Micro 1020: To Tell the Truth [Game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 223, clidd wrote:Dwlee, how sure (%) are you on MC being scum?
Like 90%
In post 224, Infinity 324 wrote:Also can you explain why you're SRing him? Besides, like, the fact that he's voting you based on some mechanical evidence
You were doing that too so it's not just that.

The thing that MC is doing is using discussion of the mech to justify his insistence that I'm evil, and I don't think he has seriously entertained the idea of us being TvT like he should if he is town.

I also think that besides talking about me, his play is woefully lacking in any sort of solving. I don't think I'm misremembering when I say that I don't think MURDERCAT has even explained a single read other than insisting I'm scum on mech. He implicitly said that Arc is scum, but that comes across in way more of a "yes she is my scum buddy and I will bus her" way than a town!way. Why is she scum? He never even tries to solve her.

He also nitpicked me saying she was scummy for her posts only to come around on thinking she was scum (again with no reasons).

Again on him lacking reads, he hasn't given an opinion on Pooky besides saying he will probably be the days' elimination. Okay, so what does he think about that? Like he is just going to consolidate on it because it's inevitable? He should be trying to sort Pooky instead of defaulting to "he will be yeeted today" if he is town.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Also forgot to add this: to a certain degree I can also just PoE here. I'm the only one who can confirm Clidd as town, and knowing I'm also town means that anyone else has a 50% chance of being scum. I townread infinity and I think both Datisi and Pooky are town (at most one scum imo) and so that leaves two of MC/Arc/Pav if not all of them.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Sorry I haven't been in the thread much; I had a frustrating RL incident and I'm too tired to use my brain the way I should. I'll look with fresh eyes in the morning.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by clidd »

I agree about the singular focus that MC is giving to only one read (and neglecting the scumhunt of other slots), but I don't think it's enough for "90%" of sure that he's scum. I also disagree on the possibility of TvT between Pooky and Datisi - they're clearly TvS or (assuming good theater) SvS imo.

If you had to choose, who would you pick for scum between Arc and Pav (by PoE).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by clidd »

I forgot the "?", but you probably understand it's a question ^
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by clidd »

@Murdercat

What are your reads besides Dwlee?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 227, Pavowski wrote:Sorry I haven't been in the thread much; I had a frustrating RL incident and I'm too tired to use my brain the way I should. I'll look with fresh eyes in the morning.
You've had a chance to post at least once here in the last few hours, but I'll take your word for it.

When you get back, I'd appreciate your feedback on the players: MC/Pooky/Arc.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by clidd »

/ are directed to Dwlee.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 228, clidd wrote:I agree about the singular focus that MC is giving to only one read (and neglecting the scumhunt of other slots), but I don't think it's enough for "90%" of sure that he's scum. I also disagree on the possibility of TvT between Pooky and Datisi - they're clearly TvS or (assuming good theater) SvS imo.

If you had to choose, who would you pick for scum between Arc and Pav (by PoE).
Arc. Pav is scummy because I feel like their posts kinda skirt discussion but arc was moreso for their reaction to daystart and my posts.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by clidd »

Thanks for replying ^

Maybe it could be something like Pooky/Arc/MC?

Not sure if scum!MC is a thing here, but if you're correct(as town), the solve above is what I would've in mind.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by clidd »

Why don't you think Pooky is scum here? is it the fight between him and Datisi or there is some other reason? (@Dwlee)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I still think his posts after t3 hammer were townie and his fight with Datisi seems genuine. I also feel like we kind of mind melded there on some things. If you told me one of Pooky/Dats was scum I wouldn't be sure who to pick, because I think their play both makes sense as town.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by clidd »

I'm skeptical of Pooky's reactions and I don't think he was genuine in his posting. Datisi had valid reasons to suspect him and all the discussion that developed from that point on seemed to me very much to have been driven by Pooky's disproportionate reaction than scum!Datisi wanting to capitalize on town!Pooky's error, in a way that felt more scum!Pooky trying to get something out of that 1v1 than town!Pooky with paranoia that Datisi was scum for not reading him correctly.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by clidd »

When asked about these points, he resorted to the shallow posting and did not satisfactorily explain what was going on in his head at that period of time, nor did he expand any other additional thoughts (that could be associated with a town mentality or something to help read him).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by clidd »

If I'm wrong, however, and he's town, I'm not sure how exactly I'm supposed to come to this conclusion since nothing Pooky's demonstrated is outside his scum range
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by clidd »

I mean, I don't see what Pooky posted here that he wouldn't post as scum:

Spoiler:
In post 194, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if i was in the scum pt coordinating with my homie d-lee to quick-hammer T3 on Page 2,

I'd be like, "let's vote him at the exact same time" and then we can pretend it's an accident

and then we'd be on discord counting down like nerds.

you cant seriously think I'd be an incompetent buffoon
In post 196, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 160, clidd wrote:113 - Why is Infinity town to you?
infinity is in her town!meta
In post 197, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i mean you know what im talking about so why are u even asking me this
In post 198, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 160, clidd wrote:106 - Why scum!Datisi ''planning the push'' vs town!you would be more likely than town!Datisi finding your hammer questionable/scummy? I mean, you haven't tried to meaningfully engage with T3 (before the final vote) and you haven't given any advance notice that you were going to hammer. Just trying to understand your process here.
cuz he knows scum me doesnt quickhammer on page 2
In post 201, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 161, clidd wrote:I think that there's more scum than town motivation for quick-hammering, but that's not the only point that pings me about Pooky. I felt a bit of bad faith in his approach to Datisi, in the sense that he didn't seem to rationalize internally in both the town!Datisi and scum!Datisi scenarios to infer which one was more likely. Instead, he automatically jumped to the conclusion that Datisi would be setting a trap for him at the end of D1 to trigger on D2 and re-reading the last day's events that's not how Datisi's posts reflect to me.
it's not a trap it's a progression break.

how is it a trap what r u even talking about?
In post 203, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 200, MURDERCAT wrote:Pooky who are the 3 scum
r u trying to get me to miss so someone else gets mad at me?
In post 205, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like this game isn't elim 3 scum, it's elim 1 person at a time.

theres no way datisi goes from srs vote t3 to wow t3 is town lets kill pooky in like 5 minutes.
In post 207, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 204, clidd wrote:Your answers are meh, Pooky.
they're the truth!
In post 208, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 206, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm trying to figure out who the third scum is
why would scum!me help you figure it out dude?
In post 217, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im fine with being elimmed here but i wont advocate datisi follows me tomm cuz i dont want to get blamed if he's actually town.
In post 218, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 213, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 208, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would scum!me help you figure it out dude?
Well the more content you make the easier it is regardless
!?!?

you think im scum

why do you think scum me would help you solve the game?

what kind of crackpot answer is this?
In post 220, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:dlee i dont know why even try sometimes
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by clidd »

But, fine, let's presume they're both town (and town!you as real).

Our PoE would probably have coasting slots like Arc/Pav and one of MC/Infinity.

This would imply that scum has low game influence and town is basically destroying itself (which is like, meh, boring and not *very* likely tbh). Can be likely if you believe in "easy" games, but I kind of don't believe in this scenario. At least not until some new information convinces me that the basis of my reads is wrong (and makes me re-evaluate) what, in this context, would the TvS theory between Datisi and Pooky to be shown as incorrect.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

You raise some decent points and like I don't have pooky is necessarily out of scum range here (nor are a lot of people), I just think they are more townie than the other three.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum, alright. Fair if it's your inner thinking, but I'm having trouble empathizing with this read.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by clidd »

I can be wrong, but the info + impressions I have at the moment point to scum!Pooky.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by clidd »

Well, that's all for now. I'll get some sleep.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

It just doesn't give me the same feelings as scum!Pooky did when I played with scum!Pooky.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 143, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay popping in again to say that angel is literally just OMGUSing me right now and I'm not even voting her anymore anyway
So because your changed your vote, i should change my read on you? I see your motivation to lynch me is nothing about scummy.
In post 157, clidd wrote:Townpings on Datisi and Pavowski.

Vaguely good impression of Infinity, but I would probably classify her as null-town.

Scumpings on Pooky and Arc.

Murdercat and Dwlee are null.

pedit: Hallo. Such a hemorrhagic pleasure to be here (as always).

How to hell Dwlee is null? Youre slipping into scum list clidd.
In post 160, clidd wrote:@Pooky

VOTE: PookyTheMagicalBear

I have two questions:

- Why scum!Datisi ''planning the push'' vs town!you would be more likely than town!Datisi finding your hammer questionable/scummy? I mean, you haven't tried to meaningfully engage with T3 (before the final vote) and you haven't given any advance notice that you were going to hammer. Just trying to understand your process here.

- Why is Infinity town to you?

@Arc

() - Why is a ''fake response'' to you?

What are your reads on everyone rn? (town/scum/null/etc - if so, why)
Its the tone of the post. It sounded vague and fake because he pointed what really happened and known to the entire team.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

i got some sleep, hasn't really helped my motivation, but let's see here.

clidd and infinity are probably town? clidd seems genuinely interested in solving the game, while infinity at least somewhat cares about the game, so. though it has been a while since i've seen clidd's scumgame, would he be powerwolfing here? but clidd being scum would then necessarily make dwlee scum as well, and they'd have put both of themselves in the investigation? meh, probably(?) not. the only thing actually making me raise an eyebrow at clidd is this line:
In post 228, clidd wrote:I also disagree on the possibility of TvT between Pooky and Datisi - they're clearly TvS or (assuming good theater) SvS imo.
what makes you think we're so unlikely to be TvT, to the point where you're sooner assuming SvS?
In post 198, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 160, clidd wrote:106 - Why scum!Datisi ''planning the push'' vs town!you would be more likely than town!Datisi finding your hammer questionable/scummy? I mean, you haven't tried to meaningfully engage with T3 (before the final vote) and you haven't given any advance notice that you were going to hammer. Just trying to understand your process here.
cuz he knows scum me doesnt quickhammer on page 2
where the fuck did you pull this out from? i've seen scum!you like three times, once as a mod, once in a marathon game, once as a mod in a marathon, and in none of those games you had an opportunity to quickhammer. so, uh, how am i apparently supposed to "know" that scum!you doesn't quickhammer on page 2?
In post 205, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:theres no way datisi goes from srs vote t3 to wow t3 is town lets kill pooky in like 5 minutes.
first of all, there was an *if* there, and sure there is, since you quickhammered on page 2 in like those 5 minutes.

still doesn't feel like pooky is attempting to actually sort me. angel's newest post still feels like coasting. the fact that she's... completely ignoring all discussion about pooky is not giving me good vibes. i'd say "surely scum wouldn't be that blatant", but i don't actually know the skill level of angel's scumgame, so.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »