Micro 1043: League of Legends UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

By my will, this shall be finished.

Since this game is primarily based on mech, I will freely speculate, in order to get some more discussion flowing.

Elise
has used all her mana, which suggests transforming into
Spider Form
is her ultimate. However, it didn't do any immediate damage or make any apparent changes, so I would suspect that Spider Form has some additional utility/strength that Elise is hoping to roll over into Day 2. Another possibility is that it was used purely defensively, and that something will happen when Elise is attacked.

Now, since I'm a nice Tank, I am going to
Attack: Elise
purely as an experiment
to see how things will affect her in Spider form; I should hope that nothing too dramatic happens to me or her, but I would rather get this out of the way while we are all healthy than be stuck in the endgame not knowing what's up with Spider Form.

To comment on others abilities and activity: If
Amumu
knew
that attacking Caitlyn would give her a debuff, then the attack looks a little susp. to me, because Caitlyn is already squishy and this could even be seen as an outward act of aggression.

Ashe
on the other hand
binded
Warwick
, but 4 hours seems like such a small window, especially given the speed the game is moving right now. So, I would wager that binding is a strictly defensive ability and I would even go as far to say that that makes me lean-town on Ashe. I know it is early, but again, this game is heavily mech-focused and I feel confident making calls like that.

Lastly, if we wager that everyone's "ultimate" is very impactful, then it seems like it will be forced out at some point in time, whether to secure a "lim" or prevent a valuable town "lim."

Therefore I would suggest that moving forward, it is only sensible (and arguably Pro-Town move) to announce before using an Ultimate with intention and purpose.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:19 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

.Amumu. wrote:
In post 2, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:38 Jarvan IV attacks Elise (5 + 10 Bonus Damage(Martial Cadence)) (Elise 100 -> 85)
wait jarvan, you did 15 damage??
Yes, I did. My first attack of the day deals bonus damage.

and framed it as an experiment done by a nice tank??

Yes, I announced my intentions, unlike everyone else randomly attacking.
and you're saying that me doing 5 damage and putting an effect on cait that increases spell damage by 3 for 48h was an act of aggression??
Yes, because your attack is more susceptible to piling up through random antics, whereas mine was premeditated for a specific game purpose.

i do not trust that your approach here comes from a place of niceness
Laughs

Let's see what it actually accomplished:
Elise
didn't die, she didn't take extra damage (from being in Spider Form), she didn't take
reduced
damage, she didn't deflect or reflect my attack. So while not telling us specifically anything, it does tell us a lot of
un
things.
Elise
is more than welcome to share details about Spider Form herself, but I'm actually satisfied with the inferences I can draw from my attack.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:21 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 39, .Caitlyn. wrote:Jarvan did you miss that roles came before alignment?
No, why?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 49, .Gragas. wrote:Honestly I thought it was obvious what her spider form does. Don't see why you needed to test it but okay.
Entertain my ignorance
Gragas
, but I
still
don't know what
Elise's
Spider Form does. Perhaps you could enlighten all of us? As I stated before, using an ultimate should have a pretty big effect, and for
Elise
to ult unprovoked with no follow-up is quite perplexing to me.

Do you think it is pro-town for town to be aware before an ultimate ability is initiated?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 51, .Amumu. wrote:
In post 47, .JarvanIV. wrote:Yes, I announced my intentions, unlike everyone else randomly attacking.
In post 47, .JarvanIV. wrote:Yes, because your attack is more susceptible to piling up through random antics, whereas mine was premeditated for a specific game purpose.
i don't know, i think the whole thing just comes across as kinda self-conscious. you are saying that you should be able to get away with by far the largest attack of the game so far because you called it a test. that means you get to do it without committing to any actual suspicion, and you also get to act like you're acting in the best interests of the town by doing it. and before you even do it, you are explaining why nobody should find your actions suspicious and how they should think you are such a nice tank instead.

if i had an ability where my first attack of the day did 3x as much damage, i would really want to use it wisely and put it where i had a genuine suspicion.
Of course it was self-conscious. I'm not gonna stab someone for 15 damage without some sort of explanation.

I'm not worried about deflecting suspicion, I'm focused on solving this game for the mechanical puzzle that it is.

I do believe my actions were in the best interest of the town. Unless you have inside knowledge on
Elise's
Spider Form ability then you wouldn't know it was completely safe to attack her in her
Ultimate
form. I could have been cocooned or kamikazed by spiderlings or something, but I was confident (read: tanky) enough to take the risk.

When I form genuine suspicion on someone, trust me you will know it.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Lux and/or Warwick
please attack me.

1) I have a pix shield
2) I want everybody's first/special/extra attack to be public information
3) You know you both want to

I can tell
Lux
and I will butt heads over my play-style, but I don't have any reads on her yet so we'll just have to let that play out.

On the other hand, I think
Ashe
said it best: the Wolf is acting a bit too tame. If we were "limming" today,
Warwick
would be top of my pool.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Sorry for the prodge here. Had a busy weekend. Haven't read anything.

Will return to catch up tomorrow.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

I think
Elise's
reaction is mostly genuine, but the double basic attack is a bit exaggerated. I think getting vamp on basic attacks is in-line for an ultimate transform. To me, if the ultimate is a "no-brainer activate at start of game" then it's either poorly designed (as there is no interesting decision about when to use it) or there is more than meets the eye about the ability. Hence, my appreciable interest. Also, the game status shows that
Elise
still has 12 mana available. Either this is a mod error, or there was literally no cost to using an ultimate, which begs even more questions.

I've openly made myself a target and literally called for attacks against me. Some have questioned my attitude or motivations but it's quite simple: I have nothing to hide as town and I am convinced that solving this game requires heavy focus on mech. Just because roles were
delivered
before alignments doesn't mean roles weren't balanced/tweaked around alignment or that they weren't determined together.

If there were night phases and night kills then all these day mechanics to achieve a "lim" is just role-playing (which is cool, but not the point of the game imo). Also consider the ratio of scum to town, means town can't just "mislim" for info. And so I am reaching an exasperated point where nobody else is putting
enough
attention on mech and I believe the opposite of Amumu: it is not a place for scum to hide but rather a place for scum to get caught in.

I find it interesting that
Caitlyn
wants all high-HP people to be on the table but chose to attack
Gragas
instead of
Amumu
, who were both at full HP prior to that attack. But to answer
Caitlyn's
question, not getting attacked is not likely to swing one way or another.

On the other hand, I actually distrust the most, he who has not attacked all game:
Attack: Warwick

Amumu's
attack against me is also a non-sequitur to Caitlyn's statement. Sure, he expressed suspicion earlier, but this definitely feels like a "cheap shot."

Perhaps
Lulu
, as a designated "support-class" was given some Informed passive or ability about an ally, and that is why she is defensive of certain champs. I would like to think she is not informed for the
other
reason, as I'm finding it difficult to read the faerie language in anything but a town-voice.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 116, .Amumu. wrote:
In post 114, .JarvanIV. wrote:Amumu's attack against me is also a non-sequitur to Caitlyn's statement. Sure, he expressed suspicion earlier, but this definitely feels like a "cheap shot."
you have the most health besides me and gragas, and i think gragas is more likely to be a friend than you. i may be sad but i don't want to attack myself. bringing your health down to be more in line with everyone else is very connected to caitlyn's statement, and is also because of my suspicion

why i think you are not a friend is that your focus on mechs is easy to do as either team, and you seem too worried about telling everyone how selfless you are and how everything you do is for the greater good. it smells like trying too hard and i don't trust it

you did bonus damage on your attack again?? how often are you able to do that? i don't know if you really are so much of the tank that you say you are when you do the most damage of anyone with your attacks
If we draw some parallels from normal Mafia then to achieve a Lim we need a majority of the playerbase voting one person; here I would expect that we would need a majority of the playerbase attacking one person before someone is seriously in danger of being "limmed." So for example if we somehow had an investigative guilty, everyone could "pile" that player. Bringing everyone down to HP parity for no strategic reason is dangerous at worst and a waste of mana or time at best.

According to the mod I did, although I don't know if I should have, so I will simply ask:
@Pooky
, is the game activity log related to Post 114 accurate?

If it is, then I don't have an answer to "how often am I able to do 'that' ."
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 118, .Amumu. wrote:
In post 117, .Gragas. wrote:Don't you find it weird how people are sort of just... letting the attacks on Jarvan happen? It smells like something, but I don't know what I think it most likely smells like.
More like.. I want to say people are just trying to take advantage of him? But I'm not really confident in making assessments like this lately.
i can see this, and was part of why for a while i hadn't attacked him again despite my suspicion, i didn't want everyone to just keep ganging up on him and knocking him down. if it's that easy then i'm probably wrong. caitlyn's point about the large health pools made sense to me though and i decided it was okay because he has a lot of health left still. with the lulu shield, he hasn't really taken much damage yet, so i think the amount of attacks on him may be deceptive to the amount of actual danger he has been put in.

ignoring how people have responded so far, though, he does not seem like the typical low hanging fruit to me
There are three mafia but you have mostly focused your suspicion on me; do you have any other reads?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

I am also interested to hear
Gragas'
reads since his last posts did not have a lot of substance re: sorting people.

Elise's
attack on
Amumu
is random and her shying away from me, while appreciated, is noted with a *raised eyebrow.* Overall the slot's play is sort of all over the place which my gut tells me is Town-ish but my brain tells me if NAI.

Warwick's
last two posts are basically 1) OMGUS and 2) "pls stop" and while complaining that nobody is attempting to sort him, is not taking initiative to sort anyone else either.

My town-read on
Ashe
is strengthened with the new person's entrance; reading it through made me realize that pairings and such is actually a really powerful tool in a game that starts 3v6 and has no night phases - I will attempt to make my own breakdown tomorrow when hopefully
Gragas
and others have fleshed out their reads.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Will get to this later, been busy.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:40 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Hello all. I'm not sure that Caitlyn vs Lulu is the way to go today. I don't think that Lulu pokes at Caitlyn as mafia if they believe that Caitlyn has a kill shot. I think that Lulu continuing to attack Caitlyn may result in Caitlyn having to take action.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:47 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 187, .Gragas. wrote:
Attack: Lulu

While I agree with faers callout of Ashe/Caitlyn being buddy buddy, I think faers focuses beingmore on Caitlyn is weird and faers too reactionary to attacks on them. I don't like how low fae took Caitlyn, everybody knows only I can attack Caitlyn (It's my love language <3)
This is really weird. You agree with their read but are attacking them anyway, and you also attacked Caitlyn after Lulu did.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 158, .Gragas. wrote:Warwick, Elise, Ashe, Caitlyn I want to think deeper on when I have time > I've been trying to think deeply about Caitlyn lately, but it's been so awfully hard for me to come to any conclusion based on what I've been thinking about. Think I need to take out more post samples when thinking of her motivations as of late.
You posted this, and then shortly after you shot at Caitlyn, and now you think Lulu is weird for attacking Caitlyn. It doesn't make sense to me.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 150, .Warwick. wrote:My reads have not changed much since the post where I posted my opinions on everyone, with the exception of maybe Lux looks a lot better. I think Jarvan is a good target and I think Lulu is just doing nothing of substance, but while I get attacked for it Lulu skates by.
Why have you not commented further on Lulu since they have been getting attacked?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Lulu, what are your thoughts on Gragas?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 221, .Caitlyn. wrote:I also want some clarification on what your ult is going to do?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 227, .Amumu. wrote:ill talk if you want. i think everyone will be scared of lux's laser and not want to talk (i dont reallyy know how that helps us??) but im pretty full health so i guess i don't mind. what changed your mind about lulu?
I also don't know how what Lux is claiming helps us.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 237, .Amumu. wrote:it just worries me how easy it was. didn't seem like anyone really cared if fae went down and everyone was happy to help. but i guess even if fae is town we will learn a lot
I made an argument for them being town. I felt that there was not much more I could do when lulu/caitlyn/ashe all show up in thread and immediately shoot at each other before talking.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:41 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

OK. So, I didn't really help with that, but I can potentially do a lot of damage and I didn't try to turn it on Caitlyn or anything.

I'm thinking Ashe and Caitlyn are town. The timing for Gragas attacking Lulu is a tad before where I'd expect bussing. Warwick on the other hand could have easily been bussing.

I'm not seeing any indication that Lux' ability did what she said it would. No note from the mod on taking damage or hp values changing.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Elise and Lulu do not feel aligned based on Elise' iso.

Amumu doesn't really feel aligned either, to a lesser degree.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:49 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 243, .JarvanIV. wrote:but I can potentially do a lot of damage and I didn't try to turn it on Caitlyn or anything.
I can explain this more if needed. Not really sure where to go today yet but I can demonstrate my abilities.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:57 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 259, .Warwick. wrote:I was right about Lulu. How am I not spewed town from my attacks? I think there's mafia in the people reluctant to attack her.

Attack: Jarvan IV
As Amumu mentioned, it looks like I was the only one not to attack Lulu. So who is the mafia that did attack her?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:12 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 271, .Ashe. wrote:
In post 259, .Warwick. wrote:
In post 260, .Amumu. wrote:
This is very unfavorable to both of them imo.
What is wrong with the attack on Elise after their explanation?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:04 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Dragon Strike: Gragas

Attack: Gragas

This should keep things interesting
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:20 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Why doesn't Warwick ever use their mana?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Dragon Strike: Gragas

Attack: Gragas

This puts them 1 attack away from being eliminated
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 314, .Caitlyn. wrote:Wait — take our time please
Waiting
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Amumu, why do you think that Elise is likely?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:48 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Is lux and elise a possible team?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:57 am

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 342, .Elise. wrote:
.Caitlyn. wrote:This feels weird. Amumu/Elise SvT?
What is this comment, or before that you thinked it's TvT?
I didn't notice you speaking about that at all.

Not risking attacking while i am cursed yet...
Well why do you think it is Amumu?
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Amumu is a lot more well reasoned here and Elise is brushing past things.
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

In post 329, .Warwick. wrote:I am here. I still think there is scum is in people who defended Lulu, so I will hunt there.
In post 193, .JarvanIV. wrote:Hello all. I'm not sure that Caitlyn vs Lulu is the way to go today. I don't think that Lulu pokes at Caitlyn as mafia if they believe that Caitlyn has a kill shot. I think that Lulu continuing to attack Caitlyn may result in Caitlyn having to take action.
Here is Jarvan defending Lulu. We also know he didn't attack faer.

and shade Gragas. I know I am with sin and can't judge someone for going onto Gragas, but this looks bad in hindsight.

is a weird post accusing me of not talking about something when I wasn't really in the thread.

Looking at their ISO, there's a lot of questions but not a lot of analysis from the new person in the slot. The old person did the weird "test" by attacking Elise and posting paragraphs about it as if trying to defend an action they knew was suspicious.

In post 343, .Warwick. wrote:I do not know what to do. No one seems to be interested in Jarvan IV. I think they are most likely to be scum.

Looking back, I think Amumu is possible as a busser of Lulu. I also do not like them shading me.

Attack: Amumu
In post 361, .Warwick. wrote:

Infinite Duress: Elise

I changed my mind. I have not been paying attention to Elise at all and find their interaction with Lulu strange, with an attack and then a defense as things started to get hairy for Lulu. . I think between Amumu and Elise, this is more likely to have scum.
Your quickly shifting opinions are making me uncomfortable
.JarvanIV.
.JarvanIV.
Townie
.JarvanIV.
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by .JarvanIV. »

Cataclysm: Warwick
.JarvanIV.