Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Prism »

Hectic, how do you feel about Ydrasse?

I find it very suspicious that she stuck to the HEM being town, almost certainly for tone, even after it was shown to be well within HEM's repertoire.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Hectic »

I thought it was too easy to find his frustrated tone towny, knowing he can certainly do that as scum. I think it might be in line for town!Ydrasse to think frustration=towny though
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Prism »

Do you expect her to stick her head in the sand and pretend those posts of mine never existed?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 831, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 830, Prism wrote:skirting around the inactive slot all day is ?_?
Oh I just ISO'd ydrasse and I agree
In post 832, Ydrasse wrote:If you wanna vote me i'll be an afk stump probably for a few days
In post 833, Ydrasse wrote:My gospel will be to kill infinity
In post 834, Infinity 324 wrote:Ydrasse where are you getting the idea that you can read me
In post 835, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 834, Infinity 324 wrote:Ydrasse where are you getting the idea that you can read me
Openwolf
The spitefulness here seemed kinda towny
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Prism »

If you are town I hope you know that one of us is so wrong that it hurts and one of us is going to have to drag the other kicking and screaming to the finish line of voting scum and dear god I hope it's you
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Prism »

Alternatively it's something dumb like HEM/Child and we're both right
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 811, Ydrasse wrote:When i was skimming earlier human felt town to me or maybe the frustration did because i don't have a better reason to really say the posts were towny, but that's a vibe i feel is too broad recently but idk, like them fighting off being elimmed or whatever and then luke replied and i was like "really feels like they're someone in a shitty situation"

I feel like I walked back the vote on child too early but after that list it wasn't feeling good but when they posted a bit more it became a tiny bit like "I could see it"
This is probably the scummiest post from her this game though

monkey would be in a shitty situation town or scum

the child read is also just weirdly worded and doesn't say much
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 905, Prism wrote:If you are town I hope you know that one of us is so wrong that it hurts and one of us is going to have to drag the other kicking and screaming to the finish line of voting scum and dear god I hope it's you
I'm ready for the journey, whether it takes 200 posts or 1500 with me posting papyrus lines of inspiration and you watching another round of Cats
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 903, Prism wrote:Do you expect her to stick her head in the sand and pretend those posts of mine never existed?
I'm don't know if it's AI for her to ignore them
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Prism »

So I finished reading the Fidget slot. She's not hardtown at all but I don't want to vote there.
In post 840, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Fidget's reads in #484 and #485 gives a lot of leeway on herself to flip her reads on some slots. Like she'd call a slot town, and then give a scenario that they're scum. It just doesn't seem like an actual stance to me.
I don't disagree with her leaving options open. Things like this statement are also very in line with her fears for her scumgame:
In post 620, Fidget wrote:[On Ydrasse] That is going to be tricky to explain if I keep thinking that in the future. It makes sense in my head.
Fidget is very concerned about painting herself into a corner and about keeping her reads consistent over time.

I think her reaction to me/Hectic is actually pretty in line with what she's seen of both of us, which is limited faith that we're not doing that song/dance for no reason. I definitely see her trusting Hectic's read a bit more assuming we were both town given her described experience in Chara's Folly, which was the time I tunneled Hectic for a day and a half while Hectic found scum using a similar read to the one here, as she explained.

Her tonal difference really throws me, along with the fact that she's less willing to really go to bat, but I find it being early plausible. I hope she doesn't get replaced but either way I don't want the slot flipped today.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 767, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Prism, the fact that you said you found a 2/2 split on me promising that I'm town and only quoted a scum seems to me that you're trying real hard to make that into a scumtell when it's NAI at worst
On average that does make it a scumtell - 50% odds are much better than 23%

I don't like the shade thrown here regardless though, Prism made the stats clear anyway so it's not manipulating the facts
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I have no idea who the scum team is, but I think I would like to flip either hectic or prism, because I am worried about both of those slots, and I think that it would do a lot of good (for me at least) to know that I can trust one of them.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 912, Lukewarm wrote:I have no idea who the scum team is, but I think I would like to flip either hectic or prism, because I am worried about both of those slots, and I think that it would do a lot of good (for me at least) to know that I can trust one of them.
Like I simultaneously think they would be the most dangerous scum players to ignore atm, and I also think that they would do the best job of solving from the ic if they are town.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:59 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Hey I think I totally won't be able to join you guys tonight, but I'll just catch up later stumped or not. I have to prioritize something :P Just tell me where to vote.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Prism »

I also think that looking at the instances in context it is likely to a major scumtell. Small sample size is the only thing leaving this in doubt for me; go through and look at them yourself.

Promises for content tend to be NAI, but the similar promises as town were about being masons (true) and specifically that he was trying to protect a PR (true). In both cases he was more concerned with mechanics than proving himself town, as opposed to the others as scum where he was trying to force towntells through.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:01 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Prism are you counting nightless vanilla where I also promised that I'm town
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Prism »

In post 914, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Hey I think I totally won't be able to join you guys tonight, but I'll just catch up later stumped or not. I have to prioritize something :P Just tell me where to vote.
It uhhhh looks like you have something more important to do which is fair, I wanted to ask this after I had time to completely reevaluate your argument and contextualize it but I'll skip ahead so you can answer

It is very difficult for me to wrap my head around why I am so hardtown to you, or why you trust me to pick correctly so much given that I have openly tunneled you all day. The first is more important than the second. I understand you believed me/Infinity to be aligned, and eventually ruled out SvS, but I'm skeptical of the reasoning for why I couldn't be scum and her town. It was her evolution that was really pivotal and town-indicative imo, as scum it's easy for me to just sit there and harass her hoping she submits.

Everything about my yesterday with you was engineered to drive you to perform well and give better content even if only to spite me for saying you couldn't, so seeing you
want
me to be town as opposed to wanting me to be scum was also very surprising to me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Prism »

In post 916, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Prism are you counting nightless vanilla where I also promised that I'm town
I did not, as it didn't show up in my search results. Ctrl+F searching for "promise" yields 0 and "town" yields 105 results so do you mind linking the post where you said similar?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm around in the most loose sense of the word.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Prism »

In post 888, Hectic wrote:Fairy Child was very comprehensive and thorough in their responses to both Prism and I, but I find it scum-indicative to have that kind WIM to defend yourself but not put nearly as much effort into discussing other things that doesn't involve defending themselves (earlier in the game)

It's a more defensive mindset which can come from town but also comes from scum a whole lot of the time
I shared this concern with Child, which is why I pushed so much for breadth. I think the explanation in 317 is very plausible from someone with their described experience. I think the reads wall they gave was quite strong looking back at it now, both in context with what was posted at the time (see previous agreement with Infinity's reads) and with their description of my blowup with Infinity that was affirmed later. I don't see any glaringly obvious issues with the responses to the questions posed by yourself and Fidget, even if longwinded. I found 676 pretty town, and while there is some scum incentive to unvote in 716 there also...isn't much to gain, either. It's null at worst IMO.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Prism »

In post 919, Ydrasse wrote:i'm around in the most loose sense of the word.
can you directly quote/link the posts you townread from HEM, no further commentary required unless you want to
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Vote Count 1.14
[2] humaneatingmonkey: Prism, T3
[2] Child of Fairies: Hectic, Lukewarm
[0] Hectic:
[0] Infinity 324:
[0] Prism:
[0] Fidget:
[0] T3:
[0] Ydrasse:
[0] Lukewarm:

Not voting: Fidget, Ydrasse, Child of Fairies, Infinity 324, humaneatingmonkey

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline expires in
(expired on 2021-06-13 21:58:45).

Mod Notes:
- Searching for a replacement for Fidget
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Prism »

gdi fidget

well now we get more time, back to reading about the taiping rebellion i guess
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Spoiler:
In post 743, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Like if people really want to elim me because they think there are no other options it sucks but I don't think I can fight that because I understand we have no time before deadline but I wish I'm given a chance here

As of now, I'm willing to elim between Infinity 324, Fidget, Child of Fairies and maybe maybe maybe Prism. But I'm still not past page 13. Please give me time to be in this game.
In post 756, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i am town prism i promise you
In post 758, humaneatingmonkey wrote:like im still not in the position to tell people who to vote because i don't have firm grasp of the game yet, and i hate that, but i'm not it
In post 762, humaneatingmonkey wrote:like, if i'm gonna choose between limming me and no lim, i will choose no lim because my flip is meaningless anyway
In post 766, humaneatingmonkey wrote:You can be skeptical. It's a fucking promise in a mafia game. I'm just trying really hard to communicate that I'm town right now.

I will resist this lim with all my might and I'm not going down without a fight.
In post 772, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm gonna fight this lim. If you're town, stay out of my lim if you're only gonna "compromise". I suggest you look elsewhere and create a counterwagon.

If I'm gonna be limmed today, I'm gonna make it as valuable as possible.
In post 774, humaneatingmonkey wrote:That's fine if you really think that I'm scum, and not just someone you want to elim because it's easier.
In post 775, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Tell me why I'm scum again, Prism
In post 780, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Infinity, your turn. Why am I scum?
In post 786, humaneatingmonkey wrote:But then again you might just be trying to lim me using that exact reason because you're scum here

it's okay. it's not like i'm going anywhere. I'll haunt you.

feel town to me, reread felt like way i acted as scum once so less sure. don't know if the latter means anything since not me.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Open Games”