House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:54 am

Post by House »

In post 149, House wrote:
In post 147, Roden wrote:I'm honestly super easy to read and consider it one of my bigger weaknesses, but most people just don't bother trying to read me for whatever reason. They just vibe check a random post then park their vote.
You're not exactly giving me much to work with.

Who's scum? All you seem to care about is whining about my vote.

Get over it and scum hunt.
Edit
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:54 am

Post by T3 »

Would we benefit from a massclaim?
Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Angel Warriors »

In post 151, T3 wrote:Would we benefit from a massclaim?
dont even think about it.

-bear bear
Norangal
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:56 am

Post by T3 »

T3's page 7 townbloc: T3, Angel, Roden, House.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:57 am

Post by House »

In post 151, T3 wrote:Would we benefit from a massclaim?
We get it.

You don't want scum to think you're my partner.

Mission accomplished. Move on. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:58 am

Post by House »

In post 153, T3 wrote:T3's page 7 townbloc: T3, Angel, Roden, House.
If Roden ever starts trying to actually play the game, perhaps I can get on board with that.

Kinda depends on him.

Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Angel Warriors »

Spoiler:
Subject: Newbie 2070 - Airplanes | GAME OVER
Roden wrote:
In post 318, Psyche wrote:he has been
Oop :oops:
In post 319, Val89 wrote:
In post 316, Roden wrote:Backing off like this is such a townie move I'd almost consider it a town slip
I wasn't going to comment on it because I thought it was self-evident on it's own, but did you read that as something other than "sorry you are so stupid Val, I shouldn't have expected you to play good like us SE slots." I can only assume there was a very surface level reading if it was taken as an actual apology.

Is there something townie about that?
Yes, what you described is exactly why I think it's a townie reaction. A lot of SEs are kinda predictable in newbie games, at least from what I've noticed. Arrogant/cocky/aggressive SEs have a town tell where they either get sweaty and try to solo solve the game, or they recognize they're getting too sweaty for a newbie game and back off. If they're scum, they're just manipulative because they believe they can easily trick newbies (which they actually easily can).

Nancy here seems to fit the mold for the type of SE I'm describing. If she were scum she wouldn't continue to be hostile to you while backing off, or reiterate how frustrated she is and specifically explain why she's frustrated. It could be AtE admittedly, which is why she isn't confirmed town for me. But I don't see how continuing to push the issue here could sort her further or progress the game in any way.

Roden wrote:
In post 769, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 768, Val89 wrote:I really need to hear fom Grandpa on what's in James' ISO that makes him think {Clark, Roden}.
yea i just came back with work...

expect like a complete analysis on james readlist on why i do expect its clark / roden in a couple of hours

tldr; this is manly based on james interactions with clark nd roden (the post that nancy pointed out of james) i noticed it from that and started quick skimming jame's iso and seeing their reads.
Oh, you actually are suspecting me. I guessed that was a typo because your earlier post said Chuck instead of Clark, and it looked like you were accusing Nancy of thinking that.

Either way, we've already been over this. For me to be scum I'd have to have hard bussed Blurry/James before the replacement even came in. Psyche had scum read Blurry first, but the wagon didn't start until I repeatedly kept bringing attention to Blurry and soft accused Val of trying to divert attention by arguing with Nancy. Even when James subbed in, I kept my vote on his slot and continued to pressure him.

It's not like I couldn't pivot out to another wagon either. Nancy had multiple people going after her and I'd already stated that I didn't trust Val's intentions at the time. If I was scum, all I'd have to do is completely ignore Blurry and help Val put pressure on Nancy. Literally all I'd have to do is shut up and James would likely still be in the game.

If you don't believe me, go look back at what happened. It starts around page 10 I believe. I specifically say that I think the early wagon on you was bad and that we should look more at Blurry.

Roden wrote:You guys terrified me with all these votes, I was worried someone was about to get hammered before I could finish catching up on posts.

Val, please don't self hammer, I genuinely don't think it's you. Nancy is town locked for me and your spat with her was so TvT it hurts.

Scum is between Clark and Grandpa,100%. I'm not voting Val and if Clark continues to push him I'll vote Clark today. I've been leaning more towards Grandpa as the game goes on but I'm convinced that any push on Val has to be scum motivated. I don't believe even Nancy votes Val in a F3 scenario and scum likely believes the same.

Look how passive all of this is.

Roden is just town here. He's frustrating people, I understand but town.

-bear beraio
Norangal
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by House »

In post 156, Angel Warriors wrote:
Spoiler:
Roden wrote:
In post 318, Psyche wrote:he has been
Oop :oops:
In post 319, Val89 wrote:
In post 316, Roden wrote:Backing off like this is such a townie move I'd almost consider it a town slip
I wasn't going to comment on it because I thought it was self-evident on it's own, but did you read that as something other than "sorry you are so stupid Val, I shouldn't have expected you to play good like us SE slots." I can only assume there was a very surface level reading if it was taken as an actual apology.

Is there something townie about that?
Yes, what you described is exactly why I think it's a townie reaction. A lot of SEs are kinda predictable in newbie games, at least from what I've noticed. Arrogant/cocky/aggressive SEs have a town tell where they either get sweaty and try to solo solve the game, or they recognize they're getting too sweaty for a newbie game and back off. If they're scum, they're just manipulative because they believe they can easily trick newbies (which they actually easily can).

Nancy here seems to fit the mold for the type of SE I'm describing. If she were scum she wouldn't continue to be hostile to you while backing off, or reiterate how frustrated she is and specifically explain why she's frustrated. It could be AtE admittedly, which is why she isn't confirmed town for me. But I don't see how continuing to push the issue here could sort her further or progress the game in any way.

Roden wrote:
In post 769, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 768, Val89 wrote:I really need to hear fom Grandpa on what's in James' ISO that makes him think {Clark, Roden}.
yea i just came back with work...

expect like a complete analysis on james readlist on why i do expect its clark / roden in a couple of hours

tldr; this is manly based on james interactions with clark nd roden (the post that nancy pointed out of james) i noticed it from that and started quick skimming jame's iso and seeing their reads.
Oh, you actually are suspecting me. I guessed that was a typo because your earlier post said Chuck instead of Clark, and it looked like you were accusing Nancy of thinking that.

Either way, we've already been over this. For me to be scum I'd have to have hard bussed Blurry/James before the replacement even came in. Psyche had scum read Blurry first, but the wagon didn't start until I repeatedly kept bringing attention to Blurry and soft accused Val of trying to divert attention by arguing with Nancy. Even when James subbed in, I kept my vote on his slot and continued to pressure him.

It's not like I couldn't pivot out to another wagon either. Nancy had multiple people going after her and I'd already stated that I didn't trust Val's intentions at the time. If I was scum, all I'd have to do is completely ignore Blurry and help Val put pressure on Nancy. Literally all I'd have to do is shut up and James would likely still be in the game.

If you don't believe me, go look back at what happened. It starts around page 10 I believe. I specifically say that I think the early wagon on you was bad and that we should look more at Blurry.

Roden wrote:You guys terrified me with all these votes, I was worried someone was about to get hammered before I could finish catching up on posts.

Val, please don't self hammer, I genuinely don't think it's you. Nancy is town locked for me and your spat with her was so TvT it hurts.

Scum is between Clark and Grandpa,100%. I'm not voting Val and if Clark continues to push him I'll vote Clark today. I've been leaning more towards Grandpa as the game goes on but I'm convinced that any push on Val has to be scum motivated. I don't believe even Nancy votes Val in a F3 scenario and scum likely believes the same.

Look how passive all of this is.

Roden is just town here. He's frustrating people, I understand but town.

-bear beraio
That's all well and good, but he needs to learn that focusing on defending himself instead of actually trying to find scum isn't going to be a productive tactic, especially when he's in no active danger of being eliminated.

It's 2 votes. His focus should be on who is scum, not who is voting him on early d1 for reasons that are obviously going to be flimsy (as all votes are going to be flimsy at this stage).

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 148, Angel Warriors wrote:I didnt bother to read roden's scum game last time, but he is actually right that his scum game is all nice.
a brief brief skim truly does show that he plays "nice" in scum games
viewtopic.php?t=87026&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Roden, I get it. you're town but there's no reason to act the way you are. I understand that you think your scum and town games are vastly different but that doesn't mean other people can see it as clearly. we are sorting you in good faith and you gain nothing from lashing out at everyone.

I tried very hard to work with you in summertime. If you decide to treat me the way you did that game, I am going to be very upset. Please stop. I will town case you. Stop arguing with people and just think. You are engaging people that you think are town in such bad faith. That is not going to get you anywhere. Literally, they are only going to get upset and think you are scum. What do you gain from that? You gain nothing so please stop.

-beario
I play like this as town because I rely more on logic than vibes. I genuinely have trouble reading interactions and I'm not good at catching lies/reading intentions. But I'm fairly competent at catching people when it comes to their reactions.

In our newbie game I knew you were town and town locked you once I figured out your playstyle, and you almost read me correctly multiple times but our playstyles clashed too much. I genuinely believe we lost that game the moment you replaced out because Bulge wasn't bothering to solve. We both heavily suspected Italiano/Cabd and I think we could have Day 1'd him if we came together there.

Btw I don't actually scum read you. Your responses are actually pretty townie but I pushed to see how genuine you were. I think you're genuinely trying to read me here.
House wrote:
In post 147, Roden wrote:I'm honestly super easy to read and consider it one of my bigger weaknesses, but most people just don't bother trying to read me for whatever reason. They just vibe check a random post then park their vote.
You're not exactly giving me much to work with.

Who's scum? All you seen to care about is whining about my vote.

Get over it and scum hunt.
What do you think I'm doing?

Don't complain about my attitude if you're just gonna be rude and complain yourself. I don't know if you're actually town and it would be a bad play to blindly believe your claim.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Roden »

I think I've hit a real sore spot with House. Reads like genuine town frustration though.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 158, Roden wrote:Don't complain about my attitude if you're just gonna be rude and complain yourself. I don't know if you're actually town and it would be a bad play to blindly believe your claim.
What do you make of ?

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Roden »

Also considering the activity so far and who's gotten invested, I think it's likely scum consists of largely passive players since they're just letting us argue. So I'm actually gonna cool it a bit because passive scum tend to lose if town doesnt cannibalize itself. That's all that playstyle can rely on if they don't want to try to run the town themselves.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by House »

Fairly solid post. Nice.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by House »

UNVOTE:

I have a notion on who I want to vote next, but I want to see a little more from that player, first.

Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

interesting. roden is now acting super towny. I'm inclined to go back to SR him again.

-indecisivenornor
Norangal
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by House »

In post 164, Angel Warriors wrote:interesting. roden is now acting super towny. I'm inclined to go back to SR him again.

-indecisivenornor

Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

So the thing is that seeing him blow up over a couple votes really reminded me of summertime.
then looking at his scum game was a real OH WOW moment there like wtf the contrast is insane.

I guess I'm worried because he's sounding too towny now. and I can easy excuse the blow ups by saying "oh well its directly targeted at me so I'll TR him by meta"
and mom thinks his reasons to SR us are total crap and I do trust in her reads a lot.
IDK.

-sucks
Norangal
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 160, House wrote:
In post 158, Roden wrote:Don't complain about my attitude if you're just gonna be rude and complain yourself. I don't know if you're actually town and it would be a bad play to blindly believe your claim.
What do you make of ?
NAI but it's an easy town cred post if scum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 167, Roden wrote:
What do you make of ?
I think scum would be more likely to grant an instant townread over a powerful pr claim because they lack the paranoia of not knowing my alignment.

Of course, my partner would also not have that paranoia, as well.

I was just curious about where your head was with that.

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 164, Angel Warriors wrote:interesting. roden is now acting super towny. I'm inclined to go back to SR him again.

-indecisivenornor
In post 166, Angel Warriors wrote:So the thing is that seeing him blow up over a couple votes really reminded me of summertime.
then looking at his scum game was a real OH WOW moment there like wtf the contrast is insane.

I guess I'm worried because he's sounding too towny now. and I can easy excuse the blow ups by saying "oh well its directly targeted at me so I'll TR him by meta"
and mom thinks his reasons to SR us are total crap and I do trust in her reads a lot.
IDK.

-sucks
Fair assessment tbh but I wouldn't need to WIFOM you like that. I'd just play nice right from the start since you respond better to that. The fact Nora is being consistent with her reactions from before is what makes me town read your slot.
Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

oh that's not wifom lol.

-bear beario
Norangal
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 168, House wrote:
In post 167, Roden wrote:
What do you make of ?
I think scum would be more likely to grant an instant townread over a powerful pr claim because they lack the paranoia of not knowing my alignment.

Of course, my partner would also not have that paranoia, as well.

I was just curious about where your head was with that.
Normally I'd agree but it's T3, he himself has already said he town reads people no matter his alignment and I believe it's an honest admission. He'll make his alignment clear eventually, so I'm not looking too much into it atm. It'll be good to look at when ISO diving towards EoD though.
Angel Warriors wrote:oh that's not wifom lol.

-bear beario
Not surprised I misused the term tbh.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by House »

Titus, wru?

Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

mommaaaaa bearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-nornorbearbear
Norangal
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

What do you make of ?
That post stood out to me as well. I was considering voting Angels earlier, but that post left me inclined to leave it on T3 for now

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”