Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1124, SirCakez wrote:if VP disappears here now that he's off the hot seat it will look pretty bad
I posted...

*Checks notes*

... yesterday.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, why say that about me, but not pooky, who I don't think has even posted any content this phase?
YOUR AD HERE

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

Busy last few days with work, but I'm here and hi. It's much better coming back to like 6 pages rather than 15.

I'm sorry to be wrong about Noraa. I hope a break serves her well and maybe she takes away some of the constructive feedback from folks here. I think it could be a real benefit to her in the future.
In post 1082, SirCakez wrote:I'd like to elim in this today I think Noraa's wagon was scum infested and taking advantage of her known predisposition to get emotional
Question, am I the only one who has never played with her before?
In post 1088, SirCakez wrote:i'm not challenging anyone rn this thread needs to breathe now that we're finally out of that bs
Agreed. I'd almost say this is a similar format to The Weakest Link where we should plan out the challenges.
In post 1101, AGar wrote:GE is still scum y'all.
My read shifted hard on him towards the end of yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Pooky up again.
In post 1103, xRECKONERx wrote:Her catchup posts felt a lot like cheering from the sidelines and the way she was all "rah rah Reck makes good points" just *feels* like scum trying to get into my blindspot but it has been quite a hot minute since I've played with her so it could be genuine which is why I haven't really acted on it
I worked 8 days straight, had one day off (Sunday), and am back at it as of Monday till, at least, Saturday. I've been catching up and reading where I can and not actually here in real time, so I can see why you'd feel this way.
In post 1105, notscience wrote:agar I literally was saying for days it was four town. Several people scum read me for it.
It is a pretty scummy take, though, and an easy way to shirk any responsibility for yesterday.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:11 am

Post by notscience »

Show me where I’m shirking responsibility for it and not chastising Pooky.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1127, Starbuck wrote:My read shifted hard on him towards the end of yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Pooky up again.
I'd take a detailed explanation of this. Your read shifted hard, how and why? Before or after the noraa flip? Sounds like before.
YOUR AD HERE

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1128, notscience wrote:Show me where I’m shirking responsibility for it and not chastising Pooky.
For some reason, I had thought you refrained from placing a vote at all. I was mistaken as I just went back to look at the final vote count.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1129, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1127, Starbuck wrote:My read shifted hard on him towards the end of yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Pooky up again.
I'd take a detailed explanation of this. Your read shifted hard, how and why? Before or after the noraa flip? Sounds like before.
Definitely before and starting around the time when I finished my catch up. At the beginning of catching up, when I came in the game and read through the atrocious back and forth between he and Noraa, I was townreading him. I could empathize with a lot of what he was saying, especially in the face of someone who was being out of this world unreasonable. It's all laid out in .

It was after I said this:
In post 522, Starbuck wrote:It's interesting because there's a Gamma/Noraa 1v1 and a Pooky/Baltar 1v1 happening. I feel like I've sorted the first, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.
That things seemed to get blown from a molehill into a mountain.

If you reference my , I responded to GE's blatant misrep of me in his . He said that I wrote you and Pooky off, but if he read, he would have seen that I was interacting with you and actively working on sorting you. Pooky is a whole other mess that I'm still trying to figure out, but Gamma completely ignored everything that I posted to do with you.

Then when I asked for time (because my insane work schedule being what it is), he told me that I had a "strict timetable" via and that:
In post 667, Gamma Emerald wrote:it's not negotiable that I won't look favorably on you if you fail to deliver before this bubble bursts
I'm not sure what I've done to be talked to like that, but I don't do anything for folks who are rude to me.

I don't think he realizes that I (like many others) work on sorting folks as I read and interact further, so his constant jump on me to provide him what I felt of you and Pooky (when I was working through, at least, one of you) is utter trash. I don't think he truly cared what I had to say and, like his pal Noraa, just ignored anything that I posted because it didn't suit his needs.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

However, out of the 4 of you, Noraa was still the top of me and that's why my vote stayed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i regret voting noraa
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1133, xRECKONERx wrote:i regret voting noraa
I don't see the point of saying this.

Why?
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

my read was wrong but I stand by the vote
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

idk i feel bad and she seemed frustrated

im having a very empathetic emotional day ignore me
green shirt thursdays
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1126, VP Baltar wrote:Also, why say that about me, but not pooky, who I don't think has even posted any content this phase?
i thought people were tired of me posting shit and wanted me to shut up tbh
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1125, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1124, SirCakez wrote:if VP disappears here now that he's off the hot seat it will look pretty bad
I posted...

*Checks notes*

... yesterday.
notice the key word "if"
In post 1126, VP Baltar wrote:Also, why say that about me, but not pooky, who I don't think has even posted any content this phase?
you just came to mind first because I felt like Pooky brought a ton of attention upon himself already while you were thrust into it
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

tentatively I'd like to challenge blue barracudas depending on what lilith thinks
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

Purple Parrots aren't great either
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1138, SirCakez wrote:notice the key word "if"
Today is "saying things that don't need to be said" day or what?

Why would you think I'm going to disappear?
YOUR AD HERE

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:38 am

Post by AGar »

Quote striping like it's 2011 in here because I don't feel like @ing and formatting BBcode rn.
In post 1122, notscience wrote:@Agar- anti town more likely comes from town for Pooky
I'm sorry hwat?
In post 1123, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1121, notscience wrote:
In post 1119, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1105, notscience wrote:agar I literally was saying for days it was four town. Several people scum read me for it.

ANd at first I was frustrated I had no time to think. Then i started towmreadimg all of them and got annoyed
mmm I don't think so

Go on?
the four town argument I think is wrong
What benefit do you see to scum angling to push a four-town mindset if there's a scumbag in there?
In post 1137, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
i thought people were tired of me posting shit and wanted me to shut up tbh
Imagine misreading the room this bad.

Imagine.
In post 1128, notscience wrote:Show me where I’m shirking responsibility for it and not chastising Pooky.
Chastising Pooky about his play isn't not shirking responsibility though. You did fuckall to try and at least move the town towards the player you felt was acting most detrimental, if you truly feel all four in the pool were town, and you've hid behind "Well like three of you would've for sure shot me down because I townread two players because of meta" which is a charmin level defense for not making any real attempt to even sell anyone on Pookie.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

agar are you scum bro
green shirt thursdays
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1141, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1138, SirCakez wrote:notice the key word "if"
Today is "saying things that don't need to be said" day or what?

Why would you think I'm going to disappear?
i had a strange gut feeling
In post 1142, AGar wrote:What benefit do you see to scum angling to push a four-town mindset if there's a scumbag in there?
this seems really obvious no?
plant the idea of scum as town
like scum 101
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by notscience »

Agar we had two separate players in the pool talk about auto challenging.

And yeah, I didn’t go “yes this guy is town but he’s an asshole who was anti town so elim him” because I have zero desire to try and confidently shove a miselim. Look at me yesterday- I was originally content to hammer anyone but after I realized it was four town I couldn’t bring myself to hammer her. I lead elims on scum, not on town.

Yes reck, agars scum. He had all of yesterday to address my scumread, which wasn’t a secret, but he’s now writing me off as attacking the low post count players when I’ve explained my thoughts behind the higher post count players.

Know what happens normally when I’m doing stupid Shit? Agar goes “hey notty you’re doing stupid shit”

Here he’s going “nottys attacking low post counts” when I’ve explicitly stated yesterday I’m trying to hold back my post count so you low post counters I don’t normally get to play with can play. And I suppose this is meta and you’re contractually obligated to tell me meta is trash, but my iso makes it fairly clear I want involvement from the lesser post counts and I am listening to and adjusting my reads accordingly from them.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1145, notscience wrote:after I realized it was four town
alright slow down buddy
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i am glad Notsci has issued me my IC card for the game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1143, xRECKONERx wrote:agar are you scum bro
Nah. :(
In post 1144, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1142, AGar wrote:What benefit do you see to scum angling to push a four-town mindset if there's a scumbag in there?
this seems really obvious no?
plant the idea of scum as town
like scum 101
The counter point is it's a pretty low reward play (you might keep one of your scumbuddies out of a yeet pool for a bit, you maybe get a bit of towncred) with a lot of opportunity to backfire if one of them flips scum and is linked back to the person pushing it and even if they aren't they lose any potential gains as soon as that one flips. Unless you think notty's mild attempts to persuade others that all four were town will prevent any of them from ending up back in a challenge. I don't see it as a good play from Notty to try and save a scumbuddy there.
In post 1145, notscience wrote:Agar we had two separate players in the pool talk about auto challenging.
What is this specifically in regards to? I'm actually not following here. If this is in response to my "hwat" comment, I want to know why you think Pookie's anti-town actions are a town indicator for him. This doesn't seem to really help with that unless I'm missing something.
In post 1145, notscience wrote:And yeah, I didn’t go “yes this guy is town but he’s an asshole who was anti town so elim him” because I have zero desire to try and confidently shove a miselim. Look at me yesterday- I was originally content to hammer anyone but after I realized it was four town I couldn’t bring myself to hammer her. I lead elims on scum, not on town.
If you think all four are town, and those are the only four up for a yeet, you should be angling to actually get the one you suspect is most dangerous to get yeeted, not hide behind "I lead elims on scum, not town" and "no one would listen to me because meta."
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by notscience »

My entire point is I didn’t think any of them would so given the day was a waste I didn’t care. Call it shirking responsibility, so I guess I am doing that, but yesterday was fucking stupid.

I have a very firm belief antitown actions are more commonly done by town as scum is more self concious about it. Given pookys chalenge was antitown as all fuck, I think he’s likely town.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”