cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 419, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 417, cyrus62 wrote:Red tea I'm hunting scum I just don't give town reads leans or nul reads nor do I give scum reads leans . If I think I found scum I vote them till I see a flip.
So you don't hunt scum? You wait for scum to slip. Scum hunting is partly identifying somebody you find suspicious, acting based on those suspicions, and going from there. You're just waiting on others to do the work. The majority of your posts are fluff unfortunately.
UNVOTE: Dwell99
VOTE: cyrus62
i don't wait . I just haveing a hard time hunting scum this game for three reasons. 1 I don't know how many scum thire are . 2 I don't know ow many diffent teams there are and 3 I don't know don't how many diffent roles thire are . I don't think role fishing is pro team but pgo and rampaging are two dicey roles I think we should out to protect town power roles but it's up to town to decide on how we hander this.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 246, Marashu wrote:3 scum counting cult. If we don't find the leader fast that becomes a huge problem. And still 3 people who haven't claimed, so there might be more.

PEdit - is there a town reason to lie about rolls?
If I had to guess, there's only 2 reasons I can think of:
1) Scum are much less likely to look hard for a Town Even-Night Doctor than a Town Doubled Doctor.
2) As the PGO to somehow make yourself a bigger target.
(ISOing currently hence the response to the old post)

Entirely honest:
In post 397, Marashu wrote:It is possible that I might be able to give fruit.
I don't understand. You're claiming a non-Mafia aligned Fruit Vendor, of which was the role that cyrus62 lied about?
In post 409, Marashu wrote:while hunting for scum because they can't cult them if they have a PT.
Where was this mentioned? I can't find a comment on it on the Wiki.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 423, redtea wrote:
In post 420, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 286, redtea wrote:but could be improved town
This is just for my understanding because I've seen it before but never actually asked what it means, what does "improved town" mean?
er, what i mean is based on your meta. your scum play had a much more imbalanced word count/substance ratio. Your current play seems more balanced, but you're also definitely participating more than what I saw in your town games. Based on that, either you're scum toning it down, or town improving your game, is what my thoughts were.
I had a bit of a motivation drop after a Newbie scum game didn't go well, we won but not well, but I don't like to harbour much on my previous games, I would much prefer to be judged by my content this game instead of perceived meta, just as I'll do with my reads on others. Thank you for explaining though.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 427, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 423, redtea wrote:
In post 420, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 286, redtea wrote:but could be improved town
This is just for my understanding because I've seen it before but never actually asked what it means, what does "improved town" mean?
er, what i mean is based on your meta. your scum play had a much more imbalanced word count/substance ratio. Your current play seems more balanced, but you're also definitely participating more than what I saw in your town games. Based on that, either you're scum toning it down, or town improving your game, is what my thoughts were.
I had a bit of a motivation drop after a Newbie scum game didn't go well, we won but not well, but I don't like to harbour much on my previous games, I would much prefer to be judged by my content this game instead of perceived meta, just as I'll do with my reads on others. Thank you for explaining though.
is this a alt ?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Roles that could hurt town with out even targeting town . I should have fully read the wiki on pgo more before starting the game. I did not know it was a role that needed to be outed.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Can we reasonably assume, scum has justification to tell the truth about their rolls? The only reason I could think of is if their declared role gets Night Killed or Hammered, so they get town credability for telling the truth? Surely they'd be better off lying, as it would be very difficult to prove them otherwise without investigative luck or a lot of dead town.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Rampaging and pgo could wipe out half the town power in one night then ww. Scum cult and alien could take out 4 town . Yep this will be a tricky game.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 428, cyrus62 wrote:is this a alt ?
No? If you want to know what happened, it was Newbie 2070, I was excited to try playing as Scum, then got Day 1 hammered because my predecesor didn't finish a sentence.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 430, JamesTheNames wrote:Can we reasonably assume, scum has justification to tell the truth about their rolls? The only reason I could think of is if their declared role gets Night Killed or Hammered, so they get town credability for telling the truth? Surely they'd be better off lying, as it would be very difficult to prove them otherwise without investigative luck or a lot of dead town.
So assuming each team has 2 . 2+2+1+2 = 7 maybe there is no 3dr party idk like I said not know x= y over c if c is the number of players and y is the number of rolls then X = the number of teams and roles.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 432, JamesTheNames wrote:
No? If you want to know what happened, it was Newbie 2070, I was excited to try playing as Scum, then got Day 1 hammered because my predecesor didn't finish a sentence.
Ouch that's almost as bad as my 1st scum game . People kept his replacing out so the game was frozen plus I had to play alone for 27 days on day2 . Day1 and 2 I was town read . But due to day2 lasting 27 days and being alone due to partner replacing out I couldn't keep it up. Past end of day2. But don't worry your get there.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

13 - 7 = 6 can't be not enough town.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 434, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 432, JamesTheNames wrote:
Ouch that's almost as bad as my 1st scum game . People kept his replacing out so the game was frozen plus I had to play alone for 27 days on day2 . Day1 and 2 I was town read . But due to day2 lasting 27 days and being alone due to partner replacing out I couldn't keep it up. Past end of day2. But don't worry your get there.
My predecesor that game made 3 posts and some suspicions arose because of one awkward unfinished sentence, and the suspicions because of it didn't stop growing. Pain.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 426, JamesTheNames wrote:
Entirely honest:
I don't understand. You're claiming a non-Mafia aligned Fruit Vendor, of which was the role that cyrus62 lied about?
I am not claiming Fruit Vendor. I am claiming that, as town, I may or may not be able to give fruit. The way cyrus claimed it is what made me think he might be lying, since I do not see my role in the list. Read into the rest of it as you will.
In post 409, Marashu wrote:while hunting for scum because they can't cult them if they have a PT.
See:
In post 2, Cook wrote:
  • Town and 3p members are always able to be culted. Groupscum are able to be culted if there are no other members of their team left alive. Atheists (Mason-type who know they aren't Cult) cannot be culted.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 435, cyrus62 wrote:13 - 7 = 6 can't be not enough town.
I think we're looking at an 8 Town 3/4 Scum 1/2 Other game.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 437, Marashu wrote:
Entirely honest:
I am not claiming Fruit Vendor. I am claiming that, as town, I may or may not be able to give fruit. The way cyrus claimed it is what made me think he might be lying, since I do not see my role in the list. Read into the rest of it as you will.
See:
In post 2, Cook wrote:
  • Town and 3p members are always able to be culted. Groupscum are able to be culted if there are no other members of their team left alive. Atheists (Mason-type who know they aren't Cult) cannot be culted.
I said 7 7 1 pgo no mod wth saying I said fruit vendor I haven't lied and I get very very upset being acused of such even if it's a game . I'll go ape over it very quickly I don't lie.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

I'm off to sleep peace.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 439, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 437, Marashu wrote:
Entirely honest:
See:
In post 2, Cook wrote:
I said 7 7 1 pgo no mod wth saying I said fruit vendor I haven't lied and I get very very upset being acused of such even if it's a game . I'll go ape over it very quickly I don't lie.
*shrugs* then it must have been someone else who lied.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 441, Marashu wrote:*shrugs* then it must have been someone else who lied.
The vibe I'm currently getting as of this very post, was that cyrus62's actual roll was: [13-18, 7, _].
I actually think I know who the PGO would be, but I'm not sure that it's a non-Town PGO yet, so I won't tell you who, why or how I came to this conclusion just yet. However this person I suspect to be a PGO has increased my confidence in my scum read on cyrus62.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 442, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 441, Marashu wrote:*shrugs* then it must have been someone else who lied.
The vibe I'm currently getting as of this very post, was that cyrus62's actual roll was: [13-18, 7, _].
I actually think I know who the PGO would be, but I'm not sure that it's a non-Town PGO yet, so I won't tell you who, why or how I came to this conclusion just yet. However this person I suspect to be a PGO has increased my confidence in my scum read on cyrus62.
My roll was 7,7,1 omg :mad: I'm telling the truth okay .getting a strong urge to swer .
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 359, JamesTheNames wrote:These are the current roll claims, who made them, and the post they were made in:
Cyrus62 - [7, 7, 1] Town Paranoid Gun Owner with no modification -
Dragon of the West - [1-13, 5, ?] Town Neighborizer with an unknown modification -
Dwlee99 - [12, 8, 14] Town Parity Cop with a Multitasking modication -
JamesTheNames - [6, 10, 7] Town Tracker with an Even-Night modification -
Marashu - [1-13, 8, 7] Town Parity Cop with an Even-Night modification -
MegAzumarill - [19, 17, 20] Cult Bus Driver with a Reroll Twice modification -
Nero Cain - [1-13, 9, ?] Town Rolecop with an unknown Modification -
Redtea - [14, 6, 20] Mafia Fruit Vendor with a Reroll Twice modification -
Robert M Hunter - [2, 19, 3] Town Roleblocker with no modification -
SirCakez - [1-13, 9, 20] Town Rolecop with a Reroll Twice modication -
Ssbm_Kyouko - [13, 8, 1] Mafia Parity Cop with no modification -
T3 - [1-13, 14, 5] Town Voyeur with a Multitasking modification -
Thor Ragnarok - [1-13, 19, ?] Town Roleblocker with an unknown modification -
Looks like we have 10-2-1 by claims. It seems likely there are people lying considering the alignment distribution alone, but there are also several instances of duplicated roles where it will become ambiguous who is lying in a mechanical 1v1. Town was only expected to roll 60% of the time, so realistically we can assume that even if everyone told the truth that 1-2 of the town roles had the alignment die changed to something else. To be closer to 60% of the players (7.8 players)
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:11 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 413, redtea wrote:like i want to believe's dragon's read because he's played with you before but I'm not convinced.
I'm not overly confident Cyrus is town, it's just that I've seen town!cyrus act totally anti town. He tends to get tunneled and entire day phases get wasted focused on him.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:13 am

In post 399, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 398, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 395, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 378, Dragon of the West wrote:Stop trying to make him make sense, he never does even when he's town
All the more reason to hammer then?
Anti-town is anti-town. Even if a person always acts in an anti-town fashion or a weird fashion does not change that fact.
Just feels like a wasted lim tbh. Otherwise I'd just lim Cyrus as the very first lim in every game I'm in with him because he's always anti town
I suspect this is a policy matter we are going to just have to agree to disagree on.
You might be right. I'm willing to listen to why policy limming him every game is the right move, it just seems like a free mislim for scum when he's town though
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:17 am

In post 415, redtea wrote:Spoiler: @Dragon
In post 336, Dragon of the West wrote:
Cyrus is permanent VI in my mind, I don't really care about limming there until like closer to Melo unless it's just absolutely assured he's scum

if he's either scum or VI then why in the world would you save him for melo
In post 336, Dragon of the West wrote:
scum
Guess I'll see how cakez catch-up goes but I'm tempted to sheep T3 on his Cakez read

why's that
Closer to Melo, as in limmed before melo but later in the game. I would never want to let him get TO Melo.

Me thinking of sheeping T3 is because 1) this seems like a towny T3 2) I've never played with Cakez so I have no meta background there, and 3) there wasn't much about anyone's play so far that pinged me so sheeping a townlean of mine to create pressure feels like it might be the best option
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:34 am

In post 421, JamesTheNames wrote:@Dragon of the West, 2 things:

1) Why are you so determined to stop be pushing cyrus62? I'd understand a comment or two, but 6/13 of your posts relate basically to people wasting time pushing / policy voting cyrus62. I don't think this is AI I just find it really strange, it would be far too convenient for this to be a scum defence after all.

2) Why do you think an increase in Thor Ragnarok's activity would be scum indicative? I really had Thor Ragnarok pegged as a Jester, but nobody rolled it (provided people told the truth), and I can't think of a single case where a person wouldn't out a Jester existing.
1) You can push Cyrus if you like at this point, and you could be right that he's scum. I guess my thought process was:
- you seem towny, so I don't want fellow town wasting their time or tunneling on a slot for reasons that aren't AI for a given player that they're unfamiliar with. Figured I'd at least try to explain to you how he is
- in a selfish way, I wanted to avoid having to read the sludge that ends up resulting in a back and forth with Cyrus when someone tries to use reason or logic with him

2) The implication of Thor becoming more active in a later day phase is that they may have gotten recruited. Not necessarily rock solid but it could be an indicator based on what they've said so far
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:00 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i like to know how me agreeing with the people who didnt want to clime rolls makes me scum . i would also like to know how thinking you got the role makes me scum or how thinking you crumbed it makes me scum. i think james is just anti team or 3dr party hoping for a easy mis elimination. but i wont spend my time on it i will keep pushing nero who i think is scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”