Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 517, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like obviously I did it for the memes cuz Baltar was making fun of my team being iguanas
Did you come into the game planning to issue a challenge in the early pages regardless?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@UT - when you and Reck were scum in that Hidden Temples game, what was your strategy broadly and how did it play out in the game?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 513, lilith2013 wrote:I think I probably would’ve challenged noraa/vp
Why?

What are your thoughts on gamma?
YOUR AD HERE

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

the thing that worries me w/Noraa is I'm pretty sure all of the AtE you're calling out she would be doing regardless of alignment
@Starbuck
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 15 to 16
In post 354, Gamma Emerald wrote:@UT I'll just tell you to skim the interactions of me and noraa, it contributes literally nothing
Apparently, it's not nothing if it got you to vote for yourself.

Pooky makes a lot of sense with his .
In post 365, SirCakez wrote:I was joking earlier but Reck might actually be scum here
The more I think about it the more I dislike him complaining about non-existent spam, seems like an excuse for him to not play
As someone who is trying to catch up and wading through it now, it isn't non-existent and I don't like this brush off of Will here.

I mean, your next damn post is:
In post 366, SirCakez wrote:I skimmed most of the last five pages too much bullshit not enough scumhunting
So why are you calling Reck being scum when he isn't wrong?

Oh good, Baltar called you out in the moment in and your really does nothing for me. I don't think it's alignment indicative, but if you were in my shoes right now (falling further behind because more pages keep getting added), you'd get it.

In post 371, Noraa wrote:He isn't throwing around AtE unlike you two.
In post 374, Noraa wrote:
In post 372, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 371, Noraa wrote:He isn't throwing around AtE unlike you two.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FROM THE QUEEN OF ATE HERSELF
Have I thrown around AtE this game at all?
No. BECAUSE YOU EFFING MADE US MISS ALL OF RVS.
This is rich. Pot Kettle Black.
In post 383, Gamma Emerald wrote:Cherrypicking/lying by omission isn't exactly towny
+1
In post 394, Untrod Tripod wrote:Wild notion, but 46% of the posts this game are from noraa and gamma so how about the two of you chill out and let some other people talk instead of suffocating the game?
Seriously, FFS.

Oh VPB, this Gamma case in . You talk about Gamma speaking about you and Noraa hiding away in the PT, but what about Pooky who originally brought that subject to the table in the first place? If Gamma is scummy for it, is Pooky? Why vote Gamma and not Pooky?

I also think (at this point) that y'all are spending more time defending talking in the PT than actually discussing the game. Why not bring those conversations and original thoughts to the rest of the town? I think Gamma and Pooky are right in calling you out on this and both of y'all's defensiveness about it is disappointing.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

The pool of players eligible to be eliminated today consists of
Gamma Emerald
PookyTheMagicalBear

VP Baltar
Noraa

Gamma Emerald (3) : SirCakez, Noraa, VP Baltar,
PookyTheMagicalBear (1) : xRECKONERx
VP Baltar (1) : PookyTheMagicalBear
Noraa (1) : Untrod Tripod

Not Voting: Gamma Emerald, Everyone Else

With 12 members of the expedition remaining, it will take 7 to eliminate.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 521, SirCakez wrote:
In post 503, Noraa wrote:Cake why am I scum? You don't seem to have a reason.
i'm not really SRing you very strongly. UT had a decent case for you being scum.
What was decent about that crap case?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 528, SirCakez wrote:the thing that worries me w/Noraa is I'm pretty sure all of the AtE you're calling out she would be doing regardless of alignment
@Starbuck
Im literally BARELY AtE'ing. I have done nearly no AtE at all. Whats up with this crap ass shade at me for AtE'ing when Gamma's AtE has certainly been MUCH more present.

Starbuck's stance around gamma is really weird.

I've been thinking about gamma lately and I'm coming around to gamma town somewhat.

It's hard to say but aorn I'm not all that convinced in gamma scum anymore.

I think my new solve looks like notsci/starbuck/UT/___
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 529, Starbuck wrote:So why are you calling Reck being scum when he isn't wrong?

Oh good, Baltar called you out in the moment in 368 and your 384 really does nothing for me. I don't think it's alignment indicative, but if you were in my shoes right now (falling further behind because more pages keep getting added), you'd get it.
I'm looking at this in the context of other games I've played recently which went BLAZING (like Betrayal) and this is really nothing in comparison
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 529, Starbuck wrote:I also think (at this point) that y'all are spending more time defending talking in the PT than actually discussing the game. Why not bring those conversations and original thoughts to the rest of the town? I think Gamma and Pooky are right in calling you out on this and both of y'all's defensiveness about it is disappointing.
This is a pretty BS point. Pooky is the person who repeatedly brings up the PT. I'm not being defensive by trying to answer his questions.

Further, I've raised many lines of questioning outside of that, so you're incorrect to say I'm not bringing original lines of thought. Pooky, and to a lesser degree notscience, are the ones repeatedly asking me to defend PT use, which is dumb. Why are you framing it as myself being the driver of that when I'm clearly not?
YOUR AD HERE

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Noraa »

Its great that Starbuck is throwing shade at so many people yet not voting anyone.

The fact that she decides that basically pooky and vp don't exist and the whole choice is between gamma and I is interesting as well.

She also seems to have a thing for pocketing gamma.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 529, Starbuck wrote:Oh VPB, this Gamma case in 395. You talk about Gamma speaking about you and Noraa hiding away in the PT, but what about Pooky who originally brought that subject to the table in the first place? If Gamma is scummy for it, is Pooky? Why vote Gamma and not Pooky?
Because at least pooky was presenting it as an original idea. I think his point was bad (which I explained why later), but I can see town motivation in trying to pressure. Gamma however is just repeating it without thinking about the validity of what is being said, presumably because he thinks it's an easy way to score points on me. That's actively scummy behavior. As is trying to say lilith is scum over an RVS comment. As is the woe is me self voting. Etc
YOUR AD HERE

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Noraa »

Gamma had a few very noticeable scum tells that I used to have which was really alarming but also he feels somewhat? genuine.
Idk I have like a gut feeling he's scum but also a gut feeling he's town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 17 to 21
In post 409, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE:
So it’ll take a little more effort to ship me off.
About damn time.
In post 433, SirCakez wrote:agar is a player in this game?
Yep, this is my fault.
In post 443, VP Baltar wrote:I do think other people should talk more because the activity overview is .... Something.
I was about to ask if everyone was an Auro alt because FFS.
In post 455, Untrod Tripod wrote:off topic - this'll come up later if Starbuck is on the table, but I feel like her catchup is very fluff.
I wasn't even into the meat of stuff until this morning, so I get that. It's been a weird week to say the least.

However, I dig the rest of 455, even if I don't necessarily agree on all your points. Out of the 4, I do see Noraa as the most likely scum (reasons in my past catch up posts) and I appreciate your alternate albeit similar perspective here.

Noting this to come back for a further in depth read, as with Noraa's response to it in .
In post 466, notscience wrote:just because you can't articulate a gut scum read doesn't mean it isn't real
+1
In post 481, lilith2013 wrote:How well do Noraa and VP know each other? They both seem very trusting of the other when I think town would be more suspicious/paranoid of early mutual townreads. Noraa is suspicious of gamma townreading her (a trait I generally consider towny), but why isn’t she paranoid of VP?
This is a great question.
In post 486, notscience wrote:I think Noraa is being Naive and it’s being exploited by VP.
I think you're reaching really hard with this and not giving Noraa enough credit. To be fair, it's kind of a misogynistic take and I don't appreciate that.
In post 487, Noraa wrote:I have been concerned with VP before but it has never been voiced in thread.
And this is why hiding away in your PT is an issue.

I appreciate Pooky's line of questioning to VPB and Noraa from 20 to 21. Noting this to go back and read a little closer (just wanting to get through catching up).

In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?
I mean, we've both been pretty absent so our PT is like "hi," but maybe if I had some thought process to work out or if I need a place to toss some notes. Otherwise, I just put all my thoughts and reads directly in the game thread. I do need to bomb him with some memes, though.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:28 am

Post by notscience »

I’ll keep it in mind, I typically use it regardless of gender of who I’m referring to but I’ll try to be more aware/considerate.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:30 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I think its more suspicious that Noraa literally just tricked VP baltar in a game and proposes a trust deal to baltar in her PT and Baltar just instantly takes it with no paranoia of Noraa at all.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 22 - ALMOST FRAKKING THERE
In post 528, SirCakez wrote:the thing that worries me w/Noraa is I'm pretty sure all of the AtE you're calling out she would be doing regardless of alignment
@Starbuck
I don't have as much experience with her as the rest of you. I think this is our first game, but I'm not particularly liking her stances or her approach to the game.
In post 532, Noraa wrote:
@Starbuck
Im literally BARELY AtE'ing. I have done nearly no AtE at all. Whats up with this crap ass shade at me for AtE'ing when Gamma's AtE has certainly been MUCH more present.

Starbuck's stance around gamma is really weird.

I've been thinking about gamma lately and I'm coming around to gamma town somewhat.

It's hard to say but aorn I'm not all that convinced in gamma scum anymore.

I think my new solve looks like notsci/starbuck/UT/___
1. I just caught up with the whole game in the last 3 days (finally) and you were very clearly AtE-ing. To sit here and say that you aren't or haven't isn't true. We've never played together before, but I quoted specific instances in my catch up where you were very clearly doing so. Continuing to deny it and continuing to be overdefensive, when you are clearly doing something, reads as scum to me.

2. Deflection to Gamma - "I wasn't doing this, but GAMMA WAS DOING THIS MORE THAN ME. You need to look at HIM!" Nuff said.

3. My stance around Gamma is weird, but you're coming around to him as town? So why is my town stance on him weird?
In post 533, SirCakez wrote:
In post 529, Starbuck wrote:So why are you calling Reck being scum when he isn't wrong?

Oh good, Baltar called you out in the moment in 368 and your 384 really does nothing for me. I don't think it's alignment indicative, but if you were in my shoes right now (falling further behind because more pages keep getting added), you'd get it.
I'm looking at this in the context of other games I've played recently which went BLAZING (like Betrayal) and this is really nothing in comparison
I can see that. I'm considering Mafia of Revelations and the hell that was putting up with Auro on Day 1.
In post 534, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 529, Starbuck wrote:I also think (at this point) that y'all are spending more time defending talking in the PT than actually discussing the game. Why not bring those conversations and original thoughts to the rest of the town? I think Gamma and Pooky are right in calling you out on this and both of y'all's defensiveness about it is disappointing.
This is a pretty BS point. Pooky is the person who repeatedly brings up the PT. I'm not being defensive by trying to answer his questions.

Further, I've raised many lines of questioning outside of that, so you're incorrect to say I'm not bringing original lines of thought. Pooky, and to a lesser degree notscience, are the ones repeatedly asking me to defend PT use, which is dumb. Why are you framing it as myself being the driver of that when I'm clearly not?
First off, I was asking a question to better understand your perspective. Your overdefensiveness is noted. In the case that you made against Gamma, you stated that he was attacking you about the PT rather than Pooky. You voted for Gamma in that post, too, and used that as your reasoning. I wish you had quoted my whole response.

In any case, for the majority of this game that I just caught up on, there's waaaaaay more talk about y'all defending your PT than other subjects. I think the line of questioning that has occurred is important and I'm concerned about this Day 1 blood pact that y'all made because I've never taken you for that guy. However, I've appreciated your responses more than I have Noraa's.

Also, I never said that you aren't bringing original lines of thought to the table (you're putting words in my mouth), but that the PT talk has been a big discussion point that is taking more of everyone's attention. If you and Noraa weren't so obstinate about it, that might not be the case.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:Its great that Starbuck is throwing shade at so many people yet not voting anyone.
You've obviously never played with me before, esp when I'm forced into catch up mode. I vote once I'm completely caught up. I try not to do it as I go because I don't want to accidentally quickhammer.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:The fact that she decides that basically pooky and vp don't exist and the whole choice is between gamma and I is interesting as well.
I didn't decide that they don't exist. Maybe you should read my posts again.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:She also seems to have a thing for pocketing gamma.
Nope, I just think he's town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

VOTE: Noraa

And done.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

Spoiler:
In post 254, Noraa wrote:If I don't act high and mighty with confidence in games where I'm heavily SRed, I fucking always die a day 1 lim. Is that hard to understand or something?
In post 259, Noraa wrote:Keep attacking my play. It doesn't make you look any less scummy here.
In post 260, Noraa wrote:UR not even talking logic anymore. Ur just attacking my inexperience.
In post 263, Noraa wrote:Mafiasunny, I had to solo carry a scum team. Ofc I have to discredit you.
Xenoblade, likewise I was scum and also I did not bite back at you. If I remember correctly I didn't ever SR you that game at all.
Student Council, I thought you were scum from time to time but I compromise with my hydra buddy.
Haunted village and Betrayal, according to you, I was ok.
Donner Party, you were scummy asf so ofc I tunneled.

Your telling me that if I SR you, I'm being mean and unreasonable.
If I think ur scum, I'm mean and unreasonable.
As long as you TR me, I have to do the same back?
wtf gamma.
In post 275, Noraa wrote:The above post is both of our cues to shut the fuck up about this. Got it?
I will shut up about it.
And you will shut up too.
In post 281, Noraa wrote:
In post 238, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just take the fucking townread goddamn it!!!!!!
In post 239, Gamma Emerald wrote:You bitch and moan about how I read you wrong and yet when I townread you you attack me. And I find it ridiculous you think I can’t find you obvtown when you yourself boast about your towniness at every turn. You’re not genuinely interacting with me, you’re being contrarian!!!!!!!!
It started because gamma said these two ^
and I got upsetti spaghetti

a quick skim of Noraa's ISO gives me all of these quotes which are obviously AtE so her claiming she is not AtEing is just ridiculous
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 455, Untrod Tripod wrote:Here's my biggest problem with hyperposting, and especially hyperposting when there's literally no content to comment on: it's almost impossible to nail a person down on anything and the vast majority of their posts are going to be like this, where it's either repeating something they've already said or just baselessly throwing takes around. they make a bad post and then you point it out and they bury you in a bunch of bullshit and it's hard to engage with or analyze any one post because there's so many, they tend to be contradictory, and the person posting just keeps making new ones that they say explain everything but are just as bad.

"pooky's play doesn't make sense as scum" why? this is not explored or explicated. it's just stated as fact.
"it's a very anti-town play" why is it anti-town? why is it anti-town but not pro-scum? again, this is not explored or explicated. it's in contradiction to the sentence immediately preceding it, but then right after noraa say "regardless, probs not scum". why? who knows. I shouldn't need a decoder ring and five special pirate maps to puzzle out what someone is thinking in a game that's primarily based on arguing. if your reads are unclear and mysterious, it's probably because they're bad or fake.

now look, I don't really care if later on, noraa has explained this post if pushed on it because explaining bad posts is part of being scum. See what I did in that sentence? I said something was scummy, said why something was scummy, and gave a reason why a mitigating factor doesn't change my read. It's really not that hard to do when your reads are based on something other than a need to push a misyeet or not get yeeted.

anyway vote noraa

Who else has some takes
I agree with UT's logic here
a lot of Noraa's defensiveness doesn't make sense
for example her claim she isn't AtEing like I just pointed out
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 540, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think its more suspicious that Noraa literally just tricked VP baltar in a game and proposes a trust deal to baltar in her PT and Baltar just instantly takes it with no paranoia of Noraa at all.
That's not the only game I've played with noraa. I can't discuss the other because it's ongoing.

I've explained my reasoning for the deal from my perspective, which I don't think you acknowledged at all. Are you saying I'm lying about that?
YOUR AD HERE

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:35 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm saying your reaction to Noraa proposing a trust deal to you is suspicious given that she literally just snowed you for a scumwin.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 546, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm saying your reaction to Noraa proposing a trust deal to you is suspicious given that she literally just snowed you for a scumwin.
Your framing of that game is inaccurate, but anyhow...

My point is, what makes you think I haven't improved my ability to read noraa now that I've had more experience playing with her? Further, I stated how I see it as advantageous to my ability to assess her alignment.

You keep saying she's the victim here, but also I'm getting snowed and duped by her or whatever. You see how this argument is illogical, right?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 525, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 517, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like obviously I did it for the memes cuz Baltar was making fun of my team being iguanas
Did you come into the game planning to issue a challenge in the early pages regardless?
^please answer this
YOUR AD HERE

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 546, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm saying your reaction to Noraa proposing a trust deal to you is suspicious given that she literally just snowed you for a scumwin.
I really dislike Starbuck's way of approaching this game.

Imma hold off on it for a bit and meta her cuz she seems pretty LHF-y which is weirding me off given her join date.

Anyways, im like 99% certain cake is scum here.

Theres something really off there. Like his usual approach to a game when he's town, from my experience is "Idgaf what u say or what anyone says but im just gonna not make sense and you can do anything about it"

He's very over explainy here and trying to sheep UT is just a weird look for him.

It doesn't match up with his town meta at all. He's trying too hard to make everything he does make sense to other people and I take it that he's scum.

Heres the strongest SR of mine so far in this entire game: Cake.
10000% meta based but im certain he is scum.
I've been wrong about soul read in the past but I've only had 4 of them in all of MS history.
I nailed 2 scum in less than 10 pages and was wrong about the other.

99% sure Cake is scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”