Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:54 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 738, Datisi wrote:i would like to thank all of you for not spamming additional 30 pages while i was asleep
In post 698, midwaybear wrote:
In post 682, Datisi wrote:
In post 679, midwaybear wrote:because I really think you are scum.
what's making you so confident this early?
I didn't like your interaction with IV earlier and how you both sort of didn't want to go any further. I also found a bit off. But yeah, that doesn't warrant this level of confidence so I don't think I will ISO you rn or anything like that.
i actually think this makes midway kinda townie? like, his whole read of me. i feel like scum!him in this situation would go "i have a light scumread on datisi based on this". and the way he's going "i really think datisi is scum but i think i'm getting confbiased here" makes me think it's more likely that the thoughts are actually real? like, i *think* scum here would be spending more time fleshing out the read on me or trying to justify it, and wouldn't be wasting time in writing how confident they are on it, especially considering scum!him would know these reasons aren't really good and that i *can* post a lot and be annoying so like idk i just don't see this coming from scum!him

also the "datisi/nsg are s/s" feels like a plausible thought.
In post 700, Andante wrote:
In post 679, midwaybear wrote:Scum theater. But, I feel like I'm getting too conf biased (around your slot) because I really think you are scum. I'm starting to build a narrative that makes you scum regardless of other alignments(nsg/skitter), and I don't think that is very good. Maybe you are scum, but I don't want to tunnel at this point.
This post. feels too much like something scum would say. like a "ok.. backing off on my push on you.. cause I know you're town... and this isn't working for me" those are definitely the vibes I get from that post.
why do you think scum!midway would be backing off his push on me *already*? like, i'm more scumread than townread, it's not like anyone is getting heat for scumreading me, like literally three seconds ago i started townreading someone for scumreading me? what's the logic behind this?
In post 702, northsidegal wrote:but even still i suppose the point that i'm trying to get across is that you still need some kind of relevant body of work for reference and it just seems strange to me that you take one game as sufficient for that.
is this you just disagreeing with skitter about the quality of her read or is it saying you think skitter's scummy for it? if the latter, is there a reason you didn't mention my townread of andante which is arguably of worse quality?
In post 708, skitter30 wrote:
In post 675, Datisi wrote:
generally, what makes me townie and what mostly makes my towngames is gut reads, in-moment thoughts, and feeling mostly relaxed and natural
(and townbloc building, but that's follows after reads, obviously). now, the gut reads and thoughts aren't present because this game feels like mud currently and i've gotten very little from it so far. and, i'm aware i'm sounding a bit off tonally, mostly around iv, because this is like the 4th game in recent times where we start off with "r u scum though" and it's gotten repetitive.
also, do you not think you're doing this?
up until the point i posted that? no, i don't think i was doing that. mainly because i saw very little of this game that actually made me think "x is y alignment" (that one post from andante being town!indicative is a rare example). so if i wasn't *having* reads, i knew i didn't post them either. and considering a lot of my relaxedness comes from the fact that i have gutreads and i can act based upon them, and i wasn't having them at that point... yeah, i think i wasn't doing that either.

why do you ask? do you like, disagree that i was giving reads or something? you yourself said you thought my more recent posts weren't as relaxed as before...
In post 729, innocentvillager wrote:if ur so tired of these interactions why do you still engage in them/feel half-reluctant to? don’t you usually get some useful read out of me
because i feel a sort of obligation to? it's like a long-running inside joke, we always scumread each other at the beginning of the game, sort of how i pretty much always open with "oh no ico rolled scum for the umpteenth time" when i play with him recently. or how i joke about george/norwee being scum together. it's a running joke. the problem is that i don't actually GET anything from you alignemnt-wise as i get from ico or george (because i actually kind of don't suck at reading those two). my way of reading you is generally "wait an in-game day or two, and THEN read iv" because form what i know of you, your start as scum is good but you get tired the more the game progresses, while you don't get the same tiredness as town. i can't read you early game and i don't try to. but i continue the joke, mostly because of social pressure actually. i don't wanna be the person that stopped doing the joke, it feels rude.

if i was giving the impression that i was actually successfully sorting you in last games, lol idk. in that mini normal, your early "scumread" of me felt contrasting enough to the rest of the game's read of me that i felt like i could actually get insight into your thoughts there. here i would just go "yeah i can see it" because i CAN see it because this game feels like mud currently.
In post 730, innocentvillager wrote:how do you think scum!you approaches/pockets me/pushes me?
no clue. i did think about what i would do if i rolled scum against you in some prior games, and my generally plan would've been "try to survive d1, kill him asap on n1". as for how would the "try to survive d1" look, no clue.

when did this turn into a wall i'm gonna post it for now
Datisi re: midway section

Hmm maybe? You just asked him specifically why he was so confident on his read on you whether he already admitted that he didn’t want to tunnel so wouldn’t you expect scum!him to assess how confident he could be publicly be about the read, realize the reasons weren’t amazing, and back off a little

It’s less the reaction that I like but more the early conviction on you in the previous post where he goes “really thjnk Datisi is scum but maybe confbias” part feels kind of assertively nuanced in a way that’s not easy for scum to fake so I will admit this is a point in his favor/your argument
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 739, Datisi wrote:i skipped over this originally - skitt, is this just a general read? because from what i remember of my own scumplay, my plan in the early game often was "post some nonsense, if
someone starts attacking me, pry into their read on me, poke holes in their case and argue with them
". now, i can't remember if you've *played* in any games where i've done that as scum, but i don't remember my recent scumplay reflecting what catboi said at all, so.
Not sure how to answer this/kinda just what i said earlier ... your back and forth with nsg feels weird on your end and just kinda overly defensive, and ngl it kinda seems like you're doing the bolded
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 740, Datisi wrote:now, this might look like i am just sheeping catboi, but

VOTE: s_s
really Bad Vote (and so was catboi's tbh)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:56 am

In post 748, skitter30 wrote:
In post 731, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 725, skitter30 wrote:
In post 723, catboi wrote:Was thinking about how scum are typically more conciliatory toward scumreads on them in the early game and mulling over Datisi's response to nsg in my head and but don't know how much I believe that
fwiw i was lowkey thinking the same
specifically that datisi is scum bc he’s being conciliatory and passive?
Well idk if it *makes* him scum, but that interaction on his side pinged me a bit, and it was a bit overly defensive imo. Or like caring too much abt nsg's criticism if that makes sense
do u think caring about his thread appearance/being preemptively defensive is scum!indicative for Datisi?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

Idk, i think he does it aa both alignments tbh, i'm not really saying i scumread him for it so much as it pinged me
Show
Hiatus once more.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:59 am

yea I was asking because I don’t think it’s scum indicative for him as well

why do you think it pinged if you know he’s capable of this behavior as both alignments?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:59 am

also when you say pinged I immediately think “scumtell” idk maybe ur using the term differently than me

i guess ur using it more like “stuck out” ?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 751, skitter30 wrote:
In post 739, Datisi wrote:i skipped over this originally - skitt, is this just a general read? because from what i remember of my own scumplay, my plan in the early game often was "post some nonsense, if
someone starts attacking me, pry into their read on me, poke holes in their case and argue with them
". now, i can't remember if you've *played* in any games where i've done that as scum, but i don't remember my recent scumplay reflecting what catboi said at all, so.
Not sure how to answer this/kinda just what i said earlier ... your back and forth with nsg feels weird on your end and just kinda overly defensive, and ngl it kinda seems like you're doing the bolded
er, you do get that i meant it as "attack them for it"? like, going "yeah lol i can see that" without offering any case for why they're wrong is something i never do. and how was i being defensive with nsg? like, i literally said "you are right i'm playing scummy af" how is that defensive??
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 am

In post 752, skitter30 wrote:
In post 740, Datisi wrote:now, this might look like i am just sheeping catboi, but

VOTE: s_s
really Bad Vote (and so was catboi's tbh)
what’s wrong with the vote? voting for a low content slot is bad? no explanation?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Datisi »

is something i never do as scum* hopefully it's obvious from context
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:01 am

In post 757, Datisi wrote:
In post 751, skitter30 wrote:
er, you do get that i meant it as "attack them for it"? like, going "yeah lol i can see that" without offering any case for why they're wrong is something i never do. and how was i being defensive with nsg? like, i literally said "you are right i'm playing scummy af" how is that defensive??
now you’re being defensive
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:02 am

Datisi Tbf I kidna also felt u were defensive loool but I honestly can’t remember if I was primed by skitter/cat or if it was an independent thought I had of ur posting
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Datisi »

now i'm being defensive, yes

me being defensive is something i do as either alignment

and the way i played around nsg to me looks like the opposite of defensive so i am really curious where that is coming from
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm not sure. Like i think it can come from both alignments for him, but its also a behavior that ~in general~ i associate with scum more, so it just kinda stuck out

And i guess by ping here i meant 'it stuck out in a potentially scummy flavored way, but isnt necessarily making me scumread him' if that makes sense?

Also i had a long weekend for xmas so was off yesterday but i'm back to work today, so i'll follow up with those later ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 am

Post by Datisi »

curious wrt skitter, i don't care about iv's read on me at this moment in time
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 am

yea that makes sense skit ty
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:06 am

i could see how ur long wall post response to nsg’s filled with self awareisms and meta could seem “defensive”/overexplainy in a broad way but it’s not defensive in the classic “justify justify justify” way
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: skitter

here's a thought. i dislike the way skitter went from townreading me for ??? reasons to walking back from it. frankly it kinda mirrors the thread in a weird way. i can imagine scum!skitter starting the game off with townreading me because i'm generally a loud townspew-y player so why get into that mess when she can try to get on my good side early. but once she realized i'm *not* getting townread? "nevermind datisi isn't townie anymore".

i don't like the callouts for being "defensive" either. because she started off with agreeing with catboi that i was being conciliatory towards nsg's scumread on me (and with the implication that that's scummy), and then it turned into me being overly defensive of the scumread. don't those two things have the opposite meaning? it feels opportunistic, like she's grabbing onto the general scumreads on me before i turn them over and making sure that doesn't happen. i don't like it.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Datisi »

and for the record, something like ^^ that is what i was talking about when i said "scum!me grabs scumreads on myself, argues with them, and starts attacking there". not the "lol ye nsg i totally see what you mean".
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

Oh fun, ok i have a lot to say on that, but give me a few hours
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Datisi »

no rush, i'm around for a while
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 723, catboi wrote:Was thinking about how scum are typically more conciliatory toward scumreads on them in the early game and mulling over Datisi's response to nsg in my head and but don't know how much I believe that
sorry to interrupt, but can anyone define conciliatory for me please. google isn't really helping
(believe it or not, I'm actually writing out thoughts as I catch up.. instead of 1 post per post I read :) )
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Datisi »

conciliatory
/kənˈsɪlɪətəri/

adjective

intended or likely to placate or pacify.

basically saying i'm trying to go "wow nsg ur scumread is solid ur town pls don't hurt me"
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Andante »

ok awesome thank you!! yeah I gave up on the dictionary when the definition had words I didn't understand lol
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Mare »

@Datisi: I think the issue with your response to NSG is that... it felt a little vulnerable to ask if it was weird and you admitted to wanting to shut down someone saying “oh you agree you’re scum”. In the immediate moment you didn’t seem to care about the things NSG said about you as vague as they were and instead switched it around to what you thought of her. And when it’s a townread and there’s nothing given to her points it... looks very strange.

Return to “Completed Open Games”