Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 983, notscience wrote:I’ve been unimpressed with both members of the Cakez team.
then do something about it
In post 984, Starbuck wrote:
In post 982, SirCakez wrote:
In post 980, Starbuck wrote:I do think there are others who are contributing less than he has, but for right now, I'm pretty okay with him.
who else are you looking at here?
Lilith, Reck, and basically everyone in the 2nd half of the activity overview aside from the mod.

It's not because I think they are scum. I'm null on a good chunk of that side of the overview because they are being overshadowed by people who just want to hear themselves talk.
i think we are having a similar mindset here
i feel most scum in are in the less active players
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1024, Gamma Emerald wrote:I get that’s sarcastic but maybe I actually do need to teach you seeing as y’all aren’t doing anything to actually make this challenge not-a-waste and then trying to kill Pooky for creating a problem that really just lies on your shoulders
nah whippersnapper, us stupid old people are sundowning so don't bother trying to bring us up to you, you're clearly operating on a level none of us could even understand

it's like that thing in anime where someone jiggles their hand on a sword hilt and everyone dies

just back up old folks, we're witnessing greatness
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You say that but have pushed me and Noraa as scum
Do you think it’s one of us as the most active scum? In which case what do you think the game plan for scum is because I’m wondering how you rationalize that with our play
PEdit: @Cakez
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1027, Gamma Emerald wrote:You say that but have pushed me and Noraa as scum
Do you think it’s one of us as the most active scum? In which case what do you think the game plan for scum is because I’m wondering how you rationalize that with our play
PEdit: @Cakez
where have I pushed Noraa as scum anywhere????
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1024, Gamma Emerald wrote:I get that’s sarcastic but maybe I actually do need to teach you seeing as y’all aren’t doing anything to actually make this challenge not-a-waste and then trying to kill Pooky for creating a problem that really just lies on your shoulders
wait please explain to me how pooky -- who CREATED THE PROBLEM by your own admission -- gets to not be the problem child while UT and I are the ones TRULY responsible for this shitshow we find ourselves in
green shirt thursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by notscience »

What do you expect me to do Cakez, vote you?

The scumreads on me are weak and lame tbh, but I digress.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1026, Untrod Tripod wrote:it's like that thing in anime where someone jiggles their hand on a sword hilt and everyone dies
this is lit
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 986, lilith2013 wrote:UT, who do you think scum!Noraa is being bussed by?
I'm honestly not sure. Cakez, AGar, and Pooky are behaving the way I would expect scum to in a normal game, which is to say casting shade at Noraa without actually committing to the vote. I kind of think scum is largely standing around twiddling their thumbs waiting for other people to do things. I don't understand how she didn't get hammered at L-1 regardless of her alignment, which leads me to believe that scum has 2-3 people that misunderstands how the town is going to react to whatever the flip is. I'm not gonna list who my personal read on who that would be since it would just come off as insulting.

I guess basically what I'm saying is I'm still kind of baffled by the fact that the yeet didn't hammered because that throws of my perception of who scum could be in this pool because they're playing in a way I don't know how to analyze yet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1029, xRECKONERx wrote:
wait please explain to me how pooky -- who CREATED THE PROBLEM by your own admission -- gets to not be the problem child while UT and I are the ones TRULY responsible for this shitshow we find ourselves in
As I have seen it your issue seems to be with the fact it forces the scope to be on 4 slots, but in actuality it doesn’t. You folks just seem to not want to do it for whatever reason. Any proclaimed inability to read within {Lilith, Cakez, Starbuck, AGar, UT, Reck, notsci, Bulge} because of the insta-challenge imo comes from a lack of trying rather than that. I have admitted earlier that it probably becomes easier with flips, but the opposite of easy is not impossible, so you should still be able to do it without.
It’s a matter of will here. You claim Pooky caused a problem, but I don’t see where the problem is except in your head.
Also you two aren’t the only ones I have issues with, but you’ve certainly raised a lot of hell about how much this situation sucks so that makes you the people I feel like arguing with about it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Cakez scumreading Noraa:
In post 8, SirCakez wrote:Noraaaaaaaaaa I'm sad you're scum here :(
In post 18, SirCakez wrote:
In post 28, SirCakez wrote:
In post 21, Noraa wrote:
I'm not so you should be happy.
I don't believe you
In post 499, SirCakez wrote:Kinda want to sheep the UT case on Noraa
I don't have anything else to add here
Honestly I thought there was more but really he’s just been saying she’s bad regardless of alignment which is an even shittier take
<Embrace The Void>

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1033, Gamma Emerald wrote:but you’ve certainly raised a lot of hell about how much this situation sucks so that makes you the people I feel like arguing with about it.
I have not done this. I am one of the only people in this game who has not done this. My ISO is not very long and my posts are very easy to read, so the reading comprehension issue is on you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I could be generalizing really hard here, but I’m just pissed off at the lack of trying
<Embrace The Void>

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

bless your dear heart
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Okay, everyone else:

what more do you need to know about the people on the board? can we just finish this and move on.

Here's an idea: let's post a list in order of preference for these four and then just do whatever wins by preferential voting. This game day is fucking tedious and there's no new information to glean.

1 > most want to yeet
4 > least want to yeet

1. noraa
2. Gamma
3. Pooky
4. VP
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1038, Untrod Tripod wrote:This game day is fucking tedious and there's no new information to glean.
Co-sign. Vote already.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 am

Post by notscience »

Pooky
VP
Noraa
Gamma
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1033, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1029, xRECKONERx wrote:
As I have seen it your issue seems to be with the fact it forces the scope to be on 4 slots, but in actuality it doesn’t. You folks just seem to not want to do it for whatever reason. Any proclaimed inability to read within {Lilith, Cakez, Starbuck, AGar, UT, Reck, notsci, Bulge} because of the insta-challenge imo comes from a lack of trying rather than that. I have admitted earlier that it probably becomes easier with flips, but the opposite of easy is not impossible, so you should still be able to do it without.
It’s a matter of will here. You claim Pooky caused a problem, but I don’t see where the problem is except in your head.
Also you two aren’t the only ones I have issues with, but you’ve certainly raised a lot of hell about how much this situation sucks so that makes you the people I feel like arguing with about it.
the problem is that any noise being made about anyone outside of these four creates obfuscation of the reasoning why we're voting for any of these four

for example, i still don't understand why the fuck pooky snap challenged and what was so strong in his gut to risk throwing the game away on an instantchallenge

it DOES narrow the scope. that's LITERALLy the mechanic of the game. i'm going to focus on what is in my control today, and that is "which of these four do i vote for"

you know what SCUM would want to do here? esp. if they have a buddy somewhere in the four on the block? they'd want to run as far away as possible from it and focus on other things.
that way if a mislim happens they can go "well good i didn't want them anyway i wanted person XYZ over here" and it completely absolves them of responsibility for the current challenge

and since the point of this mechanic is to put the game under a microscope, it would've been
extremely fucking ideal
if pooky hadn't fired from the hip and given people more time to discuss and figure out who we all wanted under the microscope. at the very least, challenge on something more than instalolgut

so yes-- keeping things narrowly focused on the current challenge is ideal. it forces people to take stances that can then be reviewed, poked, prodded, reevaluated after we have a flip.
i do not give a flying fuck what you have to say about starbuck right now because she's not on the block so why are we having this conversation? and your continued push on her allows you to divert attention away from going after anybody on the block.

but please, whippersnapper, lecture us old fogies on how to play mafia more. i'm sure your hyperactive spamposting and pooky's hipfiring "for the lulz" are just bastions of admirable mafia play
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1038, Untrod Tripod wrote:Okay, everyone else:

what more do you need to know about the people on the board? can we just finish this and move on.

Here's an idea: let's post a list in order of preference for these four and then just do whatever wins by preferential voting. This game day is fucking tedious and there's no new information to glean.

1 > most want to yeet
4 > least want to yeet

1. noraa
2. Gamma
3. Pooky
4. VP
1. pooky
2. noraa/vpb
3. vpb/noraa
4. gamma

is there an option for "all of them"? bc i'd yeet all of them.
i think my preferences have drastically become grudgey and not based on reads and that's bad but i don't fucking care just make the spamming stop.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i actually think gamma might be the most likely to be scum after recent interactions but honestly i really just want all of them gone.

vpb is still a gut read for me based on the way he wrote off noraa and then came back around to vote her as soon as questioned
pooky is still a policy vote bc of this stupid challenge + general attitude + i dont want the "too scummy to be scum" headache down the line
noraa is spamposting and that alone makes me want to yeet her. i hated her spicy take that gamma just copied her readslist -- what? people can have the same reads. what a bad take.
gamma seems to be wanting to do everything in his power to evaluate anyone but vpb/noraa/pooky and if you ask me that would point to gamma being scum but what do i know, im just a boomer
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Me after Reck's 1041:

<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Whatever just end this fucking day
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1030, notscience wrote:What do you expect me to do Cakez, vote you?

The scumreads on me are weak and lame tbh, but I digress.
idk something that is not waffling and blahing
In post 1032, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 986, lilith2013 wrote:UT, who do you think scum!Noraa is being bussed by?
I'm honestly not sure. Cakez, AGar, and Pooky are behaving the way I would expect scum to in a normal game, which is to say casting shade at Noraa without actually committing to the vote. I kind of think scum is largely standing around twiddling their thumbs waiting for other people to do things. I don't understand how she didn't get hammered at L-1 regardless of her alignment, which leads me to believe that scum has 2-3 people that misunderstands how the town is going to react to whatever the flip is. I'm not gonna list who my personal read on who that would be since it would just come off as insulting.

I guess basically what I'm saying is I'm still kind of baffled by the fact that the yeet didn't hammered because that throws of my perception of who scum could be in this pool because they're playing in a way I don't know how to analyze yet
I said 1000000 times that I am not SRing Noraa but her push on me is terrible and I cannot ignore that
In post 1034, Gamma Emerald wrote:Cakez scumreading Noraa:
In post 28, SirCakez wrote:
In post 21, Noraa wrote:
I'm not so you should be happy.
I don't believe you
In post 499, SirCakez wrote:Kinda want to sheep the UT case on Noraa
I don't have anything else to add here
Honestly I thought there was more but really he’s just been saying she’s bad regardless of alignment which is an even shittier take
wow 3 posts from the first 2 pages and me saying UT's case was decent?

1. Gamma
2. Pooky
3. noraa
4. VP
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

i agree we just need a flip here so I will grudgingly vote whatever consensus is if not Gamma
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1046, SirCakez wrote:I said 1000000 times that I am not SRing Noraa but her push on me is terrible and I cannot ignore that
this is more or less a working definition of "casting shade", yes
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What do you want me to do, ignore it?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”