Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:32 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'm in an America's best eyeglasses store catching up, might not post more till later (but it is a long line tho so maybe)
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:34 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2025, Datisi wrote:well fuck me, i sort of believe that claim, just by the speed of it.
I don't know that I like this reaction, almost angry?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Datisi »

it is angry! i don't like when people introduce information that shakes my very nice worldview of the game
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:35 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2027, Datisi wrote:town one shot novice complex vigilante
See all these roles are just gibberish to me. Gonna have to Google all these modifiers later
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2057, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 2055, marcistar wrote:do u know what johnnys claim means

the only word i understood was doctor so i trusted it based on that
I believe he can only protect someone who is vanilla, and voyeur can see what action happened to who he targeted that night. I think. He'll probably have to confirm this.
This is how I understand it
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by marcistar »

someone ask me abt stuff while im.in imense pain and laying in bed and maybe ill be forced to answer due to bordem jdjdjsjjd
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Once I catch up Ima right everyone's name and what I gut read/remember them doing in this game to get my thoughts straight. You should donthe same! I don't trust my POE from yesterday
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Write not right
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by scamper »

catching up:

- i would be scumreading johnny very hard right now based purely on his posts, but it kind of feels like the role makes sense from a setup perspective? idk, this feels hard

- im not, like, whelmed by the VCA reasoning from ausuka in because i feel like early day 1 wagons are pretty random? and its not *super* unlikely that 5 names on a votecount all end up being town. in my experience most mafia are a little bit anxious to join a big wagon early day 1 cuz theyre afraid of looking opportunistic. its maybe noteworthy if marci is scum but i dont feel as though marci is especially likely to be scum rn.
In post 2137, Datisi wrote:new hot take

alex/johnny?
that would still be pretty bizarre given it would mean johnny was doing nothing but bussing on day 1...idk if hes the type of player who cant handle tmi as scum but on an instinctual level i doubt that thats the team

- speaking of alex, ive tried reading alex a few times though, and i just dont see whatever crescent was seeing that make him scum. when i read his posts he looks like hes trying to solve the game.
In post 2145, Datisi wrote:
In post 539, Roden wrote:I've seen scum!Datisi a couple times now and this isn't it. If you don't have much of an opinion on him then he's very likely town; he's generally high activity as scum and working hard to make people want to keep him around and empathize with him.
In post 1820, Save The Dragons wrote:eh maybe he's town i dunno. i think scum datisi would have more wall-y posts
look

do you think i make these kills at night

wake up sheeple
<.<
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2153, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2143, Datisi wrote:volume clear is when you clear someone because they're posting too much for their scumrange

i'd be efforting much more if i were scum here lole

i think my issue here is that nobody instinctually makes sense as scum. like, johnny does, but like he doesn't strike me as a type of scum player to come up with the claim he did come up, yknow. unless he's scum with like, idk, ausuka or something. and i don't wanna think about that
I wanna say you might be breaking meta but I don’t think the person I’m basing my psych profile of this sort of play on (Koba) has ever called out effort level as a reason to TR them as scum
this post feels weird, its like a waffly do nothing type of post. "you might be breaking meta but this would be invalid on a completely different person"? i dont get what the point is supposed to be, and it feels especially weird when gamma follows it up with reads that just dont feel thought through at all
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2189, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2187, Alexcellent wrote:@Gamma, what's your case on Ausuka? And why do you think Johnny's alignment is related to Corwin's flip?
I think Ausuka has been buddying not one but two townies: Bella and Datisi. I realized the Datisi part more recently via checking VCs, and seeing Ausuka and Datisi side-by-side on a LOT of them. Now, in my experience, this is NOT something scum partners regularly execute; instead if one part of this pair is scum the other is just agency captured town.
As for Corwin’s flip impacting Johnny, I heavily doubt scum have both a Doctor and JK on the team. That would make the vigs near-useless. I have a baseline for this from a review of a large normal I designed so I can refer to that if needed. I also think his role has to exist since otherwise some other scum role had to have interfered with STD’s shot.
so your evidence that ausuka is buddying datisi is that...they were voting together? and this makes ausuka scum?

i'm sorry, i just don't find this convincing at all
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by scamper »

otoh im worried that, like, even if johnny is town hes just...going to keep not doing anything and that makes him a liability in ELO
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by scamper »

i also think my read on freedom has grown really stale and i should prob revisit that
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 2196, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2191, Alexcellent wrote:
I don't think Ausuka is scum. Or rather, only way I think Ausuka can be scum is if they're a mafia mailman and lied about the miller part, or it's Ausuka/Freedom. Which, either way, GG? Regardless of what Ausuka's claimed though I feel like their entire play up until now has been crazy pro-town and it's so hard to fake a lot of that content IMO.
How has his play been "crazy pro-town"?
Also I accused Ausuka over Datisi because I had previous thought Ausuka was possibly buddying Bella. So given one charge of buddying or two, I'm gonna suspect the person with 2.
Their ISO is full of what appears to be genuine attempts to solve the game and sort people between town and scum IMO. If that approach dropped off after D1 then I'd say it could have been them trying to figure out the traitor but it is extremely difficult to view Ausuka's play as scummy to me.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 2212, scamper wrote:i also think my read on freedom has grown really stale and i should prob revisit that
I'm very paranoid of Freedom because a lot of my town read there hinges on my feeling that Corwin was likely the only hood scum. I did feel that Shoshin was probably town but like, it's not based on anything remotely solid. Freedom's had very little actual contribution in a pro-town sense.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 2205, marcistar wrote:someone ask me abt stuff while im.in imense pain and laying in bed and maybe ill be forced to answer due to bordem jdjdjsjjd
What are your current reads outside of Gamma?
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 2205, marcistar wrote:someone ask me abt stuff while im.in imense pain and laying in bed and maybe ill be forced to answer due to bordem jdjdjsjjd
OK.
Have you explained your Johnny TR?
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 2191, Alexcellent wrote:only way I think Ausuka can be scum is if they're a mafia mailman and lied about the miller part
I was thinking that too.
But then I didn't think that a Mafia Mailman would target me unless they somehow thought that there were two Traitor Neighbours.
So I am going to trust Ausuka to be Town.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Eh, I don't think scum!Ausuka would lose anything by mailing you. You're fairly well trusted and townread and can confirm the letter which confirms her mailman claim, which kind of makes her appear more town. The other alternative is you're scum partners together :lol: But compared to every other possible team in the game I find this super unlikely.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 2163, Ausuka wrote:
I also think he's deliberately excusing this behaviour which advances scum wincon using self-meta. He brings up in that as scum he wouldn't use fence-sitting because it's against his meta. He also brought this up earlier in ; he's clearly very aware of his 'scum meta' and I think is intentionally breaking it and then telling everyone he should be townread for that.
I think going back to this, this argument bugs me a bit because this logic could apply perfectly to Datisi, who has pointed out his own scum meta and wants to be town read for it.
I don't think it means that Gamma is town, I just think if this is a point against Gamma it's also a point against Datisi, or the argument itself is maybe flawed.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:54 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I get where you're coming from but I think the way he actively pushes a pair of people as scummy at the same time and repeatedly says 'oh btw that's not my scum meta' afterwards is worse than what Datisi's doing, because while Datisi is using self meta to defend himself he's not using it to deflect criticism of an actively scummy action like Gamma is, if that makes sense.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 3.03

with 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-25 03:00:00).

yeet
Gamma Emerald[3]:
Datisi, marcistar, Ausuka
Ausuka[1]:
Gamma Emerald

not voting [4]:
Alexcellent, JohnnyFarrar, Scamper, Freedom

flavorImage
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 2218, Alexcellent wrote:Eh, I don't think scum!Ausuka would lose anything by mailing you. You're fairly well trusted and townread and can confirm the letter which confirms her mailman claim, which kind of makes her appear more town. The other alternative is you're scum partners together :lol: But compared to every other possible team in the game I find this super unlikely.
That's a good point.
She does have nothing to lose.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Datisi »

freedom, do you care at all about who gets killed today?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:57 am

Post by Datisi »

this is a game that i was thinking of during the night btw

viewtopic.php?p=13296575#p13296575

where pooky said he likes putting townies + scum traitor in a hood

i know expecting him to repeat setups can be foolish, but /shrug
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”