Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1896, Crescent wrote:Bella pressure might end up being a good thing to try to force her to engage the game, kinda like the Johnny pressure was.. Trying to do. I don't feel great about it, but I also don't think a claim a necessary. JF did not claim at -2.

Speaking of past Gamma games a moment, Gamma is already way above their 2272 post count (a game in which they were town). The level of engagement/aggression in general here is markedly higher than it was that game. It's possible Gamma is a mood influenced player like I am and that's why it seems like STD and Scamper are conflicting. I'm already in bed but I'll take a look at that ISO tomorrow.

I gave a personal argument on Alex, which he ignored when he voted Datisi for vote hopping, which, to be fair, was a legit criticism. I'm not sure what Datisi's argument on Alex is.

But it is interesting that Alex did not address it at all.
If you compare this game to the last game you played with me it probably would appear different, but two different games with different people and different reads. A lot of my town games involve a pretty less than stellar D1. I probably also stood out more in the last game given the amount of anti-town/non-contributing players we had. I have not been engaging with you much because I feel that a lot of your pushes on me have seen you misrep me a lot. I believe that you are tunnelling me and the more I interact with you, the more likely you are to continue tunnelling and misrepping me.

As I said before, if you've got questions for me I'll answer them, but I feel like you're looking for reasons to call me scum rather than actually trying to discern my alignment at this point.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:22 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

I dislike all of Johnny's latest posts, especially the one asking for a claim from Bella.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

So here's where I'm at atm.

On one hand I think Bella has reasonable odds of flipping red. I've glanced through some other town games of hers and she seems to contribute significantly more than this. The fact we're this far in and she's only made one vote the entire game and that was super early really doesn't feel pro-town at all. I do understand she went VLA for a while on D1 but still. Maybe I need to find one of her scum games.

On the other hand, I strongly dislike both Datisi's presence on her wagon and Johnny now claiming intent to join -- and asking for a claim while she's still E-2. Don't really get that.
I was kinda going to excuse Datisi's voting if he stopped on me or whatever because at least he could say he's voting within his scum pool, but the fact he's been openly townreading Bella but is now voting there feels so hard to justify as town. Like he had such a snarky "oh look Bella's town" reaction to when she softclaimed that it made it seem like he had a genuinely strong townread. Now he wants to run her up to a claim. The only thing that's making me second guess there is that I think scum are a little more careful than this in general. But idk, seems like such a blatantly scummy vote. But I guess that depends on what Bella flips.

With StD retracting his result on Johnny I'm kind of inclined to vote back there, particularly because there's still just... no scumhunting or anything there at all and his sudden interest in a Bella wagon smells bad y'know?

So idk, if Bella's red I think that prob clears Datisi and makes Johnny look better.
Would like to see more from Freedom as well but I still think that slot is town.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Sorry, 2 votes* not 1 vote
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Was gonna type 'u smell bad' but I thought that was too mean. I'm sure you smell just fine
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Freedom »

I still want to hear more from marci regarding the Johnny TR because I'm not sure what he could've done other than STD's 'clear' that would make him blatantly Town.
But then, I might be misinterpreting marci.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1904, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Was gonna type 'u smell bad' but I thought that was too mean. I'm sure you smell just fine
I smell like Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein. "U smell bad" would have gotten you points for the truth.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1887, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1764, Crescent wrote:I have a pretty solid towncore right now
Honestly really feeling this. Std, Freedom, Crez, Scamper and Ausuka win this game for us 100% it's why this game has been on the back burner.
Is it too shallow to see this as a townpost
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I am confused by the STD role situation and given that he is outed as a PR anyway I don't understand why he's being like, so secretive about it.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I know his role is probably complicated and confusing to him too given this game but we also have datisi in this game who is literally a NRG member so outing it will only help with that. Idk

On a semi related note I hope Pooky isn't mad that they set up the whole interaction with the traitor and traffic analyst and the neighborhood and both roles died in the first phase
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:23 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1867, Alexcellent wrote:Datisi has voted 5 different people today and his vote tends to move as soon as momentum for his current wagon dies down.
yes. i want things to happen. wagon on a person generally forces them to do things. if there's not a wagon building on them, i can help build another one. it's not rocket surgery.

i think the only two things that need to be said in response to alex's "case" is
- he's looking at a thing i am doing, and attaching a scum!motivation to it without considering what a town!motivation for it could be.
- i'm not townreading bella strongly enough anymore to be against the wagon on her. the weird softclaim was townie in the moment, but looking back it's nowhere near as it felt.

also, the idea that scum!me would be "just looking to kill someone" is lel but alex doesn't know me so this is excusable.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1909, Ausuka wrote:I know his role is probably complicated and confusing to him too given this game but we also have datisi in this game who is literally a NRG member so outing it will only help with that. Idk
i am also someone who loves making up complex normal setups and setting up weird role interactions, so. and even if you're worried i'm scum, role mechanics isn't something i can lie about due to everything being written out on the wiki.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1911, Datisi wrote:i am also someone who loves making up complex normal setups and setting up weird role interactions
I can confirm this
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1870, Save The Dragons wrote:yeah it still could be johnny. i'm just really dumb
not to be rolefishing or anything, but can you just out what you are at this point? i still suspect johnny, the recent posts give me zero (0) faith in him being town, and the weird mech-clear-but-not-really is derailing that
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Datisi »

my first instinct is to call alex scum for making a case that's building on an objectively true event, and then twisting it into a scum-motivated thing without looking for town motivation.

unfortunately, i've had it before where a townie made a "wow datisi jumping votes datisi scum???" case on me, so rip.

i'm not sure comes from an alex/bella team, though, which is kind of sad because that was my working theory when voting bella. (inb4 you ask, yes i was still suspecting johnny at the time, yes my mind works in mysterious ways, shut up)
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I wouldn't go so far as to say 1902 can't come from Alex/Bella but it is probably negative partner likelihood because it argues against Bella/datisi which seems like a good line for scum Alex to push in that situation
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by Datisi »

yeah, that's what i'm thinking about

especially since my progression on bella could very easily be argued to be a bus
~M
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1910, Datisi wrote:
In post 1867, Alexcellent wrote:Datisi has voted 5 different people today and his vote tends to move as soon as momentum for his current wagon dies down.
yes. i want things to happen. wagon on a person generally forces them to do things. if there's not a wagon building on them, i can help build another one. it's not rocket surgery.

i think the only two things that need to be said in response to alex's "case" is
- he's looking at a thing i am doing, and attaching a scum!motivation to it without considering what a town!motivation for it could be.
- i'm not townreading bella strongly enough anymore to be against the wagon on her. the weird softclaim was townie in the moment, but looking back it's nowhere near as it felt.

also, the idea that scum!me would be "just looking to kill someone" is lel but alex doesn't know me so this is excusable.
Yeah dude if I see someone hop around from wagon to wagon and finally pile onto one of their own town reads it's kind of hard to see town motivation in that? This is made worse more so by the fact we know this player has already implied not being vanilla so your pressure can (and by the looks of it, probs will) result in outing a PR, whether it's genuine or not. Maybe Bella's scum and this is all moot, but your mindset there doesn't click with mine if you're town. I've been saying she could be scum for a long time but even I'm hesitant to vote there in case I'm wrong and she's actually a town PR. I feel like your vote there, if not scummy, is at least not exactly coming from a pro-town mindset.
Like I like to get vote happy and join wagons for the sake of pressure too, but I don't actually do it to someone I've been calling town for most of the game unless there's something jarring that makes me change my read.
I acknowledge that you claim to not feel as confident about her as town any more, but it looks and feels off to me given how strongly you previously seemed to feel.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:58 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 1908, Ausuka wrote:I am confused by the STD role situation and given that he is outed as a PR anyway I don't understand why he's being like, so secretive about it.
The role that STD claimed is essentially the same as Roden's but with the Traffic Analyst swapped with another role which can confirm his alignment (to a degree).
I do share your concern but he didn't seem to express to much of an interest in our hood to roleclaim.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1917, Alexcellent wrote:I'm hesitant to vote there in case I'm wrong and she's actually a town PR
we already have one power role outed (not counting ausuka)

mafia had a blocking role that is dead, which means they probably don't have super strong roles left so they can't interfere with them

hesitance to vote someone who can be town power is noted, but sometimes relying on mech is going to hinder winning the game rather than help it
~M
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 1918, Freedom wrote:
In post 1908, Ausuka wrote:I am confused by the STD role situation and given that he is outed as a PR anyway I don't understand why he's being like, so secretive about it.
The role that STD claimed is essentially the same as Roden's but with the Traffic Analyst swapped with another role which can confirm his alignment (to a degree).
I do share your concern but he didn't seem to express too much of an interest in our hood to roleclaim.
EBWOP
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

freedom, what do your reads look like right now?
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I mean ok but he's already softed what kind of role he is and I don't see how hiding the information does anything except add to confusion
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1869, Save The Dragons wrote:i think i misread what my role does
In post 1870, Save The Dragons wrote:yeah it still could be johnny. i'm just really dumb
Like if he had just left it at the RB/tracker type soft I would have been fine leaving it there

This has just baffled me
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Although the more I think about it, she is kind of half claimed anyway so maybe her being pushed to claim isn't as big of a deal as I'm making out anyway. And it has irked me that Roden was targeted last night and not Bella? Like end of D1 felt like Bella was reasonably townread by everyone and had already softclaimed something so I assumed she'd be killed. If I'm scum and she's legit I'm shooting her 99% of the time unless I have a roleblocker, but I don't think scum would have one given Corwin was a JK. Unless Roden implied somewhere here or in the hood that he was more than just a neighbour. But yeah, her being alive is suspicious. Along with the Corwin crumbing and the total lack of scumhunting from her, and her wanting to keep Corwin alive D1.

Yeah idk. I'm probably wrong on Datisi. I just woke up to like 3 different votes from him including on one of his town reads and it looked gross af.

UNVOTE: Datisi

Happy to revisit this later though

P-edit: that's a lot of posts

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”