Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 475, Datisi wrote:a couple of things i noticed while reading- 238 pinged me because "lol this sounds forced" is imo a very ~easy~ thing for scum to say about someone and it's not exactly ssomething you can defend (also it's like one of go-to's for scumtisi though i might be projecting here)- calling taylor fence-sitting for what i thought was the opposite of that- while calling teacher townlean after a post i thought was more fence-sitty than taylor's- saying we should think about noraavBM being tvt (275) but then noraa tunneling is anti-town no matter what, how does town have that level of confidence (344)- the play around you/mena claiming a PT felt a lot like rolefishing?- also the "wow ico utr there is scum pocketing him" when like? how many people have expressed a townread on you? (i'll take this back if i missed other townreads on you because it's possible i did but also this isn't a huge point so you know)
i don't really disagree with a lot of this

the 'super forced' part is meh, i think that town!me tends to excaggerate as well
other points are smt that i didn't see myself, but i get where ur coming from

especially the rolefishing and being generally pockety towards me
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Iconeum »

oh daddy

give me some feedback on my noraa case
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1012, Datisi wrote:nora is currently at the peak of my ogofidk corner
i understand literally nothing of what noraa's written so far, and in a vacuum they're genuinely a confusing coinflip to me

however i think shelly's scummier, the deadness of that wagon / counter on golden is kinda worrying me, and i think you might be getting pocketed there lol

talk to me about golden?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:21 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 962, shellyc wrote:
In post 886, iamausername wrote:i'd switch Swifty for bob, got a gut town feel from her early postings and i've seen no reason to doubt it as yet, while bob has a major case of trying hard to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.

i also wouldn't flip Noraa today, but i get where you're coming from in 753. i just feel like the possibility of her being scum still seems very unlikely to me.
can you explain why you wouldn’t flip noraa
in short, because i think Noraa is town and i would prefer not to execute town if we can avoid it.

in long, i think she's town because she doesn't seem to be motivated by self-preservation, like at all. what she mostly seems to be motivated by is a desire to prove that she is right. this is kind of a bad thing for a town player to be motivated by, and most of her reasoning is extremely flawed, to be sure, but i believe that she believes in it.

like, her progression from tunneling BM to joining the Golden wagon to going back to tunneling BM to finally acknowledging that her tunneling might be misguided does not feel like a scum progression at all. for me, the way she jumped off the Golden wagon as soon as BM's somewhat abrasive nature got her hackles up again allayed any concern i might have had that her Golden vote was scum opportunistically joining a popular wagon. the fact that she refused my repeated requests to vote for Golden yesterday, and in fact still hasn't done so even after backing down on BM also back that up.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:23 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 999, Battle Mage wrote:can everybody give like 2 people they want to elim today? would be good to get some hard data at this point.
agreed.

my two are GoldenParadox and bob.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:26 am

Post by iamausername »

bob's case of "shelly is scum because scum didn't opportunistically jump onto her wagon" sure seems like a good excuse to opportunistically jump onto her wagon huh
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Menalque »

sup
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Menalque »

alonzo why are you scum reading me ?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 665, Alonzo wrote:
In post 663, Noraa wrote:you think mena and bob are scum together?
I think both are good fits for mages partner.
specifically here
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 583, Battle Mage wrote:Falsely claiming a TPR can unnecessarily out a TPR. So look to Menalque, and Menalque alone, on that one.
dude even if there are neighbours they're never going to out themselves on the basis of someone claiming neighbours with
someone else entirely

it's like the safest claim you can make in terms of not outing, it's not like claiming cop or something
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 827, Battle Mage wrote:It's an MVP performance here so far. Not sure what means for alignment though.
have you like, played with icon much at all?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Menalque »

also BM why not vote shelly?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:14 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 957, Iconeum wrote:
In post 883, TheGoldenParadox wrote:okay, that's interesting. i didn't know that, but that makes the shelly/ico interaction super interesting.
you think scum!ico and scum!shellyc are pocketing each other?
In post 969, shellyc wrote:
In post 880, TheGoldenParadox wrote:shelly/ico/bm seems absolutely like a viable scumteam to me.
that is literally our town block lol

I kinda like bussing as well. I have several completed games you can look at
I'm reevaluating this scumteam, but I'm also kinda seeing ico/shelly/bm playing a game where they pocket each other and form a strong townbloc quickly, precisely to throw us off guard and play counterintuitively. although y'all do make a good point that the pocketing is kinda blatant for scum; i guess this is something that can just be WIFOM'd the hell out of, and i'm reconsidering a scum!shelly implying confscum!ico.
In post 989, Iconeum wrote:
In post 978, Iconeum wrote:
In post 929, Noraa wrote:
In post 925, teacher wrote:
In post 613, Noraa wrote:everyone else is even more meh.
That interchange came before this ya? So why this?
Alonzo has caught my attention since then. He seems townie enough so I did an iso on him and decided that he prolly is my strongest TR so far. Again, this is really sloppy. I'll try to do better once the weekend starts
This literally reads like you were forced to go look at a slot and fabricate a read there,
because you were asked to do so
Not because you are interested in solving
thoughts?
In post 998, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 996, Iconeum wrote:noraa case in a nutshell:

-(counter?)tunneling on BM
-confbiasing, trying to make every post BM made into a scumtell
-not having other reads outside of BM
-not trying to have reads outside of BM
-after being forced into having a read, suddenly has a strong townread for reasons that previously had noraa 'all are null'
-increasingly bad posts in general
welcome to noraa
In post 1014, Iconeum wrote:Noraa does a tunnel all game long on BM
Proceeds to have scumreads outside of that (see 613) that consist of meta on datisi that noraa does not have. It's literrally an assumption. And a scumread on GP because HE SWITCHED HIS VOTE FROM NORAA, TO NORAA'S TOP SCUMREAD

I will repeat. GP is scummy to noraa, because GP moved his vote away from noraa, onto noraa's SCUMREAD.

The alonzo townread. Just read the entire exchange with teacher as well. If that shit ain't faked, I don't know what is.
In post 1028, iamausername wrote:
In post 962, shellyc wrote:
In post 886, iamausername wrote:i'd switch Swifty for bob, got a gut town feel from her early postings and i've seen no reason to doubt it as yet, while bob has a major case of trying hard to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.

i also wouldn't flip Noraa today, but i get where you're coming from in 753. i just feel like the possibility of her being scum still seems very unlikely to me.
can you explain why you wouldn’t flip noraa
in short, because i think Noraa is town and i would prefer not to execute town if we can avoid it.

in long, i think she's town because she doesn't seem to be motivated by self-preservation, like at all. what she mostly seems to be motivated by is a desire to prove that she is right. this is kind of a bad thing for a town player to be motivated by, and most of her reasoning is extremely flawed, to be sure, but i believe that she believes in it.

like, her progression from tunneling BM to joining the Golden wagon to going back to tunneling BM to finally acknowledging that her tunneling might be misguided does not feel like a scum progression at all. for me, the way she jumped off the Golden wagon as soon as BM's somewhat abrasive nature got her hackles up again allayed any concern i might have had that her Golden vote was scum opportunistically joining a popular wagon. the fact that she refused my repeated requests to vote for Golden yesterday, and in fact still hasn't done so even after backing down on BM also back that up.
i'm inclined to agree with iamauser in this case, and I think they captured it really well. While noraa is giving off a lot of traditionally scummy vibes, I'm also inclined to believe that most of that is based on her relative newness as opposed to her actually being scum. i'm really not that far out of my newbie phase myself (and i've regressed since my hiatus started) and i definitely understand how newbies can easily say things that are misinterpreted as scumtells. Noraa seems to me like pretty LHF, and ico's attacks on her feel like they're ignoring the other, more likely reason behind her oozing scumtells: her being a newbie, as opposed to her being scum.
@ico
the reason noraa is low hanging fruit is because she is a new player who has significant shortcomings and scumtells as a result of being a new player, and thus is an easy target to point out their scumtells and create a wagon on because they will have so many scumtells.

basically all of shelly's posts on page 38 scumping me hard. i have absolutely no idea what she's trying to accomplish here but it seems a lot like she's spinning in circles and not going anywhere. the entire taylor push is weird, is unhelpful and unproductive, and just generally shelly is pinging me as scum who wants to create a townbloc and sell herself as town, either by pocketing actual town or working with other scum to wifom us. i'm happy with my vote on shelly, and i think shelly is a good d1 lynch here because they have quite a few interactions with almost everyone here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 523, shellyc wrote:mental note to reply to that tomorrow

now bye i need sleep

also in the games with ducky, it's quite notable that almost 0 votes were placed on me.
In post 693, shellyc wrote:sup kiddos, I am back for menal’s questioning

haven’t read those 6 pages tho
so what happened to this then shelly
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 514, Menalque wrote:
In post 458, Menalque wrote:
In post 451, shellyc wrote:Note to self do not reconsider my reads or change my stances ever again.

Note to self do not townread people.

also how am I pocketing you if I now think you're scum
That’s... not what was said? There’s nothing wrong with changing stances/reads nor did I say there was. But there needs to be evidence of a thought process there to back that up and I don’t see it with you, I just see you changing your reads to suit the situation.

I also think you nisunderstanding what I’m saying in a hyperbolic way is scummy fwiw

All of your initial posting is about how I’m townpinging you or towny for this or that, agreeing with my takes etc. Then the moment I start putting pressure on you suddenly all that vanishes and I’m prob!scum?
Also respond to the rest of this. You cherrypicked the part about you being hyperbolic to avoid responding to the other reasons why I think you’re scum.
In post 517, Menalque wrote:@513 okay where are the posts that you reread that made you reconsider? Should be pretty easy to find if it’s true!

I’m not trying to shade you, I’m outright calling you scum and saying I think you need to die today. I’m talking to you to give you an opportunity to show me I’m wrong in the case that you’re town. So far you’re being avoidant and dodging questions which is not doing anything to make me doubt my SR on you
second request that you respond to this @shelly
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Menalque »

is pii getting replaced?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Datisi »

yes
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Menalque »

[psychic yelling at skitter]
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Menalque »

dats can you give me like a rough idea of what's happened in the last day or so?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Menalque »

my impression is that icon/shelly/BM pushing TGP for [reasons]

shelly wagon stagnant and bob has moved onto it (but recently as he's not there on last VC)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Menalque »

I still think pretty strongly that shelly is scum and think it is important that we start coalescing around a flip there
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1043, Menalque wrote:dats can you give me like a rough idea of what's happened in the last day or so?
tldr important stuff for me is
- ico pushing on golden
- me pushing on shelly
- ico switching it onto noraa
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 683, teacher wrote:Ugh, I just tried Dat's ISO, and just cant. Theres like too many in the moment conversations and Im not seeing a thread.

Mena/Dat, can you talk about your reads on each other? Like the friendship is blurring the tone for me maybe.
I have given up on overthinking datisi's alignment is the long and short of it and am now purely reading her on gut impressions and how I feel about the way she's interacting with me

she has pocketed me before doing this in the Smuggler's Port large game but honestly I'm just rolling with it as it makes playing with her much more pleasant and we've stopped having "hEy YoU'Re nOt oBvTowNiNg tHiS gAmE aRe yUo ScUm?" "yOu dOn'T kNoW hOw tO rEaD mE" shitfights every game which is just a life win that seems to be making no difference to actual performance in games
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1039, Menalque wrote:second request that you respond to this @shelly
me changing reads to fit the situation is my general town play really
as town I have much lower confidence in myself

also, to the points that made me reconsider, things like the reaction to ico outing the fake was kinda artificial? the push on me for essentially swimming with the tide isn’t exactly town pinging either
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Menalque »

have you been asking people to vote shelly or just pressuring her on what she's been doing/saying?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”