gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:02 am

Post by gorilla »

It's a good thing no one actually cares what you think.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Enchant »

Yeah.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:03 am

Post by gorilla »

Has anything even remotely worth commenting on happened in the past 8 pages? (this is a general question, not directed at Enchant)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Enchant »

Everyone assured team is Dunn/Cakez/Enchant and how game is already won.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2678, Enchant wrote:Everyone assured team is Dunn/Cakez/Enchant and how game is already won.
If it's any consolation, I still believe you are town.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Meuh »

I kind of just want the day to end at this pont
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Enchant »

It's a bad thing no one actually cares what you think.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Meuh »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Enchant »

It was meant to Gorilla.

Pedits.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.3

FLAVOR
The godfather had temporarily stepped away to attend to family matters, but the show must go on. The lieutenants debate the next move in the back office of one of their holdings, in this case a small pool hall.

"Some of the city council are getting noisy. They're pushing back against the permit blocks, saying it'll be more trouble than it's worth for us. Little too bold, if you ask me."

"They might be right. Once, they were disposable and replaceable...Now they're not, and they know it. We've made a show of force, but now they know that we're stretching the town too thin. There might not be anything left by the time we're through."

"We've still got to figure out some way to keep them in line. Tesla comes and the drug trade won't stop. We can carve out a niche here, but going underground, losing our status, losing our control, I don't know about that."

"Neither do I...Any word from the Bugatti Mafia?"

"No sign so far. At first I thought they'd be encroaching, but maybe they just don't want any part of this."

PlayerVotes
Dunnstral
(4)
Kovu (2528), SirCakez (2535), Gammagooey (2535), fireisredsir (2553)
SirCakez
(3)
Dunnstral (2264), Bell (2470), gorilla (2672)
Enchant
(1)
Meuh (2591)
gorilla
(1)
Enchant (2661)
Not Voting
(3)
Rhyme and Reason (2404), Val89 (2631), Fey (2666)

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-21 01:00:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2582, Rhyme and Reason wrote:I mean, that's unfortunate, but sure -- I'll take that over nothing
-defended Lavar all day d1 when he was the default mislim
-correctly read and pushed marci d2
-the stuff I said about how I wouldn't have picked Bell if I were scum in the hood
-continued to townread Luke despite being pushed by him and Kovu trying to convince me he was scum in the hood
-my reasoning for Dunn!scum is not something I would have pulled out as scum
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2583, Kovu wrote:(I'm stealing something fire said, but like, I noticed it too)

Sooo are all of yall ignoring the fact Dunn was at e-1 and enchant didn't hammer that? Like from enchant's POV, dunn like has to be maf here.. Enchant didn't want to hammer Dunn? ok, so enchant thinks dunn is town. then who are the 3 possible names for scum?
enchant and dunn are probably buddies!
In post 2589, Fey wrote:We should just stop saying blah blah Invictus Enchant he will be taken care of and just kill him.
honestly a very good take
In post 2612, Rhyme and Reason wrote:scum is probably just (Cakez, dunn, enchant) by PoE,
this is one of the most ridiculous scum team takes I've read recently LMAO
In post 2636, Gammagooey wrote:Cakez has been pushing Dunn pretty solidly and repeatedly pushed to kill marci - i guess it's technically possible that their solution to salvage the game is/was "turn it into a big bussing clusterfuck" but I feel like it's rarer for scumteams to actually go for that than maybe it should be?
ALSO
ever since I fucked up in Among Us Mafia and bussed my whole team I've stopped taking that approach to mafia. like I will bus maybe one person a game but I would not bus my whole team again because I got so much shit for it and it didn't even work.
In post 2648, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2578, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2569, Dunnstral wrote:Can you quote for me what you think I should respond to, SirCakez?
What do you even need? Say why you're town dude. It's what I've been doing today
So can you or not?

Because you didn't do what I asked here, you tried to turn it on me. I'm guessing you can't then and you were blowing smoke earlier.
Ok I'll throw you a bone
explain how you're playing here is different from how you'd be playing this as scum
In post 2660, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2634, Enchant wrote:Can someone scumcase me further than "Enchant is scum", i love reading jokes.
@Gammagooey
@SirCakez
@Fey

You are the designated someones, as the three pushing Enchant in some capacity today. Give us some reasoning and don't just ignore this.
I think his play around Marci was sketch as hell and if you look at his ISO he basically has spent all game voting town between Mala, Lavar, Dwlee, Gamma and most likely gorilla
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: enchant sure
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Bell »

Your reason for Dunn scum *is missing*
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2686, SirCakez wrote:Ok I'll throw you a bone
How about just answering the question?

You've been invited to do so twice now. This will be the third.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok uh

i kinda actually like dunn's latest posts

i think the point about fey's progression on cakez is good actually, the way she went from not really interacting that strongly to what felt like her saying "if you lim me without killing cakez next its a gamethrow" (ik she didn't literally say that but those were the vibes i got) is... not really supported.

i think the point about gamma feeling like he just kind of... decided that two certain people can't be scum together (in this case fey and cakez) without really doing the work to see if that holds up rings true for me. especially bc i had brought up how i felt a similar way about gamma saying that meuh+Dunn couldn't be paired, in , which he didn't respond to btw. I kinda feel like gamma's effort is being spent where it is needed in order to convince, rather than in order to solve. which in turn kind of makes me hesitate and question if i should have been convinced so easily by his case on dunn. im not really sure that it makes gamma scum. but it does make me a little less enthused to follow him onto dunn

so yea, idk, after taking a step back a bit (and reflecting, haha) i kinda am less excited about a dunn lim

and while sheeping conftown onto cakez honestly just sounds lovely, and im feeling the last day of school, ready to relax for the summer, don't do work just float along kinda vibes... im not really sold on cakez either and wouldn't really be able to forgive myself if i compromised on cakez and he flipped town and i didn't fight for a lim on someone that i do actually scumread

someone that ive been rereading a lot of, debating about with kovu in the hood, etc, which is meuh

this post got way longer than i planned bc as i looked further into the things i found to be scummy, i kept finding more, so ima split it into two
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

so meuh.

sometimes her posts feel genuine and i want to townread her, but i think there's just a few things that i really have trouble getting over and i keep coming back to them. these are the biggest things for me:

1) the start of d2 push on gorilla. its already been pointed out how strange it was, saying that gorilla looks paired with marci and then voting gorilla. but with marci flipping scum i think it might just straight up be tmi. newer scum have that issue a lot i think, where they look for fake associatives with their scum partners in order to tie them together but do it before the partner even flips. the reasoning in for why she's going after gorilla instead of marci is p weak and her whole response to the pushback on it kind of feels like she realizes she messed up and is going into damage control mode.

2) her progression on marci. and feel blatantly partner-y to me. kind of awkwardly talking around a read, and saying "eh ill have a better read later". for people who to my understanding are friends and have played together a lot, it doesn't feel like a natural interaction at all. she starts off with more of a scumlean, but spends the whole day voting other wagons, quickly finds a weak reason to TR marci in , gradually townreads more and more, and then in says the marci lim is bad and votes the counterwagon.

then early d2 she quickly shades baltar for questioning Marci in , says marci is +town for LLD's death in and , and then in her readlist in has a much more noncommittal, questioning read of marci. i think this has significant scum motivation bc if someone isn't looking closely, they'll think she just kinda nullreads Marci and is willing to consider her scum, but her action that she is taking in the thread is all counter to that. she is continually pointing out reasons Marci could be town, and not reasons why she could be scum, as if she is arguing against what she already knows to be true.

she then turns hard onto marci in posts like . here she is acting like she is suddenly now convinced marci is scum and and is pulling out every reason she can find. but the thing that makes this feel like it's just planted for cred is that there's zero followup. she pivots this into the gorilla/marci s/s and stays on gorilla. then she hops around other wagons, never voting marci, until finally at the end when it's hard to avoid. the thing that makes this scum is that it isn't accurately recreating a town mindset. if she truly did suddenly find marci as scum and had all of these good reasons, to the point where she's preflipping her onto gorilla, why doesn't she ever contribute to the pressure there? why is she continually pushing other wagons? why does the read on marci seem to come and go in her mind based on whatever is convenient to push at the time? it's just not town

3) still think her play around lavar was just a straight up pocket attempt. i don't really see any way that interaction was pure. i don't think this will be very convincing to anyone else but it seriously stands out to me and it is something that i can't really get over personally

so uh yea i think i want to go back here

VOTE: Meuh
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Kovu »

In fire I trust
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:18 am

Post by gorilla »

I had thought her posting today was absurdly scummy but had basically abandoned all hope of anyone caring to hear it.

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Val89 »

Yeah, this is one I would be prepared to compromise on as well. Point 1 is fairly convincing.

Just remember SirCakez is off the table as fair as a check goes, and a scum!cakez can fuck with whom I am able to check going forward.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

if cakez adds anyone other than RR i think its a scumclaim tbh
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Val89 »

I do too, but can you imagine the WIFOM we will be engaged with tomorrow if he adds Gorilla or something like that; and then claims, perhaps legitimately, doing so with the agreement of Kovu?

I guess Bell being in that hood tempers that somewhat, but the fact of the matter remains I can't provide an answer on SirCakez in the same way I can will almost anyone else being (seriously) floated as scum today, and a flip is the only way that slot gets resolved before endgame.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Meuh »

Will respond later I have an exam rn
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

How many times do I have to say that Dunn is playing like his scum meta
I feel like I've said it so many times and yet people keep going "gawsh I have no idea why Cakez is scumreading Dunn"
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

And that's why I said if he wants something to respond to say how this is not exactly like what I expect him to do as scum here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”