Micro 1053: DmangwGBiaf [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:32 am

Post by koopashell »

VOTE: yeet
get yeeted
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Booriiing.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Wow I can't believe you'd hammer without claim there smh
I prefer they, thanks :)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.07

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-05-02 11:00:00).

yeet
Yeet [4]:
Aristeia, Instructor Rean, NorwegianboyEE, koopashell
NorwegianboyEE [2]:
Yeet, Save The Dragons
Aristeia [1]:
bugspray

not voting [2]:
Dwlee99, Gamma Emerald

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh my goodness! I was fooled!
I prefer they, thanks :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

waiting for yeetdot
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He or They

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Instructor Rean »

Ditto the wait. Will be afk due to work shit.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:09 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 403, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.07

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-05-02 11:00:00).

yeet
Yeet [4]:
Aristeia, Instructor Rean, NorwegianboyEE, koopashell
NorwegianboyEE [2]:
Yeet, Save The Dragons
Aristeia [1]:
bugspray

not voting [2]:
Dwlee99, Gamma Emerald

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage
SMH MY HEAD mod interference /j
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

intent to hammer yeet

he hasn't posted in over a day, my patience has worn thin
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Datisi »

prodding bugspray.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Yeet »

I'll give a little bit of thoughts tonight, as promised, but not as much as I was hoping to do
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Yeet »

Okay I've reskimmed the game and I'm just lost, honestly
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Yeet »

I'll give some thoughts on where I'm at on each slot. I don't really know if I have a ranking. I'm conflicted on basically every slot. I have 3 tiers, townread, townlean, and nullish, no particularly order within the tiers.

Dwlee - It feels like their thoughts flow very naturally. I believe they are capable of this very broadly as scum? But it is all so fast and jumpy and one point to the next, pointed, unabashed, transparent-looking, etc. For example, the immediate backoff when Rean backed off of Dwlee is something too ballsy to do as scum who is aware of how their actions are perceived, like Norwee went right ahead and attacked it superficially for seeming "pockety". Yeah, idk, I just don't really see someone who posts like Dwlee being scum here and if their scumgame wasn't impeccable I'd probably have them as a harder townread.
STD - Just like, too chill while moving the game along. I mindmelded with some of his early thoughts on Norwee and some other things I forgot. I get the sense he is actually trying to play the game and not just posturing around doing a cheap imitation of his towngame or being super lurky (like the previous traitor game).

Rean - I think the way that Rean acted around his alt outing made a lot of sense from a town POV and wasn't over-performative - I think he easily could've slammed the point home better as scum and I think he would try to overwhelm us a little more. The stubborn confidence is also what I expect from town!Rean although sure this is probably fakeable. Also he had that interaction with Dwlee that felt townie I think (which I think is more +town for Dwlee but I remember getting a reasonable impression of Rean as well).
Gamma - I thought Gamma/s posting was townish in the early game but have not been getting those vibes consistently later on. I think the initial reads under his alt and the lack of confidence around his reasoning and continued mentions of him not being sure but trying to explain himself all rang very earnest townie to me rather than scum trying to posture. I'm getting a more null sense from his more recent posting but perhaps the early posts are simply out of scumrange.

koopa - I'm kind of underwhelmed by their contributions. Granted I know they are playing a different style than usual. But nothing they are doing isn't fakeable and it feels like they are just kinda chillin. Very null. Wouldn't mind voting here.
Norwegian - Idk I'm getting some small hints of townvibes from Norwee but I think he has improved his scumgame to the point of being passable. And I think that's what he is this game - passable. I think town!Norwee is going to obvtown if we let him live a little bit longer so I'm fine not voting him today. There's nothing that screams town to me in his posting and I'm not at all convinced that he is actually playing this game rather than just banally posturing around. I'm not exactly a Norwee whisperer so I'm not going pretend I am but I do have my own idea of how he plays as town, and, is this it? Idk fam. And as much as I want to trust other people on him being town, I've seen multiple people be extremely convinced that scum!Norwee is town. So I'm willing to keep this open should I get to live more days.
Aristeia - VOTE: Aristeia okay so I'm voting here mostly because I don't really know where else to vote. I don't really get townvibes from Aristeia but for some reason a lot of other people are which is giving me some pause. I'm not really sure why she isn't playing the normal towngame I expect her to play. It's not aggressive and . I think it's possible that she is defaulting to a more lackadaisical scum style that she employs on her main; why, I don't really know. The "secret scumread" thing on me yes it makes sense from a town!POV but the way she went about it seemed too uncaring to me. I guess I'm sort of talking myself into scumleaning her but idk if I have any actual remote level of confidence here.
bugspray - does nothing for the most part which is kind of NAI but also just seems to not really care about what's going on which is like mildly +town I guess. They also pointed out that Aristeia might be scum for some reason they couldn't explain which was actually sort of a mindmeld for me since I was just starting to get queasy on Aristeia around the same time.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Yeet »

random other addendums I had

To elaborate on Dwlee: Dwlee noticing the thing about Aristeia like on page 1 seemed organic btw. Yes they are decent at faking progression but can they do it THAT quickly? I thought it was null bc it could be postury the first time I skimmed through it a while ago, but reading that with the timestamps seems like too fast. Like they were definitely looking for it. And if they're scum prepared to look for it well then they just got lucky and are that good I guess. I don't even know if they get that much towncred for it in practice though so what's the point of faking that whole thing. They ended up getting run up anyway so clearly their early game didn't look very good to people.

koopa being this trolly just seems a little too lackadaisical, idk. I was on a meme scumteam with them once and I know they pride themselves super hard on their scumgame so... if this is their scumgame like is this really it fam. I'm sort of leveling myself into thinking they could be town for this behavior.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

retract intent to hammer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Yeet »

It really feels like I am relying on some combination of wifom and my half baked meta to read people this game which is making things seem a little murky and indecisive in my mind, hence why I succumbed to the paranoia early on not really wanting to commit to a read. Now that I'm at E1 it is sort of jogging the mind a little bit to push aside some of murkiness and just come out and spew thoughts. I'm not saying I don't think my reasonings are valid but the situation really is bringing out the inner paranoia and wifomery in me.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Yeet »

Thanks for retract Gamma.

Okay so my first question for anyone who wants to answer is: Why are Aristeia and Norwee town? Me not townreading them rn seems to be an unpopular take and I think it would be informative for me to better understand why.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 412, Yeet wrote:I'm not really sure why she isn't playing the normal towngame I expect her to play. It's not aggressive

?

I don't really get this take.

We've played two games together afaiw;

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89172

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88987

in both games you are much more involved in game flow, solvy, display excessive confidence in your own reads etc and here you're just kind of not that.

I didn't like that and I voted you - you're now at E-1. I didn't aggressively push for you to be voted out before you played because;

(a) you might just have real life circumstances and it'd be a shame to mislim off that.

and

(b) it'd be interesting to see what content you produce in case we do elim you and you flip mafia.

I don't really like your catchup wall not just because you're voting for me but your takes feel somewhat vapid - like you're just making very surface level observations and not really saying much about people's alignments etc - it feels somewhat close to resigned scum anti-spew.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Aristeia »

It's weird to me why you feel so "confused" as you put it because imo Panic Room had a much stronger PL and harder to read players than this one and you were extremely confident in your reads in that game so it just feels kind of off to me that here you are acting like you are confused and don't really know what to do.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Aristeia »

when you say you are scumreading me for lack of aggression - can you be more specific about what type of aggression you think is missing from the thread from me?

for example what exactly do you think Town!me would've done so far this game that in your opinion scum!me hasn't done?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 416, Yeet wrote:Why are Aristeia and Norwee town? Me not townreading them rn seems to be an unpopular take
I don't quite understand this take from you since me/norwe are literally the only people with votes on them other than you so it feels more like a take stated because you can maybe get somewhere with voting us rather than an actual statement that you suspect us for ??? reasons.
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He or They

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by Instructor Rean »

I agree that catch-up is pretty underwhelming. Maybe just Yeet and bugspray? It feels to simple but makes sense. I townread their earlier posting but I am wondering if maybe it was designed for that reaction.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »

UNVOTE:

I'm not sure I want the day to end here.

the more I think about it the more this vote from yeet feels so bad that maybe he doesn't even do it as mafia
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Posting a big wall with a lot of rambling and superficial stances.
I don’t really see why this is town, Ari.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like it doesn’t feel very organic.

And there is almost no spacing in their text. (Biggest crime)

- Bunno

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”