Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2545, skitter30 wrote:i mean i'm gonna look at it as a composite of both people, i can't just toss out half of it altogether

and i guess gypyx is just the opposoite for me. it hasn't been good but like it isn't scummy either, and most of what he's doing can be reasonably explained by irl things that he's alluded to (tests, being tired, etc)

i don't know anything about dwlee so i can't speak for any meta there, i'm not sure i've even ever been in a game with them before
my read on dwlee is influence by meta, since i've seen them try hard more as scum, but it is a small sample

still though, i think that logic applies in the abstract whether or not you've seen someone's meta

i'm sort of wondering where else you're looking if not to dwlee (and maybe me) but then again unwnd hasn't really towntold yet
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2544, unwnd wrote:
In post 2541, skitter30 wrote:i think we just need to get 2 consensus scummy people in the chair and that would give us the bset outcome for the event overall
If the consensus is Dwlee/Gypyx/Toog because the more involved crowd is off-limits then I don't think it's going end up well

And if the consensus is me then you already know lol. I've been thinking about just letting Ydrasse in, but the only person who really has said 'i think she's scum' point blank is peta. Everyone else is skirting around it or disagrees
that's not the consensus at all, and what i meant is that i dont' really want to put in people's random pet scumreads like peta/ulayna that have been cropping up because i'm not as convinced they will hit scum
and i'm not even convinced that that group has more than like 1 scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2513, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2482, ulyana wrote:wait what
In post 2483, ulyana wrote:whose consensus
Is this @ me
I already explained I kinda echo chamber’d myself
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2546, petapan wrote:
In post 2538, unwnd wrote:I'm not trying to make some grandiose point but Dwlee vote to me just seems so flat and not really game-changing. Same thing with Toog/Gypyx really. I think I would want to use the execution for realistically a more controversial read matched with a (Toog/Gypyx) type person because I'm certain the Pooky switch is not an informed Toog/Gypyx/Dwlee groupscum decision, even if nobody has implied they think that could contain the whole groupscum.

As an aside, I don't know what people see in Saber but I also don't have the proper words at this time.
refer to my immediate rant about people not wanting to kill players who aren't trying to solve the game and wanting something ~spicy~ instead that ends up being a miss

if you want something else, make a case but these feeble little protests do nothing

how much of the game have you read, anyway?
A decent chunk overnight. I went back about as far to where Gamma was being executed, and then a little bit of this phase afterwards. It was in skim but it was a read nonetheless

I'm aware of the futility of me saying it, but I still disagree so I'm going to say it anyways. Do you think Toog/Gypyx/Dwlee in a combination of two would be fine then?
Stop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2543, Infinity 324 wrote:holding onto the read means that a) i'm claiming pets and gypyx are both scum but i townread peta or b) gypyx is scummy for having a thought process that town also had which is pretty questionable
fair enough
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2551, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2544, unwnd wrote:
In post 2541, skitter30 wrote:i think we just need to get 2 consensus scummy people in the chair and that would give us the bset outcome for the event overall
If the consensus is Dwlee/Gypyx/Toog because the more involved crowd is off-limits then I don't think it's going end up well

And if the consensus is me then you already know lol. I've been thinking about just letting Ydrasse in, but the only person who really has said 'i think she's scum' point blank is peta. Everyone else is skirting around it or disagrees
that's not the consensus at all, and what i meant is that i dont' really want to put in people's random pet scumreads like peta/ulayna that have been cropping up because i'm not as convinced they will hit scum
and i'm not even convinced that that group has more than like 1 scum
I pretty much agree with this and think Toog/Dwlee/Gypx pairing at best has one scum
Stop
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

ulyana
Ydrasse
SirCakez
Infinity 324
Toogeloo
Dunnstral

Here's a list of people I'd be cool shooting each other today. I vaguely remember townreading the other people the last time I was actually thinking about the game, but I don't feel super confident in this poe.
I prefer they, thanks :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2549, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2545, skitter30 wrote:i mean i'm gonna look at it as a composite of both people, i can't just toss out half of it altogether

and i guess gypyx is just the opposoite for me. it hasn't been good but like it isn't scummy either, and most of what he's doing can be reasonably explained by irl things that he's alluded to (tests, being tired, etc)

i don't know anything about dwlee so i can't speak for any meta there, i'm not sure i've even ever been in a game with them before
Hurt you don't remember me tunneling my kerset/you/cakez solve in C9++
i'm sorry!
Show
Hiatus once more.

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

I put my preemptive vote for something like Ydrasse/Infinity in the event

I think resolving those two would be useful and yes I do think one scum is contained in them
Stop
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

taly would talking through some things help? idk it happens often that i disagree with my trs cause i approach the game differently from most people, but i also don't have a super solid view of the gamestate

but also i feel like with peta specifically it's kind of in character for him to be dismissive of your sr there and also it makes sense, like he said he's not really in danger of being limmed
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2547, Taly wrote:I think my drive to punish slots I believe have been bad for thread health is obstructing my reads
if you want tto punish people who have been bad for thread health you should look at the people not trying to solve the game, and not me, because i very much am

if you find me swearing and being rude distateful then simply say so and i will try to tone it down but doing so does not make me scum
free crypto
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm just here for the punch and pie.

But I will say there are certain people I enjoy the company of and would be sad to see them go, while there are also party poopers who can show themselves out.

Eliminations seem to come from the people who play the events. People don't want me in the events because I might just do something, "random."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2550, Infinity 324 wrote:still though, i think that logic applies in the abstract whether or not you've seen someone's meta

i'm sort of wondering where else you're looking if not to dwlee (and maybe me) but then again unwnd hasn't really towntold yet
for the first point: strongly disagree, i think it very much depends on someone's meta and how they're likely to play the game
second point: dwlee/unwnd/dunn maybe ydra maybe maybe you
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I got disconnected from this game cause a lot has happened and I am on vacation so need to kind of get back into it but I also have a busy week coming up with exams and homework so I guess I'll see what happens. Obviously don't want to be in the shootout so if you need more from me feel free to ask where my head's at and I can try to actively devote more time to this game in place of my daily stare at the ceiling routine
skitter30 wrote:
In post 2549, Dwlee99 wrote:

Hurt you don't remember me tunneling my kerset/you/cakez solve in C9++
i'm sorry!
I was kidding! :P
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2552, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2513, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2482, ulyana wrote:wait what
In post 2483, ulyana wrote:whose consensus
Is this @ me
I already explained I kinda echo chamber’d myself
no it was me agreeing with ulayana's reaction
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2553, unwnd wrote:
In post 2538, unwnd wrote:I'm not trying to make some grandiose point but Dwlee vote to me just seems so flat and not really game-changing. Same thing with Toog/Gypyx really. I think I would want to use the execution for realistically a more controversial read matched with a (Toog/Gypyx) type person because I'm certain the Pooky switch is not an informed Toog/Gypyx/Dwlee groupscum decision, even if nobody has implied they think that could contain the whole groupscum.

As an aside, I don't know what people see in Saber but I also don't have the proper words at this time.
refer to my immediate rant about people not wanting to kill players who aren't trying to solve the game and wanting something ~spicy~ instead that ends up being a miss

if you want something else, make a case but these feeble little protests do nothing

A decent chunk overnight. I went back about as far to where Gamma was being executed, and then a little bit of this phase afterwards. It was in skim but it was a read nonetheless

I'm aware of the futility of me saying it, but I still disagree so I'm going to say it anyways. Do you think Toog/Gypyx/Dwlee in a combination of two would be fine then?
what are your reads like

no, i don't want to kill gypyx and have expressed as much, dwlee is decidedly only a slot i don't townread but don't have a strong desire to kill
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2561, Toogeloo wrote:I'm just here for the punch and pie.

But I will say there are certain people I enjoy the company of and would be sad to see them go, while there are also party poopers who can show themselves out.

Eliminations seem to come from the people who play the events. People don't want me in the events because I might just do something, "random."
Is your like and dislike list all personal? Meaning, you're just operating at a level where you'd rather just play with people you enjoy regardless of them being scum? lol
Stop
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2558, unwnd wrote:I put my preemptive vote for something like Ydrasse/Infinity in the event

I think resolving those two would be useful and yes I do think one scum is contained in them
do you have solid reasons to think ydrasse is scum if i'm town?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Ftr I think anyone trying to place me in the poe for this phase cause I've been inactive is kind of wack. Take issue with my last event sure but the site meta of you didn't post much for a weekend now you're scum is just not how that works
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Actually last event doesn't really count either cause that's the first day I went on vacation. Game is moving fast
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2565, petapan wrote:

what are your reads like

no, i don't want to kill gypyx and have expressed as much, dwlee is decidedly only a slot i don't townread but don't have a strong desire to kill
My expressed distaste of lacking townreads hasn't changed. I recently moved Dunn down and I'm still basically at Gamma obvious town (shocker) and then middling feelings for a lot of people but not enough to put them at the same level. I'm only at 'I dislike these people and would flip them for equity' which isn't my favorite place to be.

I do think some people I would be against not executing, but that's not a townread and more like it doesn't personally invest me lol
Stop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm not sure anyone's putting you in the poe cuz you're inactive
(that reminds me i am actually wondering where cakez is tho ...)

~
dwlee if you're able to can you give like a bit about why you're liking the not-event-pool slots?
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2570, unwnd wrote:
In post 2565, petapan wrote:

what are your reads like

My expressed distaste of lacking townreads hasn't changed. I recently moved Dunn down and I'm still basically at Gamma obvious town (shocker) and then middling feelings for a lot of people but not enough to put them at the same level. I'm only at 'I dislike these people and would flip them for equity' which isn't my favorite place to be.

I do think some people I would be against not executing, but that's not a townread and more like it doesn't personally invest me lol
so you don't have strong townreads but feel strongly about who would/would not be a good elimination?
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2571, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure anyone's putting you in the poe cuz you're inactive

~
dwlee if you're able to can you give like a bit about why you're liking the not-event-pool slots?
hi i will be here shortly sorry
fall break gonna fall break
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2571, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure anyone's putting you in the poe cuz you're inactive

~
I'm pretty sure that's exactly why my name has been coming up because people are going "oh dwlee is in the game? Okay I'd vote them"

What is a not-event-pool slot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”