osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 533, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 486, osuka wrote:you default to townreading people? what the fuck???
I will not argue against the wisdom of the legal system; it's "innocent until proven guilty" for good reasons.
In post 484, osuka wrote:
In post 449, Robert M Hunter wrote:Upon seeing more
Anya
posts, I am less confident in my earlier town read; her iso feels like someone spinning her heels.
explain
In post 449, Robert M Hunter wrote:
Green Crayons
' posting is opaque to me, for lack of a better word. I would say... it feels like there's an agenda somewhere, but it's being hidden, resulting in voids in the flow of ideas. How poetic was that?
so... you think this slot is scum? why are you being so soft on gc?
In post 449, Robert M Hunter wrote:Surprise, I'm (cautiously still) moving
Pawn
out of the litter box into the kitten drawer. I see a whole lot of attention-grabbing terrible logic and cornered animal lashing out. His bad pushes get backlash but he doubles down like a townie instead of letting go like a good little scum.
why does doubling down make him townie? do you think pawn vs lemons is tvt? tvs? svs?
In post 449, Robert M Hunter wrote:
Salsabil Faria.
I have formed an opinion on this player slot but it could be the kind of reason that will get me modkilled.
what the fuck?
In post 449, Robert M Hunter wrote:I've grown to like
Save The Dragons
as town so I will move this player from "ambiguous" to "kitten."
explain
Re: Anya - my evaluation is subjective and I can only provide more subjective wording. Superficial? Light? Not getting down to the grit? I hope to have more clarity as the game advances.

Re: Green Crayons. Am I really soft? Andante is higher in my scum priorities right now. But point taken, I should harass, bother and annoy Green Crayons more. It's now on my to-do list.

Re: Pawn - doubling down
may
make him more town than scum. I could also say it doesn't make him auto-scum for it. I keep a open mind that this player may have rolled town.

Re: Salsabil - 'nuff said.

Re: STD - gut.
this is a terrible post disguised as mediocre

you sidestepped my prompt about your anya read. you just found different words to say exactly the same thing as before. So instead of asking you to explain, now i'm asking you to elaborate

in regards to green crayons: why not push both? there's only limited time on the day so instead of sticking it in a fucking to-do list why don't you just actually go do it if you think you have a reason to? why on earth do i have to tell you to push your scumreads?

in regards to salsabil: why are you angleshooting? if there truly is something that you would say that would get you modkilled, why the fuck would you point that out? what's the purpose of that? this is ridiculous

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

In post 574, osuka wrote:
I will not argue against the wisdom of the legal system; it's "innocent until proven guilty" for good reasons.
In post 571, osuka wrote:
In post 487, osuka wrote:this is amateur hour
let's see how many times i have to quote that over the course of the game
Since you are displeased with other people's answers. please take the time to illuminate us with your wisdom, which hopefully include the correct and "professional" answer to the question.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 538, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 535, InsidiousLemons wrote:you can't have "grown to like" STD and then say "gut" when asked why. are you people allergic to providing specific post numbers? or even any general explanation of the kind of behaviour that makes you lean town on him?
I did provide post numbers in earlier posts, so no I am not allergic. I certainly
can
have grown to like a player as town on "gut feeling"

This post viewtopic.php?p=12706508#p12706508 comes chronologically after my evaluation but the vote for Andante makes me irrationally happy.

My STD read could absolutely be wrong, so one can say on this DAY 1, it's a
light
town read.

My "strategy for developing reads" does not meet your approval: viewtopic.php?p=12706546#p12706546 but you are very generous to call it a "strategy." I acknowledge that players town-tell as well, and it's an important aspect of the hunt.
gut is ok, but you need to at least be able to provide a timeframe in which that happened (whether it's a range of posts, a game day, or whatever). if you can't do that, then your comment is completely useless and we're all better off without it

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:01 pm

In post 575, osuka wrote:
Re: Anya - my evaluation is subjective and I can only provide more subjective wording. Superficial? Light? Not getting down to the grit? I hope to have more clarity as the game advances.

Re: Green Crayons. Am I really soft? Andante is higher in my scum priorities right now. But point taken, I should harass, bother and annoy Green Crayons more. It's now on my to-do list.

Re: Pawn - doubling down
may
make him more town than scum. I could also say it doesn't make him auto-scum for it. I keep a open mind that this player may have rolled town.

Re: Salsabil - 'nuff said.

Re: STD - gut.
this is a terrible post disguised as mediocre

you sidestepped my prompt about your anya read. you just found different words to say exactly the same thing as before. So instead of asking you to explain, now i'm asking you to elaborate

in regards to green crayons: why not push both? there's only limited time on the day so instead of sticking it in a fucking to-do list why don't you just actually go do it if you think you have a reason to? why on earth do i have to tell you to push your scumreads?

in regards to salsabil: why are you angleshooting? if there truly is something that you would say that would get you modkilled, why the fuck would you point that out? what's the purpose of that? this is ridiculous[/quote]

I am noticing that no matter how players answer your question, they excite your ire. This leads me to believe that your inquiries are theater.

What are your current reads and evaluations of each player? Thanks.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 515, Anya wrote:it makes him town because a wolf would just make up a reason and not actually have one from earlier while town might've had and forgotten one
In post 552, Asteria wrote:
In post 513, osuka wrote:
In post 510, Anya wrote:
In post 459, Robert M Hunter wrote:Dear Lemons,

Regarding osuka, I certainly have no reason to think they are scum at the moment, so they are a default town read. It's as simple as that. Like any default read, it is open to be revisited if I hear them squeak. In the meantime, I am enjoying their posts.

You could be right about Pawn, and I could be wrong. You may have a point with the part about "wanting to look confident but scared to overcommit."

I actually forget why I read VFB as town, but I iso'd everyone in alphabetical order so I read all his posts and made that conclusion. I am bit sleepy right now but I'll be glad to check again tomorrow.
i think this hunter is town for the last paragraph
why on earth does the last paragraph make him town?
Scum are often more likely to come up with a reason than admit to forgetting why
holy shit is there an echo in this game? why is anya pushing her own echo???

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 560, Asteria wrote:
In post 530, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 29, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: Asteria

I got a check N0 - this is Scum.

Hello all. I intend to try my best and fail to properly solve the game until it’s too late. That’s been the theme for me lately.

@Osuka, good to see you. Let’s try and work together this time, right?
This could be an attempt to come out of the gate loud and attention grabby. Not a huge point against him but it raises my hackles a little. Plus he's buddying up to you and continues to do so in later posts without knowing your alignment if town.
Thank you!
???????????????????????????????????????????????

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 567, Asteria wrote:Also looks to me like you decided my response would be nonsense before I even responded.
has it occurred to you that a lot of posts actually are nonsense?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 578, Robert M Hunter wrote:I am noticing that no matter how players answer your question, they excite your ire. This leads me to believe that your inquiries are theater.

What are your current reads and evaluations of each player? Thanks.
i haven't gotten tilted in this game yet so really nothing has invoked my ire

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by osuka »

in plist order from op:

1. haschel hasn't posted enough for me to get a read on that slot
2. salsabil hasn't posted enough for me to get a read on that slot, but she did have a complete meltdown at the slightest provocation. that's not really good for telling alignment in a void, which is where that slot otherwise stands
3. andante doesn't have much content but that slot is really defensive in a way that feels funny to me
5. anya says things that feel really out of place somewhat constantly but i'm not sure that's indicative of scummy misdirection or actually just a symptom of deep confusion
6. andres is probably town
7. pawns plays in a way that i think is really strange and phrases things very weird, but i'm not sure he's scum. i think this is squarely in null territory because i've seen really stupid shit and pretty sensible posts coming out of this slot
8. robert constantly says the dumbest shit on the planet and honestly this could be scum playing stupid, but i'm not too sure yet. i don't think this is good d1 exec material
9. i wanna interact with lemons a bit more before i make up my mind on this slot. it's really foggy right now
10. std can be town for now because the content out of that slot is largely sensible and feels natural
11. vfp also constantly says the dumbest shit on the planet and they god pissed at me for seemingly no reason, but it didnt feel like it was a scummy push - just a stupid one. not particularly towny but not my first exec choice
12. gc is a weird slot that says correct things but i'm afraid some of them might be iioa. i want to iso this slot at some point
13. asteria makes nearly zero sense to me and i will try to interact more with this slot, because at the moment i can barely make sense of anything they say, let alone the slot's alignment. this is a weird slot because it's hard to understand the thought process, assuming there is one, so it's extremely difficult to infer purpose and intent

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 576, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 574, osuka wrote:
In post 571, osuka wrote:
In post 487, osuka wrote:this is amateur hour
let's see how many times i have to quote that over the course of the game
Since you are displeased with other people's answers. please take the time to illuminate us with your wisdom, which hopefully include the correct and "professional" answer to the question.
okay so let me break it down for you in smaller words

assuming people are town is a shit way to play the game

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by osuka »

also daddy

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Andante »

if I'm being completely honest, I wrote down the 13 names this morning, and called it a day... lmao, there's a lot of cool names in this bunch, lots of A's too, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't recall anything specific from anyone, which means I'd actually have to ISO people... I was joking about 13 ISOs lmao, I'm just gonna catch up real quick though
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 517, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 507, Anya wrote:did insidious just ignore the fact he ever voted me or i voted him and go on to flay pawniard?
nope, i addressed your vote on me in . pawns' (continued) hostility and caginess about sharing his opinions/naming names is much more scummy to me than a possible diversion tactic early D1. would still like to know what you thought you were accomplishing, though

i agree with your point in that an "i forgot" seems slightly more likely to come from town in this scenario than scum, but not by a lot. i don't think that alone would be enough for me to base a townread off of.

This feels to me like pawn and lemons are not partners. lmaoo very helpful contribution from me I know
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

i skimmed the early posts by him but he seems less aggressive in the linked game.
In post 168, Andresvmb wrote:It was more to try and have people react to my play, which was more aggressive than usual.
it's weird that he calls it out in this game, not sure where i land on that yet.

In the linked game there's a level of defeatism in some of his posts like "eh, I suck at day one" which is replaced by bravado here ("it's going to be a long game, isn't it?"). I thought he said something similar in our game about day 1 but I can't find it now. whatever

the point is i'm not sure this helps his case in my eyes, is there something more specific (or at least a synthesized blurb) you are pointing to with his early behavior that matches the behavior in our game here?

can you elaborate on your town read of andres for me?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 586, Andante wrote:if I'm being completely honest, I wrote down the 13 names this morning, and called it a day... lmao, there's a lot of cool names in this bunch, lots of A's too, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't recall anything specific from anyone, which means I'd actually have to ISO people... I was joking about 13 ISOs lmao, I'm just gonna catch up real quick though
you do realize we have a limited amount of time here right

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Andante »

And after that thing I quoted, I really don't wanna get Andres/Anya today, I love #520 from Andres, sounds like genuine frustrated town, and reminds me of how I react when people are pushing for no logical reason. Then immediately after that, #521, I just like that line from Anya
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 589, osuka wrote:
In post 586, Andante wrote:if I'm being completely honest, I wrote down the 13 names this morning, and called it a day... lmao, there's a lot of cool names in this bunch, lots of A's too, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't recall anything specific from anyone, which means I'd actually have to ISO people... I was joking about 13 ISOs lmao, I'm just gonna catch up real quick though
you do realize we have a limited amount of time here right
I'm well aware, I'm just not gonna do what I initially wanted, just relax, I'll find someone tonight I'm cool with voting out
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 588, Save The Dragons wrote:
i skimmed the early posts by him but he seems less aggressive in the linked game.
In post 168, Andresvmb wrote:It was more to try and have people react to my play, which was more aggressive than usual.
it's weird that he calls it out in this game, not sure where i land on that yet.

In the linked game there's a level of defeatism in some of his posts like "eh, I suck at day one" which is replaced by bravado here ("it's going to be a long game, isn't it?"). I thought he said something similar in our game about day 1 but I can't find it now. whatever

the point is i'm not sure this helps his case in my eyes, is there something more specific (or at least a synthesized blurb) you are pointing to with his early behavior that matches the behavior in our game here?

can you elaborate on your town read of andres for me?
maybe he's just been playing with me a lot? i've been told that i give off a vibe of someone who thinks they're surrounded by idiots, but that's because i do feel like i'm constantly surrounded by idiots

ill get some post numbers for you here in just a sec

Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

In post 583, osuka wrote:11. vfp also constantly says the dumbest shit on the planet and they god pissed at me for seemingly no reason, but it didnt feel like it was a scummy push - just a stupid one. not particularly towny but not my first exec choice
12. gc is a weird slot that says correct things but i'm afraid some of them might be iioa. i want to iso this slot at some point
13. asteria makes nearly zero sense to me and i will try to interact more with this slot, because at the moment i can barely make sense of anything they say, let alone the slot's alignment. this is a weird slot because it's hard to understand the thought process, assuming there is one, so it's extremely difficult to infer purpose and intent
Can you flesh these out since you're so smart?
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm

osuka why are you letting the lurkers slide?
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 579, osuka wrote:
In post 515, Anya wrote:it makes him town because a wolf would just make up a reason and not actually have one from earlier while town might've had and forgotten one
In post 510, Anya wrote:

Regarding osuka, I certainly have no reason to think they are scum at the moment, so they are a default town read. It's as simple as that. Like any default read, it is open to be revisited if I hear them squeak. In the meantime, I am enjoying their posts.

You could be right about Pawn, and I could be wrong. You may have a point with the part about "wanting to look confident but scared to overcommit."

I actually forget why I read VFB as town, but I iso'd everyone in alphabetical order so I read all his posts and made that conclusion. I am bit sleepy right now but I'll be glad to check again tomorrow.
Scum are often more likely to come up with a reason than admit to forgetting why
I reply in order so I didn't see Anya's post yet
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Andante »

On page 22,
I'm leaning Pawn town, like, 545, 547, 548 are just random lines, and we're not at the random phase of the game so that feels towny to me.

Lemons is town

Asteria/Dragons feel sus
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 580, osuka wrote:
In post 560, Asteria wrote:
In post 530, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 29, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: Asteria

I got a check N0 - this is Scum.

Hello all. I intend to try my best and fail to properly solve the game until it’s too late. That’s been the theme for me lately.

@Osuka, good to see you. Let’s try and work together this time, right?
This could be an attempt to come out of the gate loud and attention grabby. Not a huge point against him but it raises my hackles a little. Plus he's buddying up to you and continues to do so in later posts without knowing your alignment if town.
Thank you!
???????????????????????????????????????????????
Someone else finally seeing that post as scummy too
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 581, osuka wrote:
In post 567, Asteria wrote:Also looks to me like you decided my response would be nonsense before I even responded.
has it occurred to you that a lot of posts actually are nonsense?
I mean we are playing mafia
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 595, Asteria wrote:
In post 579, osuka wrote:
In post 510, Anya wrote:

I reply in order so I didn't see Anya's post yet
okay let's assume i believe that

why the fuck do you answer that question for anya if it's not directed at you and not even tangentially related to you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”