Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 400, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.08

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-01 17:15:00).

execution
Moongrass [4]:
ta vera, northsidegal, Iconeum, Sigmund
VFP [1]:
UneveN
ta vera [1]:
VFP
Iconeum [1]:
Andresvmb
Andresvmb [1]:
Moongrass

not voting [1]:
Something_Smart

mod notes~ iconeum v/la weekends
~ vfp vla from covid jab

flavour
Spoiler:
In post 725, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.15

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-01 17:15:00).

execution
sang froid [3]:
VFP, Sigmund, Iconeum
Moongrass [2]:
sang froid, northsidegal
VFP [2]:
UneveN, Andresvmb
Iconeum [1]:
Moongrass

not voting [1]:
Something_Smart

mod notes~ iconeum v/la weekends
~ sang froid is the new ta vera

flavour
Spoiler:
These two VCs are the most interesting imo. I highly doubt that the wagon on me consists of entirely town votes. I'm not certain if it's likely there are two scum votes on me but if that were the case I'd suspect the later two who also now appear on ta vera's wagon.

An interesting note is that Sigmund has voted every slot except VFP, Andre and Uneven. I town read Andre for their interactions with nsg, I also townread Uneven. I don't think this is evidence of scum Sigmund in isolation however if VFP does show up red I think it would be hard to keep town reading Sigmund.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 11:07 am

Post by sang froid »

In post 746, VFP wrote:I'm interested more in your Moon, Ico and NSG reads here though once caught up.
I'll be posting a full readslist once I have one
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 am

Post by sang froid »

In post 749, Moongrass wrote:Lets say you're right. Who is Sigmund's buddy?
I don't particularly care; that's something I can look at tomorrow. Or, if I'm dead, that y'all can look for tomorrow.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 11:44 am

Post by sang froid »

>commence sequence catchup.exe
>downloading data.lib
>loading analysis.lib
>loading tone reads.lib

>initialising

Pg 1

- dislike UneveN's praise of ta vera for "solving" -> felt a little performative due to being too early

Pg 2

- Sigmund's entry is meh but his continued insistence on Norwee's frustration later being scum indicative is bad given that that's NAI

Pg 3

- I like VFP's flippancy on a tonal level

Pg 4

- not a fan of moongrass' "opinions on everyone" question. it's so generic that it's not really useful for solving. I think town prefer to know about particular, specific things or reads that pinged them as being off -> such as here, for instance
- is meaningless but I think from a town mindset

Pg 7

- VFP's -> I don't think ta vera is just "muttering away in the background" up to this point at all and think this is mischaracterising her posting. I'm aware of potential bias in how I'm viewing this due to additional information I have
- Sigmund continuing to do anything
- from moongress makes me think not aligned with Sigmund. Either can still be scum individually
- -> ta vera is my soulmate & I'm sad she's the one I replaced

Pg 8

- -> excited to see if you can guess me once game is over, nsg! (by PM, please)
- I like moongrass' engagement with nsg

Pg 9

- -> this seems like the polar opposite of true to me. not very AI other than it's a weak reason to push S_S in the first place

Pg 10

- Sigmund's push on S_S is just generally baseless -> he's not wrong that S_S isn't really townie by this point in the game, but no more than S_S is not normally townie by this point in any game at this stage of D1
- in particular seems like it's made in bad faith
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I don't agree with your take on Sigmund's push of SS. I think Sigmund's point that scum don't do anything to rock the boat in favorable conditions, does hold some weight. It would be an odd point for scum Sigmund to make as a fake reason to push SS when he was pushing Norwegian for no reason earlier and he easily could have done so again. A low content game does favor scum and Sigmund interjecting to create readable content gives Sigmund town points there.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by sang froid »

cont.

Pg 11

- -> S_S, why was norwee town?
- waiting for Andres to do... anything
- is just UneveN generically commenting and not doing any solving -> note to see if this is a theme as game goes on
- -> disagree w/ soulmate predecessor that UneveN is displaying "nuance". however, her opinion is noted
- I generally like how S_S is approaching the game and what he's saying, but he's fooled me before. slightly town just because there aren't that many slots I like that much yet

Pg 12

- -> why is Sigmund not an effective slot to vote for, nsg? also, I think I'm leaning more towards UneveN than moongrass at this point
- is a fucking bizarre take lol
- possible equity between moongrass/uneven but I think scum quite rarely got o bat for their buddy so openly. suspect moongrass is just misreading uneven
- VI vibes from monograss strengthening with
- I don't think is a very good reason to TR nor wee. Not sure how I feel about that being the basis for S_S' only read

Pg 13

- seems at odds with the angle Sigmund was pushing at the time

Pg 14

- uneven continues to do the opposite of impress
- Sigmund is a highly unpleasant player regardless of alignment -> his meta take on ico is also wrong, icons effort level is not very alignment linked
- from ico is bad
- so is
- so is
- and so is both for the take (weird thing for scum to lie about) -- and for the vote, which seems very safe -> not sure what this says about the dragon's alignment, he may just had bad takes this game

Pg 15

- I think what I dislike about the ico catch-up is it all seems very surface level, but I don't think that's AI from memory
- is significantly better and the first real indication of possible town!ico

Pg 16

- Andres' reads/takes feel very low effort for what I'd expect from him. Also disagree on most of his scumpool. If Sigmund is town who I'm misreading for having an asshole play style, Andres could slot in very nicely
- specific elaboration on why uneven is town in would be good @andres
- I also didn't like hs reason for not being engaged of "a lot of you sound like assholes" -> it's just Sigmund? so this doesn't really add up to me
- from Andres is good self-awareness but self-awareness is NAI
- is NAI to slightly town from moongress, but is mostly just funny
- -> Sigmund slot clearly does not care about sorting people
- -> really warming up to ico!town
- generally this page makes me increasingly confident on ico and moon being town

Pg 18

- -> you are of course aware that that shiny new "moment of brilliance" banner somewhat defeats the point of this post @ico?
- -> what exactly changed your read on Sigmund, @moongrass?
- is a strong mind meld with nsg from earlier in my catchup where I talked about ico's take on moongrass

Pg 20

- would be nice to see VFP back, but I'm not sold on their absence actually being scummy & I still like their early game
- S_S is back to null as I've liked other slots more
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by sang froid »

It's been nearly 2 hours doing this catch-up and I could really feel myself fading by the end especially from pages 17-20, so I'm leaving the rest for tomorrow

Reads without the last 33% of the game are something like this

nsg
ico
moongrass
VFP

S_S

andres

uneven
sigmund
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by sang froid »

the two groups are loosely tiered but not strongly. only notable point about that is that VFP is definitely the bottom of the TR group.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 754, Moongrass wrote:I don't agree with your take on Sigmund's push of SS. I think Sigmund's point that scum don't do anything to rock the boat in favorable conditions, does hold some weight. It would be an odd point for scum Sigmund to make as a fake reason to push SS when he was pushing Norwegian for no reason earlier and he easily could have done so again. A low content game does favor scum and Sigmund interjecting to create readable content gives Sigmund town points there.
why was the gamestate in favorable conditions for scum at the time other than Sigmund's play being unpleasant to have to tolerate? there was content being generated anyway and no reason to think at that point that the inactive slots weren't going to turn up at some point, so I don't think the "interjecting to create readable content" outweighs how the incentive for scum to play to the lowest common denominator and just make town not want to be in thread because it's not enjoyable

it's not a classy way to win games, but it is effective. Sigmund's combination of bullish pushing with no reasoning, general demeanour, and high activity without sorting are all things that make a game less pleasant to be in and are perfectly standard (if weak and lowest common denominator) scumplay

I also think there's a significant difference between pushing town!norwee and pushing town!nsg, with no disrespect to norwee intended. Norwee is known to be misyeetable, and isn't particularly highly regarded as a town player. nsg is very well regarded as a townplayer and often quite easily identifiable when town. I think the slot replacing meant that keeping up the tunnel was untenable.

also worth noting that I believe Sigmund was arguing that norwee's emotion was fake earlier but that his escalation was too fast to be town. I don't think that's true or a very compelling argument. norwee slurring, while unpleasant, is NAI; I think anyone who's got reasonable experience as norwee knows that when he gets frustrated he has a bit of a temper, and I think he'd get pissed off with Sigmund in an equivalent way regardless of alignment given the way he was being pushed. so Sigmund's read for pivoting on the slot also doesn't make sense to me.

sorry, this is probably a case where a more concise post would be better at getting my point across and maybe I'll try again tomorrow if you don't follow, but in the words of Pascal I would have written a short post but I didn't have time
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by sang froid »

@ta vera contact me in the postgame, we were meant to be
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by sang froid »

(a hydra

unless...)
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 758, sang froid wrote:also worth noting that I believe Sigmund was arguing that norwee's emotion was fake earlier but that his escalation was too fast to be town. I don't think that's true or a very compelling argument. norwee slurring, while unpleasant, is NAI; I think anyone who's got reasonable experience as norwee knows that when he gets frustrated he has a bit of a temper, and I think he'd get pissed off with Sigmund in an equivalent way regardless of alignment given the way he was being pushed. so Sigmund's read for pivoting on the slot also doesn't make sense to me.
the goal of the shitpush is to get NorBoi out of his scumrange by getting him to do things that he doesn't do when he's scum.

NorBoi gets very angry when he gets shitpushed as town - he gets big mad and starts cursing up a storm, when he gets shitpushed as scum he usually just accepts death and assumes its some fault of his that he got caught.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 758, sang froid wrote:I also think there's a significant difference between pushing town!norwee and pushing town!nsg, with no disrespect to norwee intended. Norwee is known to be misyeetable, and isn't particularly highly regarded as a town player. nsg is very well regarded as a townplayer and often quite easily identifiable when town. I think the slot replacing meant that keeping up the tunnel was untenable.
yea cuz I was so close to misyeeting NorBoi there.

One vote during the first 2 days of RVS.

Good game state assessment.

How do you write so much and end up that wrong.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I guess the problem with catching up as a replacement is you miss the large gaps of silence and game stalling. It would make more sense if you had seen it play out in real time.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 755, sang froid wrote:who I'm misreading for having an asshole play style
if you misread me it's your own fault - not because of my "asshole playstyle" or whatever you want to call it.

everybody else in this game has read me correctly.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I like Andres for town mainly because I don't think Andre outs their main to nsg as scum. Why would you give nsg more info to help read you when you're trying to evade her as scum?
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Sigmund »

I like andres for town cuz he sounds like a pissed off teenager
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by sang froid »

I've come across your type of player before and am well aware that in lieu of the ability to do anything useful you rely on trying to make people feel bad about themselves and/or their reads when they call you out on your bullshit. Maybe I'm wrong and you are town. But if you are there's still very little to be lost from yeeting you based on your total inability to perform any critical analysis of any slot in the game so far. Speaking loudly and being a dick are things scum are just as capable of as town, and they're things that are often sadly misread. I have no intention of letting you skate by having done nothing of value because some members of town are too naive to believe that scum would play the way you have so far. I can sub in "just pushes whoever the fuck for no reason in an intentionally abrasive way" for "asshole playstyle", I just prefer the shorthand. And given that that's the way you're playing, i.e. without doing anything that actually indicates you're town, should that be the case, the blame rests squarely on your own shoulders should you prove to be a misyeet instead of a scum yeet.

Your assessment of Norwee also strikes me as inaccurate, but I'll have to look up my last meta with scum!him. I'm pretty sure he only gets defeatist if the game has been going on slightly longer when he gets caught and he's pure indignation if it's straight from RVS regardless of alignment
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Moongrass »

It's possible that Andre provides a game to read that they're emulating here as scum, but that seems a little far fetched.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Moongrass »

Sang seemed so nice when they repped in lol.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 756, sang froid wrote:nsg
ico
moongrass
VFP

S_S

andres

uneven
sigmund
I agree with most of this except your two scumreads need to swap places with Ico.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Moongrass »

nsg do you enjoy being so admired that you get to top fanbois readlists with minimal effort? I imagine it would get tiresome.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 767, sang froid wrote:I've come across your type of player before and am well aware that in lieu of the ability to do anything useful you rely on trying to make people feel bad about themselves and/or their reads when they call you out on your bullshit. Maybe I'm wrong and you are town. But if you are there's still very little to be lost from yeeting you based on your total inability to perform any critical analysis of any slot in the game so far. Speaking loudly and being a dick are things scum are just as capable of as town, and they're things that are often sadly misread. I have no intention of letting you skate by having done nothing of value because some members of town are too naive to believe that scum would play the way you have so far. I can sub in "just pushes whoever the fuck for no reason in an intentionally abrasive way" for "asshole playstyle", I just prefer the shorthand. And given that that's the way you're playing, i.e. without doing anything that actually indicates you're town, should that be the case, the blame rests squarely on your own shoulders should you prove to be a misyeet instead of a scum yeet.

Your assessment of Norwee also strikes me as inaccurate, but I'll have to look up my last meta with scum!him. I'm pretty sure he only gets defeatist if the game has been going on slightly longer when he gets caught and he's pure indignation if it's straight from RVS regardless of alignment
did you write this or was this put together by a random word generator because it's unreadable bullshit to me.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 769, Moongrass wrote:Sang seemed so nice when they repped in lol.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

I intend to continue to be nice to anyone who’s conduct indicates that that’s a good idea!
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 772, Sigmund wrote:did you write this or was this put together by a random word generator because it's unreadable bullshit to me.
I’m sorry you weren’t able to keep up with what was being said!

May I suggest this as something that might help you with understanding future posts in the thread! You seem to be having some trouble :(

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”