Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Yeet »

I said Cape was town after his reaction. I kind of vanity voted Malcolm because I’m going around poking my nullreads.

Do you think we’re in a good spot here as town? My tone may be different because I’m sensing more anxiety about losing. Scum are playing and hiding well and town did not exactly kill D1. The 2 early fights looked TvT which is never a good sign.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

These two shapes are unconditionally alive. They both have two places you can play inside to create two eyes so if your opponent takes one you can take the other.

Image Image

Official Votecount 2.5VP Baltar (4): Scorpious, Cape90, tenebrousluminary, Nero Cain
[E-5]

tenebrousluminary (4): DeasVail, fireisredsir, MalcolmTucker, Save The Dragons
[E-5]

Frogsterking (3): VP Baltar, Datisi, Yeet
Scorpious (1): MathBlade
MalcolmTucker (1): April Ludgate
Enchant (1): skitter30
skitter30 (1): Enchant

Not Voting (2): Frogsterking, Eyes without a face

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3249, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3246, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3241, VP Baltar wrote: but I think what I'm picking up on here is real.
is this your strongest scumread at the moment? what other scumreads do you have?
I still want to yeet the fuck out of cape, but that was going nowhere. People are willing to give him a pass today even though he is doing nothing and had a very questionable hammer yesterday, as I've explained.

If I was going to compromise on something, I might be willing to back a tenebros wagon, but I go back and forth there.
that's not really directly answering what i asked. should i take that as a "no, cape is. i don't have others right now"?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 3252, Yeet wrote:I said Cape was town after his reaction. I kind of vanity voted Malcolm because I’m going around poking my nullreads.

Do you think we’re in a good spot here as town? My tone may be different because I’m sensing more anxiety about losing. Scum are playing and hiding well and town did not exactly kill D1. The 2 early fights looked TvT which is never a good sign.
i know you said cape was town after the "TvT" cape had but i'm questioning the action of targeting them in the first place.

i don't know what kind of spot we're in as town. i think i've got a few suspects and if we target one of them i think we'll be in good shape. TvT fights can be good because it helps eliminate suspects.

you seem to have scum reads here:
In post 3052, Yeet wrote:Phone dropping my current reads before I sleep for reference:

Math
skitter Datisi Baltar Nero cape deasvail enchant - feel decent about these being town for now
Scorpious - ??
fire April tenebro eyes Malcolm frog std - would guess most scum are here
but then say things like this:
In post 3218, Yeet wrote:I’m having trouble finding scumreads this game. That’s why I’m poking and prodding around.
and it comes off as potentially fake and really cagey to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3252, Yeet wrote:I said Cape was town after his reaction. I kind of vanity voted Malcolm because I’m going around poking my nullreads.

I think we are in an okay spot.
Negativity like this is not good however.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

VP's scumread is whatever wagon pops up
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:36 am

VFP started the frogster wagon
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2988, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2983, MathBlade wrote:Pretty much all of HEM’s scumreads are wagons or sussed
Namely tene Scorpio and April. Skitter has her tell and stock equity goes way up if April is.
Been thinking about this today. I sort of think there are two possible things maybe going on here. Either:

1) it is close to what HEM thought and a lot of the low content/impact people are on the scum team.

Or

2) the scum are more well hidden than town has really pushed. Something like a Datisi/skitter or Cape/fire core.

I can see a HEM kill in either scenario, so that isn't too helpful. The wagon also doesn't help clarify a ton for me either.

If you have a strong inclination to do the low volume pool today Math, I may just give you my vote to use. Tenebros explanations maybe seem the most contrived, but his frustration also read sort of real. Idk
@fire - this is a very recent post from me that indicates where my head is at in terms of scum hunting. My frogster realization came after this obv.

Are you asking for like a ranked reads list or something?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:36 am

what the fuck is VFP

i meant VPBaltar
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think people had mentioned Frog like right b4 he voted though
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3261, Nero Cain wrote:I think people had mentioned Frog like right b4 he voted though
What?
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3180, Yeet wrote:Yeah, I think Frogster is being slept on after the very early game which felt kinda townie.
In post 3183, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: frogster BTW.

Will do this iso today, but frog was like losing his mind going after people for all kinds of tinfoil shit our last game where he was town and this game he is barely a presence. Idgi
so it seemed a little opportunistic. + I don't think he ever mentioned frog up until that point and if he was meta scum reading Frog why was he just now mentioning it?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

also wasn't Frog like lowkey suspected d1 for having some super funky logic? Doesn't that match up with your town meta on him?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

nah VP brought up frogster in , p sure he was the first one
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3263, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3180, Yeet wrote:Yeah, I think Frogster is being slept on after the very early game which felt kinda townie.
In post 3183, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: frogster BTW.

Will do this iso today, but frog was like losing his mind going after people for all kinds of tinfoil shit our last game where he was town and this game he is barely a presence. Idgi
so it seemed a little opportunistic. + I don't think he ever mentioned frog up until that point and if he was meta scum reading Frog why was he just now mentioning it?
Why did you omit the context that Yeet was replying to my original suspicion. That's scummy af
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3264, Nero Cain wrote:also wasn't Frog like lowkey suspected d1 for having some super funky logic? Doesn't that match up with your town meta on him?
suspected by whom?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's literally in the post you're quoting from
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Yeet »

I’ve mentioned a few times before VP said it that Frogster was not nearly as town for me as before.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 3256, MathBlade wrote:

I think we are in an okay spot.
Negativity like this is not good however.
Maybe I’m just being a dramatic pessimist. We’re probably not in terrible shape yet but it could be if we don’t play the next two days or so correctly. I don’t mean to make the atmosphere negative.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Yeet »

STD that phone post is basically splitting my reads into TRs and not
not TRs, not scumreads.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3229, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3225, Frogsterking wrote:I've gotten this feedback many times before in games or social situations after the size of the group is increased. I'm experiencing heightened feelings of vulnerability in this game so far compared to other games because of the high speed and large player count. It's observant of you but NAI and possibly scum motivated to push.
Do you have meta that backs this up?
Yes, Noraa is hyperposting as scum in this game to dominate the thread and create confusion. The speed of the game became much faster than the setup would indicate:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=84085&start=1625

The game is chaotic to the extent there is a point in the game when the mod is unable to determine whether or not there has been a hammer. You can get some sense of the chaos by reading the mod iso:
viewtopic.php?p=12086810&user_select%5B ... #p12086810

Scum were planning to case me because of my decreased presence in the thread making me seem like a good mislim target. Scum tunnel me though as the last town power role and they convince themselves my behavior change is because of my role:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=84243&start=25

Scum are so convinced my decreased presence is due to my role they make a play that puts them in autolose if they're unable to kill the final TPR. Town then wins the game because I'm killed and our last power role is able to survive the night.

Compared to the above example, there is more structure in this game because Mizzy and theworst are able to stay on top of the votes, but there is far more chaos underlying that structure here than what I experienced in the above example, so I imagine the change may be more noticeable and seem even more pushable than it did before.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3272, Frogsterking wrote:Compared to the above example, there is more structure in this game because Mizzy and theworst are able to stay on top of the votes, but there is far more chaos underlying that structure here than what I experienced in the above example, so I imagine the change may be more noticeable and seem even more pushable than it did before.
I'll give these a read today. thanks.
YOUR AD HERE

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2859, Datisi wrote:so, like, in total? 6.5/10, my gamestate reads aren't always great, but i would not mind a wagon here
what does a 6.5/10 mean?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Enchant »

So any suggestions who i should shot next night?

I don't follow them probably, but want to hear anyway, why not.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3255, Save The Dragons wrote:i know you said cape was town after the "TvT" cape had
but i'm questioning the action of targeting them in the first place.

i don't know what kind of spot we're in as town. i think i've got a few suspects and if we target one of them i think we'll be in good shape. TvT fights can be good because it helps eliminate suspects.

you seem to have scum reads here:
It's because I was scummy before for my hammer on GeneralWu?

Are like, you gonna read into things or ask pointless questions?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”