Micro 1051 | Minimalist Micro Normal | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by RH »

Day 1 Count XII

Notes
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • With 9 remaining, it takes 5 to form a majority.
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-04-14 19:26:23).

Last edited by RH on Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 422, NorwegianboyEE wrote:RCE i townread and Tracer, hmm i guess he COULD be scum, but he isn’t alligned with Ircher so if Ircher!scum he is town.
This is my hang-up, but the other way around. Ircher COULD be scum but I do think Tracer is scummier.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 417, the worst wrote:on top of the fact the wagon on ircher was already stupid, the game has now stagnated with him as lead wagon :p who do people think ircher is aligned with? what does literally anyone think scum are doing?
The awkward part is that I agree with you about the Ircher wagon.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:43 am

Post by Wallflower »

UNVOTE: the worst

Reading the iso again, it just doesn't feel the same as it did before
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:44 am

Post by Wallflower »

I'll vote Tracer or toog

WHO WANTS ME????
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:45 am

Post by Wallflower »

ugh wait my scumreads are the same as the worst, whyyyyy
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Wallflower »

LAST POST I PROMISE but I feel like Ircher is getting votes because his posting isn't really endearing him to anyone and that feels like sort of the opposite of what we should be voting for
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:54 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Err with Ircher specifically it's not exactly town indicative. In control he was called out early and much of his takes after that were against the grain reads. That might have been out of necessity so it's not 1 to 1.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I didn't particularly scumread Ircher, I just thought the slots on his wagon were townie. But his explanation of his scumread on me seems insincere.

I would expect Town!Ircher to attempt to gain clarity before reaching the conclusion that he doesn't understand the angle therefore scum.

I could still go tracer though.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:58 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Toog is always a slow burn read. Not that I personally get more or less confident reading toog as the game goes on....but somebody might.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ircher has mostly just been doing these scummy: "Haha, gotcha!" takes which their RCE read is an prime example on.
It feels fake as F.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

They are simultaneously being low energy in their solving energy, and putting forth some really bad and fake solving.
And somehow people here still claim they townread it.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Tracer Bullet »

In post 427, Wallflower wrote:
In post 417, the worst wrote:on top of the fact the wagon on ircher was already stupid, the game has now stagnated with him as lead wagon :p who do people think ircher is aligned with? what does literally anyone think scum are doing?
The awkward part is that I agree with you about the Ircher wagon.
why does it even matter if the Ircher wagon has stagnated?

the point of the game is to kill the mafia.
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Tracer Bullet »

Do you realize how stupid this statement "the ircher wagon is stupid because the game has stagnated with him as the lead wagon" is if Ircher is mafia?

In that case you'd be saying essentially "hey look voting Ircher hasn't caused him to do anything, he just omgus voteparked Norwee, he's not hunting, no1 is pushing him."

So let's just leave him alone and let him do nothing! Let's not vote for him and try to get his wagon to a place where it can kill him!

Because voting for Ircher is "stagnating the game"

Like wtf is that logic???

The whole point of the game is to VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE YOU THINK ARE MAFIA.

If everyone thinks "oh let's not vote this scummy guy because it will stagnate the game" what are we even doing here?

If you think ircher is town, make a case for why Ircher is town.
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Tracer Bullet »

also another point

for the people calling me "scummy"

i don't know if you've noticed

but like nothing is going on.

and scum are usually the people who are ok with that game state because if nothing is going on.

it means they are
not dying

so they're more likely to be in the slots twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing

than the slots trying to actually get an elimination done.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 375, Wallflower wrote:The worst is playing the cool, calm and collective role well, but collectivism doesn’t work when two of us are trying to kill the rest, i’n’t it?
Restate this in English, please?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:05 am

In post 397, Tracer Bullet wrote:I sorted the playerlist by post count and removed Mr. I'm too Good to Post in this Game.
Excuse me, that's Mr. I Was At A Chess Tournament For The First Time In Two Years to you. I did pretty well, too.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ircher not doing anything is an perfectly viable strategy for scum!him btw.
And if the town are willing to let them keep cruising then there is no reason for them to change their strategy.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s the age old strategy of "eh, the town will get bored and lose focus eventually."

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:07 am

In post 411, Ircher wrote:It is essentially active lurking. It gives the illusion of hunting when one in fact is not.
Does it? Are you saying that you can see through the illusion when most people can't? (And how do you know it isn't helping to produce reads, besides?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:08 am

In post 413, MegAzumarill wrote:That doesn't make the arguement any weaker
Good post.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Or: "Ohh, i see a shiny and change my vote a lot"

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:10 am

This kind of argument has never been compelling to me. I feel like it overstates the extent that scum will go to in order to save one of their own. If Ircher's partner thinks that he is deserving of the pressure he's getting, they can't really do anything about it without potentially exposing themself.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Tracer, are you arguing with Norwee about scum Ircher? Norwee thinks Ircher is scum too. I can't really tell if you are just arguing for the sake of arguing though.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 447, Something_Smart wrote:
This kind of argument has never been compelling to me. I feel like it overstates the extent that scum will go to in order to save one of their own. If Ircher's partner thinks that he is deserving of the pressure he's getting, they can't really do anything about it without potentially exposing themself.
I haven't played in a 2 Mafia setup in a long while, but what would the ideal strategy even be? Bus your partner and try to solo the rest of the game, or hard defend and hope that you just come off looking like a bad town later?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”