Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Umlaut »

In Which Umlaut Finally Efforts And Tries to Make a Real Case on Someone

So the intersection of the Day 1 and Day 2 elimination wagons was {
Nero Cain
, muh316, Gamma Emerald, Umlaut, Albert B. Rampage}. These were both pretty 'safe' wagons, and if I were scum I would likely be on one or both of them (which in fact I was, but... I'm not scum) just because they stood out as so guilty-looking that I'd be afraid it was more suspicious
not
to vote them. As such I think there's a pretty good chance of finding scum in this pool.

FMPOV this means looking at {muh316, Gamma Emerald, Albert B. Rampage}. Of these I'm most interested in muh, because he's been on my "maybe this guy is scum?" radar from the beginning and I think I've overlooked him in favor of more interesting targets. (Also he doesn't have six zillion posts so I can ISO him without going crazy)

Spoiler: A whole lot of quoted muh posts with commentary
In post 30, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Guillotina

Looks like a new player pretending to be experienced
This post just didn't make any sense to me at the time and still doesn't;
even if this is true, why is it a reason to vote someone?

In post 164, muh316 wrote:
In post 122, Nero Cain wrote:Nero 3:16 says I just eliminated your ass!

VOTE: muh316
VOTE: Nero I thought we were out of RVS
Explicitly OMGUS, which is not terrible in itself but seems to be replacing a somewhat serious vote on Guil.
In post 185, muh316 wrote:
In post 179, innocentvillager wrote:muh, comments on guillotina? Seems like you were sussing them earlier
I was suspicious of him because his behavior seems very scripted to me. But the claim seems believable enough that there's no reason to further pursue.
I really dislike this turnaround. Guil had already made the claim when muh voted him in the first place, but crucially at that time IV was kind of grilling Guil about it and others were giving the claim some sideeye as well. By the time IV posted it was clear he
wasn't
really suspicious of Guil and no one else really was either, and suddenly muh has bigger fish to fry and "there's no reason to further pursue"? Seems like he thought Guil was an easy push and then redirected when it turned out he had misread the room.

Moreover this scans more as muh narrating his read progression than talking about Guillotina, which was what he was invited to do and should be more interested in doing.
In post 213, muh316 wrote:
In post 187, Nero Cain wrote:so basically you are admitting to what I am accusing you of-not paying attention to the game.
The way I read a game is I skim over the unread posts and first respond to things related directly to me. Then I try to re-read later on when my brain is ready to process the other things going on.
In post 228, muh316 wrote:
In post 218, Guillotina wrote:I'm super dramatic and I got a big ass ego. How is that alignment indicative?
Given it's D1, we need something to get the game going which is why I pushed you a bit on it.
Both more self-explanation.
In post 229, muh316 wrote:
In post 223, Tayl0r Swift wrote:even when muh is active in the thread i still dont realize muh is posting. maybe the avatar makes the posts invisible (speaking of gamma i miss the old one).
VOTE: muh
What amazing contributions have you given to the game?
Tu quoque

In post 242, muh316 wrote:
In post 239, Guillotina wrote:
In post 228, muh316 wrote:
[snip]
Pushing for something that is NAI is how you usually get the game going? Or just in this game?
I play with multiple year long breaks so I can't really speak on my meta. But coupled with the role claim and the flavor text, you seemed like a good target to generate conversation.
This is completely dodging the point of whether muh believes Guil's content was NAI or not. Even "yes, it's NAI, that's why I moved on" would at least be addressing the point, but muh seems to not want to be pinned down to that interpretation.
In post 396, muh316 wrote:
In post 378, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 376, muh316 wrote:Except nobody's forgot about me and I'm the top wagon at the moment.
why is it exactly that you are still doing nothing in this game?
There's nothing for me to do yet
In post 776, muh316 wrote:
In post 718, NorwegianboyEE wrote:ABR please. There had been a lot of content up to that point. Saying there's nothing to do is just an excuse both town or scum make because they are lazy.
There's literally nothing notable except my wagon and Guillotinas flavor text. There's the glitch wagon but Glitch hasn't posted since that wagon formed on him.
In post 779, muh316 wrote:Also, if there was something notable going on we would have had a lot more than a wagon on me and glitch. The past few pages all seem like fluff to me.
Excuses for not contributing. Town can be uninterested too so this is a weak point but it's not nothing.
In post 807, muh316 wrote:
In post 805, Non lmh wrote:not for alignment, read order
am biased in favor of activity tho
guil is town for me, iv too
By that criteria you're most likely to be scum then
This post doesn't seem like much, but I'm looking at it now and it screams scum to me. "By your reasoning, you're scum!" is just the sort of
gotcha
remark that no one actually posts as part of a good faith scumhunting effort but only because they want to make a show of engaging people's arguments.
In post 809, muh316 wrote:
In post 801, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you think we’re wrong to push you, why do you think it’s happening?
I don't think it's wrong to push me. Go for it. I just know there's scum on the wagon since my playstyle makes me a great candidate for LHF.
Town think (know!) it's wrong to push them, because they're town.
In post 1203, muh316 wrote:Lol I thought y'all had killed me without asking for a claim. Glad to be alive.

VOTE: Pretentious
This was the seventh vote onto Pretentious, after his fake-quickhammer of muh. That's... a fairly sound reason for a vote, of course. But it's impossible to get a sense of what muh really thought of Pretentious since he didn't say a single word about him for the rest of the day:
In post 1716, muh316 wrote:How tf do we have 20 pages in a span of a few hours. Anybody got a tl;dr?
In post 1739, muh316 wrote:So turns out Guillotina is not the only annoying player in the game. I skimmed a couple of pages, looks like a bunch of shitposting to me.
In post 1742, muh316 wrote:
In post 1741, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1739, muh316 wrote:So turns out Guillotina is not the only annoying player in the game. I skimmed a couple of pages, looks like a bunch of shitposting to me.
LOL the irony in this post
At least I don't try to come off as the God of Mafia.
I have to agree with Guil about the irony.

In post 2519, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Guillotina

Not buying the claim.
This is literally muh's entire ISO for Day 2. He didn't buy the claim. Fair enough, the claim was false so not buying it is correct. But he had nothing to say about it until I had already debunked the claim and a wagon had started forming on Guil as a result.

In post 2705, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Non lmh
This slot has been avoiding the conversation for a long time and has managed to dodge replacement.
And this is muh's vote today. Others have already pointed out Non lmh is an easy target. I don't think that in itself makes muh scum (I have made something of a habit of saying "maybe the easy target is an easy target because they're just scum!") but it sure doesn't make him town either.
In post 2712, muh316 wrote:
In post 2710, May wrote:don't know about that muh guy but i have a person pushing someone who is dead null after 109 pages
i will vote for that person
VOTE: muh
So one inactive person defending another inactive person. Nice.
And this is muh's response to being criticized/voted for the easy lurker push. Which is just dismissal and not engagement (and incidentally is a missed opportunity to drag inactive-May into the game by asking if she actually thinks Non's play is acceptable or what?).

Tl;dr: Muh's day 1 play was terrible and scummy, and his day 2 and 3 play have been nonexistent. We should go back to this.

VOTE: muh316
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 am

Post by innocentvillager »

that is not a bad case at all and i would consider returning there

but again i am hesitant to move the gamestate forward more at this point for reasons stated so i will keep this in the back of my mind
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

Non lmh did not pick up the prod and will be replaced.
Also prodding muh316 and May. As this is May's third prod I will begin seeking a replacement, unless she returns before I find one.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Insanoflex »

Lol goddammit.

I'm still recalibrating my reads list, but this does feel like a game where active town have been tearing themselves apart while scum just lurk it out and do nothing. Question is just which lurkers are scum.
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Insanoflex »

I was expecting the non lmh replacement but May too is really annoying.
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Insanoflex »

I will say on reassessment I agree muh's a better vote than non, as I perceive actual scummy behavior from them vs non simply just...not existing
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

Vaxkiller replaces Non lmh!
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Insanoflex »

I guess my big issue is: Why Non Imh over basically any other low content slot? I don't really like how this seems to be moving unanimously in one direction. I don't have a good feel for where people's heads are at. I went back and recalibrated my reads based on the Nero flip, here's where I'm at right now:

Town

Gamma Emerald: Just sort of obvtown. I thought and were fairly decent analysis, annoyance at JV in felt legitimate. Steady flow of contribution in a game that's not really demanding a lot from most people. Really strong emotional reaction to the nonsense from Pretentious at the end of day 1 as well that I don't think comes from him as scum. It felt like even if he was wrong there, his conviction was strong, his anger righteous. is also a good point about DGB.

Umlaut: I feel like as scum he wouldn't bother calling out Guillotina's claim like he did in , he'd just go along with the claimed redcheck knowing it's fake, then the vote the fakeclaim the day after. I don't think scum are nearly as likely start a wagon a claim they know is fake. I liked his early analysis although he's faded somewhat, may be a game pace issue.

Albert B Rampage: Bold, unafraid to take controversial stances even if I don't often agree with him. Wasn't afraid to get into a fight with norwegianboy at the end of day 1 despite him generally being townread. The way he brushed off Nero's reads as being static and confirmation biased also shows he's analyzing people's whole trajectory in their reads. The admission of reaction testing in is a layered play I don't see scum bothering with. Call to give attention outside the active players in is a good one.

innocentvillager: the way he pried at guillotina's claim early to try to see if it was legitimate was good and felt a townie sort of inquisitiveness. Refuses to take the easy votes. I think his suspect pool in isn't bad and is decent close to my own reads. felt like a genuine reaction to the fake redcheck. Wishing he'd follow up on though, need to see where he goes with that line of questioning.

Not Sure

NoPowerOverMe: ISO is like 90% filler and generic, non-controversial statements. There's occasional glimmers of something like and where he shows some semblance of scumhunting, but it's not often enough or frequent enough for me to townread him (I also think the read there is pretty bad, but in a game like this I'm going to give credit for some effort rather than none at all).

Non lmh: Too little content to go off. could go either way here.

May: Hasn't said a lot but at least appears to be nominally trying to contribute, has a fair number of stances that seems to be assembling a portrait of the overall game rather than just putting out noise, isn't just going with the flow on the non lmh vote. Not
overtly
scummy, anyhow. Not sure why no followup on her scumread of my slot though, shouldn't have gone away just because I replaced in.

DrippingGoofball: Somewhat lost and apathetic, came out the gates today strong but kind of seemed to be trying to spin a narrative around how people reacted to what was a very strange, confusing day? The flip on calling iv town after saying his iso was "not re-assuring" just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense trajectorywise, and she did similar with guillotina earlier in the game even if she just claimed it was an honest mistake. I
could
see this as a townie whose head isn't in the game

Scum

TheGoldenParadox: Intro to today feels fake, very under the radar, and from what I've seen, in other games they're more than capable of scumhunting as town, so the lack of...anything is very notable here. Is also very clearly avoiding posting in this game.

muh316: Low on relevant content, high on filler and complaining. Claimed he was pushing Guillotina "to get the game going", only to later say "there's nothing for me to do". is overly self-aware for my liking. Has only popped in to vote on the major wagons, similar to TheDuke.

Glitch: Really don't like how he claimed to be scumreading Nero but voted Guillotina instead since the momentum was all on that wagon. Made a lot of excuses for not playing day 1, activity has picked up but the stuff he's saying really doesn't make any sense at all.

TheDuke/Starbuck: The read flip on guillotina is incredibly suspect, called him town early but then voted him when people started expressing suspicion of the claim, very go with the flow play, only sheeped onto major wagons, extremely low content but has gotten basically no attention for it. I empathize with Starbuck that the game is a lot to catch up on so I'm willing to give her a few more days, since it's taken me almost...a week? to get into this game, but I really need to see
something
here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

UNVOTE:
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 2778, Insanoflex wrote:I'm still recalibrating my reads list,
but this does feel like a game where active town have been tearing themselves apart while scum just lurk it out and do nothing.
thanks for the readslist.

can you elaborate on how you get to the above conclusion?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:24 am

In post 2782, Insanoflex wrote:Why Non Imh over basically any other low content slot?
He's the worst offender imo. Let's see what Vaxkiller has to bring to the slot.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2784, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2778, Insanoflex wrote:I'm still recalibrating my reads list,
but this does feel like a game where active town have been tearing themselves apart while scum just lurk it out and do nothing.
thanks for the readslist.

can you elaborate on how you get to the above conclusion?
None of the most active players feel particularly scummy. They seem to have been trying to put things together. That leads me to suspect those who haven't said anything worthy of being townread.
In post 2785, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2782, Insanoflex wrote:Why Non Imh over basically any other low content slot?
He's the worst offender imo. Let's see what Vaxkiller has to bring to the slot.
Worst offender by volume, not by content. Non's functionally a nonentity (no pun intended) which isn't as bad as the people who are hopping in to pile on whatever wagon happens to be going at the time.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

All caught up!
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Not really....

Yes, expect more content from me, but do not expect me to read through all this slog fest, I'll try skimming through and finding the meat. Bring stuff to my attention nd Ill tell you if its scummy or not.

TBH im disappointed, I thought this was going to be a doomed scum slot that I could wriggle and fight my way out of. Now I actually have to do work instead.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

unwnd replaces May!
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:18 am

Post by unwnd »

Hi

This may be inconvenient, but could I get a short notice of where people are at right now? I promise I will make it worth your while
Stop
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2788, Vaxkiller wrote:Not really....

Yes, expect more content from me, but do not expect me to read through all this slog fest, I'll try skimming through and finding the meat. Bring stuff to my attention nd Ill tell you if its scummy or not.

TBH im disappointed, I thought this was going to be a doomed scum slot that I could wriggle and fight my way out of. Now I actually have to do work instead.
you can probably read D1 normally with the caveat you skip everything past the failed quickhammer on muh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 am

Post by unwnd »

OK I have checked the OP

You guys have a lot of green stacked up. I don't know where Non Imh makes sense because I think his posts are not outstanding. Not in a scummy way either, just like uneventful. I think in a situation where you keep missing, it's best to look in the crowd who are helming the lynches. This means nothing until I read a few things
Stop
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am

In post 2677, Insanoflex wrote:
In post 2676, Starbuck wrote:Checking in. I have a work event this afternoon and into tonight and all day tomorrow. So I'll be able to do some reading come Sunday.

Anyone want to give me some cliffs notes?
muh got wagoned day 1, then Pretentous came in and tried a way-too early quickhammer and everyone jumped on him for that. On day 2 Guillotina came out and claimed a red check on Nero Cain, his claim was sketchy as hell so people voted him for it, he flipped town, then for some reason mafia shot the VT the claimed guilty was on. So basically it's been a series of gamethrows so far.
This is a decent summary of what's happened.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:25 am

In post 2792, unwnd wrote:it's best to look in the crowd who are helming the lynches.
They're dead.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 2794, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2792, unwnd wrote:it's best to look in the crowd who are helming the lynches.
They're dead.
Your disposition makes more sense to me now then

Assume the consensus is just trying to shoot blanks at lurker/unknown slots now?
Stop
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am

What disposition?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:31 am

Post by unwnd »

Where the wagon is at right now, shooting into blanks/lurker slots
Stop
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2788, Vaxkiller wrote:Not really....

Okay, I don't like this opening, though.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am

In post 2797, unwnd wrote:Where the wagon is at right now, shooting into blanks/lurker slots
It's POE. Less likely that players who were following the game closely would have shot Nero. Umlaut has a good theory about it though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”