Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2044, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2038, Bell wrote:…>.> I just don’t know how to say this after my last game with Luke but I really think this is their town game because they seem *this* close to having a meltdown and seem pretty mad overall. Whenever they get pushed this has been my experience with town Luke.

But I’ve never played with scum luke.
i don't think its exclusive to town luke

viewtopic.php?p=13383060#p13383060
dunnstral you may take a swing at my ego it’s free.

1. The difference is that Luke was calling people dumbasses in that one versus this one in which they’re trying not to call people dumbasses in this one.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Enchant »

Fun allowed.

Just don't expect people will believe you.

Like in that tale with kid who screamed WOLFS without real wolfs, so after 2-3 times he got shot from crossbow and called victim of wolf horde.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2049, Kovu wrote:
In post 2047, Bell wrote:See that’s the thing. I respect their possible fake clear on R&R while simultaneously acknowledging that they’re probably scum and just gambiting to live another day phase because that’s better than efforting.
so you respect that, but don't respect me? got it.
I respect people in general enough to say that I don’t think you got it lol. I used respect to mean “I acknowledge that, if they’re scum their fake result is probably on a town RR”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Bell »

Normally I would shy away from engaging you since it’s not productive and I think you’re town. But sure. I have the posts and I’m conflicted with all the wagons tbh. Dwlee seems the easiest.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

I will try to get in here later but I'm feeling really awful rn :/
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2053, Bell wrote:Normally I would shy away from engaging you since it’s not productive and I think you’re town. But sure. I have the posts and I’m conflicted with all the wagons tbh. Dwlee seems the easiest.
I'm the easiest wagon because I'm town
I prefer they, thanks :)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Gonna start a post restriction count down on my posts, so I don't go over:
I have 14 posts left after this one.
In post 2038, Bell wrote:…>.> I just don’t know how to say this after my last game with Luke but I really think this is their town game because they seem *this* close to having a meltdown and seem pretty mad overall. Whenever they get pushed this has been my experience with town Luke.

This feels like you are trying to draw a parallel between this game and that one, but I don't see the similarity from the drivers seat.

I don't think that I have actually gotten upset this game at all. Just gotten really convinced of my gorilla scum read.

I think that my play wrt to my PR makes absolutely no sense as coming from scum. Like at all. And I feel like if anyone actually stops and looks at all of the stances I have taken between - first approaching Bell without outing, then outing, not accepting twinning with marci, suggesting kovu, not accepting Dunns proposal, then accepting dunns proposal, then focusing on getting a back up plan to kill gorilla - it literally doesn't make sense coming from a scum version of my role.

But, I also don't think that it really matters. And it can be a discussion if I some how am alive tomorrow.

--------

@Kovu and fire.

I think that it is time to say exactly what information that you have. I find it hard to just blindly accept that you have a clear, when even as you claimed you implied that there was an uncertain element
In post 1828, Kovu wrote:I mean, I have info that I'm
almost
certain clears cakez so yeah, he's not being limmed here
And I think that we need to look at it to decide if we are going to consider whether I am going to twin with Baltar on Cakez, or stick to my plan to twin with Dunn on Gorilla.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Kovu »

you are not getting anymore info from me. cakez is town. do not invictus him
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2056, Lukewarm wrote:This feels like you are trying to draw a parallel between this game and that one, but I don't see the similarity from the drivers seat.

I don't think that I have actually gotten upset this game at all. Just gotten really convinced of my gorilla scum read.

I think that my play wrt to my PR makes absolutely no sense as coming from scum. Like at all. And I feel like if anyone actually stops and looks at all of the stances I have taken between - first approaching Bell without outing, then outing, not accepting twinning with marci, suggesting kovu, not accepting Dunns proposal, then accepting dunns proposal, then focusing on getting a back up plan to kill gorilla - it literally doesn't make sense coming from a scum version of my role.

But, I also don't think that it really matters. And it can be a discussion if I some how am alive tomorrow.
i thought it was relevant to what bell was talking about, at least. i don't think the situations are super similar though, it was more just an example of range

and i don't really think your play makes sense with your role as stated, either. i think that if you're scum you likely will still be alive tomorrow, and yes, it can be a discussion then. i don't really think you expect to die, because you have had a level of investment in convincing people that you're town post-claim that doesn't really seem like something you should care about if you are town with the role that you've stated

as for cakez, i don't see why thats a slot that needs to be sorted immediately. im deferring to kovu on this one and sticking with what i said earlier, that i don't want to elim him today
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have 13 posts left after this one.
In post 2058, fireisredsir wrote:i thought it was relevant to what bell was talking about, at least. i don't think the situations are super similar though, it was more just an example of range
Ah
and i don't really think your play makes sense with your role as stated, either. i think that if you're scum you likely will still be alive tomorrow, and yes, it can be a discussion then. i don't really think you expect to die, because you have had a level of investment in convincing people that you're town post-claim that doesn't really seem like something you should care about if you are town with the role that you've stated
I have done nothing but try to get maximum use out of the role, so I don't know what part of what I have done has not made sense to you.

I am not sure what made you think that I am not expecting to die. Because that really does seem like the most likely scenario for the night from my pov. When I first full claimed that it would kill gorilla, I really expected that to lead to me dying. Either, from scum!gorilla's invictus or, if he was town, I would be night killed because I don't think that scum would want to let a claimed and proven vig stay in the game and in that scenario, would be a safe kill to make, like they would not fear my invictus. Because I am openly on gorilla with it AND killing him. So they don't risk any of them dying from their night kill's invictus. So, even before gorilla doubled down on planting his invictus on me, I expected to die regardless of gorilla's alignment.

From my pov, I have been primarily focused on pointing out why gorilla is scum here, not really trying to convince people I am town outside of the comment to gorilla to consider not having me as his invictus if he is town. Or I guess until that exact comment, but frankly it does feel baffling that you seem to think that I would have done much of what I have done as scum, and I have an insatiable need to clear up what feels like misunderstanding and misconceptions and to explain my thoughts (see everything in this post up to this point lol). Maybe that is what made you think I am invested in being town read any more. idk.
as for cakez, i don't see why thats a slot that needs to be sorted immediately. im deferring to kovu on this one and sticking with what i said earlier, that i don't want to elim him today
The reason that he became a slot that needed to be sorted immediately was because he was presented as an alternative option for me to kill over gorilla. But if you and kovu are both doubling down, I think that means I am back to just always killing gorilla. (hate to break this one to you Baltar)

-----

Gorilla mentioned that a I should be more interested in leaving behind my perspective. Which, I did want to touch back on. I think that my strongest reads are clear (gorilla, cakez, and mala) but I also don't think that my takes right now are ever going to be more useful to solving this game then the 5 potential flips between now and tomorrow.

-----

And in general, I'm pretty over today
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1966, VP Baltar wrote:Dunn, what do you think of this turn of events from Luke?

General question, if Luke does vig gorilla, then gorilla gets to use his invictus, correct? As I'm thinking about it, it's slightly confusing to say Luke's kill is an auto-trigger invictus when the first kill part is essential to what an invictus is. What Luke is describing is more like a gained vig shot.
I don't see why a scum vig would announce in thread instead of using their power secretly when somebody makes it obvious on their own who they are going to invictus at night. Unless they were fishing for town credit I guess, but then I still don't know why they would claim the vig part today. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a scum-aligned vig claim to be a vig in thread as opposed to keeping quiet. Not counting serial killers which I have seen do that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1976, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1714, Gammagooey wrote:READS I HAVE THAT ACTUALLY MATTER
Dunn - Strongly feel that they should die. gorilla's said some similar stuff to what I'm about to (I have 1473 and 1485 in my notes in particular) but have a nice new condensed version with maybe a couple bonuses, freed from the wallpost swamp of the past.
A huge chunk of his iso for today has been nitpicking and gotchas of "NEVER SAID/DID THAT" instead of actually going over his reads in any detail, and I still have basically no idea what his reads are on the vast majority of the playerlist (he has scumreads on gorilla & cakez, and maybe still on marci I think. he's commented on VPB but as far as I see, not shared a read on him.) All the poking questions day 1 with no reads from him as followups followed by this feels like trying to keep an intentionally low profile and not give useful info for when he does get elim'd/invictus'd in the future. Also I think his push on gorilla is bad and feels more performative on his part than an actual effort to convince people that gorilla is scum and should die.
I definitely agree with the nitpicky/pointless arguing point. Also, now that Luke is out with this nonsense and pairing with Dunn, I am perhaps more swayed to backing the Dunn lim today as a safety measure.

Dunn -- I would like a full reads list from you when you pop up next. Do your best to sort people, and a sentence of reasoning would be great. No need to make cases.
You saw right

And I believe I've talked about gorilla/cakez/dwlee

Fey, Enchant are null and I don't have a good grasp on them. Fey stands out as not usually being this reserved, I think.
Gammagooey posts are pretty high quality actually but I'm soured that they are pushing me for reasons that I feel are bad. Actually this should maybe be a townlean due to the depth of their posts.

And with that I feel I've talked about everybody today. Are you voting me because you don't want Luke to be able to pair with me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2050, Bell wrote:

1. The difference is that Luke was calling people dumbasses in that one versus this one in which they’re trying not to call people dumbasses in this one.
Posts like this are so jarring to me; I don't know what you are referring to but you seem to think I'm going to "take a swing at your ego"
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by gorilla »

I want to note that I think VP Baltar and Enchant have both towntold very heavily in response to the dram over the last few pages. Paranoid world says that Baltar could step in between what he sees as an inevitable tvt implosion as scum to farm credit but I think the concern and the way he's trying to convince luke to shoot in the POE is legitimate. Enchant posting the way he did just doesn't come from scum and I would very much oppose killing them at this point.

More willing to vote Dunn at this point given more confidence in my townreads and narrowing PoE.

Would also be entirely willing to flashwagon Fey if anyone had the desire for it. Think she fits the exact model of where I'd expect scum to be: bland, unmemorable, doing exactly enough to avoid suspicion and nothing more. Trying not to stand out, as it were.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Fey »

Scum me has fun and goes wild.

As it is I'm waiting 'till tomorrow to get into things, yes I have a reason, yes you can ask me about it tomorrow.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by gorilla »

beetlejuice'd
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Fey »

I sure did.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2064, Fey wrote:Scum me has fun and goes wild.

As it is I'm waiting 'till tomorrow to get into things, yes I have a reason, yes you can ask me about it tomorrow.
I don't actually remember scum you ever having fun. But I'm glad you probably had fun as scum at one point and I hope this is true irregardless.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2063, gorilla wrote:I want to note that I think VP Baltar and Enchant have both towntold very heavily in response to the dram over the last few pages. Paranoid world says that Baltar could step in between what he sees as an inevitable tvt implosion as scum to farm credit but I think the concern and the way he's trying to convince luke to shoot in the POE is legitimate. Enchant posting the way he did just doesn't come from scum and I would very much oppose killing them at this point.

More willing to vote Dunn at this point given more confidence in my townreads and narrowing PoE.

Would also be entirely willing to flashwagon Fey if anyone had the desire for it. Think she fits the exact model of where I'd expect scum to be: bland, unmemorable, doing exactly enough to avoid suspicion and nothing more. Trying not to stand out, as it were.
I don't agree with this, Baltar is the kind of scum I like, they're fairly assertive, active, and involved.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2063, gorilla wrote:I want to note that I think VP Baltar and Enchant have both towntold very heavily in response to the dram over the last few pages. Paranoid world says that Baltar could step in between what he sees as an inevitable tvt implosion as scum to farm credit but I think the concern and the way he's trying to convince luke to shoot in the POE is legitimate. Enchant posting the way he did just doesn't come from scum and I would very much oppose killing them at this point.

Enchant always jokes adjacent to the battlefield.
I like your perspective that if this was tvt Baltar is trying to farm credit.

Oh, Sircakez apologized for not being here. Maybe I was wrong and they're town after all.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have 12 posts after this one

To chime in. I don't think that scum!baltar does what he did trying to get me to not kill gorilla if gorilla is town. So, if gorilla flips town, town bin baltar. If gorilla flips scum, baltar should be looked at pretty hard tomorrow.

I saw this, and questioned if it was even true. But i have played with scum!ydra twice.

One game, she was the absolute highest post count player in the game. By far. And she was the single most town read player. I have on more then one occasion described it as the single best scum performance that I have encountered on site. (Not sure if it is still definitively number 1, but definitely in the running)
The other game, she openly claimed to be scum while going hard into a weird power play fantasy with unwnd that made me very uncomfortable.

I would not have described either of her scum games as "bland, unmemorable, doing exactly enough to avoid suspicion and nothing more. Trying not to stand out, as it were."

I don't know that she was having fun in that power play thing with unwnd, but these adjectives were not applicable to either of those games.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2062, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2050, Bell wrote:

Posts like this are so jarring to me; I don't know what you are referring to but you seem to think I'm going to "take a swing at your ego"
Actually, I invited you to take a swing at my ego, because it's a distinction without a difference or one that I'm not really skilled enough to differentiate. We had a recent argument about something similar in our last game.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Fey »

Unwnd's my little scrunkly.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Fey »

In post 2067, Bell wrote:

I don't actually remember scum you ever having fun. But I'm glad you probably had fun as scum at one point and I hope this is true irregardless.
I'm powerful now and openwolf.

Awoo.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Fey »

Anyways,

Still voting Dwlee, if that wagon's not a thing then RIP. I don't actually know how to read Dunn.

If Meuh flares up I'll go there. Sure. Why not.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”