What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 2347, Robert M Hunter wrote:That's right. Since I started on play on this site, I can't shake off my scummy aura, which means that I'm usually under attack.

In a weird way, it's become that I seem to only get reads when players attack me because I can judge their agenda better.
I'm going to note that this is very common for newer players. One of the things one has to learn is to get a read on players based on their interactions with others and not just with oneself. It's problematic to solely read them based on their interactions with oneself because of personal biases and the information mismatch. What may seem obvious to oneself is not to them, and that bias can cloud one's judgement. It takes time, and it isn't easy, but it will have a big impact once you get the hang of it.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

Here is Pooky ingratiating himself.
In post 2283, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why r u so nice ydra >.>
In post 2240, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Sometimes you see something so beautiful that it sits in the Eye of your Mind like a Diamond and you fear to gaze upon it again.
In post 2121, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
D

what kind of dog was it?
In post 1836, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Tweetie you're the only person I can trust I think.

Or are you part of the conspiracy >.>
In post 1811, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Tweetie you are so smart pls carry me <3

also I think yin is a liar but not always
In post 1773, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Infinity's just generally been lower energy for a while now :/

I hope she feels better soon!
In post 1723, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so feisty I love it
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Here are examples of Pooky fluttering about and not getting dirty.
In post 2305, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i believe its possible that robert is a one shot vig but i don't really want him to shoot datisi or ydra so im fine with yeeting him
In post 2284, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:some people like to be right
In post 2258, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2247, Ircher wrote:Explain Pooky.
i would rather not explain
In post 2117, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:am i the only person who's super tempted to blow ircher up for the lols
THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE A COMPULSIVE CONFESSION.

In post 2045, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what if its a team of jesters
In post 2008, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im fine with the infy elim but im not moving my vote in case my bullshit nonsense theory is right
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Ircher »

I think, if I recall correctly, that those kinds of "pocketing" posts (as I would call them; your term is ingratiating) are somewhat typical for Pooky, but I do see your point. You said that you were reconsidering the read, but that doesn't mean the read has fully shifted yet. So: 1) Are you still town reading Pooky despite the reevaluation? 2a) Id yes, what aspects of Pooky do you still like and think point favorably for him. 2b) If no, how strong is your read currently? 3b) Follow up to 2b: If your read isn't very strong, what gives you pause? What aspects of Pooky's play keeps you from outright scum reading him?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:53 pm

In post 2353, Ircher wrote:I think, if I recall correctly, that those kinds of "pocketing" posts (as I would call them; your term is ingratiating) are somewhat typical for Pooky, but I do see your point. You said that you were reconsidering the read, but that doesn't mean the read has fully shifted yet. So: 1) Are you still town reading Pooky despite the reevaluation? 2a) Id yes, what aspects of Pooky do you still like and think point favorably for him. 2b) If no, how strong is your read currently? 3b) Follow up to 2b: If your read isn't very strong, what gives you pause? What aspects of Pooky's play keeps you from outright scum reading him?
  • 1) Are you still town reading Pooky despite the reevaluation?
    Not really, his play has deteriorated in terms of meaningful engagement from day 1 to day 2
  • 2a) If yes, what aspects of Pooky do you still like and think point favorably for him.
    n/a
  • 2b) If no, how strong is your read currently?
    Above average chance of scum.
  • 3b) Follow up to 2b: If your read isn't very strong, what gives you pause? What aspects of Pooky's play keeps you from outright scum reading him?
    I'm still navigating people's personalities and styles, I don't want his playstyle to be the basis of my read. Other players do that to me a lot, so I'm sensitive to it.
Yin
Yin
Townie
Yin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Yin »

"Have you ever been to Paris? There's something about the place... not the location, but the dreams the people bring there."

The man's silk hat is back on his head. The moon is not visible tonight, but the sky glitters with stars.

"Its silly. It's a city like any other. But at night... the lights..." He exhales with a dreamy sigh.
"Pity what's going to happen. Wish I was as oblivious as the rest."

In post 2165, Robert M Hunter wrote:
@Yin

Is there a criminal within Flea/Nakata/Pooky?
Yes there is.
In post 2166, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
@Yin

Is there an odd number of criminals inside of Morning/clidd/Pooky?
Theres an even number.
In post 2171, Flea The Magician wrote:
@YinHow many scum were voting Infinity in the last vote count of D1?
No one can speak to the dead!
In post 2224, Amy Dunne wrote:
Yin
, have I voted a criminal who is still alive in the game?
Yes you have.
In post 2310, Morning Tweet wrote:
Yin
, is there at least one criminal inside of Amy/Ircher/Morning/clidd?
Birds are really fish in diguise.
In post 2236, Yang wrote:I bid you all adieu, until Yin shows up again probably because his avatar is cute.
Captured in her eyes.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2222, Amy Dunne wrote:What I got from Infinity ISO is that Ydrasse, Pooky, Clidd, Tweetie are all town.
In post 2223, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 2222, Amy Dunne wrote:What I got from Infinity ISO is that Ydrasse, Pooky, Clidd, Tweetie are all town.
In the sense they all sound anti-partnery and I obviously would include myself in that.
@Robert
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2224, Amy Dunne wrote:
Yin, have I voted a criminal who is still alive in the game?

Yes you have.

Well other than Infinity, I voted
Ircher
, Nakata and Chara.

Yin
, how many Mafia in Nakata/Chara?

Ftr, I don’t sr Chara and don’t think Infinity ISO clears Nakata.

I could obviously be wrong but I lean to Nakata > Chara.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think that might be it for the criminal questions, will check it later tonignt
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2358, Morning Tweet wrote:I think that might be it for the criminal questions, will check it later tonignt
I believe Robert’s claim but I also don’t want him to shoot Ydrasse/Pooky/Tanner.

Why do the wrong people always wind up getting vig? Like Sam in Happy Face, shot obvtown!Romance. :/
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by clidd »

I still want to elim Robert, but I'm going for a walk in the meantime.

VOTE: Satoru Nakata

Where are you?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

With no assumptions on Infinity and Norwe..

Infinity and Norwe were not both criminals.
Tanner is a
criminal
Chara is a
criminal
Amy, Robert, Ircher, and Ydrasse are
not criminals

One or two of Flea/clidd/Tweet/Pooky/Nakata are a
criminal

One or more of Flea/Nakata/Pooky are a
criminal
Zero or two, but not one, of Morning/clidd/Pooky are a
criminal

---///---

Assuming Infinity was a criminal and Norwe was not..

Infinity was a
criminal

Tanner is a
criminal
Chara is a
criminal
Norwe was not a
criminal

not criminals

One of Flea/Nakata is a
criminal
Morning, clidd, and Pooky are
not criminals
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think Yin didn't answer my question because it would have probably revealed no criminals in all of amy/ircher/morning/clidd. He's perfectly fine answering large groups (such as Pooky/Amy's) when there is a criminal within them.

It seems most likely to me that the criminals are therefore Tanner, Chara, Infinity, and one of Flea/Nakata. Great. Hope that's helpful at some point.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2348, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2346, Ircher wrote:Okay, then talk to me about your townreads. You said you were town reading Amy yesterday? Why? Has you read changed since you posted that? ()
The only one in that list that I am reconsidering is Pooky. A lot of his posts are hands off and ingratiating himself to other players. Nothing wrong with the latter, but the combination with the former gives me pause.
Thaaaats Pooky!! I don't think your evaluation of him is unfair, but I can tell you that is fairly typical of his play.

He could be scum in theory, but Pooky uuuuusuually has a bit more of a gameplan as scum. I think that day one was probably beatable for scum had they tried a little more potentially. Eh, maybe Infy was screwed. Either way I don't think Pooky really did much to stop it or shake anything up. And granted, he can just goof off as scum so im not 100%, but i think he's more likely town so far.
In post 2347, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2344, Morning Tweet wrote:You're so certain of a scumread that you're willing to shoot now -- but you couldnt get that certain yesterday?
That's right. Since I started on play on this site, I can't shake off my scummy aura, which means that I'm usually under attack.

In a weird way, it's become that I seem to only get reads when players attack me because I can judge their agenda better.

Like, I'm not sure that Tanner is scum, he is attacking me nonstop but he could also leave me around as limbait if he were scum, it would be a good strategy.

Ydrasse is a different story, Ydrasse fears my vig shot.
You see, it's virtually impossible to read players solely off their interactions with your slot personally. In fact, i think that's probably one of the least accurate ways since your own reaction to them is gonna be cloudy. Judging people by how they push you is just going to be... shaky at best.

For what it's worth I disagree with Ydrasse that your claim/reaction suggests extremely obvious scum]. I can easily conceive this being your town play, even though it's unorthodox nightplay-wise and kinda scummy in appearance.

It seems like it's going to be a massive pain getting a different wagon going especially considering you still might be scum... and as long as you're dead set on shooting Ydrasse, i dont think anyone's going to reconsider you. I imagine it comes across as fake to some. Are you willing to shoot elsewhere from Ydrasse and if so where? I would kinda prefer a few others.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2272, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2268, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2263, Ydrasse wrote:you do realize that tanner is (1) person in this town right
He's one relentless person. Every time I log on, I come across his dumb conspiracies, eyeroll and force myself to post :D
okay well then why didn't you just... shoot him. that's what i don't get

if he's THAT bad to you, you are voting him, you want him dead, you had that power and just... didn't?

like if you're town you sitting there should go "huh, this person is pushing me a lot and they're wrong, they seem like a good shot"

idk if that's just how i would play it but it makes a lot more sense than holding a shot when you're suspected
I really don't buy that town!Robert shoots Tanner. I buy you doing it in his shoes, but i don't really see him doing it so much, ya know? Doesn't make him town yet though cause could buy it from scum too
In post 2274, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2269, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2266, Ircher wrote:I can kind of buy town!Robert doing this despite being suboptimal, but I'm not sure that outweighs the likelihood of scum!Robert using the claim to buy time.
in team mafia my partner was being pushed and claimed like, n-1 vig when ran up so this is like "okay lol"

it's the perfect claim to buy yourself more time as mafia because like, in theory it's provable but i feel like 9/10 times it's going to come from mafia trying to eek themselves out of the elim and go for town
OK, now I know you're scum,
first you lie by saying I'm not a terrible player
and now you're hot under the collar because there's nothing scum hates more than a vig. Except maybe a tracker.
Do you actually think someone calling you not a terrible player is a scumtell? How is that even a lie, that's a subjective opinion
In post 2289, Robert M Hunter wrote:The real point I'm making is that Ydrasse is scum because she wants the vig dead.
Well that's at least more believable. Naturally, scum will push for you to be eliminated if you are not a part of their faction here. I too am a bit wary of this, especially considering there is seemingly no reason to not just tell you who to shoot and have you confirmed town on the next day.

I'm a bit skeptical that Robert is scum who thought of hyper-fixating on Ydrasse as a performative AtE kinda thing... you might call it ridiculous but i can see the rationale there.
In post 2301, Ydrasse wrote:maybe a good way to talk about robert's play rn is that it feels like a lot of bravado to try and like, re-affirm he really is the vig and i WILL be sniped from 1000 yards tonight no doubts
That too is also fair though, reaffirming that you're vig over and over again is unecessary. I understand exactly why you think it sounds fake

I actually kinda think he's doing it because it plays into how he scumreads you though. He finds your reaction scummy, soo I think he's doing it because lashing out at the ppl pushing him is how he makes reads....... maybe? Am I overthinking? It does come off that way to me. Rather than reaffirming he's vig, I think he's just reaffirming he wants to kill you. Which i get is similar but maybe it's to get a reaction out of you, ey?
In post 2305, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i believe its possible that robert is a one shot vig but i don't really want him to shoot datisi or ydra so im fine with yeeting him
This was my snap reaction i had earlier. A fair enough take. Tricky though because this is obviously what i'd react with as scum too
In post 2306, Robert M Hunter wrote:I wasn't the most suspected, I had three votes at the most.

I did not want to hit a townie, is that hard to understand? My handle of the game was too nebulous for me to kill the right player, I'm not going to kill a townie to clear myself, that's counter productive and helps no one. Though I can see why scum-you would want me to do that.

But I'll shoot you tonight and hit scum.
To be honest, in your shoes, I'd be worried about the backlash i'd get from the rest of the game after shooting a townie. I also think it's likely you weren't thinking much about how the shot proves you, and rather how it needs to hit scum... so I can see it
In post 2307, Robert M Hunter wrote:
I thought I should use my power on anyone just to prove myself?
You should use your power on the agreed-upon most scummy player by the end of today

....(other than you). That way, everyone's happy! Except scum hopefully
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

well, guess ill join the counterwago-
In post 2251, pj harvey dent wrote:
[4] Robert M Hunter:
Ircher, Ydrasse, Tanner, clidd
[2] Tanner:
Robert M Hunter, Flea The Magician
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Okay, nevermind, I guess I'm on my own. Sorry for this barrage of questions flea feel free to answer or not answer any of them

@
Flea
, why do you think it's the best use of our day two elimination to kill Tanner solely to test out the criminal thing? Additionally, why Tanner over Chara who is confirmed in the same way?

Is it really worth it to sacrifice Tanner and our D2 to *MAYBE* get information? Additionally, you can see that the majority of the game isn't using the criminal system to determine votes, why are you making it lock your vote onto Tanner permanently? And why didn't you do this D1 -- what changed today?

Now i'm not really convinced Flea is scum but i suppose im struggling to understand faer play this game thus far.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2361, Morning Tweet wrote:
With no assumptions on Infinity and Norwe..

Infinity and Norwe were not both criminals.
Tanner is a
criminal
Chara is a
criminal
not criminals

One or two of Flea/clidd/Tweet/Pooky/Nakata are a
criminal

One or more of Flea/Nakata/Pooky are a
criminal
Zero or two, but not one, of Morning/clidd/Pooky are a
criminal

---///---

Assuming Infinity was a criminal and Norwe was not..

Infinity was a
criminal

Tanner is a
criminal
Chara is a
criminal
Norwe was not a
criminal

not criminals

One of Flea/Nakata is a
criminal
Morning, clidd, and Pooky are
not criminals
Yin also said that Pooky voted a criminal and since Pooky has an antibussing meta, would make him town.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2364, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2263, Ydrasse wrote:you do realize that tanner is (1) person in this town right
He's one relentless person. Every time I log on, I come across his dumb conspiracies, eyeroll and force myself to post :D

if he's THAT bad to you, you are voting him, you want him dead, you had that power and just... didn't?

like if you're town you sitting there should go "huh, this person is pushing me a lot and they're wrong, they seem like a good shot"

idk if that's just how i would play it but it makes a lot more sense than holding a shot when you're suspected
I really don't buy that town!Robert shoots Tanner. I buy you doing it in his shoes, but i don't really see him doing it so much, ya know? Doesn't make him town yet though cause could buy it from scum too
In post 2266, Ircher wrote:I can kind of buy town!Robert doing this despite being suboptimal, but I'm not sure that outweighs the likelihood of scum!Robert using the claim to buy time.
in team mafia my partner was being pushed and claimed like, n-1 vig when ran up so this is like "okay lol"

it's the perfect claim to buy yourself more time as mafia because like, in theory it's provable but i feel like 9/10 times it's going to come from mafia trying to eek themselves out of the elim and go for town
and now you're hot under the collar because there's nothing scum hates more than a vig. Except maybe a tracker.
Do you actually think someone calling you not a terrible player is a scumtell? How is that even a lie, that's a subjective opinion
In post 2289, Robert M Hunter wrote:The real point I'm making is that Ydrasse is scum because she wants the vig dead.
Well that's at least more believable. Naturally, scum will push for you to be eliminated if you are not a part of their faction here. I too am a bit wary of this, especially considering there is seemingly no reason to not just tell you who to shoot and have you confirmed town on the next day.

I'm a bit skeptical that Robert is scum who thought of hyper-fixating on Ydrasse as a performative AtE kinda thing... you might call it ridiculous but i can see the rationale there.
In post 2301, Ydrasse wrote:maybe a good way to talk about robert's play rn is that it feels like a lot of bravado to try and like, re-affirm he really is the vig and i WILL be sniped from 1000 yards tonight no doubts
That too is also fair though, reaffirming that you're vig over and over again is unecessary. I understand exactly why you think it sounds fake

I actually kinda think he's doing it because it plays into how he scumreads you though. He finds your reaction scummy, soo I think he's doing it because lashing out at the ppl pushing him is how he makes reads....... maybe? Am I overthinking? It does come off that way to me. Rather than reaffirming he's vig, I think he's just reaffirming he wants to kill you. Which i get is similar but maybe it's to get a reaction out of you, ey?
This was my snap reaction i had earlier. A fair enough take. Tricky though because this is obviously what i'd react with as scum too
In post 2306, Robert M Hunter wrote:I wasn't the most suspected, I had three votes at the most.

I did not want to hit a townie, is that hard to understand? My handle of the game was too nebulous for me to kill the right player, I'm not going to kill a townie to clear myself, that's counter productive and helps no one. Though I can see why scum-you would want me to do that.

To be honest, in your shoes, I'd be worried about the backlash i'd get from the rest of the game after shooting a townie. I also think it's likely you weren't thinking much about how the shot proves you, and rather how it needs to hit scum... so I can see it
You should use your power on the agreed-upon most scummy player by the end of today

+1
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

theorizing at length about someone who claimed to be a 1-shot vig in a silent star game of all games after being ran up and being like “no no, we can LEASH THEM don’t worry teehee let’s let them go today” is fucking stupid and i regret waking up and reading any of this. it is equally stupid to even speculate that i’m scum or be wary of me for going after this so dogmatically because it would implicate that i am willing to throw away any towncred i would have gotten thus far and risk my own life on being shot if i did not succeed.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

but i guess we’re believing every pr claim that comes our way and ignoring convenience and doing what we can to really make sure that it lives by calling it fair and robert suddenly towny for everything
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2363, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2348, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2346, Ircher wrote:Okay, then talk to me about your townreads. You said you were town reading Amy yesterday? Why? Has you read changed since you posted that? ()
The only one in that list that I am reconsidering is Pooky. A lot of his posts are hands off and ingratiating himself to other players. Nothing wrong with the latter, but the combination with the former gives me pause.
Thaaaats Pooky!! I don't think your evaluation of him is unfair, but I can tell you that is fairly typical of his play.

He could be scum in theory, but Pooky uuuuusuually has a bit more of a gameplan as scum. I think that day one was probably beatable for scum had they tried a little more potentially. Eh, maybe Infy was screwed. Either way I don't think Pooky really did much to stop it or shake anything up. And granted, he can just goof off as scum so im not 100%, but i think he's more likely town so far.
In post 2347, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2344, Morning Tweet wrote:You're so certain of a scumread that you're willing to shoot now -- but you couldnt get that certain yesterday?
That's right. Since I started on play on this site, I can't shake off my scummy aura, which means that I'm usually under attack.

Like, I'm not sure that Tanner is scum, he is attacking me nonstop but he could also leave me around as limbait if he were scum, it would be a good strategy.

Ydrasse is a different story, Ydrasse fears my vig shot.
You see, it's virtually impossible to read players solely off their interactions with your slot personally. In fact, i think that's probably one of the least accurate ways since your own reaction to them is gonna be cloudy. Judging people by how they push you is just going to be... shaky at best.

For what it's worth I disagree with Ydrasse that your claim/reaction suggests extremely obvious scum]. I can easily conceive this being your town play, even though it's unorthodox nightplay-wise and kinda scummy in appearance.

It seems like it's going to be a massive pain getting a different wagon going especially considering you still might be scum...
and as long as you're dead set on shooting Ydrasse, i dont think anyone's going to reconsider you. I imagine it comes across as fake to some. Are you willing to shoot elsewhere from Ydrasse and if so where? I would kinda prefer a few others.
In post 2364, Morning Tweet wrote:

I really don't buy that town!Robert shoots Tanner. I buy you doing it in his shoes, but i don't really see him doing it so much, ya know?
Doesn't make him town yet though cause could buy it from scum too

like idk how else to tell you this without being extremely rude but you're sitting here doing everything you can to try and justify robert living and being town and going at the end with the implication that we will all back off and everything will be easy peasy and i don't know why. either you have some gutread that you're grasping at straws to justify or you're like scum with robert and trying to keep the elim off of him for another day and then when tomorrow comes and i am presumably not dead (unless it's from the scumkill! lol!) you're going to be like :c oh uwu sorry guys i really messed up believing him >_< and everyone will be like aw it's okay we all did it too.

and that's why it's so infuriating to see people go "no we can LEASH HIM" instead of killing a scummy person with a scummy claim in a series of games that historically haven't had prs in the last two iterations.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm going back to bed and if i wake up and everyone's like "okay robert :) take your time doing something remotely towny at all with that little claim of yours" literally just lol.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2367, Amy Dunne wrote:Yin also said that Pooky voted a criminal and since Pooky has an antibussing meta, would make him town.
Criminal does not necessarily equal scum. It's probable that it doesn't.
In post 2369, Ydrasse wrote:theorizing at length about someone who claimed to be a 1-shot vig in a silent star game of all games after being ran up and being like “no no, we can LEASH THEM don’t worry teehee let’s let them go today” is fucking stupid and i regret waking up and reading any of this. it is equally stupid to even speculate that i’m scum or be wary of me for going after this so dogmatically because it would implicate that i am willing to throw away any towncred i would have gotten thus far and risk my own life on being shot if i did not succeed.
????????????????????????

No, it's not stupid? Like at all? What?

Killing Robert is bad if he's town, whereas leashing and reevaluating tomorrow is unbeatable for scum!him, and if he's town we get an extra elimination + a confirmed townie. I'm extremely confused how you find that stupid of me to suggest.

I do not care that he's beyond obvious scum to you. If the majority of the town agrees he is beyond obviously scum -- GO FOR IT. Kill him then. That's fine by me, we can use that as our information instead. If they don't, then I prefer my plan.

But in a vacuum my plan is optimal because it works no matter what Robert's alignment is. And I don't find him beyond obviously scum enough to just say "fuck it" and kill him right now. There's a reason he's eliminated so early every game. Him playing a power role suboptimally doesn't surprise me at all, either, I wouldn't expect a newer player to see why vig is powerful even if it shoots a townie. From the mindset of someone who thinks the point of vig is just to shoot town, it makes no sense to shoot last night.

I can see why it appears beyond obvious to you, his obsession with you can seem... hard to see how he believes it.

I'm really bewildered at how this is a stupid suggestion
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Phew. Anyway, you make a good point that Silent Star doesn't usually have many power roles.

Although, you're forgetting that Silent Star Lunacy had Cop, Watcher, Universal Backup, and Bodyguard. Oh i see you just mentioned just the last two iterations... i guess? I don't exactly see what's prohibiting a silent star game from having PRs, but sure.

I'm kinda annoyed because even if Robert were 75% scum, it's still optimal to leash him into the PoE and get a bonus elim + conf town 25% of the time.

And i'm currently at like a coinflip between robert town and scum. He's a kind of specimen I can't get a great grasp of.

I think saying that it's beyond obvious he's scum pulling out a "Actually i have a confirmable PR just let me live one night longgerrrrrrrr" is untrue. I think it's possible but im not convinced, i think Robert is the type of player who wouldnt shoot on the first night and will have bizarre reads like the one he has on u rn.

So sorry for viewing it a different way from you, but like..... I'm sorry? I don't know what you want from me. You act like I'm doing this on purpose for funnies, or because i dont want to give up on a gut townread, or because im scum with him. None of which are true but i think with the latter two they still wouldn't justify any mocking

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”