Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3071, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3070, Datisi wrote:i'm rarely the starter of wagons.
Just here or in general?
in general. if i have a really strong read or i believe the Game Situation calls for it, i might try to form something new. but i'm more of a "find town, work along them" kinda guy.

pedit: no parting reads? no calling for someone's head after your flip?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Andres, Dunn, maybe mom after all
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

But actually box on mom bc Andres was leading me tbere
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nix
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

So idk on third
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3074, Green Crayons wrote:Bc it’s true? Idk
I didn't say you were lying. Just seems like why say it at all if it's dead at this point? If we don't yeet you, scum know you're not a threat now and look like more of a liability
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I didn’t think you thought I was lying? I’m saying I don’t see a reason not to say it bc it’s true.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I mean fair point re NK analysis but my mind wasn’t there

My b
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean to be fair, even if he were a full neighbourizer, is that really A Threat to scum?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

This everyone accepting their death thing is a mindfuck
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3060, VP Baltar wrote:Andres, do you think max should claim today? If he's town, he's an obvious NK target.
No it’s not stupid I thought about it too. If maxwell is around say after the hammer has occurred and is twilight, he should consider claiming. I’ll leave it up to them.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3067, VP Baltar wrote:Andres or Lotus, can you point me to the specific post or posts where you went "oh, mom is emotional town"
Yeah I’ll do this now.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2781, Momrangal wrote:DBG and Dunn are town through how they are both playing and I think going after either of them has a massive amount of scum motivation because at this stage scum need to keep their options open.
@VPB what do you make of this btw?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3030, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:

Vote is still on GC in spirit. I want to hear from Lotus and Dunn before we end this day.
I'm still fine with a GC vote
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3058, RLotus wrote:
In post 3056, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3053, RLotus wrote:It looks like were going to be in limlo whatever he flips anyway
Huh?
If GC is scum I die then we are in limlo
Why would you die
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2833, Momrangal wrote:Why so you keep doing this thing of shutting me out instead of actually trying to gauge my actual headspace?

Why do you keep going

NOPE YOU'RE GETTING ELIMINATED THATS IT THATS ALL

Instead of trying to talk things out

No one is holding suspicion of you other than me, why am I so dangerous that you want to not talk to me?
In post 2836, Momrangal wrote:Ok?

Pedit: so what?
In post 2837, Momrangal wrote:
In post 2783, Momrangal wrote:Who should be scum in my perspective?
In post 2842, Momrangal wrote:
I
am the only person suspecting
you

How does his suspicion of me contradict that?
I felt the frustration seeping through these posts in particular.

Look if I’m Scum and I’m trying to hide behind a vote for a say Town voice that is hard to execute (and I definitely think I’m hard to execute), I wouldn’t necessarily feel frustration that the player is Scum Reading me back for it. I just think that would be a difficult emotion to express. However, if I’m Town, and I genuinely believe I’m right (and @Mom, you’re not), that’s exactly what I would feel. And it would only increase the more the player I’m SR’ing pushes me to the side or ignores my questions, like Mom thinks I was doing (and I truly wasn’t, but I was actually frustrated back). If I’m Scum, and I’m facing resistance in my push, maybe I would feel some exasperation or resignation, but this growing frustration that Mom seems to be exhibiting around this time? I don’t know. Probably not. That’s my humble guess.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Like, as Scum, I think I would feel some exasperation at other players for not listening to me. But not at the player I was SR’ing. It would be natural to expect some resistance back from a Town player I’m trying to get executed as Scum. Like yeah, obviously. But Mom’s reaction isn’t that at all.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I don’t know if that makes any sense.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Datisi @VPB I’m still waiting on your more detailed views of the whole game btw.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3087, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2781, Momrangal wrote:DBG and Dunn are town through how they are both playing and I think going after either of them has a massive amount of scum motivation because at this stage scum need to keep their options open.
@VPB what do you make of this btw?
Dgb and Dunn are black holes for me. I've sort of talked myself into thinking they are town, but who the hell actually knows. I'm surprised people have taken such hard town stances on them, but I'm also not playing some amazing game here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3093, Andresvmb wrote:@Datisi @VPB I’m still waiting on your more detailed views of the whole game btw.
Feel like I've sort of been doing that all day. You're looking for like a reads list?
YOUR AD HERE

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3068, Green Crayons wrote:I have a modifier. It’s two shot so I can’t do any more help PR wise anyway
Why would neighborizor be gated?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Here is generally how I feel about everyone off the top of my head:

Andres - I think he's likely town. I have been slightly annoyed at the LAMIST comments, but I think he genuinely believes he's obv town and was correct on our two flips. Sort of makes sense for him to want to lead the charge today as town. Could he be TMIing and big braining by staying off wagons? Sure. That's high level scum play though.

Datisi - Think I gave some pretty clear eval here when looking over the Lotus argument. My read is still town here. He's been a little more sheepy perhaps than in some other games I've seen. But outside the Italiano wagon, I havent seen pushes from him that I've had real struggles with. Overall, probably has slipped from locktown status for me, but I'd still need to see a strong case to yeet there, and I haven't seen that at all.

DGB - lol idk. I thought elements was kind of scummy. I'd suggest we look back at those two D1 wagons again tomorrow when we have more info.

Dunn - Lean town, but really would like to see him follow through on literally any conviction. His non-chalance at pressure is probably town indicative.

GC - I think his response to pressure has been fairly weak. I've outlined his somewhat from the sidelines play. The willingness to die is giving me pause. But seems like everyone is just doing that this game? I made a mental note today that I want to go back and read again the point where he claimed neighborizer. I remember that claim as striking me as a bit unforced at the time, but a reread seems worth it.

Momrangal - Felt BM was town for his consistency and shaking cages D1. Mom is pretty much a nothing burger since getting in this game. I kind of see what andres is saying about the emotion, but I'm not sure I buy that can't be faked. I'd say the scummy side of null here, but I need to do rereading for a yeet there today.

RLotus - This one is a struggle for me. Objectively, he looks scummy as fuck to me. I found his case against Italiano quite bad and tunnely D1 in a way that suggested scum who didn't know what else to do. Despite what andres says, his case against me was fucking awful. It was a lot of misrepresentation and spin that he doubled down on when I pushed. Lotus has also pushed several confirmed town players. BUT BUT BUT, he really didn't need to reconsider on me. I have a hard time seeing that from scum. It could be a pocket attempt. I think Flavor Leaf even suggests playing like that in his much read scum guide. Tunnel the fuck out of a townie, then flip the script and they'll defend you. Still, Lotus' given meta reasoning on me wasn't inaccurate or flimsy. He legit found games where I have reacted badly to townies attacking me. (I mean, I still think I'm right, not sure why the assumption is the attacker is correct....but it is correct to say that I do look suspiciously on people attacking me when I'm town). Where does this put Lotus overall? I don't know. I want to still believe he is town. But if he is town, then like, one or both of Datisi and GC need to be scum? I think Lotus has slid for me a little bit today, but probably still on the town side of the ledger barely until we get some more info.
YOUR AD HERE

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Dodging

Coming back tomorrow
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

okay so i saw andres' request just as i was going to bed and since i have a busy as fk day today i set my alarm an hour earlier to be able to get to that. i hope y'all appreciate what i do for this game

so individual reads, ordered vaguely in the order of town > scum:

baltar/andres
- do i need to make up more reasons why these two are town to me? like i don't see them having a red role pm this game.

baltar is playing transparently townie. i don't think he encourages activity yesterday as scum. he's been plenty active, and his activity is *good* every time he posts. idk if i said it before, but i don't think scum goes "ok i'm sheeping datisi lol" on d1 like that. his responses to pressure are townie. also standing his ground on midway, in response to a growing dunn wagon that he could've easily hopped on as scum under the excuse of "well i suspected dunn earlier too so not my fav but wtv", have him flip green (bc again i'm assuming they're not s/s), then attack midway the next day.

andres is a similar story, except it's mostly his day 3 that sealed it to me. he is right that he does not have to play this way as scum. you can feel the effort he's putting into trying to solve. i didn't love eod1 where he was shading me for my play around italiano, but again, he did not follow up on that all. so why tf make those posts? he didn't have to argue as hard as he did for midway, and his play today falls exactly in line with town who is pissed at yesterday's execution. if this is powerwolfing, then fuck me lol

also also meta that i know of both of them (andres pls don't yell at me) checks out too. like, i'm probably reconsidering these only if i end up in a final 3 with both of them. but also i think if we get to that point, the game will have been lost long before that.

maxwell
- i said it yesterday that i did not love his change of vote from midway onto dunn, because i genuinely did not see how those posts made him change his mind, and i thought it could've been trying to get up dunn to claim / swing the exe onto dunn, then potentially come back to midway later on. and the rest of his game has been *fine*, but also really not impressive. but but but! i stand behind what i said earlier, i really *do not think* that scum locks themself into a power role claim in order to stave pressure off a townie, and a claimed power role at that. so, i'm not considering maxwell unless (1) green flips red (haha) (2) maxwell continues to live as a claimed power role (3) there's something fishy happening in massclaim.

momrangal
- in a vacuum, i do not like this slot anymore. the read on andres is kinda... meh, tunneling someone is an easy way to look busy as scum, and she doesn't seem to have a consistent gameview that ~makes sense~. like, the "who should scum be from my pov then!?" feels like an argument coming from scum who's struggling to figure out their own reads and is getting defensive about it. also i do not subscribe to the emotion argument, because i've been burned too many times bc of scum who shows a glimpse of emotion and i immediately start thinking they're town. however, the question is, *what* is she doing today as scum? tunneling andres, who didn't have much chance of getting executed anyway? blocking off a possible dgb/dunn push? unless she's protecting a partner there, it does not make sense for scum to do that. if there were significant pressure on either of those today, then i'd be more inclined to call this white-knighting, but... there hasn't been.

dunn
- ok this slot is a mess and i'll probably be trying to solve it by other flips / massclaim. i see some vague things that make me thing town (similarly to momrangal, what the fuck is he doing if he's scum here, he obviously gives zero shits, also stuff), and that make me think scum (end of day 1's posturing around italiano/midway), but i don't think i have enough to slot it either way.

green
- there were a few things that rang townie to me. namely, his play around italiano (it felt more nuanced than dunn's, and there were posts on italiano that felt *unneccesary* to make as scum). *however* i do agree his responses to pressure haven't been great, and the fact that he kept lurking while there was a shitfight, but jumped in to defend himself as soon as the pressure started turning on him is not a good look. also looking back, something rings off about him claiming to be scum on andres, but not really attempting to help mom out in that push, and was kinda staying out of that. also i do not like his read on me but maybe i'm being egoistical who knows

dgb
- this one is another mess. in retrospect, elements did ring scummy a couple of times to me (namely eod1 was a weird play around italiano, their point on cookie was weird and i don't think we ever got an answer to what duchess' reads post was cookie apparently imitating, bc i did not find it, and the dropout of the game isn't great), and dgb kinda... does not improve the slot. the thing still i hate the most is the apparent wagon hoping right after a slot claims (did it with cookie, then with midway). and while i believe it on being burned out from mafia, i think that is overall nai (as it's a site-wide thing), and the actions it did do in the game aren't townie, and can be excused from guilt that way.

lotus
- i've talked about this already. i do not think his push on me today comes from *convinced town who is trying to get his scumread executed*, because he consistently failed to properly explain important parts of his push (how has my solving throughout the game apparently been fake, esp as he was townreading me for it up until today, what tf does hooking people into answering mean), refused to say which of my games did he apparently look at, didn't seem to care that his hard town looked at his case on me, and came away with "idk datisi still town tho". also he was undermining his own wrong pushes/reads on town, while hyping up mine.

ok, where does that leave us?

my preference for yeeting is bottom up. obviously i see i'm not getting that today. i'm fine w green eating the yeet.

if green were to flip town: scum is 3 out of {momrangal, dgb, dunn, lotus}. off the top of my head, i'm not sure who the town in there would be, and would hope massclaim would help us out here. looking back at vc's that baltar posted earlier... i'm torn between the last town being dgb or lotus. dunn is like... poe, and he did have a bad vote on green on sod2, idk lol. mom also had a weird-ish vote on green on d2. i remember elements' eod1 being kinda weird for scum if they're not partnered with green, as they were refusing to vote for him even as their wagon was building. lotus i would have to reset on again bc he did defend green consistently.

if green were to flip red: partners are most likely lotus > dgb > momrangal > dunn imo. max is... there somewhere, he would have to be looked at through massclaim because locking yourself in a power role claim like he did is pretty bold as scum. i don't think eod1 clears him, as green jumped on his wagon when it was utterly dead (me and ele had already jumped off, italiano was on 5). but this is neither here nor there.

ok my class started half an hour ago and i should prob pay attention to that properly now
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”