Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia I (Game over!)

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
S
TRENGTH
S
PEED
K
NOWLEDGE
P
LAYER
N
AME
Gamma Emerald
None
EL-6
Gamma Emerald
SirCakez
None
EL-6
SirCakez
CreativeMod1
None
EL-6
CreativeMod1
Albert B. Rampage
I Keep Siteflaking
EL-5
Albert B. Rampage
LavarManos
None
EL-6
LavarManos
DkKoba
None
EL-6
DkKoba
I Keep Siteflaking
DkKoba
EL-5
I Keep Siteflaking
PenguinPower
None
EL-6
PenguinPower
Fun and Games
Albert B. Rampage, CreativeMod1, Noraa, JohnnyFarrar
EL-2
Fun and Games
Noraa
Fun and Games
EL-5
Noraa
JohnnyFarrar
None
EL-6
JohnnyFarrar
Not Voting
Gamma Emerald, SirCakez, LavarManos, PenguinPower
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2020-10-27 16:13:10)
Notes:

JohnnyFarrar is V/LA until Oct 21
pagetops: Lilith 55 | penguin 18 | ABR 11 | dk 6 | iks 6 | gamma 4 | noraa 4 | johnnyf 3 | cm1 2 | fun & games 2 | nosferatu 2 | cakez 2 | gb 1 | bingle 1 | lavar 1
Last edited by lilith2013 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68775
Here's the game that makes me feel like early plans help scum more than town. Read it yourself, because I'm tired of having to explain everything.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Labs dont count scum players
Only town players. Thats why they are OP.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

not OP but strong as fuck
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

labs are rather ineffective as a win condition if town are good about getting rid of them, to the point where the only conceivable points where they'd matter would be at 2 or 3 townies left
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Lol i read that game to get meta on some1 in that game i believe. But seriously its still not a scumtell ?
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The fact F&G was angling so hard to out info early like they were is scummy, because it's aiming to set up a scenario like the one that existed in that game.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2773, Gamma Emerald wrote:Does anyone have something that ensures a better chance to survive an attack than what their stats indicate? I might be able to construct a plan if I get a yes to this.
Such as? I'm not sure what you mean by this.
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

every lab thats up equals 1 less ML. Theyre also nightkills that dont need to reduce the limpool. We've done good so far but we blew resources on the most recent one.
Im still not buying that fng is scum but if skitterz doesnt come thru with some good analysis on each slot since i heard they are some sort of -really good- player in another game im not gonna fight against their lim anymore.
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Such as the thing IKS claimed to have that provides +2 to defense rolls
<Embrace The Void>

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

gamma are u just talking about the actions ppl took and trying to get ppl to only visit certain places?
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2958, DkKoba wrote:We've done good so far but we blew resources on the most recent one.
How???
<Embrace The Void>

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

You'd have a good argument if they were trying to suss out abilities and items early on but i didnt see that on my skim thru
retired
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2862, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:Also, if Penguin bluffed about giving gamma his sword - now it is good time to reveal it.
This is like the third or fourth time...
In post 2086, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2079, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also how was attempting to destroy a lab when two much more capable people were going to do it a "fun and cool option"? Seems more likely you just put out a fake action claim to hide whatever you actually did because you're scum

I want to vote F&G but I should give whatever PP did a chance to become clear
It won’t become clear today, so don’t wait if that’s what you are waiting on.
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2960, DkKoba wrote:gamma are u just talking about the actions ppl took and trying to get ppl to only visit certain places?
Yeah that was a thing I wasn't actually strongly remembering until you brought it up
With the fact a roomblock is now known to exist trying to put people towards X room is a kinda shady thing to suggest
The issue is I don't particularly remember anyone trying to advocate that sort of thing until D2, which was after the roomblock was sussed out.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2904, SirCakez wrote:yo let's not forget about Penguin kinda seems like he's giving up
?

I'm not leading the charge on everything but not sure where you get me giving up?
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Didn't Cakez or someone else spout that same nonsense on PP D2
<Embrace The Void>

Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 2958, DkKoba wrote:Im still not buying that fng is scum but if skitterz doesnt come thru with some good analysis on each slot since i heard they are some sort of -really good- player in another game im not gonna fight against their lim anymore.
what are you looking for from me?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2959, Gamma Emerald wrote:Such as the thing IKS claimed to have that provides +2 to defense rolls
Ah - I think I do. Let me confirm.
<(") | (")>
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

no, that's my role/career
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2966, Gamma Emerald wrote:Didn't Cakez or someone else spout that same nonsense on PP D2
yeah - cakeman and abr because I was vla
<(") | (")>
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2965, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2904, SirCakez wrote:yo let's not forget about Penguin kinda seems like he's giving up
?

I'm not leading the charge on everything but not sure where you get me giving up?
oh I didn't realize you were V/LA
you kinda disappeared from the game and that's what I was reading off of
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

In post 2969, Fun and Games wrote:no, that's my role/career
Damn it.
My genial plan of deflecting Noraa's attempt to murder me by answering that question asking about your carrier almost worked.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 32, Fun and Games wrote:I see I have somehow completely missed the existence of the dawn phase - I am quite bad at reading rules.

Should we mass-claim what we did last night and our motivations behind our actions?
In post 64, Fun and Games wrote:I think everyone should claim what they chose to do last night, or at the very least if they chose to explore or not

VOTE: SirCakez

~ Games
How does this
not
try to fish out abilities and items? Especially asking who explored, as exploring is generally how one finds items.
In post 122, Fun and Games wrote:I have been thinking about the setup and below are some of my thoughts so far.

I've played similar games where there are rooms etc and one way to find the bad guys is to have a running tally of actions etc.

It seems one way the scum could kill people is by attacking them at night as one of their actions - as room exploration, lab deactivation attacks are not public actions.

In lieu of a standard nightkill, the scum have an anonymous attack - they also could attack somebody directly if they believe they have a good chance of killing them as a dead person is unable to say anything.

They can also use their nightactions to attack a person directly,

For example the entire scum team could attack Bingle and if they succeed in dealing him enough damage - he would not be able to tell us who his attackers were as he is dead.

One way I thought of to deal with this is if we coordinate our night actions on rooms that provide verification.

For example if all of us were to use the gym - all of us would get a speed increase of 1 - scum who would try to do something evil would not get this speed increase and be exposed.

Also @Nosferatu - what happened to your knowledge? Did the scum use their factional ability to reduce it? This would put you very close to dying if I am reading the rules correctly and you should go to the library to fix this.

Also as for mech-speculation - I do not believe it is a priority to destroy the labs currently as our player count is quite high - it would make sense imo to have higher knowledge players destroy labs.

A player with a knowledge score of 3 has only a 10/27 chance of de-activating a lab successfully - and failure would be a wasted action on the part of the town. Also the lower the probability of success is, the easier it is for scum to do something evil and pretend like his night-action was to de-activate a lab when it really was not.

~Fun
In post 131, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 124, Ydrasse wrote:however, i don't know how to feel about stacking a single player? like, say that the doctors decide to attack the stacked person one night; they use the factional attack, and then (presuming all are alive here) all attack the same person. if they're worried that they can't kill that night, they can just use their one-shot to make themselves anonymous and do the same thing tomorrow to kill them off, since at that point i think the odds would lean much more towards the doctors being able to kill whoever was stacked? also, whoever we try to stack up will most likely end up the target of the -1 knowledge loss each night.
This is a great point and I love the way you think about this from a risk-perspective. I will discuss with my better half about whether to town-slot you as she is much better at this game than I am.

The way I thought about the risk is - the mafia do not really have the freedom to use all their attacks on someone as long as there is a public room with stat modification and speed is low.

What I mean by this is - if say all players only had one action and we decided to have 11 players go to the library to study and 1 super knowledge item stacked player go disarm a lab. The mafia cannot deviate and attack the stacked player instead of going to study because then their stats will not increase the next day. Also the stack played would presumably have some kind of item that boosts his defense so that it would be riskier for the mafia to risk unveiling themselves just to attack them.

As far as I understand the rules - even if we were to stack a player - the items would not be "lost" per se if the player were to die - we can loot their corpse and stack another player so the risk is not that great.

The primary reason I like stacking is because it's much more effective to have 1 player with knowledge 5 or 6 attacking a lab rather than 5 players with knowledge 3 - the odds are just much much better. Also having multiple players attacking a lab gives mafia room to do bad things and lie about it as the probability of failure is reasonably high. Whereas if a stacked player with knowledge 5 failed to blow up a lab - it is much less likely.
So it turns out F&G didn't really hard push anything regarding everyone using the same room, but they did try to make it sound like a good mechanical option. Again I really feel like the secret knowledge scum had of their roomblock made them want to try to mislead the town into thinking this was a good idea.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2971, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2965, PenguinPower wrote:
?

oh I didn't realize you were V/LA
you kinda disappeared from the game and that's what I was reading off of
I think it's more that noraa and dk joined the game and everything else is kinda lost in their posting.
<(") | (")>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”