Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1246, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1222, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1221, notscience wrote:You’re talking about UT questioning Agars easy push are you not?
That was not my interpretation of what he said, but if that is true, it is an incredibly lame point to make. Not do I think it is even true necessarily.
In post 1224, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1223, notscience wrote:Cakez has been working on his case, we’ll get it about the time the vaccine is available to the general public
Lol

Anyhow, if you can't remember anything lillith has done, isn't that more scum indicative than anything? That's my entire problem with her.
I don’t like vp’s response to this conversation with notsci. not sure exactly what about it feels off but I almost feel like his intention was never to actually engage on whether agar pushing me was easy (which it is, because I think I have the lowest number of posts out of the remaining 3) but rather just to make UT look bad
vp's whole exchange with notty that page struck me as off. I'm not sure how to put it to words except that it doesn't line up with the rest of his iso. but im not sure what that has to do with UT? surely if that were vp's intent, he would have gone about it some other way, no?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1257, AGar wrote:Spent 11.5 hours and so far almost every waking minute staring at 600 acres worth of utility maps today. Going to go for a run to reset my brain/create a divide in the day for my own sanity, then I'll deal with some of the garbage in here, but boy do I have some fucking takes.
were you in prodrange before you made this post?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I think this is a better way of saying what I meant:
In post 1269, lilith2013 wrote:it doesn’t seem like vp intended to ever entertain UT’s train of thought seriously.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1212, VP Baltar wrote:UT, elaborate why lillith is easy as compared to other people in the pool?
?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I get what you're saying now but I don't follow, or don't agree
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by notscience »

Update I am no longer confident in my bulge scumread and think he might be town
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

i think agar is scummy but honestly not liking lilith's reaction here too much
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1246, lilith2013 wrote:I don’t like vp’s response to this conversation with notsci. not sure exactly what about it feels off but I almost feel like his intention was never to actually engage on whether agar pushing me was easy (which it is, because I think I have the lowest number of posts out of the remaining 3) but rather just to make UT look bad
Actually sitting at a computer doing rereading this morning and I just want to reiterate how bad this post is. "VP laughed at a funny joke notsci made and I don't like it. Also, I'm an easy push because I don't post much. WAAH."

Also, how exactly am I making UT look bad? I read his post one way, notsci read it another. Is UT someone who needs your whiteknighting or are you just trying to pocket?

I still think lillith is very obviously skirting around the edges of the game. Just ISOed her, and she had approximately zero thoughts or interactions with Starbuck or notsci on D1. She very briefly questioned AGar over his noraa read (which proved to be correct, so....) and then starts D2 with an agar vote with extremely flimsy reasons. No effort to try and sort the other slots at all, and she seems more interested in trying to shade me than actually solve within the lim pool today. That's an overdefensive mindset indicative of scum. I'm literally the only person voting her and she calls it OMGUS, which makes no sense when I was the one talking about limming her first.
In post 1267, lilith2013 wrote:Is it coincidence that you vote me only after I said something bad about you :thinking: what’s the difference between me and agar, who’s also talked about reasons for not being in thread and who has fewer posts than me? Do you think he’s “contributed something substantial”?

Also, why did you say that I’m supposed to be a “good” player? We’ve had 0 games together, and your PT partner also had 0 prior games with me. Where does that impression of me come from?
VP's first mention of being good with a lillith yeet:

lillith's first mention of VP at all on D2:

re: AGar's contribution - he's done more than you, yes.

re: "good player" - I've seen people mention your name before (though bless me idk where), and I like Cakez, so there is probably some trust by association there that he would want to play with good people. Are you not good at mafia?
In post 1269, lilith2013 wrote:Why do you think he’s pushing me then, if it’s not because I’m the easiest of the remaining pool?
The number of times lillith makes this point after UT says it is fucking astounding. It wasn't even her idea, but she latches onto it like it's lolcatz in 2002.
In post 1274, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: agar

La da la da.
You've been awfully quiet today. I'd take your thoughts on all four slots Pooky.
In post 1280, notscience wrote:Update I am no longer confident in my bulge scumread and think he might be town
Can you explain why you scum read him and what changed?

Ok, going to ISO Cakez, Starbuck and AGar next to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i still think you're scum

you're pushing lilith so I am going for Agar.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Finished ISOing AGar.

I'm really not getting the suspicion on him. He's logically consistent throughout his play, he's pushing in a lot of different directions on D1 and he questions his own reads at various points. AGar and Starbuck are two people I probably have the most experience playing with back in the day. I also played with both of them since my return in Mafia Revelations. I said this to Noraa in our PT, but I was watching both of them closely at the start of this game to see if they easily accepted me as town or not. I said that because I was scum in Revelations and they both gave me too easy of a pass because we all like each other.

AGar does not do that this game. He asks me a few tough questions to try and suss out my motivations during the great PT debacle. It's not a grilling, but they read like very genuine skepticism and poking to see what my alignment is. AGar also genuinely expresses frustration at things I'd expect him to get annoyed with as town, such as shitspamming the thread. That's certainly something that could be faked, but I don't see the scum motivation to stop that from happening D1. AGar's efforts certainly read more genuine than Reck on that front, where the latter griped about it but didn't actively do anything to stop it from happening. AGar actually engaged with gamma during that, and opposed Pooky's idea of the limpool not talking D1.

That all reads fairly town to me....which is probably why I'm asking repeatedly to get an actual case on AGar and no one is providing it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1283, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i still think you're scum

I can't believe UT said you're good at this game.
YOUR AD HERE

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:37 am

In post 1284, VP Baltar wrote:and opposed Pooky's idea of the limpool not talking D1.
lol what a mis-rep

I said we take a 48 hour break to let the thread breathe because some people in the game were complaining we were posting too much and drowning out the thread.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:38 am

In post 1285, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1283, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i still think you're scum

I can't believe UT said you're good at this game.
I can't believe he said that either :lol:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:39 am

honestly just smells so bad :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, finished ISOing Starbuck.

I can see why some of her catch up posting is labeled as IIoA, but that seems to be the minority in her posting. As I stated above about AGar, I was watching to closely to see how much shit Starbuck would give me D1, and she delivered. She pressed me on a few things and took Pooky's side in the PT debate. There's maybe a little bit of a lack in broadly questioning the game state from Starbuck, but life is way harder when you're working all the time.

My biggest gripe with Starbuck is that she's pretty soft on Reck for reasons that I don't understand, but that's possibly more likely to come from town!Starbuck (ie, the same way she was soft on scum!VP in Revelations).

My takeaway is Starbuck is probably town here as well.

(Also, I've twice read through the PT debate again now, and I just want you motherfuckers to know that I was right to take the deal and try to figure out Noraa's alignment, even if I had to help yeet her in the end because of her self-destructive play.)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1286, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1284, VP Baltar wrote:and opposed Pooky's idea of the limpool not talking D1.
lol what a mis-rep

I said we take a 48 hour break to let the thread breathe because some people in the game were complaining we were posting too much and drowning out the thread.
yes, I was being hyperbolic. It's more fun that way.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Finished ISOing Cakez.

I'm back and forth on him. Like, D1 I was agreeing with many of his points and I think he came off town for trying to deescalate with noraa going HAM on him about some incoherent meta argument. I don't know Cakez well enough to speak to any type of meta discussion, but he was definitely saying town things when he was discouraging people from reading noraa's AtE as scum motivated. Much like AGar's attempts to pull back shit posting without discouraging discussion, that's a town thing to do from Cakez. If I was scum in his situation, I'd just let her rope herself with that kind of posting.

D2 gives me slightly more pause from Cakez unfortunately. I still don't understand his AGar vote, though he promised a case. I don't think he had much interaction with AGar on D1 (though he did say he was scum with Gamma), so it felt a bit like a weird focus on D2? IDK, I do think him challenging is maybe slightly town indicative still at the early point in the game, though I think scum will get more bold about initiating challenges as the game goes on and they try to shape the game state favorably. I guess overall my sense after D1 was that Cakez was pretty hard scum reading Gamma, so maybe I expected him to challenge Pooky/Gamma again to seal the deal there.

I'd put Cakez in the null pile with some town pings in there.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If I'm ranking yeet preferences, it's probably something like:

1) Lillith
2) Cakez
3) AGar/Starbuck

Not sure who I'd take out of the Blue Barracudas if I absolutely had to pick there.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1212, VP Baltar wrote:UT, elaborate why lillith is easy as compared to other people in the pool?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1282, VP Baltar wrote:Just ISOed her, and she had approximately zero thoughts or interactions with Starbuck or notsci on D1.
*correction here: That "notsci" should say "Cakez".

Got that CobraKai on the brain I guess.
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1292, VP Baltar wrote:If I'm ranking yeet preferences, it's probably something like:

1) Lillith
2) Cakez
3) AGar/Starbuck

Not sure who I'd take out of the Blue Barracudas if I absolutely had to pick there.
this is actually where i am tbh
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think after final reads from Lilith I’m fine if y’all wanna lim her
She seemed promising before but hasn’t put up quite as I’d hoped
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1271, Gamma Emerald wrote:It’s a scummy way to play tho. How does “he’s floating shit across and seeing what sticks” not sound like a scum tactic? That’s a great way to avoid taking hard stances that might backfire Id think.
There's merit to that but it's also not something I'm wanting to yeet over. Again - he'd need something else to happen to help him along in this setup. I also think he's been pretty consistence wrt the challenge and his follow up so I don't think he's doing it as scum rn.
In post 1272, lilith2013 wrote:
Ok Boomer Take #1: Providing observations on a set of players when asked is not "sussing" or "shading" all of those players just because it does not feature a fucking glowing "this person is town omg!" review. Jesus fucking christ, I literally said that one of the players is "a player". The other I provided a candid observation with no fucking indication of a lean. I literally said I wanted to yeet one player in that post. One. Not two, not three.... I swear to christ reading comprehension cannot be this difficult.
You made the fencesittiest post of all time that would allow you to pivot to literally anyone in the pool and with like 0 evidence of attempts to sort the people you were fencesitting on. Then you made up a reason to pick me as your favored elim.
I wasn't aware calling someone a "player" was giving me the ability to pivot to that person.

I didn't make up a reason - hell, I specifically mentioned in a previous post I was trying to get a grasp on your intentions - you have been background and mostly riding the currents to this point. I was wrong on one item (even though I said your ISO was "mostly" globbing on, not "only" globbing on) but all the same, you made zero attempt to engage anyone else in the pool, immediately voted me with nary a thought to anyone else and did whatever survival instinct said to do and pushed the other wagon forward in order to avoid engaging with Cakez so he can't rip you apart.
In post 1230, notscience wrote:My point was and still is that it’s an easy push for agar to make. You’re saying she’s done stuff and I’m wrong- cool, whatever, I don’t remember it and am not really pushing the issue my main point is it’s a weak push from agar
Yes, the infamous "easy push" that has gotten all of *checks notes* 1 other vote and it would need 6 total. Marvelous play. I think y'all are confusing "easy push" with "push I don't like". Which, if y'all don't like it fine but say so and don't just hid behind "oh it's an easy push."
out of the remaining three, yeah I think I would have been the easiest to push if scum!you is just trying to survive, which I think is what UT was saying.
I really think you don't know what an easy push is.
re:
See Boomer Take #1. Also your one point about questioning the townread is correct, and I misremembered exchanges with Notty post-Noraa/GE, but that's literally... *checks notes* your only contribution? Questioning a townread?

I really don’t feel the need to restate things that everyone else has already said when I’m catching up, and there’s only so many things to talk about that haven’t already been talked about

please provide examples of where you’ve contributed unique and new thoughts to this game
The origination of calling out GE's reaction to Noraa - not the argument, but the initial reaction that set off the argument. Followed up in with further elaboration.
Arguiang the efficacy of actually utilizing the PTs we were given as more than just scum hiding their thoughts.
Giving what D1 reads I had on the four that were up to be yeeted
Pushing on VPB a bit for what I read as not entirely consistent reasoning

You can contribute in other ways. You can engage with - wild thought - multiple people. I started this day off questioning posts I found curious from notscience and UT. I spent parts of yesterday imploring that the four who were up to be yeeted not go dark because their interactions would help to build further connections and it was essential they actually participate.
In post 1273, lilith2013 wrote:In that vein I think this quote in hindsight seems like projection, because scum!agar has to push me in order to not have to get in a 1v1 with cakes:
Newsflash: I am still the leading candidate to be yeeted and Cakez is still on my ass about things so I don't really think your perception is reality.
In post 1276, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1257, AGar wrote:Spent 11.5 hours and so far almost every waking minute staring at 600 acres worth of utility maps today. Going to go for a run to reset my brain/create a divide in the day for my own sanity, then I'll deal with some of the garbage in here, but boy do I have some fucking takes.
were you in prodrange before you made this post?
I think it's 72 hours to prod, so no? Not sure why that's relevant at all.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1284, VP Baltar wrote:Finished ISOing AGar.

I'm really not getting the suspicion on him. He's logically consistent throughout his play, he's pushing in a lot of different directions on D1 and he questions his own reads at various points. AGar and Starbuck are two people I probably have the most experience playing with back in the day. I also played with both of them since my return in Mafia Revelations. I said this to Noraa in our PT, but I was watching both of them closely at the start of this game to see if they easily accepted me as town or not. I said that because I was scum in Revelations and they both gave me too easy of a pass because we all like each other.

AGar does not do that this game. He asks me a few tough questions to try and suss out my motivations during the great PT debacle. It's not a grilling, but they read like very genuine skepticism and poking to see what my alignment is. AGar also genuinely expresses frustration at things I'd expect him to get annoyed with as town, such as shitspamming the thread. That's certainly something that could be faked, but I don't see the scum motivation to stop that from happening D1. AGar's efforts certainly read more genuine than Reck on that front, where the latter griped about it but didn't actively do anything to stop it from happening. AGar actually engaged with gamma during that, and opposed Pooky's idea of the limpool not talking D1.

That all reads fairly town to me....which is probably why I'm asking repeatedly to get an actual case on AGar and no one is providing it.
but where is his scumhunting? I'm seeing so many empty questions and fluffy posting that's not really motivated by town imo
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1291, VP Baltar wrote:I guess overall my sense after D1 was that Cakez was pretty hard scum reading Gamma, so maybe I expected him to challenge Pooky/Gamma again to seal the deal there.
i will say on this I still think Gamma is scummy, I just thought it would be counterproductive to challenge a pair that was just up

I am ok yeeting lilith if that's what maj wants
i know I haven't delivered my promised Agar case :(
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”