davesaz could you do me a favor and look over duppin's iso a bit more and tell me what you think?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

Also Redados'
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 885, Mundivore wrote: shelly plays mafia with the same mentality as a wingsuit diver. She just yeets herself off a cliff-face and hopes not to be dashed against any rocks.
Does this come from a place of authority with regard to Shelly's meta?
You won't have much to read. I still haven't exited RVS mentality... this is a very hectic game, and I tend to keep my reads to myself until I find them useful.
Hmm, this jives with the previous post but yikes, RVS mentality nearly to post 900?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1046, Mundivore wrote:I mean, I just turned Saudade's wagon into a much more viable wagon. By my own reasoning, a Saudade town flip (at
any
point in the game, even if we leave this wagon for a better one) should make me appear more scummy, and a Saudade scum flip should make me appear more town.

I'm aware of the fact that my vote looks more scummy than not. As I said, playing towards the middle is a fine strategy. The point is, I'm making a play that has consequences. Votes, and the ways people react to votes, and the ways people react
with
votes, are the only thing that have consequences and therefore any concrete long-term meaning in this game. If you're serious about your doubt of me, vote for me. Things need to
happen.
Otherwise, town will keep floundering until we run out of time and we're forced to elim the person with the most votes on them just so that we don't give scum an extra kill.
I wasn't as sure earlier in iso read but this seems town mindset in general.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 601, duppin wrote:
In post 598, shellyc wrote:duppin what other reads do you have

i don't really concur with your red read, fwiw he seems pretty disagreeable by thinking that the game is moving in a direction he dislikes
yes but just complaining about the state and not attempting to move it in a direction is suspicious to me. he seems to be complaining about the game state and being very careful with his reads (he essentially ended up only giving town reads) which to me indicate is trying to avoid confrontation while still appearing active. I am perfectly aware it might be too early to tell but that is the impression I am left with
Answers the 2nd question but not the 1st.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 610, duppin wrote:
In post 608, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't mind anyone voting Jester if they genuinely scumread him. But voting purely with the explained reason that they fundamentally disagree with self-voting is where i draw the line.
you are free to find me suspicious or vote on me for doing so I have no problem with that whatsoever
Hmm, silence would give the same impression which makes me wonder whether this is scum motivated.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

Ran out of time while reading duppin. I'll have to come back to this later.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 1787, davesaz wrote:
In post 885, Mundivore wrote: shelly plays mafia with the same mentality as a wingsuit diver. She just yeets herself off a cliff-face and hopes not to be dashed against any rocks.
Does this come from a place of authority with regard to Shelly's meta?
You won't have much to read. I still haven't exited RVS mentality... this is a very hectic game, and I tend to keep my reads to myself until I find them useful.
Hmm, this jives with the previous post but yikes, RVS mentality nearly to post 900?
Shelly and Mundivore both played in Newbie 2027 (I played in it too)
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1516, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 1474, shellyc wrote:I still remember my case on Jackson and I stand by it

I want to interact with joyed but joyed’s play is super LHF and weird which may colour my read. they were lynchbait in both my scumgames with them
your case on jackson seemed to be omgus from what I remember. why do you think my slot is scum?
its not omegas and this proves you didn’t read the game or my iso when I repeated it ten million times and I don’t really wanna detail it again
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1537, Odd Day Jester wrote:Remember that marathon game where you were town and then lied about the order of the posts/time stamps when I said it incriminated you, shelly? Yeah... that would explain why town!you is lying about the "concerns me" thing among other stuff from earlier.
hi hectic!

LAL is town!me’s downfall (kinda) from my chat mafia experiences

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1538, PlusJOYED wrote:i'm sus of both reddados and taylor like stated
i replaced in very recently and my reads are not very strong at all yet, so it would be helpful to get this elim soonish for concrete data to form my reads
I could iso dive to get better grasp on the game but we are low on time and I don't think it's worth the effort yet when we are so close to solid data
given all that, I think I'll trust town mostly on wagons as long as I'm able to see the wagon target as scum
NE also told me to swap and I think NE is town
“NE tells me to swap”
telling someone to vote swap is NAI and you (if you’re town) do not understand the alignments of Taylor supposedly

imma dip for a quick lunch also holy fuck why are there still like 13 pages

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1542, Noraa wrote:Norwee and Jester have been pretty against this redados wagon. I think they are both coming from a town perspective tho so I'm not too sure redados flipping red means they r scum
elaborate

why do you think Norway and jester are coming from a town perspective when they oppose your prefered wagon

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1549, Tayl0r Swift wrote:this is a bad reason for a vote on someone.
sometimes your vote doesn’t need to be on your biggest scumread
we need to get a lim through and you’re going today most likely

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1552, Tayl0r Swift wrote:how are people letting duppin get away with not explaining reads at all? everyone who posts about duppin seems to agree that the posts are bad, but theres no momentum towards the wagon, and immediately a shitty counterwagon forms on me.

duppin is 90% scum here.
can you actually *case* duppin for once
can you explain instead of saying that “they have no reads” which isn’t strictly AI

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1564, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It looks to me like some BS vote count logic scum likes to use.
VOTE: PlusJOYED
listen I might actually have decent reads on Jackson and grendeltaylor
can w all revisit the early game and look at my pushes

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”