Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5598, Datisi wrote:
In post 5596, Aristeia wrote:
Spoiler: For Dats
:>

i hope you're feeling better by now, ari. and i hope we can and do win together.

I hope you are town as well too !

I don't think I care as much about winning anymore as I do about getting my read of you correct.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Funny gif please?

Those were cute :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Aristeia »

mm how about this one of a cat who discovers the miracle of tissue boxes?

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 5586, Datisi wrote:
In post 5585, innocentvillager wrote:I think you should have some opinion of my dayplay by now.

pedit: I talked about my Math read and yes I did abandon mech for him. I think he's town here by dayplay.
my only opinion on your dayplay is that the suspicion/conversation with andres feels kinda awkward and makes me think you're distancing lole

where did you talk about math again? i skimmed your iso, i don't see it, other than a generic "math twon by dlayplay"
Okay, what do you find awkward about my Andres interactions? Do you dislike some of my issues with his slot?

I don't think I gave an in-depth read on Math, I just think he's town by gut and dayplay; if he's scum then holy shit I just give up. I don't think scum can emulate the kind of stubborn skepticism and energy that Math gives off.

I was more just referring to the sentiment I expressed earlier that I've abandoned mech but still thought Math was very town by dayplay.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm

@Aristeia I'm surprised you went through all that and it's interesting to see your take on it (which I believe is genuine) but none of my polarization is a secret, everyone knows my old meta is to be polarized. My original accusation was your statement that I'm "obviously in his scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today" - this is the specific claim you made and that was the specific claim I wanted you to back up, which you couldn't do, you just went on a generic deep meta of me.

All of your analysis there is ignoring the fact that I'm changing my playstyle, which I've mentioned many times, and deliberately been allocating a lot less to this game than normal. Part of the reason is literally to solve the exact polarization problem you mention so that I don't have to be super hyperposty as both alignments in order to not get killed - I wanted to play the game without feeling like I'm clinging to the thread constantly.

You keep saying that I was gone D3 because I'm fake conftown and didn't want to rock the boat - If I was scum, being conftown by "False mech" isn't something I could've relied on in ELO given selection bias of still being alive and eventually my "coasting" would be called into serious question. I don't think I would seriously take this approach as scum - I feel like I would've tried to fake some presence in the game down the line, though I guess I could be wrong. The ACTUAL reason is I basically completely stopped caring about the game because I was convinced a) I was dying tomorrow b) I was way behind. I've never been listened to posthumously and I definitely don't see why I would be when I hadn't been caught up at all at that point.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm

In post 5589, Aristeia wrote:Even on the last day when you are dead wrong
Completely not game related, how was I dead wrong in this game my reads were fine lol. I never townread any of the scum and I only briefly pushed Facebones and Holden before realizing they were likely town. I had Pooky as most likely scum after Nor replaced in. Also, I don't usually push scumreads with conviction, that's super rare from me too.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Why/when did you even go through all my meta in the first place again? Was it just to construct this big meta case on me? I have to say, I appreciate the commitment.

Datisi and Andres both know my meta pretty well, especially Datisi.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:You keep saying that I was gone D3 because I'm fake conftown and didn't want to rock the boat - If I was scum, being conftown by "False mech" isn't something I could've relied on in ELO given selection bias of still being alive and eventually my "coasting" would be called into serious question.
I'm fairly sure if I didn't freak out at Mathblade you would've actually sleepwalked into a win yesterday without even trying if Mathblade had kept his vote on me and then IV/Andres pile on too.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:All of your analysis there is ignoring the fact that I'm changing my playstyle, which I've mentioned many times, and deliberately been allocating a lot less to this game than normal.
You do not have a single completed town game under this "new playstyle"

It is a convenient excuse you are using as scum.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:@Aristeia I'm surprised you went through all that and it's interesting to see your take on it (which I believe is genuine) but none of my polarization is a secret, everyone knows my old meta is to be polarized. My original accusation was your statement that I'm "obviously in his scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today" - this is the specific claim you made and that was the specific claim I wanted you to back up, which you couldn't do, you just went on a generic deep meta of me.
My claim is fairly simple - you don't like to play scum - one way to read for your scum game is to simply see how much enthusiasm you have for solving the game - because you have stated yourself you just don't like to play scum.

You had basically zero interest in this game yesterday as the game was lurching towards an elimination of me at Mylo - that lack of curiosity even at the endgame is a hard scum tell for you.

Now today you have much more interest because you are in a 1v1 where winning is on the line and you are viable to be eliminated.

If your actual excuse of "I'm just not interested in mafia and that's why I'm awol" were true - you wouldn't suddenly snap from utter disinterest yesterday to actually posting and fighting today.

You will probably make the excuse that you are interested today because your own life is on the line and you are survivalistic as town - but that ignores the fact that as uninformed town you could not have known my alignment yesterday when you decided to blindsheep mathblade and that disinterest is extremely strange since mis-eliminating me yesterday literally ends the game which is bad for you even if you survive to get endgamed as town.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5605, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 5589, Aristeia wrote:Even on the last day when you are dead wrong
Completely not game related, how was I dead wrong in this game my reads were fine lol. I never townread any of the scum and I only briefly pushed Facebones and Holden before realizing they were likely town. I had Pooky as most likely scum after Nor replaced in. Also, I don't usually push scumreads with conviction, that's super rare from me too.
Perhaps you were not completely wrong but you kept your mind open and were solving on every day of that game despite the game being never in elo when you were alive.

Here even at Mylo you were basically apathetic and didn't particularly care about solving or doing anything other than blindly sheeping - the motivation for this is clearly because scum!you just wants and easy win and if Mathblade is going to deathtunnel Town!Ari you see no reason to get in his way when you can just sheep him to victory.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5602, Aristeia wrote:mm how about this one of a cat who discovers the miracle of tissue boxes?

VOTE: IV

That works.

Excuse me while I become a human burrito.

I kinda really wanted Andres but I feel like Ari and Datisi if scum earned it

I have no spoons really left to go into why due to other issues taking them up.

Datisi is asleep so the only scum to possibly lose to is Andres who usually doesn’t post now.

I will see if I have voter’s remorse in an hour or two maybe.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Thanks MB

You won't regret voting for IV <3
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly I can’t decide between the two of you
And you and Datisi actually answered my questions without it feeling like fighting.

So diving into the burrito now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by Datisi »

this is me not being scumbuddies with ari, unfortunately
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: IV

Sigh.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Datisi »

oh.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

Did we just lose? Or did Andres bus?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Datisi »

it looks like the former to me...
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:21 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 5.05

innocentvillager (3):
Aristeia, MathBlade, Andresvmb
Aristeia (1):
innocentvillager

Not Voting (1):
Datisi

With 5 alive, it took 3 to eliminate.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:29 am

Post by catboi »

innocentvillager
was eliminated Day 5.

He was a...
Spoiler:
Mafia Gunsmith Vigilante-finder

Spoiler: Role PM
You are a
Mafia Gunsmith Vigilante-finder
. XXXX is a
[REDACTED]
. YYYY is a
[REDACTED]
. You can chat with XXXX and YYYY anytime in this private topic.
You have three abilities. You cannot use several during the same night, and must tell the moderator which ability you are using each night (or tell the moderator when you choose not to use any of your abilities at all.)
Gunsmith
- Target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn if that player has a gun in flavor. Gunsmith. Roles that include the word "Cop", Neapolitans, other gunsmiths, Vigilantes, and Mafia aligned players who do not have a doctor ability have a gun in flavor.
Vigilante-finder
- Target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether that player is "Vigilante" or "Not Vigilante".
Factional kill
- You cannot use this ability if another member of the mafia is using it. Target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die. The team may not decline to use this ability three nights in a row.

You win when there are no town aligned players alive. Please confirm by summarizing your role to the moderator.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:30 am

Post by catboi »

It is now
Night 5

The deadline for Night 5 is
February 25
at
9:30 AM EST
. Submit night actions by PM, if applicable.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-25 10:30:00)

Fast night is available by request, if all living players request it I will end the night early.
[/color]
Last edited by catboi on Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:27 am

Post by catboi »

Aristeia
died Night 5. She was a
Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Role PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie
You have no abilities.

You win when there are no mafia aligned players alive and there is at least one town aligned player still alive. Please confirm by summarizing your role to the moderator.

It is now Day 6.

Vote Count 6.00

Not Voting (3):
Andresvmb, Datisi, MathBlade

With 3 alive, it's 2 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 6 is March 7 at 9:30 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-03-07 10:30:00)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Datisi »

well isn't that great.

andres, why the "sigh" along with that (quick)hammer?
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: Datisi

Mechanically, I have no choice but to do this. With IV having flipped Scum Gunsmith, Mathblade cannot be Scum and is cleared in my mind.

The sigh btw was because I realized two things. One, that IV was openwolfing. And two, that even if I voted there correctly, we would still lose because I’m about to get executed. But it is what it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”