Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 1.02

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-12 12:00:00).

yeet
marcistar[4]:
Ausuka, scamper, Datisi, Bellaphant
Shoshin[2]:
Roden, Save The Dragons
Crescent[1]:
Shoshin
Scamper[1]:
Gamma Emerald

Not Voting[5]:
InsidiousLemons, Alexcellent, Crescent, JohnnyFarrar, marcistar

mod noteLet me know if there are errors in the vote count

FlavorImage
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 149, Datisi wrote:suspicious of roden because the early townread of shoshin for "solving behind the scenes" seems (1) kinda awkwardly explained, (2) seems like tmi? like, i'm a bit skeptical that he saw two basically naked votes and decided there's some townie solving happening there
Sometimes people say a lot when they say nothing. Shoshin was voting in response to things happening in the game, just because they didn't explain their thought process yet doesn't mean you can't see the gears turning. I town read them exactly because you can tell Shoshin was trying to solve without having to make a show of it.

I think if scum wants to fake a trajectory, they want to make it clear what they're trying to lead to with their reads. Blank votes seem counter-intuitive to that, so unless it's within a player's meta, I think scum tends to avoid doing that.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Cool, crescent, Alex and datisi are town. I much prefer Marci's recent posting too. I feel like a scum read on shoshin is a little bit lhf.

@roden, how can you tell it's that, and not the 'throwing poop' that crescent mentioned?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 144, Alexcellent wrote:So no reason for me NOT to believe Ausuka at this point, but I don't think it's impossible that scum makes that claim.
In post 39, scamper wrote:i dont really think scum claims ascetic miller on page 1, i think if ascetic they just claim ascetic without the miller part, cuz the extra detail is unnecessary to invent. simplest explanation is aus got given an actual weird neg util role and claimed it

ill leave this here for now

VOTE: marci
Hmm we get into WIFOM territory here though. Why would scum say ascetic miller and not just ascetic? Maybe so we can have this conversation. Good lies involve detail and ascetic miller is a way to say "omg guys look at this dumb role I've got, why is this a thing?" Rather than blindly going "I'm ascetic," and everyone has to decide if they believe it or not. Also the conversation is muddied a bit more because we're no longer just going "idk if I believe Ausuka", now we're going "why would this role exist?"
But yeah, I'm just thinking out loud. This early in the game I'm happy to lean more towards accepting that there's an ascetic miller.
In post 145, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 91, Shoshin wrote:To elaborate, very unlikely that scum Marci calls town Ausuka's role fake. Equally unlikely that scumteam Ausuka/Marci planned this bit of drama to start the game off (besides the obvious pro-town effect of their play getting us out of RVS, it just seems too much to pull off this quickly with no real scum logic behind the play).
I feel like at least one scum would maybe want to throw shade at that claim? Idk, if I'm scum I'd want to create doubt over town!ausuka's claim

Do agree that it likely isn't staged S/S though.
So what's your read on me and marcistar?

@bella and gamma, why is this town
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 132, Alexcellent wrote: Cres and Marci are scum together, got it
This reaction in particular town pinged me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Datisi »

ausuka, do you scumread alex?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

@Ausuka, tbh I'm leaning towards you both probably being town at the moment
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 156, Datisi wrote:ausuka, do you scumread alex?
I think they might still be catching up so I'm going to leave it for a bit until I commit to a push but I don't like their posting so far at all.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 94, Roden wrote:
In post 86, Shoshin wrote:Working theory: Roden/Datisi/Crescent scumteam.
The reason I think you're town is because I saw this trajectory without you even saying anything lol
so how did you see this coming? it's not obvious to me from shoshin's iso up until that point at all
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 152, Bellaphant wrote:Cool, crescent, Alex and datisi are town. I much prefer Marci's recent posting too. I feel like a scum read on shoshin is a little bit lhf.

@roden, how can you tell it's that, and not the 'throwing poop' that crescent mentioned?
In post 146, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 60, Bellaphant wrote:Because I agree? I don't get town from marci at all, especially the 'i haven't voted thing', which is weird in itself.

I have high hopes of being able to read Roden too.
What do you mean about the 'i haven't voted thing'?
Can I circle back to this Bellaphant? I don't quite understand it.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 158, Ausuka wrote:
In post 156, Datisi wrote:ausuka, do you scumread alex?
I think they might still be catching up so I'm going to leave it for a bit until I commit to a push but I don't like their posting so far at all.
I'm pretty well caught up, push away
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 152, Bellaphant wrote:Cool, crescent, Alex and datisi are town. I much prefer Marci's recent posting too. I feel like a scum read on shoshin is a little bit lhf.

Also why is Crescent town?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 155, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Tbf that was mostly a joke reaction, I don't know if that may change your read of me
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 132, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 27, marcistar wrote:idk if theres 2 or 3 scum,

prob 3 but lets find them on day 3 so that asusuka and roden feel like they have a chance..
Not quite sure why but I dislke this. Why would there only be 2 scum in a 13p game?
This is the first thing I dislike because it feels like artificial uncertainty. Like, Alex knows exactly why they don't like this post, and they make it very clear.
In post 136, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 100, Crescent wrote:
In post 88, marcistar wrote:why do u immediately jump to shitposting? LOL what if shoshins serious..
Yes, let's seriously come up with a scumteam based solely on a single point of interaction 80 posts into the game. That sure sounds serious~

I am very weary of shitposters right now for reasons I can't get into.
This sounds very defensive but also think I understand why
This post just seems like content for the sake of content. It's not a terribly scummy post in isolation but it adds to my feeling that they are more trying to look uncertain than actually find the mafia.
In post 144, Alexcellent wrote:So no reason for me NOT to believe Ausuka at this point, but I don't think it's impossible that scum makes that claim.
In post 39, scamper wrote:i dont really think scum claims ascetic miller on page 1, i think if ascetic they just claim ascetic without the miller part, cuz the extra detail is unnecessary to invent. simplest explanation is aus got given an actual weird neg util role and claimed it

Hmm we get into WIFOM territory here though. Why would scum say ascetic miller and not just ascetic? Maybe so we can have this conversation. Good lies involve detail and ascetic miller is a way to say "omg guys look at this dumb role I've got, why is this a thing?" Rather than blindly going "I'm ascetic," and everyone has to decide if they believe it or not. Also the conversation is muddied a bit more because we're no longer just going "idk if I believe Ausuka", now we're going "why would this role exist?"
But yeah, I'm just thinking out loud. This early in the game I'm happy to lean more towards accepting that there's an ascetic miller.
This is also fluffy and doesn't really say anything. It's role speculation which is easy for scum to create. It's basically just a lot of words for 'Ausuka's claim could come from either alignment'

Basically I just feel like Alex's posting is fluffy and lacks a scumhunting mindset.

I'm not going to vote yet though because a wagon on Marci already exists and I like it :good:
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Datisi »

ausuka town on content

i may or may not be pocketed by the marci read
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 163, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 155, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Tbf that was mostly a joke reaction, I don't know if that may change your read of me
No I got that, which is actually why it townpinged
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'm alive, catching up on two games now. Will also be in and out for the next hour or so if anybody wants to chat
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 167, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'm alive, catching up on two games now. Will also be in and out for the next hour or so if anybody wants to chat
who is your strongest townread and why is it datisi
~M
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'm reading another game rn but you're def top spot rn
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@alex, I felt it was oddly defensive, she said 'peiple are saying I've votes X but actually, gotcha, I haven't voted anyone!' it felt toned very oddly.

Crescent and you give me the same vibes really, relaxed, sharing ideas, also a little bit flexible which I think is fine for day one town. I could point to some actual posts if vibes isn't good enough ;)
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 164, Ausuka wrote:
In post 132, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 27, marcistar wrote:idk if theres 2 or 3 scum,

prob 3 but lets find them on day 3 so that asusuka and roden feel like they have a chance..
Not quite sure why but I dislke this. Why would there only be 2 scum in a 13p game?
This is the first thing I dislike because it feels like artificial uncertainty. Like, Alex knows exactly why they don't like this post, and they make it very clear.
Does this mean that you think that I'm scum with Marci? Or that I'm scum and shading town!Marci? (I think the answer is obvious but I kind of want to hear it all the same)
In post 136, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 100, Crescent wrote:
In post 88, marcistar wrote:why do u immediately jump to shitposting? LOL what if shoshins serious..
Yes, let's seriously come up with a scumteam based solely on a single point of interaction 80 posts into the game. That sure sounds serious~

I am very weary of shitposters right now for reasons I can't get into.
This sounds very defensive but also think I understand why
This post just seems like content for the sake of content. It's not a terribly scummy post in isolation but it adds to my feeling that they are more trying to look uncertain than actually find the mafia.
Eh, no real uncertainty there but I don't really want to talk on this further at the moment.

This is also fluffy and doesn't really say anything. It's role speculation which is easy for scum to create. It's basically just a lot of words for 'Ausuka's claim could come from either alignment'

Basically I just feel like Alex's posting is fluffy and lacks a scumhunting mindset.

I'm not going to vote yet though because a wagon on Marci already exists and I like it :good:
I'm not going to ignore your claim though. If someone claims a PR (especially something whack like ascetic miller) on page 1 I'm going to speculate and discuss it, and I'd find it kind of weird if people avoid it. You could well be scum making a play, but as I said I'm leaning towards the claim probably being legit. But also having said that, I also made it clear that you could be scum so I get your suspicion? And it makes me feel a bit better about you as town.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 170, Bellaphant wrote:@alex, I felt it was oddly defensive, she said 'peiple are saying I've votes X but actually, gotcha, I haven't voted anyone!' it felt toned very oddly.

Crescent and you give me the same vibes really, relaxed, sharing ideas, also a little bit flexible which I think is fine for day one town. I could point to some actual posts if vibes isn't good enough ;)
Ah okay fair enough. I didn't quite read that post like that but maybe just reading it differently.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 128, Ausuka wrote:Anyway

I like scamper, Roden and Bella the most so far because they give me Good Vibes

Logically shoshin's progression should probably be suspicious to me. She feels more like chaotic town on a vibes level though.
Can you elaborate on these good vibes? More specifically with Bella, because when you posted this she had very little content outside of a vague-ish Marci scum read
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 171, Alexcellent wrote:Does this mean that you think that I'm scum with Marci? Or that I'm scum and shading town!Marci? (I think the answer is obvious but I kind of want to hear it all the same)
It doesn't mean either - I just think it's scummy of you to do. I could see scum pushing town like that or pushing their partner like that. I'm not going to do associative reads this early.

I don't expect you to ignore the claim entirely, but your post is very overexplainy considering the conclusion is basically just that the ascetic miller claim could be real or fake.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”