UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:56 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational

By ChannelDelibird
Executive Setup Consultant: Patrick

After two years of postponement due to Reasons, the UK Eastermeet finally reconvened for its eighth instalment in April 2022. Eighteen humans converged on Chestnut, Oak and Birch to share a week of board games, murder mysteries, escape rooms and camaraderie. Twelve of them now return to relive that fateful week through the medium of forum-based mafia. Also, Nexus is in this game.

Player List:

Bellaphant
Cogito Ergo Sum
cpol
Fenchurch
Klick
McMenno
mykonian
Nexus
Porochaz
Primate
Postie
Takuma
Wenna

Spoiler: Alive
Cogito Ergo Sum
Nexus
Porochaz
Primate
Postie
Wenna

Spoiler: Dead
Bellaphant,
The Mayor From Blood on the Clocktower, Town Mayor
, executed on Day 1
mykonian, the
Cockroach Poker Player, Town Bluffing Vigilante
, died during Night 1
Takuma,
Trader Livinius, Town Blackmailing Inventormaker
, died during Night 1
McMenno,
The Karaoke That Never Happened, Vanilla Townie
, executed on Day 2
Klick,
Making Things Out of Cheese, Town Inventor
, died during Night 2
Fenchurch,
Titus the Champion Gladiator, Vanilla Townie
, executed on Day 3
cpol,
Eight People Watching One Game of Hive, Vanilla Townie
, died during Night 3

The Rules

(The twisted and mangled remains of what used to be SpeedyKQ's pristine set)

Rule 0: Don't be a dick.
Please keep this in mind throughout. I am the final arbiter on dickishness, working from a baseline of 'I'll know it when I see it'. If you think that you might be about to be a dick, check with me before posting. Punishment may vary depending on extent of dickishness.

[1]
You MAY NOT directly quote communications from the mod or from any private topic to which you have access; always paraphrase. If you are ever unsure as to what is acceptable, ASK ME FIRST.
[2]
I would prefer for you to vote using the vote tags (example: VOTE: Patrick) but bolded text (example:
Vote: Patrick
) will be counted if it is at the start of a new paragraph.
[3]
You don't have to unvote before you change your vote, but I'd really like it if you did. (example: UNVOTE: Patrick, VOTE: inspiratieloos)
[4]
You may not discuss the game outside this thread unless your role permits you to do so. The only possible such permissions involve the use of any mod-created private topics. If someone approaches you to discuss the game outside of such a private topic, please report it to me.
[5]
Once you are dead, you may not post. This means no "bah" post.
[6]
If you wish to end the day without an execution you may VOTE: No Execution. A majority of these votes is required to end the day without an execution. You cannot attempt a Leap of Faith in this game; this game is guaranteed to have at least one player who would cause town-aligned players to lose through such a manoeuvre.
[7]
Days will be deadlined to 10 days each. This deadline will not be extended for any reason other than a Mafiascum server crash or similar.
[8]
Nights will be deadlined to 72 hours each. Actions submitted after this deadline will not be counted. If I have received all necessary player input by the 48-hour mark, I will end the Night early at that point. (Exception to this rule: Night 0 may be deadlined to a less round number in order to set up a more convenient timestamp for the beginning of Day 1.)
[9]
Be respectful to your fellow players, bearing in mind Rule 0. Attack the play, not the player. If you can't keep personal insults out of it, I don't want you in my game.
[10]
Cyphers, invisible type, small letters or other similar techniques to conceal the content of your posts are forbidden. You're not obliged to say anything that your fellow players can
understand
, but they do have to be able to
read
it without making an unusual effort.
[11]
Players will be prodded if they go 48 hours without posting, having not previously informed me of a V/LA period. If I do not hear back from them such that I am satisfied that they will return to posting imminently, I'll consider them to have left the game. If that happens, I will try to replace you, but I reserve the right to modkill if it's the best choice for overall game health.
[12]
I am the mod, fallible though I may be, and my word is final. I will do my utmost to act in the spirit of the game and, if you want to address something with me beyond things like vote count mistakes, I'll listen - but please do so via PM. In the end, however, I have the final say.
[13]
The tags are mine. Do not use them.
[14]
Play to your win condition.

An example of what a Vanilla Townie role PM looks like in this game can be found below:
Sample Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Welcome to the game,
Patrick!

You are
Max Wisely Deciding Not to Play in This Game, Vanilla Townie

Forum mafia? In 2022? Are you out of your mind? I mean, have fun, but no, not for me, thanks. Oh? I could be the fake role PM that gets posted at the start so that scum know what town PMs look like? OK, I could agree to that.

Here's how your role works:
  • Vanilla Townie:
    You don't have any special abilities. Just do your best.
Your win condition:
All anti-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive. (An "anti-town player" is defined as a player whose win condition requires one or more town players to be dead.)

I wish you good luck and a fun game!
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 11:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:57 am

Special Rules Reminder

A lot of us are massive olds who haven't played a forum game for a long time, so it bears repeating:

The word 'lynch' is not to be used to describe the death of a player during the Day in this game. Such deaths will be referred to in this game as 'executions'.

Mafiascum's grace period for getting this wrong is, as I understand it, officially over, although I will be understanding if mistakes happen. That said, each and every time that such a mistake happens, I will edit your post to correct it (clarifying that I have done so in an ooc addendum at the bottom of the post) and PM you to gently badger you about it. Every time. Gosh, you'd get so annoyed at the sheer sight of me. Best not to let that happen, eh?

I also recommend that all of you make sure that you have fully read the rules in the first post, even if you’ve played a million games before. Some of us are new and some of us are rusty. Let’s just be sure that we all know where we stand.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:06 pm

Roles are going out and
Night 0
is beginning! Please confirm to me that you have read and understood your role PM (if not, now’s the time to ask me any questions). Assuming that all players confirm promptly, Day 1 will start at 7pm UK time on Monday 18 April.

Time until Day 1 is due to begin: (expired on 2022-04-18 19:00:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:59 am

I am missing one confirmation (but that's the bank-holiday weekend for you; I'm chasing up). We'll go ahead and start Day 1 regardless. If the player in question was required to make any choices during Night 0, those choices were made randomly.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:00 am

Dawn of Day 1

Everyone gathers in Chestnut Lodge for a fun day full of activities. Except... oh.

CDB is dead.

Your beloved moderator has been compromised to a permanent end. This seems like the work of a cult, so you're probably looking for multiple killers. Better get on that.

That's not the only thing happening at the lodge today, though...

A Codenames board has been set up.

Unless you've been told otherwise by PM, you can't interact with this right now.

Ten candles are burning.

They look to have been lit very recently.

Unless you've been told otherwise by PM, you can't interact with this right now.

The Cockroach Poker deck is missing six cards.

Three stink bugs and three scorpions have been taken out of the box.

Everyone has a potato.

You're not entirely sure where the potatoes came from, but you
are
starting to get hungry.

Every player starts the game with 1 potato. At the start of Day 2, every living player must eat a potato. Any Town-aligned player who is unable to eat a potato at that time (i.e. doesn't have at least 1) will immediately die.

During Day 1, you may pass around your potatoes if you wish. To give somebody a potato, write "
Pass Potato to [Player Name]
" on a separate line of text so that I can see it clearly.
No player can hold more than 2 potatoes at any time.

Once potatoes have been eaten at the start of Day 2 and any starving Town players have died, all potatoes will be confiscated and this mechanic will cease to exist. So if you want to engage in tuber-based shenanigans, Today is the day to do it!

McMenno and Primate are your Consuls today.

You will not be voting for an execution Today. (Will you ever? This is me explicitly not answering that question.) Instead, McMenno and Primate have been chosen as your two Consuls.

Either of them may, at any time, post
Nominate: [Player Name]
, naming a player that they would like to be executed. The other Consul must then either post
Execute: [That Player]
or
Veto Nomination
. If the player is executed, then the Day ends immediately with their death. If the nomination is vetoed, the Day continues.
Once a player has been nominated once by a Consul, they may not be nominated again (even by the other Consul) for the rest of the Day.
If the Consuls do not agree on an execution before the deadline hits, nobody will be executed Today.

Consuls, please post your nominations, executions and vetoes on a separate line of text so that I can see them clearly.

Oh, and one more thing...

A Tall Man in a Small Room

Shanba
is not in this game, but has permission to post in the game thread and pretend that he is.

To be clear, Shanba has no information about the setup, no incentive to care either way who wins and loses, and no mechanical effect on the game. He cannot vote or die or do anything else that real players do. He can pretend to vote (if a Day ever happens on which voting is necessary), but I won't count it. No player may target him with any ability because he is not in this game. He does not have a potato. He genuinely has permission to post, but that's the extent of the joke.

You have 10 days. Here's your deadline: (expired on 2022-04-28 19:00:00). Good luck!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:22 am

Nomination

Primate has nominated Bellaphant for execution.

McMenno is not obliged to decide immediately on whether to confirm or veto this nomination, but neither Consul may nominate another player until a decision on this nomination has been made.

Potato Count

Here's how many potatoes each player currently holds:

Bellaphant
has
1 potato
Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
1 potato
Fenchurch
has
1 potato
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

• At the start of Day 2, each living player must eat a potato. Any town-aligned players who are unable to do so (on account of not having a potato in their possession at the time) will immediately die.
  • At any time during Day 1, any player with 1 or more potatoes may post "
    " on a new line of text. This will transfer 1 potato to the chosen player.
  • No player may hold more than 2 potatoes at any one time.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-04-28 19:00:00).
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am

Nomination

McMenno is not obliged to decide immediately on whether to confirm or veto this nomination, but neither Consul may nominate another player until a decision on this nomination has been made.

Potato Count

Bellaphant
has
1 potato
Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
1 potato
Fenchurch
has
1 potato
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

• At the start of Day 2, each living player must eat a potato. Any town-aligned players who are unable to do so (on account of not having a potato in their possession at the time) will immediately die.

Non-Binding Vote Count

Bellaphant (3):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, cpol

Remember that votes have no tangible game effect at the moment; only the Consuls can nominate and execute. This vote count only exists because the mod is a cool pal who's here to help.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:26 am

Nomination

Potato Count

Bellaphant
has
1 potato
Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
1 potato
Fenchurch
has
1 potato
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

Non-Binding Vote Count

Bellaphant (4):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, cpol, mykonian
cpol (2):
Klick, Fenchurch
mykonian (2):
Bellaphant, Primate
Porochaz (1):
Nexus

Remember that votes have no tangible game effect at the moment; only the Consuls can nominate and execute. This vote count only exists because the mod is a cool pal who's here to help.

Activity

Wenna
has been prodded.

Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:03 pm

Nomination

Potato Count

cpol has passed a potato to Fenchurch.

Bellaphant
has
1 potato
Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
0 potatoes
Fenchurch
has
2 potatoes
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

Non-Binding Vote Count

Bellaphant (4):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, cpol, mykonian
cpol (3):
Klick, Fenchurch, Nexus
mykonian (2):
Bellaphant, Primate
Nexus (1):
mykonian

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #137 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:24 am

End of Day 1

McMenno has confirmed Primate's nomination of Bellaphant.

Bellaphant,
, has been executed on Day 1.

Potato Count

Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
0 potatoes
Fenchurch
has
2 potatoes
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

Start of Night 1

You have a deadline of 72 hours for any choices that need to be made during the night. Actions submitted after this deadline will not be counted. According to the rules of this game, I would end the Night early if I have received all necessary player input by the 48-hour mark but I have plans on Saturday that will prevent that, so expect a flat 72 hours either way.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-04-24 15:25:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #138 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:33 am

I have all necessary actions, so ending Night 1 a couple of hours before deadline to suit my own schedule, whims and needs.

Dawn of Day 2

mykonian, the
, died during Night 1.
Takuma,
, died during Night 1.

You find a stink bug lying face-up next to the bodies. Searching mykonian's corpse, you also find the remaining five Cockroach Poker cards. You return them all to the deck and put away the game box.

The Codenames board remains in place.

Seven candles are burning.

Three have gone out overnight.

Time to eat some potatoes!

Oh, what's this?
During the Night, cpol gained a potato.

You're all getting really hungry now, so it's time to dig in.

Everyone eats a potato; no players were unable to do so, so nobody dies.

All potatoes now disappear. They won't have any further effect on this game.

There are no Consuls today, so you'll be voting normally to achieve an execution. With 10 players alive, it will take 6 votes to execute. You have 10 days.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-04 13:33:00)
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:33 pm

Vote Count

McMenno (5):
Fenchurch, Klick, Porochaz, Cogito Ergo Sum, McMenno
cpol (1):
Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (3): cpol, Nexus, Primate

With 10 players alive, it will take 6 votes to execute.

PSA: How to use vote tags

[vote']Example[/vote'] (removing the apostrophes)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #243 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:31 am

Vote Count

McMenno (4):
Fenchurch, Porochaz, Cogito Ergo Sum, McMenno
cpol (1):
Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (4): cpol, Nexus, Primate, Klick

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #266 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:44 am

Vote Count

McMenno (3):
Fenchurch, Porochaz, Cogito Ergo Sum
cpol (1):
Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna
Wenna (1):
Nexus
Klick (1):
McMenno

Not voting (3): cpol, Primate, Klick

Activity

Postie
has been prodded.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #275 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 pm

Vote Count

McMenno (2):
Fenchurch, Cogito Ergo Sum
cpol (1):
Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna
Wenna (1):
Nexus
Klick (1):
McMenno

Not voting (4): cpol, Primate, Klick, Porochaz

Activity

Primate
has been prodded.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #280 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:31 pm

Activity

Fenchurch
Klick
Nexus
and
Wenna
have been prodded.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:25 am

Activity

Postie
has been prodded.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:26 am

I probably should have relaxed the 'three strikes' rule a little bit for this game; I just copied my old ruleset without thinking too much about whether that particular rule should be different for this game. I'm open to amending it to just 'replace if prods aren't answered' if the playerlist at large is comfortable with that.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Sun May 01, 2022 12:19 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (4):
cpol, Nexus, Klick, McMenno
McMenno (3):
Fenchurch, Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (2): Primate, Porochaz

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #328 (isolation #19) » Mon May 02, 2022 2:25 am

Rules Update

As previously floated, I have formally updated the rules in the opening post - specifically, rule 11, to reflect my belief that a three-strikes-and-you're-out system is not the right approach for this particular game. I have heard no objections to that suggestion, which is why I am comfortable making this change, but I appreciate that this might be considered poor form and apologise if it in any way affects anyone's strategy in this game.

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (4):
McMenno (3):
Fenchurch, Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (2): Primate, Porochaz

Activity

Wenna
has been prodded.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #345 (isolation #20) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:20 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (4):
McMenno (4):
Fenchurch, Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, Primate
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (1): Porochaz

Activity

Cogito Ergo Sum
and
Porochaz
have been prodded.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #354 (isolation #21) » Tue May 03, 2022 7:25 am

End of Day 2

An execution has been achieved.

McMenno (6):
Fenchurch, Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, Primate, cpol, McMenno

Cogito Ergo Sum (2):
Nexus, Klick
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (1): Porochaz

McMenno,
, has been executed on Day 2.

Start of Night 2

You have a deadline of 72 hours for any choices that need to be made during the night. Actions submitted after this deadline will not be counted. I will end the Night early after at least 48 hours have passed if I have received all necessary decisions from players.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-06 19:25:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #355 (isolation #22) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:59 pm

I have all player decisions and at least 48 hours have passed, so let's get on with it.

Dawn of Day 3

Klick,
, died during Night 2.

The Codenames board remains in place.

Six candles are burning.

One has gone out overnight.

There are now 8 players alive, so it'll take 5 votes to execute someone. You have 10 days.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-16 09:00:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #402 (isolation #23) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:20 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (1)
: Postie
Nexus (1):
Fenchurch
Porochaz (1):
cpol

Not voting (5):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Nexus, Porochaz, Primate, Wenna

Activity

Primate
has been prodded.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #452 (isolation #24) » Tue May 10, 2022 10:22 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Postie, Nexus
Nexus (1):
Fenchurch
Primate (1):
cpol

Not voting (4):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Porochaz, Primate, Wenna

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #485 (isolation #25) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (3)
: Postie, Nexus, Wenna
Nexus (1):
Fenchurch

Not voting (4):
Cogito Ergo Sum, cpol, Porochaz, Primate

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for an execution.

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #493 (isolation #26) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:25 pm

In post 489, Porochaz wrote:
CDB, are there six candles burning or should there just be 5?
There are no errors in the opening post of Day 3.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #519 (isolation #27) » Thu May 12, 2022 11:50 am

In post 513, Postie wrote:
@CDB
- Do we know if scum have daytalk, or is it a mystery?
That information is not publicly available.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #527 (isolation #28) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:34 am

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Nexus, Wenna
Wenna (2):
Primate, Fenchurch
Fenchurch (1):
Porochaz

Not voting (3):
Cogito Ergo Sum, cpol, Postie

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #590 (isolation #29) » Sat May 14, 2022 10:55 pm

Vote Count

Fenchurch (3):
Porochaz, Wenna, cpol
Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Nexus, Fenchurch
Wenna (2):
Primate, Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (1):
Postie

I am phoneposting for a couple of hours but will be doing some term-replacement when I get back. I know that everyone is trying their best so don't feel bad if I have to badger you but, also, yeah, it is an important reminder.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #600 (isolation #30) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:09 am

Vote Count

Fenchurch (4):
Porochaz, Wenna, cpol, Primate
Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Nexus, Fenchurch
Wenna (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (1):
Postie

#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #603 (isolation #31) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:21 am

End of Day 3

An execution has been achieved.

Fenchurch (5): Porochaz, Wenna, cpol, Primate, Nexus

Cogito Ergo Sum (1)
: Fenchurch
Wenna (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (1):
Postie

Fenchurch,
, has been executed on Day 3.

Start of Night 3

You have a deadline of 72 hours for any choices that need to be made during the night. Actions submitted after this deadline will not be counted. I will end the Night early after at least 48 hours have passed if I have received all necessary decisions from players.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-18 18:21:00)
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #604 (isolation #32) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 am

All necessary decisions have now been locked in, so I'm ending the Night early.

Dawn of Day 4

cpol,
Eight People Watching One Gave of Hive, Vanilla Townie
, died during Night 3.

Endgame

A faction has achieved its win condition.

Porochaz,
Bernhard Piemann, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Primate,
A Mandarin Covered in Sellotape, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Wenna,
McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Cogito Ergo Sum, the
Cultist of the Shadow, Cult Night 0 Consulmaker
, survives and wins!

Postie, the
Cultist of the Devourer, Cult One-Shot Potato Vendor
, survives and wins!

Nexus, the
Cultist of the Dark One, Cult Traitor
, survives and wins!

Full role information and night activity to follow. In the meantime, congratulations to the victorious Cultists!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #605 (isolation #33) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 am

The Setup

Spoiler: Cogito Ergo Sum
Welcome to the game,
Cogito Ergo Sum!

You are the
Cultist of the Shadow, Cult Night 0 Consulmaker

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one.

• Scum Faction:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that
    Postie
    is also a Cultist, and the two of you share this private topic, which will be open for you to talk to each other during pregame and Night phases. In that topic, every Night from Night 1 onwards (the game starts with Night 0), the two of you may select another player to kill. You will need to specify which Cultist is performing the kill.

• Scattered Allies:
    You know that there is a third Cultist here to join the ritual, but you haven't yet been able to make contact with them. They may or may not be able to join your private topic under certain conditions. The Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist. If a Cultist is not in your private topic, they cannot perform the factional nightkill.

• Let's Be Civilised About This:
    On Night 0, and Night 0 only, you must select two players who will be Consuls on Day 1. You may not select yourself (but other Cultists may be selected).

• Safe Claims:
    You and Postie know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    Baby Izzy
    The Fortune Teller From Blood on the Clocktower
    A Priest Who Marries People to Rocks
    and
    The People Who Saw Us Dressed as Romans
    . At any time, either in your private topic (during Nights) or via private message to me and me only (during Days), you may request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the four just listed if you want.

Your win condition:
All town players are dead and at least one Cultist is still alive, or a gamestate is achieved in which anything other than that result is no longer possible.

Spoiler: Postie
Welcome to the game,
Postie!

You are the
Cultist of the Devourer, Cult One-Shot Potato Vendor

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one.

• Scum Faction:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    is also a Cultist, and the two of you share this private topic, which will be open for you to talk to each other during pregame and Night phases. In that topic, every Night from Night 1 onwards (the game starts with Night 0), the two of you may select another player to kill. You will need to specify which Cultist is performing the kill.

• Scattered Allies:
    You know that there is a third Cultist here to join the ritual, but you haven't yet been able to make contact with them. They may or may not be able to join your private topic under certain conditions. The Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist. If a Cultist is not in your private topic, they cannot perform the factional nightkill.

• Devour This:
    On Night 1, you must choose a living player; they will gain a potato. You cannot choose yourself, nor can you choose anyone who already has 2 or more potatoes. Yes, we're doing the potato thing in this game. You'll find out how exactly it works in the opening post of Day 1.

• Safe Claims:
    You and CES know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    Baby Izzy
    The Fortune Teller From Blood on the Clocktower
    A Priest Who Marries People to Rocks
    and
    The People Who Saw Us Dressed as Romans
    . At any time, either in your private topic (during Nights) or via private message to me and me only (during Days), you may request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the four just listed if you want.

Your win condition:
All town players are dead and at least one Cultist is still alive, or a gamestate is achieved in which anything other than that result is no longer possible.

Spoiler: Nexus
Welcome to the game,
Nexus!

You are the
Cultist of the Dark One, Cult Traitor

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one. But, er, hang on, who's actually
in
your secret society again? Did you arrive at the last congregation too late to hear the role call? That's embarrassing. Er, anyway. The sacrifice. Yes.

• Traitor:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that there are two other Cultists in the game; they already know who each other are and they share a private topic in which they'll do sneaky things like direct the Cult's factional nightkill. The other two Cultists know that your role exists, and that the the Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist (which is true! You remember that much, at least). But they do not know who you are and they do not know if it is possible to recruit you.

• Making Contact:
    If one of the other two Cultists dies, you will be able to recognise the flash of panic in the eyes of your allies and immediately re-establish contact with them. If a Cultist dies, you will immediately become a Cult Goon, gaining access to the private topic and the ability to perform the factional nightkill.

• Safe Claims:
    You know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    The Whodunnit Yarn Wall
    and
    CDB, cpol and Shanba's Extended Collective Impression of Reddit
    . At any time, you may PM me to request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the two just listed if you want.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: mykonian
Welcome to the game,
mykonian!

You are the

Ah, Cockroach Poker. A reliable meet favourite. You certainly can't get enough. That's why you pocketed a handful of cards from the deck before the game started. The other players might be too distracted by the grisly murder to agree to sit down for a full game, but you can
make
them play whether they like it or not.

• Starting Hand:
    You have three stink bugs and three scorpions in your hand. At the start of Day 1, everyone will be made aware that these six cards are missing from the deck.
  • This Is A...:
    Each Night, from Night 1 onwards (this game starts with Night 0), you must choose another living player and one of the cards in your hand, as well as a creature that you will declare the card to be. The card will be passed face-down to the player you targeted, who will be forced to either
    believe
    or
    disbelieve
    you. If they call it incorrectly, they die. If they call it correctly, you die. Either way, the card will be discarded face-up next to the corpse.
  • Read the Room:
    If a Night begins with 4 or fewer players alive, your ability stops working. Things are getting just a little bit too intense for card games, y'know? (Introspection about the part you played in creating a situation in which 4 or fewer players are alive is discouraged.)

Your win condition:
All anti-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive. (An "anti-town player" is defined as a player whose win condition requires one or more town players to be dead.)

Spoiler: Bellaphant
Welcome to the game,
Bellaphant!

You are

Dawg, it's straight-up the exact same role.

• Mayor:
    If you and only two other players remain alive at the start of a Day, and no execution occurs on that Day,
    town wins
    (this is a secret win condition not known to the rest of the town). If you die during a Night, the moderator
    may
    , at their discretion, choose another player to die instead, keeping you alive.

Your win condition:
OR
a Day that began with you and exactly two other players alive ends with no execution, in which case all town players win.

Spoiler: Klick
Welcome to the game,
Klick!

You are

If one question could be said to define the 2022 meet - and, yes, for some reason, that is actually the case - that question would be "how difficult would it be to make that out of cheese?". Well, as far as you're concerned, where there's a will, there's a whey. (Thanks, you've been a wonderful audience, I'm here all week, tip your bar staff.)

• The Codenames Grid:
    At the start of Day 1, a grid of Codenames cards will be posted in the game thread. Its purpose will not be explained publicly.
  • Making Things:
    Each Night, from Night 1 onwards (this game starts with Night 0), you may create an invention by PMing me two words that are orthogonally (not diagonally) adjacent to each other on the Codenames grid. You may choose the order in which the words are listed (for example, if you chose the words 'balloon' and 'snow', you could invent either Balloon Snow or Snow Balloon); this may or may not influence the game effect of the invention that you create. I will then decide how the invention works; you, however, will not be told how it works. You will then immediately use the invention; if it requires one or more players to be targeted, I will immediately ask you to target the appropriate number of players. The invention's effect will last for no longer than the end of the following Day.
  • Mandatory Creativity:
    If you submit a pair of words that has already been used (either way round) to invent something in this game, you will be forced to pick a different pair of words.
  • Throw the Mod a Bone:
    Due to the potentially complicated process of resolving your ability, you are encouraged to think about your invention choices during the Day so that you can submit an invention to me as soon as possible after the Night phase begins. This is not mechanically binding; if you need to take some time at the start of the Night, please take it.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Takuma
Welcome to the game,
Takuma!

You are

You are well connected in Roman high society, with a wide variety of... wares. You're more than happy to use your wealth to fund projects by aspiring social climbers but, of course, you are entitled to expect some return on your investment...

• The Codenames Grid:
    At the start of Day 1, a grid of Codenames cards will be posted in the game thread. Its purpose will not be explained publicly.
  • A Business Arrangement:
    Once during each Day (before an execution or no-execution is reached), you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. If that player is still alive at the start of the next Night, they will be compelled to create an invention by combining two words that are orthogonally (not diagonally) adjacent to each other on the Codenames grid. I will decide how the invention works; neither you nor the inventor will be told what I decide. If the invention requires one or more players to be targeted, the inventor will be asked to target the appropriate number of players. Once the invention has been created and any applicable targets selected, I will show you the chosen combination of words. You will then be permitted to
    blackmail
    the inventor. If you choose to do this, and the inventor was asked to target one or more players to satisfy the ability, all of those targeting choices will be redirected to target you instead. You will not be told if you redirected anything this way. I will inform the inventor that they were blackmailed, but I will not elaborate on what that means. The invention's effect will last for no longer than the end of the following Day.
  • Mix It Up:
    All inventions must be different. If an inventor submits a pair of words that has already been used to invent something in this game, they will be forced to pick a different pair of words.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Porochaz
Welcome to the game,
Porochaz!

You are
Bernhard Piemann, Vanilla Townie

Honestly, you devote your life to groundbreaking mathematical theory, becoming internationally renowned in your field... and then someone misreads an 'R' during the Name Game and you're reduced to being the guy whose name is 'Pie Man'. Fuck's sake. I can't tell who's more annoyed about this; you or Shanba.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: cpol
Welcome to the game,
cpol!

You are
Eight People Watching One Game of Hive, Vanilla Townie

This doesn't make any sense. Hive is a two-player game. We're all just standing here. We could be doing something all together. But... ooh, have they spotted the spider move there?

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Wenna
Welcome to the game,
Wenna!

You are
McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie

The slip of paper says that you only need to wait for around 15 minutes before you can get up, tell people you've died, and resume your life. But in order to check how many minutes have passed, you'd have to move your eyes to look at your phone. And you can't move your eyes. Because you're dead. Besides, it'll be much funnier if someone finds you like this. They're all in the next room. Surely it can't take
that
much longer...

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: McMenno
Welcome to the game,
McMenno!

You are

Did it help that some of the most vocal (geddit?) proponents of doing karaoke left on Monday? No. Did it help that we kept playing WereLeg until 11pm then starting games of Ten Candles? Also no. Were the people who were on the fence ever sufficiently inebriated? Never. Oh well. Maybe next year.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Primate
Welcome to the game,
Primate!

You are
A Mandarin Covered in Sellotape, Vanilla Townie

This is better than a tennis ball. This is, in fact, the perfect ball.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Fenchurch
Welcome to the game,
Fenchurch!

You are

You're the undisputed champion of the gladiator games! You're madly in love with your extremely affectionate girlfriend, supported in all things by your loyal sister, and in the best physical shape of your life. OK, yes, you were coerced into impregnating your master's wife and, yes, some people seem really angry that you obliterated Whatshisface in the arena the other day, and also someone keeps trying to dig into the truth about your piece-of-shit birth parents, whoever they were. Why, yes, actually, I suppose it does sound like a lot of different people have plausible reasons for wanting you dead. Oh well, I'm sure it'll blow over.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

The candles in the start-of-Day posts were meaningless fluff. I chose the reduction in numbers arbitrarily.

Night Activity

Night 0

• CES chooses McMenno and Primate

Night 1

• The Cult chooses Postie to kill Takuma
  • Postie grants a potato to cpol
  • Myko passes a stink bug to Nexus and says it's a stink bug. Nexus
    believes
    him, correctly - so Myko dies
  • Klick invents
    Web Lawyer
    which I decide envelops the target in an online flame war, resulting in statements that look extremely bad when taken out of context and making the target Hated for the next Day. He chooses Porochaz as the target
  • Takuma did not confirm an inventor target before the end of Day 1 so does nothing at night

Night 2

• The Cult chooses CES to kill Klick
  • Klick invents
    Ear Card
    , which I decide means that he listens to hear if someone moves about to perform an action at Night, rustling their card in the process. He uses this on Fenchurch, and is therefore told that she didn't take any actions Tonight. But also, y'know, he dies.

Night 3
  • The Cult chooses Postie to kill cpol

Private Topics

The Cultist Chat
The Dead Thread

Thank you for playing!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #607 (isolation #34) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:46 am

Yeah, the town seemed to really struggle to put this one together - especially once they decided that there simply hadn't been enough power roles so that they trusted the already-widely townread Postie implicitly. Perhaps the fact that Nexus was not known to his own team pretty much until his last act of the game muddied the waters there.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #613 (isolation #35) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Yeah, all the power roles (especially the inventors) getting mowed down as quickly as possible was a bit of a shame.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”