Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

- maybe i'm predisposed to midway's style, but I don't see anything wrong with this post or midway generally. i liked his entrance to this game and this seems aligned with that in terms of thoughtful posting.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 710, Elements wrote:VOTE: elements
it'll do no such thing!
would vote based on this alone
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 740, Battle Mage wrote:you need to read through your iso to answer this question? I'd
To illustrate - for me, I tend to lurk more often as scum. So when I'm town and not lurking, I'll roll out that legit meta. But obviously if I'm scum and lurking, and someone asks my meta, I'd need to come up with something slightly different. If you were scum here, making high quality sorting posts, how would you self-meta?
BM: why this?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

quote got messed up. just starting from the "To illustrate" point is what I'm asking why about.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 746, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 704, Datisi wrote:didn't you say you had too many scumreads earlier?

also ok, but how are you coming to partnered / associate reads then?
Their interactions with each other suggest it, even recently GC outted an unsubstantiated townread on elements
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

i can't do reasonably sized images, not sorry
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Can't keep up with this game
Feel free to direct me towards any questions
Some things I have picked up on:
-Agree for now that Battle Mage's confidence is indicative of town him
-Think VPB's pushes and his willingness to move votes is not alignment indicative. I think I remember him being similar in a towngame.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 751, Battle Mage wrote:I'd argue your play here much more closely resembles your depiction of your scum-meta than your town-meta. One might suggest you put in lots of effort early, until you realised you could get away with less.
Agree with this take-away about Element's play aligning with self-proclaimed scum meta.

Would Elements!scum knowingly do that to make himself less suspicious by purposefully framing himself as more suspicious?

Anything's possible I suppose. But it relies on some hopes and contingencies that scum might not want to trust. But also is town really going to go "ah hah, you have outted yourself as scum via meta, let's elim!" Prob not. Teeny tiny town points for Elements.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 786, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:I feel as though if i am right on elements/GC then datisi/vp contain last maf based on how quick they both reacted to my fos on those 2 - please sheep this if both elements and GC indeed flip scum.
In post 787, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:Oh and BM was also weird around it. I forgot about them lol
how many scum do you think there are?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 785, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 780, midwaybear wrote:Wow, so many new posts.
UNVOTE: Dunnstral
I guess Lunar was voting here? Don't want this today.
you really didn't remove Lunar's vote until now? :eek:

i'm gonna keep my eye on you, sunshine! :lol:

VOTE: midwaybear
oh i just saw this post quoted, which reminded me:

BM do you still do smilies when you're scum?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

page 33 is boring. why are VD and Datisi arguing? is one pushing a case on the other? Both? please advise (with something interesting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 844, RLotus wrote:BM’s vote on RTP I’m pretty sure wasn’t meant to be going for an elim or apart of a scum read, but rather hold them accountable for the question he asked. That’s why you and Datisi going onto that wagon looks opportunistic.
can you explain this more because wouldn't BM's lead onto RTP be fickle and so the opportunity would vanish once RTP answered the Q?

i thought the quick one-two RTP votes seemed weird on first pass, but looking at them i don't see anything weird with them themselves, so figured it's just because we don't have a bunch of vote hops/wagons happening yet in this game
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

is interesting. I think it favors RLotus town. he's openly musing about whether two other players already know each other's alignment.

if RL!scum, then he knows their alignment and presumably they are not s/s (otherwise... just why point that out?). So maybe he's trying to push suspicion for interactions without a flip? But that should rightly go nowhere until a flip, and then (presuming t/t) would definitely go nowhere. plus we all get to yell at him for trying to make associative calls before a flip, and his reads might take a hit in credibility. bad for RL!scum.

Now if Baltar/Datisi is s/t, maybe it's a long-term backup strat if the s gets flipped? Maybe.

My other thought is that maybe RL!scum would be trying to signal to scum a potential t/t connection (mason, etc.)--but all PTs have daytalk, so no need to signal in thread.

not impossible for RL!scum to make 871, but think it more likely points to town just because I don't know what it gets RL!scum and seems to be more negative.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

i'm going to stop at p 35, goodnight you heathens.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 988, VP Baltar wrote:This isn't disney world on your birthday. No free passes.

Anyhow, what do you think of Lotus' case on me?
It looked fair to me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1014, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 988, VP Baltar wrote:This isn't disney world on your birthday. No free passes.

It looked fair to me.
So what this means is you're reading the game and intentionally choosing not to post about it, as opposed to just casually lurking because you don't feel like efforting.

I reiterate, how is one supposed to tell your town and scum lurking apart?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Official Vote Count 1.07

Barbican Estate, London

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

Elements (4): Andresvmb, Duchess, Reformed Toxic Player, Dunnstral
Reformed Toxic Player (2): Battle Mage, Datisi
midwaybear (1): ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD (1): Harumi Ayasato
VP Baltar (1): RLotus
RLotus (1): VP Baltar

Not Voting
(3): midwaybear, Green Crayons, Elements

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-02-28 21:49:12).

Mod notes: Still searching for a replacement for Harumi Ayasato
[/area]
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1015, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1014, Dunnstral wrote:

It looked fair to me.
So what this means is you're reading the game and intentionally choosing not to post about it, as opposed to just casually lurking because you don't feel like efforting.

I reiterate, how is one supposed to tell your town and scum lurking apart?
I went back and looked at it when you asked for my opinion.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1004, Green Crayons wrote:

Their interactions with each other suggest it, even recently GC outted an unsubstantiated townread on elements
why do you townread elements?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

In post 1018, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1004, Green Crayons wrote:

why do you townread elements?
i need to be stopped
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:54 pm

GC, who are your townreads outside of elements btw?

I get the distinct feeling ur tryna widen PoE and are taking no effort in taking a stance + narrow it down btw.

(I'm not the only one who sees this in their postings, right? like the amount of vague stuff that amounts to "this is NAI" or "this might be this" kinda stuff but no like solid conviction either way)
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1020, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:GC, who are your townreads outside of elements btw?

I get the distinct feeling ur tryna widen PoE and are taking no effort in taking a stance + narrow it down btw.

(I'm not the only one who sees this in their postings, right? like the amount of vague stuff that amounts to "this is NAI" or "this might be this" kinda stuff but no like solid conviction either way)
Do you think this is unusual for GC?
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 991, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 989, Duchess wrote:"Absent" implies absolutely nothing except that they were not posting. This could be lurking, real life issues, whatever. But there was never any ambiguity about their absence. They fled when I caught them online and addressed them directly after already ignoring 2 of my questions in a row and drawing the ire of my vote, all while continuing to interact with my wagon from the sidelines. Elements has admitted to deliberately ignoring me. I voiced a great deal of frustration about it. If you're willing to throw out a completely uninformed comment like that, then I cannot trust any other stances you take, minor as it may be. From the rest of your posting, though, and the way you approached RTP in that one post, I would much sooner believe that an unsubstantiated claim like that comes from scum trying to shake things up rather than town who simply missed 100% of the context around another slot and still chose to comment on it anyway.
I honestly don't remember you "catching" elements lurking or whatever. I'll be real with you though: you write a lot of words to say very little, so it's possible I skimmed some bullshit from you that looked boring. My bad.

If you'd like to reiterate your elements case, I'm listening.
What's your goal in discrediting my play here? I dare you to find a single other player in this game who thinks I have said "very little". Sure I'm not concise but to say I haven't done anything is a big dirty fucking lie.

Since you still haven't answered me, I'm going to have to dig up every time you've mentioned my fight with GC to show how consistently you have sat on that fence all game. I'm chalking this straight up as a refusal to answer, by the way, because last time you claimed to have already answered when I clearly wasn't satisfied with that answer, and now you've just entirely cropped my post. I'm disappointed, I didn't think you would be the type of scum player to start dodging questions under an ounce of pressure.
In post 992, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 305, Duchess wrote:See , Elements.
You're saying this post is where you "caught" elements lurking?
Let me make something clear: you are the one putting emphasis on the "caught". I said I caught them online like how you catch the last half of your favourite movie on Showtime, or when you tell a friend you'll catch 'em later. For some reason you are latching onto that detail and running a mile with it, making it out like I claimed to have caught Al Capone.
In post 993, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 989, Duchess wrote:I voiced a great deal of frustration about it.
What other posts did you make that you were expressing frustration?
I continued to try to directly engage Elements and eventually tried to rally for pressure votes. There is only so much you can do on an online forum to get someone's attention. I didn't have any sort of big angry emotional post or anything because I was trying to get them to respond, not scare them out of the thread. But it was extremely frustrating to me in the moment.
In post 994, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 989, Duchess wrote:Don't put words in my mouth. I don't like the preemptive defensiveness here one bit.
Boo hoo.

I'm trying to figure out a reason why town!duchess would make such a wonky and pointless argument.
I'm not sure what you think I'm saying here, but I'm calling you scum, not saying you've hurt my feelings.

If you're not scum, you shouldn't have to resort to arbitrarily discrediting my push to prove it. Answer my questions or eat rope.

UNVOTE: Elements

VOTE: VP Baltar
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1011, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 844, RLotus wrote:BM’s vote on RTP I’m pretty sure wasn’t meant to be going for an elim or apart of a scum read, but rather hold them accountable for the question he asked. That’s why you and Datisi going onto that wagon looks opportunistic.
can you explain this more because wouldn't BM's lead onto RTP be fickle and so the opportunity would vanish once RTP answered the Q?

i thought the quick one-two RTP votes seemed weird on first pass, but looking at them i don't see anything weird with them themselves, so figured it's just because we don't have a bunch of vote hops/wagons happening yet in this game
On the first half, yeah I understand what you're saying, that's a good point. My interpretation was VPB misinterpreted BM's vote and got antsy wanting to get a wagon going.

I still don't like VPB's vote there, because it seems to be a repeating pattern in how he has been playing. Feeling around for a wagon rather than making a solving effort.

Datisi does have precedence to be voting there looking at his interactions with RTP. I do still find it strange how he followed VPB to RTP and doing the same thing before following VPB onto Dunn.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm

In post 1021, RLotus wrote:
In post 1020, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:GC, who are your townreads outside of elements btw?

Do you think this is unusual for GC?
I have not played with GC - this is just general scumhunting.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”