Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Coral »

In post 923, Ausuka wrote:yeah idk i wouldn't have much confidence in any of my reads anyway so like, it's whatever
:cry:
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Coral »

In post 924, Datisi wrote:or never if i/she die tonight
I can't die tonight because I'm getting pushed tomorrow as a Galron partner :P

Assuming he's scum, at least. I don't really see how he claims and then abandons thread as town, though.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Datisi »

i have a vague feeling this game is fucked if galron flips town so i am ignoring that possibility for the time being
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Donempire »

DOC ME I CARRY
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Datisi »

TP/LO ON ME
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:48 am

Post by scamper »

In post 924, Datisi wrote:i townread miller claims bc i've never seen scum claim miller so even if they theoretically could do so, it's more likely they didn't imho

it's a good starting point at least

and i often do come across as pockety towards the players i townread. spoiler alert it is because i AM pocketing them. i do want my townreads to townread me.

i am not a fan of that coral post regarding my possible intentions behind my actions w ausuka, but i'll think about it later i'm tired rn

or never if i/she die tonight

anyway yeah ok that's that
it takes, like, a very specific archetype of player to fakeclaim and i don't think ausuka fits that mold, probably
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:48 am

Post by scamper »

*to fakeclaim miller
not actually skitter.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Datisi »

oh yeah i forgor to claim, i'm tanner
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Datisi »

if nobody gets the joke i'm gonna be amgery
~M
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Official Vote Count 1.FINAL
Image this slice of watermelon is juicy and delicious, and hasn't called their mother in awhile, might do that soon

EliminationWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to push someone through the dimensional barrier.

Galron
(5): Gamma Emerald, Datisi, MegAzumarill, Donempire, scamper <---- HAMMER

Datisi
(2): xayah, Ausuka

Donempire
(1): Galron

Xayah
(1): Coral

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
Night will end in (expired on 2022-08-03 17:25:56)

Player notes:
Play nice
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoiler: Galron was...
Hi Galron! Welcome to Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff! You are a
Mafia Goon.

Your teammate is [REDACTED]. You may talk to them [REDACTED] at all times.

You have the following active ability:
• Each Night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

You win if at least one member of the mafia is alive and all other players are dead (or nothing can prevent the same).

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Donempire was rudely excluded during the night.

Spoiler: Donempire was…
Hi Donempire! Welcome to Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff! You are a
Town Complex Cop.

You have the following active ability:
• Each Night you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn if that player is aligned with the town or the mafia. If your target is a vanilla townie or mafia goon, this action will fail.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Official Vote Count 2.00
Image this spoon needs washed, and also has a fear of heights

eliminationWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to bring to a boil.

Everybody
(0): Nobody

Not Voting
(7): Ausuka, Coral, Datisi, Gamma Emerald MegAzumarill, scamper, Xayah

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-08-10 17:26:26).

Mod notes:
<3
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am

Post by scamper »

see ausuka, your reads dont suck
not actually skitter.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Datisi »

was i planning to do a deepdive on this game and have a 100% correct solve by daystart? yes. was i lazy and did absolutely nothing? also yes.
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: datisi

Reread the game and realised this is obvious scum
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:39 am

Post by scamper »

i went and did a little research on phoenix overnight

he has two competed scumgames on site:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81690
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82442

in both of these he shows a pretty typical newb-scum pattern of play, distancing from his partner but avoiding directly pushing them until it's necessary, making excuses for staying off them

with that in mind, i think its highly likely his partner is in the bottom half of his reads list here

Spoiler:
In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:I think Coral made a fair point in one of her posts that I've been focusing too much on Ausuka. Here's some thoughts after rereading:

Datisi, Donempire, Scamper

I'm purposefully putting these three together. Datisi - trying to generate discussion in his first few posts. I understand the point Xayah made in one of her posts that the questions seem "low-effort" in a sense, but I generally think Town is more likely to want to ask questions of any kind than sit back and watch. I like the point he made about Xayah having backed down too easily once she was questioned on it. It's these points that I think are more likely to come from Town than from scum, not the questions he was asking at the beginning, though I think it's normal to start with basic questions at the beginning of the game before you have enough information to make up your mind and take a stance. Not really a fan of the "vibe TR" on Meg, but I've never been a big fan of vibe TRs in general. As for Scamper, his posts seem "solvey" as well and I like the fact that he hasn't tunnel-visioned on anybody, which strikes me as a Town thing to do, cause I believe there was enough information for him to focus on one person, but instead he chose to engage in discussions regarding different players, which shows to me he's trying to solve the game from different angles, which is a good thing. I don't think it's hard to understand Datisi's or Scamper's reasons for disagreeing with Don's idea to push Datisi to E-1. I kinda see Don's point but I think suggesting such a move is too obvious to do as scum, if that makes sense? Like, putting so much pressure on yourself by suggesting such a thing is a suboptimal move from a scum POV, IMO. Nothing else in particular in her ISO stands out to me as AI, so my TR on Don is solely based on that reasoning for now, take that as you will.

Datisi, Donempire, Scamper - Townlean

Ausuka

I don't think much at all of her initial reaction to allegedly have rolled Miller. I didn't agree with her vote on Xayah initially, but in retrospect this may've been due to a misinterpretation on my part cause I didn't get that Xayah was outright SRing Ausuka for her reaction in her first few posts and Xayah later stated herself that that was the case. I still disagree with the reasoning behind the TR on Meg, but I don't think it's AI by itself. I obviously disagree with her vote on me, because, well, because it's me, but I do understand the reasoning behind that one. And for the record, yes, I haven't played the game in a long while, as Ausuka guessed in one of her posts.

Ausuka - null

Aristeia

I had problems with one of her first posts in which she suggested "yeeting" Ausuka, but she explained herself later and it appears it once again comes down to a misinterpretation on my part (By now you probably have guessed that I tend to interpret post content literally and if something is implied but not explicitly stated it may go over my head. That's a me-problem I need to fix, I suppose). I think her pointing out that she has a different "mental model in [her] head about how she would claim Miller if she were a Miller" is fair and didn't think much of it. Otherwise, I don't think I have enough information to make up my mind.

Aristeia - null

Meg

I just don't have much to work with here. @Meg: Do you have any thoughts you want to share about the current state of the game? Any reads, etc.?

Meg - null

Coral

I see her point for not wanting to put Don at E-1 but I do think it's also an easy excuse for not wanting to take a stance, as Don implied. I really don't like the reasoning behind the 180 on Aristeia. The tone in her posts seems genuine, though, and I don't thing she's faking it. Still, I tend to read people by their actions more than by their tone, so:

Coral - scumlean

Xayah

I didn't think much of the accusation against Ausuka early in the game, but given that Xayah later admitted herself that she SR-ed Ausuka for that and that she stands by it, it rubs me the wrong way. I'm tempted to believe that Xayah doubling down on her SR on Ausuka based on Ausuka's first posts is town-indicative because it could be easier from a scum!Xayah POV to just say that it wasn't a push. Though as I mentioned in a previous post, that begs the question if it wasn't meant to be a push, why bother in the first place? So Xayah backing down here wouldn't raise less questions that her doubling down on her Ausuka SR, IMO, so I still think scum!Xayah is a definite possibility. I also echo what Scamper said in 130. The vote on Meg is strange as well.

Xayah - scumlean

I think I'm more confident in my Xayah scumlean as of now.

VOTE: Xayah

i kind of dont think its xayah because i dont think phoenix goes for a partner as a first option

i dont think its datisi or ausuka because i dont think they push their partner like that very early in the game (i especially think the way ausuka handled phoe is clearing)

ari-slot i think is just always town

i could see it being meg, except i sort of think theyre just town on play

i think coral seems the most likely and makes the most sense
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:42 am

Post by scamper »

In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:Coral

I see her point for not wanting to put Don at E-1 but I do think it's also an easy excuse for not wanting to take a stance, as Don implied. I really don't like the reasoning behind the 180 on Aristeia. The tone in her posts seems genuine, though, and I don't thing she's faking it. Still, I tend to read people by their actions more than by their tone, so:
this seems like a partner read and is consistent with how he talks about partners in other games. "i dont like this or this, but theres some little thing i liked, so ill vote in this other spot for now"
not actually skitter.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: meg

i think i wanna start here. i disliked some of their posts, and also the jump on galron in retrospect looks kinda weird. idk it's midnight, i'm trusting my past self right now.

ari(gamma)/ausuka/probscamper still town on play. and i think xayah is Town, Actually. i don't think scum!her, upon seeing galron be about to go down, starts putting me and ausuka oin her most bottom tier, because, uh. i really don't think that we're viable executions here.

coral i need to take a second look at too, i guess. coming tomorrow before my shift. most likely.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 940, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: datisi

what's the matter, miss sara?
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 97, Coral wrote:Phoenix's persistence is slightly towny, I think. As scum he would probably recognize that he isn't really getting townread for his approach and may change tactics. I do agree that he sounds a little stiff, but that may just be a personality or writing style trait.
My instinct was like, coral is unlikely to do this to a partner? Because it just seems like such an obvious partner read and although I don't actually know who coral is I definitely get the vibes she is a deeply competent player
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 944, Datisi wrote:
In post 940, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: datisi

what's the matter, miss sara?
ur obvscum sadly :pensive:

(I don't know who I scumread yet)
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Coral »

I am sometimes bad at partner interaction, though :shifty:

I thought it was Xayah overnight but I'm surprised by the nightkill so I'm pondering things at the moment.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

Meg is interesting? I got town vibes for them but have kind of forgot why I was thinking that? I will take another look

Why is scamper town
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Datisi »

mostly for the insistence that ari is town when the ari/ausuka wars were happening, personally. esp since galron flipped red, i think a more competent scum would've tried to abuse that.

i did surface like most of their posts too, but uh. not something i'm actually gonna be using i think.
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”