Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 689, Datisi wrote:no coherent thought process

just blatant mindless arguing like she did in micro 1056 that ended this morning

work so i gotta go for now but vote marci k thx
ngl I do kinda see it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 683, marcistar wrote:
In post 681, Roden wrote:Marci, don't take this the wrong way but do you actually believe in the argument you're making here?
omg why r u calling me an idiot :sob::sob:
If one thing I just read concerning Marci sticks out to me, it's this.

This question and this reply. It's hard to see the actual thought process behind pushing Datisi - It's just kinda happening. The reply to this question feels fake as all hell.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:32 am

Post by marcistar »

brain go brr but game go grr :pensive:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

on vla until Monday, sorry @mod

I'm in rural Europe and don't have the internet to keep up
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 1.07

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-12 12:00:00).

yeet
Alexcellent[3]:
Ausuka, Roden, JohnnyFarrar
Datisi[2]:
Marcistar, Scamper
Freedom[1]:
Save the Dragons
Marcistar[1]:
Datisi

Not Voting[6]:
Corwinoid, Crescent, Bellaphant, Alexcellent, Gamma Emerald, Freedom,

mod note
Bellaphant is VLA until Monday

FlavorImage
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Crescent »

I didn't notice there were 3 votes on Alex, but I'm also ok with them. Something has felt off about him. It feels even worse after the trend I notice in his ISO.
In post 644, Alexcellent wrote:Probably leaning towards Corwin or Johnny today
This posts reeks of "aim for the low-hanging fruit".

He never makes an argument against either, but what's in his ISO concerning Corwin is glaring. He highlights Corwin three separate times.

In post 347, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 341, Shoshin wrote:Current reads, from towny to scummy:

Ausuka
Roden
Scamper
Crescent
Marci
Bella
Alex
Datisi
Johnny
STD
Corwinoid
Gamma

Low confidence on all reads.
Can I ask what puts Corwin second from the bottom?
He's got two posts and in one of them he admits to being town, what gives? (actually though his placement on your list is interesting to me)
In post 364, Alexcellent wrote:@Shoshin, what do you think of Corwin?
In post 417, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 413, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking, Alex. Crescent's probably town despite posting like scum.

I understand why you're voting Bella, but I'm not interested in that lynch today.

I'd appreciate if you join me in sorting through Gamma/Datisi/Corwin/STD. We should lynch in this group today.

Sure, i asked before but don't think you answered. Curious about your read on Corwin given his lack of posts. Is it something to do with the hood?
His only 3 attempts to go after Corwin were aimed at drawing Shoshin towards him.

I don't feel good about Corwin so far, but this reads to me as scum Alex trying to get town Shoshin to notice town Corwin. There's no actual feeling of "solving" from anything he has done in regards to him.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:48 am

Post by scamper »

In post 641, Datisi wrote:
In post 556, scamper wrote:
In post 473, Datisi wrote:i wanna soul-townread crescent for pointing out how anti-town shoshin's play is, because this rng roulette of constant naked "reads" is doing wonders for killing my motivation for this game. the fact that crescent noticed it too is probably? +town.
ok i wanna point out this looks like its openly pocketing crescent and trying to take advantage of her to push on shoshin, it just feels completely icky

and i think his reaction to shoshin's comment was kind of a low-key scumclaim

so with that i wanna

VOTE: Datisi
this post feels kind of ironic, considering that i never voted shoshin, and i literally said i do not think she is scum, so...

i'm open to hearing how my comment there was a "scumclaim", but this post feels like trying to take advantage of the existing datisi push :>

(this caught my eye, i'll try to catch up properly before my shift today)
how am i "trying to take advantage of the existing datisi push" when the primary person doing it is...marcistar, who you think is scum? (and shoshin, but she is no longer a player in this game). i cant be scum taking advantage of other scum...

and at that moment in time, it felt like u were buddying up to try that...your first reaction looked like you were outraged she was trying to clear herself in a dirty manner, and then later you pointed out that shes done it before as scum so it shouldnt be read into...the whole thing felt a little 'angry a potential mislim is slipping away to me'...even though you said you dont think shoshin is scum, that only happened after crescent made it claer she had no interest in pushing shoshin anymore...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:50 am

Post by scamper »

In post 614, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 387, scamper wrote:relatedly: i dont really like corwinoids entrance at all...
Ooh, why not? Is it cause it's plsin white bread w/ no butter? Cuz that's what it makes me think of
its cuz for having multiple pages of content, there were no real takes, nothing useful at all, and i find it hard to believe anyone reading the game up to that point could have absolutely *no* opinion on anything that had happened up to that point...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:52 am

Post by scamper »

i actually dont *hate* jfs catchup now that hes posting actual content which means im probably townreading too many people
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Crescent »

To be fair the only reason I lost interest in it was because of a blatant violation of the rules and I don't want that to be part of the discussion now. It has no place in the game.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:02 am

Post by scamper »

In post 613, Ausuka wrote:
In post 542, scamper wrote:
In post 317, Ausuka wrote:
In post 289, scamper wrote:hood reveal is interesting, i dont have a problem with std outing it since theres probably scum in a 4 person hood but i kind of wish he'd waited a bit longer so that we could have reads from people on the players in the hood + lemons could have posted

cuz right now my immediate thought is the lemons slot is probably scum but we learn basically nothing from it now if thats true
I really do think the setup could have a four player town hood just to fuck with the players

Like I'm not saying that's what's happening but I think it's not good to let the hood shape reads too much in a troll setup
i dont think having some slightly unusual roles is an indicator of a "troll setup". even if we assume its randomized alignments its more likely than not theres scum in the hood, and i think "oh it's a troll setup so the hood is all town" is a weird logical leap and not good thinking, b/c if it were that obvious the game just solves itself on day 1
I mean it's not a logical leap, did you read my second paragraph? I'm saying making conclusions about the amount of scum in the hood feels silly to me because anything is possible in a setup with Ascetic Millers lmao
sorry, my bad on misunderstanding what you meant there. i still dont like the idea of just going "setup is a troll so all basic assumptions about balance go out the window"
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:28 am

Post by scamper »

In post 615, Ausuka wrote:
In post 539, Roden wrote:
In post 420, Datisi wrote:@shoshin, we don't use the l-word on this site anymore, and i haven't gotten to this game yet. i don't lurk to "avoid posting content" or whatever else because i am more than good enough at scum to know what to post.
This is one if the reasons I town read Datisi. Not because of the self-meta here but because I've seen scum!Datisi a couple times now and this isn't it. If you don't have much of an opinion on him then he's very likely town; he's generally high activity as scum and working hard to make people want to keep him around and empathize with him.
I mean I don't disagree that Datisi is capable of being much townier than this as scum but I also think he's capable of doing more as town? And probably just hasn't gotten into the game regardless of alignment.
In post 548, scamper wrote: - i think alex reading into crescent acting in defense of bella in 412 is towny, that kind of trying to draw out unseen connections comes more often from a townie mindset of trying to fit puzzle pieces together
I mean maybe I'm biased/tunneled at this point but don't you think it kind of sounds like a BS read? There was no indication at all that Crescent was worried about Bella being eliminated by calling out Alex's post as overly hedgy and it kind of just didn't feel like a genuine thought. Idk
eh not really, i see plenty of times where townies pull out these crazy sounding reads because they get too deep in their own worldbuilding and start imagining things that arent there. i think "i am scumreading this person and now someone else is attacking me for my read of them, i wonder if they are teamed" is a thought that easily crosses most peoples minds even if its rarely accurate. it struck me as kind of an outlandish thought but not really an implausible one at all, if that makes sense.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:47 am

Post by scamper »

In post 619, Ausuka wrote:
In post 559, scamper wrote:
In post 485, Ausuka wrote:Ok whatever I'll just let the mod deal with the borderline trust tell thing.

Bella posting about her role PM is uh not the play I would have made there but probably +town.
i honestly dont read anything into it
In post 495, Ausuka wrote:Gamma is probably a wolf :(
explain, bcuz i dont agree...
Scum are less likely to want to soft on day 1 because it restricts their options later - for example if this is a high power setup scum probably want to be claiming VT - and she comes across as genuine to me.

Gamma is probably a wolf because I've never understood why people were townreading him and tbh I think his push on Shoshin was terrible. I really didn't like the post saying Crescent and Shoshin both looked bad, since I got the opposite vibes and since iirc both were under suspicion at the time it would be an extremely convenient position for scum to take, encouraging a TvT fuelled by a massive playstyle difference while being able to pivot into pushing either if one of them townspewed.

Also his posts just kind of feel wolfy imo but I know that's not super convincing.
well heres my thouhts on her:

- reaction to my early townread on her felt townie in terms of how she reacted to it, not just doubting it but questioning my reasoning for it. shows an interest in interrogating thought process rather than simly reacting to the read (relatedly: this is sort of what i dislike about how datisi responded to bella TRing him)

- while i agree that going "there's probably scum btwn cres/shos" was not great, i think the way she explained why she thought that was plausible and the way she approached handling the argument felt like it was a *real read*, there was a little bit questioning toward them but she didnt actually jump in to push either of them until shoshin went after her in a way she thought was scummy

- she doesnt really feel wolfy to me at all, she just kind of feels like shes been freeflowing with her thoughts and all over the place talking about whatever catches her eye
In post 624, Ausuka wrote:I don't think this is especially likely to be scum Freedom doing a fake read I just continue to be baffled by townreads on STD I guess
eh idk, i might be giving too much credit just for claiming the hood but i still think corwinoid is significantly worse than him...
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 706, scamper wrote:how am i "trying to take advantage of the existing datisi push" when the primary person doing it is...marcistar, who you think is scum? (and shoshin, but she is no longer a player in this game). i cant be scum taking advantage of other scum...

and at that moment in time, it felt like u were buddying up to try that...your first reaction looked like you were outraged she was trying to clear herself in a dirty manner, and then later you pointed out that shes done it before as scum so it shouldnt be read into...the whole thing felt a little 'angry a potential mislim is slipping away to me'...even though you said you dont think shoshin is scum, that only happened after crescent made it claer she had no interest in pushing shoshin anymore...
i don't solve for teams on day 1. i don't think it's likely you two are scum together. if she's town, then your push on me feels much worse.

shoshin is gone sure, but that looked like you were trying to get some momentum going there before her replacement got in and did who knows what.

yeah, i was extremely mad she was trying to imply whatever it was that she was trying to imply. i knew it doesn't make her town. you know why i was mad? because i find that type of play disgusting and i think it ruins games.

you can say "well you only said shoshin is town after---" but at that point it's making the facts fit your narrative, not the other way around. if i had wanted to push shoshin for her play, i would have. i'd have voted her immediately. it'd have been obvious i think she's scum. i didn't think so.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:03 am

Post by scamper »

In post 629, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 581, scamper wrote:anyway i caught up and heres where im at rn:

Datisi - scum
Bellaphant - scumlean?
Ausuka - town
Crescent - town?
Alexcellent - townlean
JohnnyFarrar - scumlean
Corwinoid - scumlean
Save The Dragons - nulltown
scamper - radiant lodestar of towniness
Roden - townlean
Freedom - town
marcistar - null
Gamma Emerald - town
Hard disagree on Alex and Bella, tho I don't really have any questions.

Where does the Roden and Gamma reads come from?
i just explained the gamma read but roden is a gut read atp, seems comfortable in the thread and has decent solvey posts
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:15 am

Post by scamper »

In post 713, Datisi wrote:
In post 706, scamper wrote:how am i "trying to take advantage of the existing datisi push" when the primary person doing it is...marcistar, who you think is scum? (and shoshin, but she is no longer a player in this game). i cant be scum taking advantage of other scum...

i don't solve for teams on day 1. i don't think it's likely you two are scum together. if she's town, then your push on me feels much worse.

shoshin is gone sure, but that looked like you were trying to get some momentum going there before her replacement got in and did who knows what.

yeah, i was extremely mad she was trying to imply whatever it was that she was trying to imply. i knew it doesn't make her town. you know why i was mad? because i find that type of play disgusting and i think it ruins games.

you can say "well you only said shoshin is town after---" but at that point it's making the facts fit your narrative, not the other way around. if i had wanted to push shoshin for her play, i would have. i'd have voted her immediately. it'd have been obvious i think she's scum. i didn't think so.
ok you can say youre not solving for a team, but i still expect some level of consistency and right now it feels like you just want to call everyone who suspects you sum regardless of whether it actually makes sense to think that

how could i *possibly* get momentum going when my posts were made *after* the replacement came in? shoshn was already gone, the push died with her, it was already apparent that most people werent convinced by what shoshin was arguing so i have no idea what "momentum" you ere perceiving

i probably shouldnt be getting too into those posts, i agree they were gross but i still think its more likely scum would have a kneejerk hate response to it. thats going to be the last i say about it.

i mean if anything it feels like youre trying to build a narrative here around me voting you by saying stuff like how i was trying to take advantage of some nonexistent momentum against you, i still think the way you spoke to crescent was icky regardless of whatever you say your intentions toward shoshin were or weren't
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 am

Post by scamper »

In post 646, Datisi wrote:
In post 554, scamper wrote:my problem is these are posts from the first 3 pages of the game and since then hes done not much at all, and while you could probably say that about half the players in the game i dont particularly find it towny...
this post is sidestepping what alex is calling me town for, and going "well datisi has also not done anything since then. yes i know a lot of people haven't either. but it's not townie for datisi!!!" the post seems like it is supposed to address why alex's reasons for thinking i'm town aren't valid, but the only thing this actually says is "it was a while ago", which i'm sure alex is aware of

i commented on already but it is a lol post

oh, i just had a thought and if that thought was correct, then i think scamper's scumpoints go up tenfold

i do wanna have a chat with you when you're here, though
i mean teh thing is it was a handful of rvs-ish posts which fine but not super-townie imo, and since then i hadnt much liked anything youd posted at all...

as for the rest: hi!
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:37 am

Post by scamper »

In post 667, Datisi wrote:
In post 404, marcistar wrote:i think ur not trying to solve
it just feels like ur playing a game of follow the leader where asukas the leader.
here is where you're making out to be ai lmfao

marcistar is obvious scum and i don't know why it is so difficult for others to see
i dont get why the quoted post makes her "obvious scum"...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:42 am

Post by scamper »

In post 681, Roden wrote:Marci, don't take this the wrong way but do you actually believe in the argument you're making here?
what was the point of this question supposed to be, exactly
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:48 am

Post by scamper »

In post 689, Datisi wrote:no coherent thought process

just blatant mindless arguing like she did in micro 1056 that ended this morning

work so i gotta go for now but vote marci k thx
im reading the game now and i kind of get what youre saying but i actually feel like she had more analysis (or faked analysis, w/e), in her posts there than here and now i dont know what to think...
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 648, Freedom wrote:Datisi, if I'm interpreting correctly, you think that STD's inactivity is NAI and that Corniwoid's attacks on it is bad?
In post 600, Corwinoid wrote:I didn't mean it as an attack, I meant it as pointing out my own viewpoint is tainted by it
My point was that *I* think it's NAI, even if it feels awkward to go "I want to see what happens, oh yeah, VLA".
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 705, Crescent wrote:He never makes an argument against either, but what's in his ISO concerning Corwin is glaring. He highlights Corwin three separate times.
I mean, TBF I've been low activity so far since I replaced and on the defensive since the VLA comment. I don't think Alex is entirely out of line here. OTOH my D1 play seems to be consistently crap so I'm kind of getting use to it at this point.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Crescent »

You kinda missed the actually relevant part of that post.

All 3 times he highlights you are to try to feed you to Shoshin. It reads as "Hey come on look at this guy *nudge nudge*".
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 722, Crescent wrote:You kinda missed the actually relevant part of that post.

All 3 times he highlights you are to try to feed you to Shoshin. It reads as "Hey come on look at this guy *nudge nudge*".
Maybe. People here tend to do the goopy buddying thing at least as much from town as scum so I'm still out on how to read that generally. I see it, but I'm not sure it's AI.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Corwinoid »

EBWOP: Or rather, I'm not sure it's scum indicative.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”