He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 524, RLotus wrote:
In post 522, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 521, RLotus wrote:Nah Italiano bites back when he gets scumread as town, the defeatism is the nail in the coffin imo
It’s rare that I find Scum giving up D1. I’ve yet to see it on this forum. I don’t find that a “nail in the coffin” at all.
He said himself that he isn't good at scum and gets caught easily, I think the defeatism makes perfect sense for him as scum here.
We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Talk to me about Elements. Because I’m seriously questioning anyone with a TR there. I don’t know - I’ve said this multiple times, I don’t know that I’m good enough to spot Scum D1 and be accurate. But I really want someone to tell me why I should TR there.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 523, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 519, Dunnstral wrote:why testarossa town?
I read all of their posts and thought they made sense. I mean it’s early right I don’t have that much confidence that one is right. But I wasn’t particularly pinged. If anything I’m finding pushes there a bit opportunistic, and maybe that’s informing my read too.
You said you found yourself agreeing with what RTP said about testa, but RTP said their read on her was based on meta. So what exactly do you find yourself agreeing with?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 526, RLotus wrote:
In post 523, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 519, Dunnstral wrote:why testarossa town?
I read all of their posts and thought they made sense. I mean it’s early right I don’t have that much confidence that one is right. But I wasn’t particularly pinged. If anything I’m finding pushes there a bit opportunistic, and maybe that’s informing my read too.
You said you found yourself agreeing with what RTP said about testa, but RTP said their read on her was based on meta. So what exactly do you find yourself agreeing with?
I found myself agreeing with RTP’s view of slots in general. Not the specific reasons behind them necessarily.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 525, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 521, RLotus wrote:Nah Italiano bites back when he gets scumread as town, the defeatism is the nail in the coffin imo
It’s rare that I find Scum giving up D1. I’ve yet to see it on this forum. I don’t find that a “nail in the coffin” at all.
He said himself that he isn't good at scum and gets caught easily, I think the defeatism makes perfect sense for him as scum here.

Talk to me about Elements. Because I’m seriously questioning anyone with a TR there. I don’t know - I’ve said this multiple times, I don’t know that I’m good enough to spot Scum D1 and be accurate. But I really want someone to tell me why I should TR there.
Nothing they've done really sticks out to me, nothing out of the ordinary. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a reason they are town, but they are kinda just null in my eyes.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 528, RLotus wrote:

Nothing they've done really sticks out to me, nothing out of the ordinary. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a reason they are town, but they are kinda just null in my eyes.
Really? Because I called them Scummy, put a vote down there, and haven’t been around much (though I’ve been trying to pay attention specifically to how certain slots are interacting with each other), and they called me Towny because others said so? And why would they like my take on GC/Duchess when it directly contradicts how they reacted to interactions there (by putting a vote down on Duchess). Does that make any sense to you at all?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

And what I had put down for Testa was that I got positive vibes from them doubting a TR on them in . But it’s weak right they just haven’t been around enough to form a strong enough view.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Also pinged me from Lunar. I don’t agree with their view on GC and I think this is easily a post Scum could make.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 529, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 528, RLotus wrote:

Really? Because I called them Scummy, put a vote down there, and haven’t been around much (though I’ve been trying to pay attention specifically to how certain slots are interacting with each other), and they called me Towny because others said so? And why would they like my take on GC/Duchess when it directly contradicts how they reacted to interactions there (by putting a vote down on Duchess). Does that make any sense to you at all?
Tbf I'm pretty sure he said he changed his mind on Duchess before calling you town. Idk, you could be right. I don't see that as blatantly scummy.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 531, Andresvmb wrote:Also pinged me from Lunar. I don’t agree with their view on GC and I think this is easily a post Scum could make.
It seems like most of your scum reads are based on them having reads you disagree with
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I just can’t for the life of me see how they arrived at that wall with all of their views. I just don’t see it. Who knows maybe they’re right and I’m trash. I have found myself in a few games viewing things the complete opposite way. But you know what? Harumi seemed okay to me. Admitting that a lot of the players were null to them seemed honest to me. Not an attempt at leaving themselves open to just doing whatever - just honest. And Dunn is way too aggressive in their retort to VPB when coming back for Scum. I have been wrong about this before, so take it with a grain of salt. But Dunn
does not seem to give a crap
. Could it be coming from Scum? Yeah, sure. For now I don’t think so.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 533, RLotus wrote:
In post 531, Andresvmb wrote:Also pinged me from Lunar. I don’t agree with their view on GC and I think this is easily a post Scum could make.
It seems like most of your scum reads are based on them having reads you disagree with
Yeah. It’s how I tend to go about D1’s. Anybody who seems to be pushing the game in a direction I can’t follow is usually on my shit list.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by RLotus »

Hmm I suppose I don't but much weight into whether I agree or disagree with someone's reads unless the way they got to those reads is unreasonable.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 535, Andresvmb wrote:
Yeah. It’s how I tend to go about D1’s. Anybody who seems to be pushing the game in a direction I can’t follow is usually on my shit list.
Thinking about it, this probably makes you pretty easy to pocket haha
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 537, RLotus wrote:
In post 535, Andresvmb wrote:
Thinking about it, this probably makes you pretty easy to pocket haha
It takes a while for me to form a hardened view of the game. So I don’t think so. You’ll see me constantly flip flop if things are going haywire, and I try to stay independent as much as I can. I also constantly re-evaluate based on new information. It’s really rare that I’ll carry a wrong read from D1 all the way to the end. In fact I’ve yet to do it in the 8 games I’ve played here.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by RLotus »

Fair enough
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

i like the recent string of andres posting but im still wary of being pocketed - unfortunately im feeling a n1 coming my way if i am being pocketed LOL

i guess ill just go back to - if andres lives too long = scum like our last game read on them.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:28 pm

for italiano, i tend to judge a baseline skill level for scum as how comfortable are you as the alignment? if you say things like "oh no i hate being scum" in the scum chat, i will assume you are bad at scum, while italiano said they are bad at lying in the following quote from our scum chat in open 799 they never said they were bad. said they dont LIKE being scum but thats not a terrible reaction and they were relaxed when they said it. plus they weren't too stressed about being wagoned d1 (well it was a 3 hour wagon LOL).

Subject: Open 799 Mafioso
ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 2, DkKoba wrote:Also how good are u at scum.
Im good but i have trouble maintaininf threads of thought over longterm
Hola. :] This is my 3rd scum game on site (1-1), could’ve been 2-0, but it came down to lylo. Outside of mafiascum.net, I’ve played the werewolf variation of mafia on a boxing site since 2006, so I’m pretty good at scum, although I don’t like very much. I can’t lie. :lol:
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 108, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 81, Green Crayons wrote:so in your mind, VD, you're a bad scum player because you were meme quick-eliminated in RVS?
Uh uh. That’s not directly correlated. To me, I’m a bad scum player because I don’t like being scum and have a hard time lying and generally get caught in some way because of it.
Interestingly that contradicts what he said in this game
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:31 pm

well well well he did say he is a bad liar :P
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

After being away from this game I gotta say it’s a little awkward coming back in :eek: Just to be clear though, I meant every word I wrote in my last post.

However I want to get back in the game and try to figure things out. Whether I’m scumread or not is not important anymore because I will be an asset to the town and my towniness will eventually shine through. Now anyone can ask me anything or they don’t have to.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I’d like to break down , but it’s late and I’ll do it tomorrow?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Italiano, can you respond specifically to this contradiction Lotus has highlighted around your own views of your scum ability?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

Is it bad that I'm sensing a potential pocket/manipulation strategy from andres? Might just be me though.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 547, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Is it bad that I'm sensing a potential pocket/manipulation strategy from andres? Might just be me though.
You mean him trying to pocket you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 547, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Is it bad that I'm sensing a potential pocket/manipulation strategy from andres? Might just be me though.
And who do you think I’m trying to pocket exactly? Because if I was Scum, and I’m looking at the landscape, I would be trying to pocket those that have thrown Town Reads my way (say those that felt positively after my first real entrance), and perhaps appeasing those that know me best (excluding Koba who I know for instance is most suspicious of stuff like that). I don’t need to pocket you Harumi I’m sorry to say, particularly since you’re gathering some votes and don’t have a strong presence in the game yet.
If you’re going to throw stuff my way, I would like for you to think through what the Scum motivation is. Because right now all I’m seeing is paranoia, but not a whole lot of sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”