Micro 968: Your Nightmare (But 4 Scarier)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Umlaut »

So, what shenanigans are similar to ego posting?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I just don't see how there could be any advantage to giving hints about one's fear in this game.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Dongempire

Revenge vote for hammering me in Newbie 2026.
In post 41, Donempire wrote:The fear ice breaker didnt work. I'll try something else, maybe relate it to fears
What do you think if the nihilists world view? That nothing you do, and nothing society says/says you should do matters, as you are prejudiced and discriminated based on factors out of your control and ultimately irrelevant points as everyone is equal and a control group of people whose environment and experiences are similar will turn out to be indistinguishable?

Or, if thats too heavy for starters, marvel or dc?
I think there are a couple of different questions in here? I don't think "everything you do is the product of your environment and experiences" is really part of the nihilist view at all, just the notion that what we do has no intrinsic meaning or value and there is no real reason to prefer any action or inaction to any other. That can be true whether or not what we do is freely chosen, can't it?

I guess I... agree with the literal statement but not with the despairing spin on it, if that makes any sense. I realize getting my philosophy from TV shows is kind of corny, but I regularly come back to something a famous vampire once said: "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." There is no
final higher purpose
behind our actions, nothing that we do now will mean anything in a million years, and that means we are free. We can just decide for ourselves what person we want to be, and do the things that person does.

I'm not a huge comic book (or comic book movie) person but if I had to answer I'm mildly partial to DC. I'm not going to try to justify that because I might just change my mind tomorrow.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

Revenge vote for hammering me in Newbie 2026.
In post 41, Donempire wrote:The fear ice breaker didnt work. I'll try something else, maybe relate it to fears
What do you think if the nihilists world view? That nothing you do, and nothing society says/says you should do matters, as you are prejudiced and discriminated based on factors out of your control and ultimately irrelevant points as everyone is equal and a control group of people whose environment and experiences are similar will turn out to be indistinguishable?

Or, if thats too heavy for starters, marvel or dc?
I think there are a couple of different questions in here? I don't think "everything you do is the product of your environment and experiences" is really part of the nihilist view at all, just the notion that what we do has no intrinsic meaning or value and there is no real reason to prefer any action or inaction to any other. That can be true whether or not what we do is freely chosen, can't it?

I guess I... agree with the literal statement but not with the despairing spin on it, if that makes any sense. I realize getting my philosophy from TV shows is kind of corny, but I regularly come back to something a famous vampire once said: "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." There is no
final higher purpose
behind our actions, nothing that we do now will mean anything in a million years, and that means we are free. We can just decide for ourselves what person we want to be, and do the things that person does.

I'm not a huge comic book (or comic book movie) person but if I had to answer I'm mildly partial to DC. I'm not going to try to justify that because I might just change my mind tomorrow.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 52, Kerset wrote:wow hammer was so important for you but person, who started the wagon on you wasn't?
I'm just salty that I made the one fakeclaim that couldn't be immediately countered and got gambit-countered anyway.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 54, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is my view on nihilism as well. Believing there is no cosmic purpose to anything doesn't exempt you from responsibility. Seeking to further only your own self because of this philosophy is raw hedonism. You should still look out for your peers, even if there's no external reason to do so. It's the same reason why I think whatever religion you choose to follow is inconsequential. The idea isn't to worship "the right God", it's to do good in your community. In fact, an atheist that does good things should probably be looked upon more favorably than any religious person who does equal good, as they have no confidence that there is a "heaven" waiting for them, and thus no external motivation to do good things.
See, I don't know about the last part (and I am an atheist so it would be flattering to me if it were true), because it seems to still fall back on this idea that doing good things is important primarily because of
what it says about the doer
rather than because of
the good that it does
, and I feel like this attitude leads to some unhealthy social dynamics. I regularly get into arguments with people saying things like "If So-and-So the Celebrity
really
wanted to help the poor, they'd donate anonymously instead of grandstanding about it," because I feel like they are focusing too much on how many Virtue Points to award the giver and not enough on how many Utility Points are created by allowing that person to grandstand a bit. I am very much in favor of letting people think they gain some personal reward, whether in this life or the next, by doing good things, if that means more people do more good things.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm sure this digression will be massively valuable in sorting my alignment in this game
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Looking forward to mod confirmation of whether scum have fears, but meanwhile I'm electing to take Dong's confusion about that as a towntell.

UNVOTE: Dongempire
VOTE: Sirius

If he plays like in our last game he's going to get wagoned anyway so let's just skip right to that part.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Umlaut »

@mod: I, not PookyTheMagicalBear, moved my vote from Dongempire to Sirius9121
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Umlaut »

Damn, can't get anything past Kerset, can I?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I want to find
something
to push on and make something happen in this game but there is honestly nothing at all that I can see.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 104, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so r u a bad guy or what
I'm not a bad guy but I'm not sure I'm a what either
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 141, Donempire wrote:
In post 136, Sirius9121 wrote:what is umlaut/Gamma?
Umlauts scum, idk about gamma but you found him to be scum so i think we win today
Why move your vote to someone else if I'm scum and there's a wagon on me?

Eye dee gee eye.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

UNVOTE: Sirius

Strong start there. I could go along with Gammawagon but I like him at L-2.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 180, Donempire wrote:I honestly have trouble believing you are pushing this wagon in good faith. Its either a reaction wagon or you're scum, and i also dont think you're this bad as scum.
This implies you think Gamma is town?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 223, Random Canadian wrote:I don't like Kerset's play so far. Sheeping the thinking on Gamma and then a post that seems to trying to appear town by not hammering to have people be active. Kerset comments on the usefulness of Sirius's posts, when most of their's haven't been all that useful either.
VOTE: Kerset
Baaa.

VOTE: Kerset

My recollection of Gamma says that if he's immediately suspect, he's usually town. Not sure how well that meta holds up a few years later but it makes me hesitate there.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 217, Sirius9121 wrote:FYI ‘boop’ is declaring my presence so people who have questions directed at me can ask
I like this idea but it's also a good cover if scum to set up quickhammers in ExLo
Is there any way to insulate for that possibility?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Prodge. Day kind of got away from me, I'll pay attention to this again tomorrow.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 258, Lost wrote:i actually don't like uma's most recent vote, which iirc was a sheep. can you expand a little more about his meta is different thsi game?
What's wrong with sheeping? I thought RC made good points and Kerset's ISO shows a lower signal:noise ratio than I'm comfortable with.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 270, Donempire wrote:I'll expand.
Kerset is never scum.
Jokes aside, i dont think i can because its mostly a meta read for me. This just feels like kersets town game to me.
I know you just specifically wrote that you can't explain this read so I feel dumb immediately following up with "explain this read," but can you at least quote some things that make you say this is Kerset's town game?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 279, Donempire wrote:Umlaut, are you okay with lynching in my proposed 3?
I sort of lack strong townreads (you're probably the strongest I have) so I can't really object. Maybe not Gamma though, I think as pointed out that scum is unlikely to advance an argument that hinges on failing to understand there is daytalk. (Scum can feign misunderstanding the setup but ime tend to go "too far" when doing so, I can't quantify this but at any rate I'm not seeing it in Gamma's posts.) So Ari/Sirius I'd be fine with.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Umlaut »

Also putting out there that for lack of strong reads I am explicitly willing to go along with the consensus of whatever fearkill firing squad we assemble
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Gamma town?

I think Gamma town.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'm going to sleep now, should be back in time for deadline but in the meantime I'm comfortable with my Kerset vote rn.

I think the objections to the SWORD OF DESTINY plan are pretty cogent and prefer just mass targeting the runner-up wagon unless there is some obvious reason the first flip makes it a bad idea.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm here
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 346, Donempire wrote:Also, if we lynch sirius we all target gamma. I would like the kerset wagon to also give a fear target in case a lolhammer arrives so we arent thrown off by it. I guess rc would recommend sirius but i'd like to hear umlaut and aristo as well
I'd actually prefer Ari over Sirius, tbh, I feel like Sirius has done
some
towntelling whereas Ari hasn't really done any. But wouldn't really lose sleep over either.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

Not especially. If Sirius wagon keeps growing I'll vote Ari as an alternative to that, but I like where I am now.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Here's my obvious "everyone already knew that, you idiot" statement for the evening:

Kerset was an actual wagon yesterday, if not one that was ever likely to hit majority, so we should probably go back and look at how people positioned themselves with regard to it.

I'll probably go ahead and do that myself at some point. Not likely to happen tonight though.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 474, Jingle wrote:
In post 472, Donempire wrote:@Jingle who wins if everyone dies at the same night?
If literally every player dies simultaneously, both win conditions are achieved. Mafia achieves parity and town eliminates all mafia.
If we knew this on day 1 we could have just all agreed to fearkill one another for the mutual win.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Yesterday's vote records, for our convenience.

Umlaut:

Aristophanes:

Lost:

Sirius9121
:

Gamma Emerald:

Kerset
:

Random Canadian:

PookyTheMagicalBear
:

Dongempire:

Kerset and Canadian cross-voting is something worth looking at closer, to decide whether it's SvS or SvT. On inspection, Canadian's vote on Kerset doesn't look at all like distancing to me:
In post 223, Random Canadian wrote:I don't like Kerset's play so far. Sheeping the thinking on Gamma and then a post that seems to trying to appear town by not hammering to have people be active. Kerset comments on the usefulness of Sirius's posts, when most of their's haven't been all that useful either.
I just don't believe scum!Canadian sees something his partner is doing specifically for the sake of picking up town cred, and pops in to say "yeah that's some LAMIST garbage all right" as opposed to either trying to award said town cred or (more likely) ignoring it. Willing to call him town for this. I already thought he was fairly town anyway though.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Super delayed response:
In post 154, Donempire wrote:Of course, in reality, i also fear nothing (except ما اللعنة هل مجرد سخيف القول عن لي، وكنت قليلا الكلبة؟ سآخذ كنت أعرف أنني تخرجت أعلى صفي في قوات البحرية، ولقد شاركت في العديد من الغارات السرية على قناة ، ولدي أكثر من يقتل المؤكدة. انا تدربت في حرب الغوريلال) but i had to make something up so jingle wouldnt be mad
I ran it through Google Translate and lol'd.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Umlaut »

*crickets*
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 311, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 276, Donempire wrote:Just modkill scum pls
In post 277, Jingle wrote:
Prodding Kerset.
:shifty:
Okay, Gamma is town
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

Pretty sure scum is in {Aristophanes, Lost} by PoE: it's not me, it's not Gamma, it's not Canadian, I highly doubt it's Dong given how proactive and just regular-active they were yesterday (unless someone has a strong argument that this is in Dong's scumrange)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I've had a few games with Dong but I think it's always been town, so I don't know its scum range. I could probably afford to reread the posts themselves more closely but I seem to recall thinking they Dong was pretty towny d1 anyway, and I think it was more
overtly
trying to pilot the game ("are we all okay voting within my list of three?") than I normally expect from scum.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 476, Umlaut wrote:
In post 474, Jingle wrote:
In post 472, Donempire wrote:@Jingle who wins if everyone dies at the same night?
If literally every player dies simultaneously, both win conditions are achieved. Mafia achieves parity and town eliminates all mafia.
If we knew this on day 1 we could have just all agreed to fearkill one another for the mutual win.
Actually, it may still be possible to arrange this?

Question for everyone:

(True/False) "I believe a mutual win is just as good as a win for my team only."

My answer is
True

If everyone says True to this then it is likely possible, with unanimous cooperation, to force a mutual win.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Lost

just to get something going.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 504, Donempire wrote:is there anyone here who thinks i can be scum?
I don't really think you
are
scum but I have to admit I don't consider you cleared the way I consider Gamma and Canadian cleared.

When you say massclaim do you mean roles only, or our fears as well? I'm more concerned about the latter since it likely gives scum an extra kill, and would prefer to only get fear claims from the two people we plan to yeet (I say these should be Lost and Aristo, but if town consensus is on another pair then so be it).
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm Losing Their Mind, which I assume is the same thing as Losing My Mind (Pooky's fear)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, that's almost certainly a copy-paste oversight of some kind.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'd say I don't understand the advantage of revealing this (because I don't) but it's not like I can stop you from fearkilling me anyway, so whatever. I fear brain damage.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Umlaut »

We don't know who can and can't still be fearkilled as of now, do we? (Well, except that we know I can)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Umlaut »

But yeah, I can't see past Lost for today either.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Lost's response to being the wagon honestly reads pretty town to me :/

UNVOTE: Lost

I feel like we've all been so caught up in trying to optimize mechanics that we forgot to actually play Mafia today. Would like to spend at least some time on that before ending the day.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 580, Random Canadian wrote:Umlaut, is Ari still your other top scum read, or have you changed your mind on that front?
Yes, but as I said, it's pretty much all PoE. I haven't seen anything from Ari that I found especially scummy, I just think there's good reason to believe Dong and Gamma and you are all town.

If it's not Lost or Ari then it's Dong, though.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 593, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also Umlaut didn't claim his exact fear, just that he can be fearkilled
I did though, Dong asked if I was afraid of brain damage and I said yes.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Umlaut »

I think in the event of Dong scum, the fact that it's already said "let's agree town doesn't fearkill tonight" pretty well ties its hands against fearkilling me, which would be good news if Dong weren't about to be .

Let's wait for replacement and see what that person's philosophy is with regard to fearkilling tonight.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

Okay, I finally thought through the mechanics (after saying "let's talk about something other than mechanics," oh well).

The important thing is that by agreeing that town won't fearkill tonight, we can stop the Mafia from using their fearkill as well. Which means, in the worst case, tomorrow is 3:1 and even if we miss again we have a last chance where maybe we can fearkill the last scum at night (and if we're lucky they don't succeed in fearkilling back). My understanding is that the Mafia win when they reach parity, but 2:1 is not parity so even if we miss tomorrow a night will still happen for this to play out.

I think this is probably the optimal plan. That said, if I'm alive tomorrow I may even want to yeet Dong first instead of Ari (or whoever) since we know Dong can fearkill. But I realize everyone else can't see my shining aura of towniness so I'm not sure how to push that.

I really shouldn't have answered that question.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 619, Lost wrote:
In post 616, Umlaut wrote:My understanding is that the Mafia win when they reach parity, but 2:1 is not parity so even if we miss tomorrow a night will still happen for this to play out.
what if by the time you hit the 2:1 the last scum cant even be fearkilled?
Then we lose.

What if Dong('s slot) is scum like you seem to think it is, town firing squad hits the wrong target tonight, and scum fearkills me?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 618, Aristophanes wrote:I have not read yet but intent for deadline
Please don't hammer until we get a replacement.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 625, Lost wrote:
In post 621, Umlaut wrote:Then we lose.

What if Dong('s slot) is scum like you seem to think it is, town firing squad hits the wrong target tonight, and scum fearkills me?
lynch dong then ezpz
Can't do that if we've already lost (we'd be at 1:1 then)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 635, Gamma Emerald wrote:621 just feels needlessly paranoid. Scum tend to argue possibility over probability, and that suggestion is 100% arguing possibility.
was a rhetorical response to Lost's .
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 642, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why is Dong called out, over Ari?
Because... Ari can't fearkill me tonight?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 646, Random Canadian wrote:Lost, who did you fear target last night as well? I'd also be interested in hearing Dong's slot's answer to this but not sure we will be able to get that.
In other games I've replaced into where I got a PR, I was told what my predecessor had done.

@mod: Will JailKeeperGreen be informed whom if anyone Dongempire targeted last night?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #54) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, that's fair. I'd like to give PJ a chance to give his thoughts on the game up to now before ending the day, but if we run out of time we run out of time.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

I want PJ to actually say he agrees with the plan not to fearkill tonight, at least.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 670, Random Canadian wrote:I feel kind of bad leaving Lost in this limbo-type situation where he's been the main target all day.
I'm lowkey thinking of switching over to PJ because I hate his intro (if you can even call it that) so much.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 664, Jingle wrote:Deadline is 6:00 PM CST on Monday the 12th, or roughly 33 hours.
At the time this was posted, 6:00 PM CST on Monday the 12th was roughly 57 hours, not 33. It would have been 33 hours if it said Sunday the 11th, which is today.

I'm not sure which one Jingle intended, but depending on his intention we may have as few as 6 hours left.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Umlaut »

I absolutely hate everything PJ has posted since subbing in and it has pretty much erased my townread on the slot.

I'll vote Lost off if necessary but I'm going to at least give this a shot first.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Umlaut »

ugh, I mean

VOTE: PlusJOYED
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

That's quite the endorsement!
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Umlaut »

Who's around rn?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

Any thoughts on... anything in the game, at all?

Do you agree with the plan not to fearkill tonight?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

Just putting out there that I can be available as close as half an hour before deadline and will not let a no-elim happen if it is within my power to prevent.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

Hmm. Assuming we miselim today (because if we elim correctly then all this is moot):

If we fearkill the last Insidious Fear tonight, we just win, regardless of what they do, right?

And if we
don't
fearkill the last Insidious Fear tonight (whether because we miss or because we only hit Benign Fears), we just lose, provided they submit a kill at all.

So yeah, there's no additional risk to improving everyone's aim by claiming fears.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Jingle said "both win conditions would be met" in that situation which I was interpreting as a mutual win rather than a draw, which is why I'm saying "we would win no matter what" in that case.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

Actually... Lost is the only one who can fearkill.

The three unaccounted-for fears are Other People's Expectations of Me, Dying Alone, and Success. And the players with these roles are respectively Kerset (deceased), Pooky (deceased), and Lost.

PlayerRoleFear
Sirius9121
Global WarmingGreat Wall of China
Kerset
Other People's Expectations of MeContact with a Cluster of Larvae
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dying AloneLosing [Their] Mind
PlusJOYED
Brain Damage[Long Words]
RandomCanadian
Contact with a Cluster of LarvaeGlobal Warming
UmlautLosing Their MindBrain Damage
AristophanesLong Words?
LostSuccess?
Gamma EmeraldGreat Wall of China?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

So, new assessment.

If we miselim today, we lose unless
  • we eliminated someone other than Lost,
    and

• Lost is benign,
    and

• Lost correctly targets the remaining Insidious Fear,
    and

• the remaining Insidious Fear actually is afraid of him.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (isolation #68) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, that pretty much completes the table without the need for anyone else to claim, as Gamma pointed out. Lost can fearkill Ari, but afaic we're eliminating one of those two today anyway so there's no good way for town to harness that ability.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

D1 vote history, more fully colored in:

Umlaut:
Dongempire
() →
Sirius9121
() → ∅ () →
Kerset
()
Aristophanes:
Kerset
()
Lost:
Kerset
() →
Sirius9121
() →
Dongempire
() → ∅ () →
Sirius9121
()
Gamma Emerald:
Sirius9121
() →
Dongempire
() → ∅ ()
Sirius9121
:
Gamma Emerald () → Lost () → Gamma Emerald ()
Random Canadian
:
Gamma Emerald () →
Kerset
() →
Sirius9121
()
PookyTheMagicalBear
:
Dongempire
() → Umlaut () → Gamma Emerald () →
Random Canadian
() → Lost () →
Sirius9121
()
Dongempire
:
Aristophanes () →
Random Canadian
() → Umlaut () → Gamma Emerald () → Aristophanes () →
Sirius9121
()
Kerset
:
Umlaut () →
Random Canadian
() → Aristophanes () →
Sirius9121
()

Not sure if there's anything to glean from this but I spent the time formatting it so I'm going to post it anyway.

Need to look closer at Kerset's stances toward Lost and Ari, and
vice versa
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #70) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Umlaut »

Honestly I don't see any reason I'm cleared from your POV.

But I'm cleared from my POV!
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

I mean, I can point out that I continued to stay on the Kerset wagon d1 and resisted invitations to move my vote when I was being told to choose between Sirius and Ari (and incidentally, though no one ever asked, I also targeted Kerset n1), if that means anything to you.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #72) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Umlaut »

These posts from Kerset re. Ari are interesting:
In post 351, Kerset wrote:
In post 346, Donempire wrote:Way things are looking its a lynch between sirius or you. I still think you're town, so can you join us on the wagon?
both you and lost said that you are fine with ari as well
Here Kerset (who is insidious) is being told they ought to move their vote to Sirius (who is benign) and is instead trying to argue the two currently voting Sirius into moving to Ari. That's a pretty wild, risky play if Ari and Kerset were buddies. Busing is a thing but I don't envision Kerset being quite so eager to make
absolutely sure
one of their own is taken out on Day 1.
In post 432, Kerset wrote:
In post 423, Aristophanes wrote:I was wondering why you and sirius weren't crossvoting.

Did you townread them, Kerset?
I don't think crossvoting is necessary unless life or death situations
he is kind of a miller and last time i voted him out for it, so it will suck if it happens again
Ari here also questioning why Kerset isn't voting Sirius. Actually this is harder to analyze because this still seems like an answer Kerset could give if this were a scum-scum interaction, but the fact that they're voting one another means I would almost expect to see more
theater
to their theater if that's what it was? Instead of just seemingly calm interactions like this.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Umlaut »

Hey it would be really cool if anyone else were trying to solve this with me.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (isolation #74) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

That's a long sec
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (isolation #75) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, agreed on that.

Didn't expect Lost to so readily accept a case for Ari being town, given I've been pretty clear I don't consider Gamma a suspect and Gamma was saying he's more interested in looking at the two of them first. Lost, who do
you
think is the scum?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #76) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

Lost is growing on me, but I wonder how much of that is just him saying I'm town :/
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (isolation #77) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Umlaut »

This game is hard!
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #78) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

Anyway if we think it's Ari we don't vote Ari, we vote me or Gamma and let Lost do the fearkill if it's wrong.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #79) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

@mod there are 4 alive, not 6
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (isolation #80) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Umlaut »

Okay, going to just reread everything right now and try to convince myself to vote someone.

If you'd asked me yesterday I would have said I was definitely voting Lost but I'm increasingly feeling like maybe it's Gamma after all. I really don't recall why I was so sure he was town.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #81) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

Since this day started:
  • I have
    posts on the site, of which
    17 (60.7%)
    are in this thread
  • Lost has
    6 (42.9%)
    are in this thread
  • Aristophanes has
    9 (20.4%)
    are in this thread
  • Gamma Emerald has
    8 (2.1%)
    are in this thread
Unless Gamma is playing in 30+ games at once this is a pretty radical discrepancy. Moreover it's one that didn't just start today (when it would be easy to forgive someone for being inactive in a dead game).

Gamma has 53 posts in this game, which is fewer posts than Jingle and by a solid margin the fewest of any living player. And, looking at those posts, I don't see a single one that contains more than a couple of sentences, or any serious analysis or sign of effort. (Gamma, if you disagree feel free to point me to a post that you think shows either of those.)

In that time, Gamma has made
posts on the site.

Gamma, can you talk a bit about what is making it so hard for you to contribute to this game, despite your hyperactivity on the site as a whole?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (isolation #82) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 758, Aristophanes wrote:Honestly, 356 makes me strongly consider Umlaut as scum here...
I assume you mean 756?

What do you see as the scum motivation there, compared to just going "yup it must be Lost" which is what I originally assumed we would all be doing today?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #83) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 759, Gamma Emerald wrote:It seems we’ve all been coming around to that conclusion
I really dislike this post, who is "we all" here? You and Ari?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Umlaut »

You mean in where he says he's flipflopping between Gamma or Ari but doesn't think it's me? Or in where he further backs up why he doesn't think it's me?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Umlaut »

Less than 24 hours left.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'll feel really dumb if it's Lost because we could have gotten him yesterday, but this is honestly what I think hits scum now. Sorry if I'm wrong.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

Wait, why wouldn't you fearkill Ari if we miselim today? There's no reason not to, if Ari is innocent it just means we lose regardless.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 756, Umlaut wrote:And, looking at those posts, I don't see a single one that contains more than a couple of sentences, or any serious analysis or sign of effort. (Gamma, if you disagree feel free to point me to a post that you think shows either of those.)
This offer still stands.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

Okay, let me try asking the question another way if you don't like that one. What do you think is your best post of the game (prior to my )?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #89) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Umlaut »

That's not terrible but it doesn't exactly prevent you from going along with an Ari wagon either, it's just rejecting that one reason but not saying he's town or anything like that.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Umlaut »

~12hrs left
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (isolation #91) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 776, Umlaut wrote:That's not terrible but it doesn't exactly prevent you from going along with an Ari wagon either, it's just rejecting that one reason but not saying he's town or anything like that.
What I mean by this is: I don't think a post like that is out of scumrange because it doesn't really tie you down. It's not as if saying "I don't scumread Ari right now" is something that hurts you if you're scum.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #92) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

Looks like we're not getting an elim unless everyone gets really motivated really quickly.

If it's Lost after all can we just end the game please?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #93) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Umlaut »

Tell me why Gamma is town, quickly, because if you're right then we have to vote up Lost like right this second.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #94) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Umlaut »

So do you think it's me then? And if so why not vote me?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #95) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Umlaut »

My paranoia is telling me "if Ari is scum he knows he can win by pushing me after a no-elim today" but I think in that case you'd still prefer to eliminate Lost first, so probably that really is just paranoia.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (isolation #96) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

which... would also be true of Gamma, actually
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #97) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Lost
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (isolation #98) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

If it is Lost we just lose but at least I get the satisfaction of having gone down voting him.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (isolation #99) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

If the game isn't called let's all please request a fast night.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (isolation #100) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

Well, that makes it easy.

VOTE: Gamma

I assumed you would kill Lost, actually. Maybe you can explain when the game's over why you didn't.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #101) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Umlaut »

Since you're not flash-voting me you probably just failed to understand that Lost is cleared by virtue of the game not being over.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (isolation #102) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Umlaut »

If Lost is scum, he fearkills Ari and factional-kills you or me and thereby wins the game.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #103) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

And not realizing that isn't what makes you scum, it's just the only reason I can think of that Lost would still be alive today.

You're scum because someone is, and I'm not, and Lost isn't.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #104) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

:(

Whatever is going on, I hope you come out the other side of it more or less intact.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #105) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

Lost, I'll be around on and off today if there's anything you want to ask me.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (isolation #106) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Umlaut »

Hmm. You know, I don't know if I would.

I think I probably would have just killed you and taken my chances since Ari's "what timing!" seemed to contain some suspicion of Gamma, but I can see how killing Ari might hypothetically make sense too.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (isolation #107) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 829, Jingle wrote:on October 29st
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (isolation #108) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 833, Lost wrote:nope, I'm terrible at this game and have just been reading isos while cycling thru stages of paranoia
Sounds like you're feeling a bit... lost

ba-dum ching
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (isolation #109) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

It turns out my real nightmare is very slow games
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (isolation #110) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

:D
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (isolation #111) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Umlaut »

That was honestly a pretty lucky win in the end.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (isolation #112) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

Well, that was lucky for me!
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”