ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 697, clidd wrote:Welcome Ben, it's good to see you again.

I'm looking forward to your reads.
Hey, glad to see a familiar face!

Rereading soon. I have to figure out this setup for myself.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.8

Titus
(5): Klyne, MURDERCAT, clidd, VP Baltar, The Bulge
Klyne
(5): Titus, Taly, DeasVail, Datisi, iamausername
VP Baltar
(1): galaxii
Taly
(1): PlusJOYED

Not Voting
(1): ben dover123

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to execute someone.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-12-12 02:59:00)

Notes:
  • Thank you again to all our replacements!
Last edited by Umlaut on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Hm. Can I have a summary of the gamestate rn? I'm currently trying to figure out the game mechanics. I don't know if I have enough time to read through all 29 pages and get my reads into shape with only 2 days left.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 689, VP Baltar wrote:Dats, you set on Klyne over Titus?
idk lol who knows. when y'all started talking how you didn't remember taly was in the game i thought "wait, there's more players than titus, baltar, klyne, and username?" that should tell you how well i'm doing.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Datisi »

tldr on game mechanics is there's a metric shitton of scum and we need to kill them
In post 702, ben dover123 wrote:Hm. Can I have a summary of the gamestate rn?
titus and klyne are top wagons and we're probably killing one of them today. whoever is voting for one wagon is being accused of being the other wagon's scumbuddy.

maybe iso those two? iunno.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 704, Datisi wrote:tldr on game mechanics is there's a metric shitton of scum and we need to kill them
In post 702, ben dover123 wrote:Hm. Can I have a summary of the gamestate rn?
titus and klyne are top wagons and we're probably killing one of them today. whoever is voting for one wagon is being accused of being the other wagon's scumbuddy.

maybe iso those two? iunno.
Yeah, I tried analyzing the setup with a tree diagram, that got screwed up pretty early. As I see it, Mafia and Werewolfs are basically a regular mafia seperated into 2 people: 1 makes a list of who to kill, the other commits the kill.
Alright, I'll look at both of these wagons and see what is going on for myself.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Datisi »

a... tree diagram? aight to each their own
~M
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Titus »

I'll respond to 580 tomorrow in more detail if needed tomorrow but I'll do a short reply now.

1) Baltar should have hesitation about following someone using methods that aren't likely to catch scum from his PoV. I'm using following meaning voting after, not sheeping.

2) Contradictions tell a lot about alignment. If he was town, I would expect some sort of reassessment after being shown the contradiction. Something like maybe I'm not ok with executing anyone. My bet is there's at least one partner in the don't execute list.

3) I believe this was covered but both wagons on me are mostly the same slots. I still feel both sets of scum are on my wagon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Datisi »

piping hot take: i was right on battle mage, galaxii is scum who's struggling to come up with content
~M
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 708, Datisi wrote:piping hot take: i was right on battle mage, galaxii is scum who's struggling to come up with content
I could see it
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

idk, this doesn't strike me as a situation where a scum replacement would need to concern themselves enormously with that tho. there's a deadline fast approaching and two wagons at E-2, they really just have to make a binary choice and worry about generating actual content tomorrow.

add another to the pile of "Taly is in this game?" posts. if you'd asked me before this recent conversation, i would have guessed he was one of the six thousand people being replaced in this game.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Klyne, galaxii and Taly are all people that I would def vote for over Titus at this stage. Maybe others too but it is hard to keep track of who's here and who's not
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:00 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Going to try to go a bit faster this time sorry.

Spoiler: Reread page 11-24
In post 269, clidd wrote:UNVOTE: Titus
In post 270, clidd wrote:MC, what do you think about Titus after her last set of posts?

I was rereading the game and started to detect small towny sparks from Titus, so I started to wonder if the static gamestate would say something AI about the wagon's position.
I should be looking at this more closely if Titus is actually scum. Clidd might be deciding the bus isn't necessary here as the wagon stalled a bit.
In post 295, Marashu wrote:I think I figured out what about Klick's posts has been bugginig me. Klick keeps drawing attention to how there's a large number of scum in this game, either directly or indirectly. (post directly but also implied in by how there's bound to be scum on the early wagon but also town on the early wagon, and in with a line of how there must be scum even if Klick thinks they are towny). This bothers me because it's shifting focus away from reading players.

Klick's townread of me I think comes out of nowhere - or rather, it seems to have shifted after more people have expressed townleans on me. I'd like to know what that thing I did was that changed your mind. And wait, why is Klyne in your townish section?

VOTE: Klick
It's sort of interesting how Mara is kinda always off doing his own thing, it's probably + town points, it doesn't feel like he is trying to drive attention away from other places at all, just giving genuine analysis.

is kinda the first real content from DV. It's a lot of shade without a ton of substance, I think I want to see more here. Like I think username is playing to town meta but I'm not sure if it deserves a town read, there were still only like 3 posts in the iso. Maybe I'm just biased because there is shade thrown my way too.
In post 381, iamausername wrote:
In post 380, MURDERCAT wrote: Who is your top TR?
it might still be Plus, it might be DeasVail. i'm pretty sold on both of them as town at this point.
There's these weird groups forming. Plus/DV/username, me/clidd/Klyne.

I like how clidd is interacting with me around here, fwiw.
In post 424, clidd wrote:VOTE: Titus
I think this in response to Klyne trying to get the game going again (which by the way is still ++ townie to me) basically made my fears evaporate in regards to clidd.
In post 437, The Bulge wrote:mcat i see your questions but tbh I barely remember anything about the titus wagon. gimme a bit
Bulge hasn't really done anything yet
In post 440, VP Baltar wrote:Halfway update:

Y'all realize Titus and Marashu are scum together, right? They both defended each other as town with like zero coherent reasoning at all in the very early pages of the game. I'd maybe even guess werewolves since I'd suspect that pair to be highly defense of each other if they have any hope of winning the game.

Klick and Klyne are my strongest townreads based on me vibing with the things they say. Klick early pages and in analysis of the Taly wagon, Klyne more pages 5-9 when he's busting up Marashu & Titus with zero fucks given.

clidd is probably clueless town based on early impressions.
VP is joining the Klyne/MC/clidd group that formed. Bulge too. I wonder if one of these are scum trying to get into a town block? VP is a bit more opportunistic in regards to his position relative to Titus but his posts also feel better.

Reading Datisi intro posts ( and beyond). I don't like the kinda "worried about TRing Titus but still gunna TR Titus for all her posts" thing that is happening. And then in the next post Titus is TSTBS?
In post 494, Taly wrote:Da'Vonne is amazing and you're officially top tier human for this hiiii <3
It is known.
In post 496, Datisi wrote:if anyone will even read it
I'm reading it!
In post 499, VP Baltar wrote:Oh snap. The business happened over night.

Sorry you drew scum though. Will catch up later today.
I feel like the game is going to come down to figuring out where the scum is in the two groups that I pointed out. Overall I like datisi's posting but I think I might be mega tunneling on Titus so that is coloring my perception of the slot. I don't get VP's confidence here :/
In post 527, Datisi wrote:VOTE: plusjoyed
This is big + town for me I think because Datisi scum probably votes for VP here if he is scum with Titus and that was basically my big worry about the slot.
In post 533, iamausername wrote:i'm realising now why i have felt no desire to join the Titus wagon despite not townreading her at all. i'm feeling some level of bad vibes from every one of these people.
I find such a range of reads on me to be really weird. It makes me think the SRs on me are fake but that's probably unfair :lol:

Titus arrives, I think this will be telling.
In post 554, Titus wrote:That static gamestate is because of scum not wanting to push opposing scum or do anything really. I am making moves and scumhunting, but still wagoned. There's no discussion elsewhere because half the game doesn't want it. There's no incentive to push elsewhere if a wagon that's not on their team develops. When both scum find it, why would they bother? Doubly so when I am not around to defend myself.
How can you say this when you were just V/LA...
I hardly consider Titus to have done much scum hunting so far, plus you can't really say that you are doing a lot but also that you take a while to get going.
In post 185, Titus wrote:@Clidd, I take off later.
DV comes in with . I'm kinda wary that scum DV saw the read on me was unsustainable and dropped it, but maybe I am just more town now. I do agree with the reads on both username and clidd.
In post 561, DeasVail wrote:Klyne just seems all hot air to me and little in the way of organic substance. It just all seems very rah rah whatever works and I’m looking forward to seeing how they respond to votes.
I really think klyne is town still.

Bulge is saying a lot of stuff but I want him to pick a side and give some reads.

I am mindmelding with clidd here I think.

Feeling something like this at the moment.

{taly, clidd, klyne}
{username, datisi}
{galaxii, ben, VP}
{bulge, plus, dv}
{titus}

Going to respond like normal from here as I'm almost back up to date.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Deadline galaxii speed-yeet?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: galaxii
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Datisi »

i am about to make

a REALLY BAD DECISION
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: galaxii

this is a very bad decision someone take away my posting privileges
~M
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:07 am

Post by ben dover123 »

God, I probably have to start speedreading. Deadline is approaching fast.

What is this about a galaxii wagon?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Datisi »

galaxii repped in like 2 days ago

didn't post any content

my tinfoil is that they're newbscum and don't know what to do

i hated their predecessor's posts

Y E E T
~M
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 630, PlusJOYED wrote:just feels like it
Lol Plus are you really scum here or are you purposefully trolling
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 636, DeasVail wrote:My concern is that in some ways it would be easier to have that kind of persona as that is what one is doing as scum essentially. Creating a persona
I think it's way harder to keep that stuff up as scum
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:21 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 646, Titus wrote:Mafia have no incentive to place themselves in the killable block.
What about wifom? We get the potential kills right? If we knew mafia were never putting themselves on wouldn't we just catch them?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 653, iamausername wrote:
In post 651, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 647, iamausername wrote:whether this post ends with a Titus vote
Wait a min....you think Titus and Klyne are both scum?
not together, obviously
I could see this if you replace Klyne with VP
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 655, iamausername wrote:yeah, it's hard to pin down exactly, but it feels to me like Murdercat is trying to stay out of trouble? like he's making the right moves to demonstrate that he is a contributing member of society, and i daresay he is making an earnest effort to hunt for scum, but i just get this vibe that he's avoiding controversy.
This is just because I've been gone I think, sorry
GTKAMURDERCAT

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

YEET YEET YEET.

LET'S GO.

The time for analysis is over. Make your final points and get on a wagon people. Not doing so is actively scummy.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”