He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Bell »

In post 6347, Gypyx wrote:
In post 6327, Bell wrote:Okay,
So you mentioned that the IC could have been Macho right?
But when the IC died that attribute would have been shown. You either chose not to check or felt it would be a good idea not to check or you just couldn't be bothered to check (which is fine, I do the last one all the time and while it annoys other people, it never annoys me when I'm the lazy one!)

Likewise, your speculation that Muffin would have changed his mind on meta and that's why he was killed doesn't make sense, seems self-serving and doesn't truly engage it appears narrow minded.

You only suck that hard if you're scum this game tho.
And even then, you're what Toogooloo would describe as the scum that everyone knew was scum but somehow never got eliminated anyway.
And it's not like *I* can talk about having a horrible scum game I live in a glass dog house in that respect.

Uh, play style could certainly be a thing. But I felt you were fine in Boonie toons comparatively.
well idk, protagonist seemed like a flavored role to me, like, non-normal, so it seemed logical that it could be more than an IC

like, i would've seen it as "welcome, you are the protagonist, you may at any point in the game reveal yourself as the leader of TENET, this will cause you to not be able to be protected from kills"

well, i'm trying to be as broad minded as i can but to me that's how this kill makes sense so idk... at least it got some discussion going

boonie was one of my better games so idk i'm pretty inconsistent, how do you feel about this one? : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84770

still would like to get an example of what's bad with me
Just skimming that link you're more confrontational, engaged, and willing to take stances in that thread versus this one. Even the set up spec is less shoe-horned in.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And I want to say

This isn't me pushing the problem away

I've been caught up, involved in both threads

I think our best bet for today is inverse thread
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 6349, Dunnstral wrote:ok, ok.

I'm at the point where I want to eliminate someone from the inverse thread, in this thread.

That is, turnstile someone over here so we can eliminate them in this thread, and also eliminate someone from that thread in that thread

i've not been following inverted too much but maybe we could turnstile back someone we turstiled out of fowards? reason we didn't exe them was cuz we tried to clear fowards anyways

pedit : lolwhat i didn't even setup spec that game
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6353 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Bell »

In post 40, Gypyx wrote:
In post 24, Staarling wrote:Should the masons claim so the investigative doesn't waste time on them?
Bruh, i'm saying we either got masons or investigatives, not both tht would be busted

Anyways don't take my setup spec too seriously
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 7974, petapan wrote:
In post 7969, skitter30 wrote:
In post 6334, Dunnstral wrote:Skitter your purple room stuff and talking about Dandelion Wine's role stuff both look really scummy
dunn, i have run out of fucks to give, so i don't really care.
either there's scum in dandelion/deacon, or the pair is functionally acting like the 7th and 8th members of the scumteam given how the game has unfolded to this point. this is unpopular take, but true.
if there's scum it's dandelion because the role is literally a scum role
it's quite possibly both of them
it's most definitely not

real life tell in that they stayed up a little too late doing solvey stuff, and they don't go that far if they're both scum fooling just me
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 6353, Bell wrote:
In post 40, Gypyx wrote:
In post 24, Staarling wrote:Should the masons claim so the investigative doesn't waste time on them?
Bruh, i'm saying we either got masons or investigatives, not both tht would be busted

Anyways don't take my setup spec too seriously
ah yeah that
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Hench Princesses »

I'm at the point where I want to eliminate someone from the inverse thread, in this thread.

That is, turnstile someone over here so we can eliminate them in this thread, and also eliminate someone from that thread in that thread
You think sb9 and annie are town then? We already have 2 people from that timeline. I can agree with wanting both flips today to be from same starting timeline. but if anything it'd be 3-5% more effective for them to ts pooky back so we could flip a50 in inverted and pooky here since our starting timeline has one fewer slot alive at this point. Mathematically double flipping our starting timeline would be best odds for tomorrow.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I wasn't looking at starting thread, I consider a50 and pooky to be part of inverse

And I'm leaning town. Talk to me more about Annie tomorrow
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:42 am

Sb9?

Also I think I just realized why cakez dodged the multitasking question. Some scum are probably only multitasking in one timeline or another
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #6359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 3.5

Brian Skies (2) - Hench Princesses, Bell
superbowl9 (1) - Gypyx
Annie Edison (1) - superbowl9
Gypyx (1) - Brian Skies

Not voting (2) - Dunnstral, Annie Edison

(expired on 2021-01-16 22:32:00) remain until day end

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority.
superbowl9 is V/LA through Sunday.
Bell is V/LA through Thursday.

Turnstile Votecount 3.5

Annie Edison (1) - Dunnstral

Not voting (6) - superbowl9, Hench Princesses, Bell, Brian Skies, Gypyx, Annie Edison

Purple Room Votecount 3.5

Dunnstral (2) - Dunnstral, Brian Skies
Gypyx (1) - Gypyx

Not voting (4) - superbowl9, Hench Princesses, Bell, Annie Edison

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #6360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12488555#p12488555]post 7859[/url], Annie Edison wrote:
In post 7854, Deacon Blues wrote:I feel like I've been trying to maintain the structural integrity of a very muddy dike regarding Cabd's read of you, ever since mid-ish Day 2. And sometimes my certainty erodes.

I can't maintain my read of you and that sucks. :/

I'm not looking forward to it if I survive to be in the same thread with you.
Well I’ve been the pretty consistent wagon today. I think this is a do or die time to get me sorted before we get there? I think we both know I’m making it to tomorrow even if I flip.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Bell »

Cakez, why do you keep quoting Annie?
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6362 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 am

when people post in the wrong thread he quotes the post in the right thread then deletes it
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6363 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Bell »

I see. Thanks.

VOTE: Purple Room Dunnstrall
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6364 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Bell »

@People in the other thread have any of you meta'd Gyphx yet and have an opinion on his play?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6365 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Bell »

@deacon, okay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6366 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Bell »

Phone is almost dead waiting in line for covid shot rhat’s A quarter mile long.

@deacon: oh, i didn’t notice you had asked me about any of my reads. Game moves fast.
Yeah i’ll answer but my phone is at 5%ish so not gunna do that right now.
I could give you the whole history from beginning to end if you’d like.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6367 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:33 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6356, Hench Princesses wrote:

You think sb9 and annie are town then? We already have 2 people from that timeline. I can agree with wanting both flips today to be from same starting timeline. but if anything it'd be 3-5% more effective for them to ts pooky back so we could flip a50 in inverted and pooky here since our starting timeline has one fewer slot alive at this point. Mathematically double flipping our starting timeline would be best odds for tomorrow.
Did I not say this like 10 times and ppl scrumread me for it
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6368 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm

I think your argument was a bit different actually, but mostly you're probably just not cute enough to make that argument, sorry!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6369 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm home (that took for fucking ever) Okay so Skitter!
I'll just begin at the beginning.

So I played with skitter once.
And Mena talked her up.
Mena is...competitive when it comes to mafia so my initial opinion was to be cautious because Mena is a good scum player (imo) I would say that my initial impression was negative and first impressions are super important because often we just start ith first impressions and then run with them and never reevaluate which is bad for obvious reasons. Anyway, at the beginning I roughly speaking trusted Cabd, deacon, etc to have good reads etc so when she was run up for a claim and she claimed watcher, I was like, high value, likely to die...andddd she can't use her ability and people aren't turn stiling her and in general I just thought it was relatively survivalistic in terms of claiming. In addition, I no shit believed Fb's cop claim and a watcher+Cop didn't make sense so I went with initial impressions.

My read on Skitter has varied wildly from post to post. Sometimes I think her posts are super townie, imaginative/creative, couldn't possibly come from scum, has the exasperation right and then she posts something absolutely bonkers. When Dunnstral started mentioning that a doctor/Watcher was a broken combo (and the set up probably wouldn't allow for it) since I know I'm doc, this made it more probable in my view that Skitter was scum, even though she was town reading me through this and the set up speculation. Her read of me was always weak sauce, undefined/refined and felt more like air than that she had actual reasons.

The most recent post that Skitter made that made me think she was scum was her spiffeh unvote, which drove me up the wall.
Her most recent town post was the set up speculation on Dandilion, this does not in anyway mean I agree with her that their role is scum or even scum aligned or "a scum role" or whatever, I have no fucking clue. Obviously Cabd and I aren't scum together. But I do think that it's an imaginative, creative push that is outside the box for scum to push even though she did need to push back at them due to their recent positioning shift. I do not know what caused their shift on Skitter to occur I also read somewhere here that Skitter started calling me mafia and shifted position but I haven't read that either.
Anyway, the point being is that I don't think with the bodyguard, role blocker + doctor. That a watcher makes as much sense as a tracker would.
I do not think A50 has been inredibly Townie this game or, really, is ever really incredibly townie.

I think in general I want to emphasize that I haven't been paying close attention to the other thread. I kept pushing for Skitter's elimination because I felt that Dunnstral was not wrong on his role speculation only that, because I KNOW I'm a town doctor that it's more likely that Skitter is scum regardless of posting and I do think they have a strong will power to them that would allow them to keep fighting for as long as necessary to change their situation or keep themselves alive.

The tracker has a lot of false positives while a watcher seems OP.
On the other fuckinghand.
The role speculation and conclusions we've tried to reach this game has been *AWFUL*
with titus and S_S getting yeeted in part because their role seemed to already be in the 'ideal' position.

There's something to be said for a neighborhoodizer/lover pair thingy and how that might effect their perception of the claim.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm a literal waffle. Bite me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6370 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Bell »

I feel like I just had a stroke and failed to articulate myself.
I'm tired today.
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6371 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6372 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

As I said, I think they feel a bit too lost to be scum this game. Also I had a feeling that scum weren't pushing at me this game so their actions didn't feel scum motivated
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6373 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Bell »

Huh, I would have expected you to point out that SB9 made a lot of enemies and he really didn't need to as scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6374 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6367, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6356, Hench Princesses wrote:

Did I not say this like 10 times and ppl scrumread me for it
I didn't understand why you were saying it, and you had different reasoning. Also it felt like a distraction at the time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”