Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 474, GuiltyLion wrote:actually I also just noticed that this:
In post 425, Greeting wrote:I consciously decided to ignore his pre-existing 4 posts when I joined the game.
is dissonant from this:
In post 323, Greeting wrote:I am not sure why Roden is a leading wagon considering he has barely said anything. If it's a pressure wagon then fine. But he hasn't said much.
if you consciously ignored his posts, why did you feel the need to say you're not sure why he's a wagon? like I get possibly wanting to cut Roden some early game slack and not join the wagon, but you actually defended him here moreso than just ignore the situation. and if you were truly like "I'm not going to try to read anything into his posts at all", then you definitely should not have been questioning a wagon on him
You have just said that every justification I said in this game feels fake to you. If that's the case, then there is no point in me wasting my time talking to you. Feel free to vote me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Greeting »

For the record, I think
GuiltyLion
is town. But I'm not fighting battles I can't win.

Come back if you actually want to talk, game solve and discuss, rather then find arguments to support a pre-existing thesis.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 473, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 463, Vivax wrote:I like this post. Could see myself voting RR today.
I wonder if Kuti would agree.
why do you think that post comes from town and not scum?

and why did you bring up Kuti specifically?
I can't deny there's OMGUS behind liking this post at the time.
I had the impression so far in this game that furtiveglance and RR kept playing as a thorn in my sides. But in a too tunneled, fearless way. As if it was meant to be that way even though they could be town.

Maybe Greeting baited me in agreeing there by exploiting that. So I suppose I should explore the chance they're mafia.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Vivax »

Oh and I asked Kuti cause I thought they'd like to be asked about their opinion and the read on Greeting could prove useful down the line.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.05

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-11 09:45:00).

yeet
KittyTacky [3]:
fireisredsir, Bell, Vivax
Greeting [3]:
furtiveglance, Radical Rat, Loki Dokie
Roden [2]:
Dannflor, Aristeia
furtiveglance [2]:
Roden, Greeting

not voting [3]:
KittyTacky, kutiplz, GuiltyLion

mod notes~ this is a mod note.
Last edited by Datisi on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Vivax »

And I'd add that if kuti is mafia (seems less vocal from what I'd expect from them as town), them not replying to me asking about that could be from a situation where they'd have to commit to agreeing with a mafia teammate (Greeting). Might stem from them being nervous about looking like that. But I can't dismiss other reasons.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 454, Greeting wrote:Wow. I just came back. The current push on me is so utterly horrible that I'm not sure if I even want to address it. I play like a robot, scumread someone for tone from a scumread page and try to read the thread carefully to err my mistakes?

I bet my ass there is scum on it. There's five of them after all.

I guess I understand them though. Eliminating a mafia today would mean that town only needs two points to win, and that puts them in a horrible position. So they'd rather put their necks out for LHF like me, because then they'll just manipulate the pairings with low posters.

Not going to waste my time arguing with this shit push, let's get to work.
In post 475, Greeting wrote:
In post 425, Greeting wrote:I consciously decided to ignore his pre-existing 4 posts when I joined the game.
is dissonant from this:
In post 323, Greeting wrote:I am not sure why Roden is a leading wagon considering he has barely said anything. If it's a pressure wagon then fine. But he hasn't said much.
if you consciously ignored his posts, why did you feel the need to say you're not sure why he's a wagon? like I get possibly wanting to cut Roden some early game slack and not join the wagon, but you actually defended him here moreso than just ignore the situation. and if you were truly like "I'm not going to try to read anything into his posts at all", then you definitely should not have been questioning a wagon on him
You have just said that every justification I said in this game feels fake to you. If that's the case, then there is no point in me wasting my time talking to you. Feel free to vote me.
In post 476, Greeting wrote:For the record, I think
GuiltyLion

Come back if you actually want to talk, game solve and discuss, rather then find arguments to support a pre-existing thesis.
these posts are massive overreactions to reasonable points made and i don't think there's any real reason town greeting should be so dismissive of GL here

GL is like one of the most reasonable people on site and i think it is always a good idea to talk to him and try to work through his reads and get him on the right track if he's wrongfully scumreading you

nothing that greeting is saying here makes sense as a reaction to what is happening imo, just feels like extremely fake indignation to try to match the self-righteousness that town greeting often has
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 481, fireisredsir wrote:these posts are massive overreactions to reasonable points made and i don't think there's any real reason town greeting should be so dismissive of GL here

GL is like one of the most reasonable people on site and i think it is always a good idea to talk to him and try to work through his reads and get him on the right track if he's wrongfully scumreading you

nothing that greeting is saying here makes sense as a reaction to what is happening imo, just feels like extremely fake indignation to try to match the self-righteousness that town greeting often has
Why do you think you have the right to judge whether my reactions are appropriate or not? I am not having this discussion.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Is there a discussion you WILL have?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 482, Greeting wrote:
In post 481, fireisredsir wrote:these posts are massive overreactions to reasonable points made and i don't think there's any real reason town greeting should be so dismissive of GL here

Why do you think you have the right to judge whether my reactions are appropriate or not? I am not having this discussion.
this is a game of mafia lol

i have the right to judge whether you're scum or not

refusing to address any points made and shutting down any discussion about yourself while also accusing other people of being unwilling to work with you is very scummy
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 483, Radical Rat wrote:Is there a discussion you WILL have?
That depends, if someone is coming to discuss with an open mind then sure. But if someone has already pre-decided my alignment then no, there is nothing to discuss, and all that is left is to vote me out. I have played enough games to know that changing that person's mind is a waste of time.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 484, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 482, Greeting wrote:

this is a game of mafia lol

i have the right to judge whether you're scum or not

refusing to address any points made and shutting down any discussion about yourself while also accusing other people of being unwilling to work with you is very scummy
You do have the right to judge whether I'm scum or not. But you do not have the right to tell me that my reactions are not appropriate. I also have the right to not work with players who I think are scum and biased town if I don't feel like it.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 485, Greeting wrote:
In post 483, Radical Rat wrote:Is there a discussion you WILL have?
That depends, if someone is coming to discuss with an open mind then sure. But if someone has already pre-decided my alignment then no, there is nothing to discuss, and all that is left is to vote me out. I have played enough games to know that changing that person's mind is a waste of time.
Have you considered that even if you fail to change someone's mind, the interactions you leave behind may be useful for the surviving Town?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Greeting »

Perhaps it would be better for me to take a step back from this game until tomorrow.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Greeting

GL why are you town reading Roden?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 481, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 454, Greeting wrote:Wow. I just came back. The current push on me is so utterly horrible that I'm not sure if I even want to address it. I play like a robot, scumread someone for tone from a scumread page and try to read the thread carefully to err my mistakes?

I bet my ass there is scum on it. There's five of them after all.

I guess I understand them though. Eliminating a mafia today would mean that town only needs two points to win, and that puts them in a horrible position. So they'd rather put their necks out for LHF like me, because then they'll just manipulate the pairings with low posters.

Not going to waste my time arguing with this shit push, let's get to work.
In post 475, Greeting wrote:
is dissonant from this:
In post 476, Greeting wrote:For the record, I think
GuiltyLion

these posts are massive overreactions to reasonable points made and i don't think there's any real reason town greeting should be so dismissive of GL here

You're calling GL 'reasonable'.......you're sure he's town then?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

for some reason I thought there were like 5 voters
In post 485, Greeting wrote:That depends, if someone is coming to discuss with an open mind then sure. But if someone has already pre-decided my alignment then no, there is nothing to discuss, and all that is left is to vote me out. I have played enough games to know that changing that person's mind is a waste of time.
Here, I can reach out. One of my biggest issues is that I really don't vibe with your reasoning on Rat at all - I think regardless of Rat's alignment, he as a person thought it would be fun to act as a computer for the beginning of the game. I've played with him a few times before, and I also still weirdly have a memory of reading this particular post in a very old game of his and finding it really funny. He has a sense of humor.

What I don't understand is why you seem particularly hung up on this idea that it can only be a front to mask awkwardness at the start of the game. Rat is an experienced player, I'm sure he has scumgames in the past where he didn't need to use such a front. It's just really easy for me to imagine a world where town!Rat opens the way he opened this game, it doesn't strike me as alignment indicative at all. but it feels like you're locked in on this reason you have and I don't feel you considering the alternative town!Rat world, which makes me think it's driven by agenda.

Can you recall and link me to any town games in your past where you locked on someone early game for a reason in a similar way (doesn't have to be specifically using a charade/front, could be any reason at all)? If you can show me a town game or two where you did a similar thing, push someone early for something I might find wholly NAI, it might help me see this as a playstyle issue rather than an alignment indicative one.

I also noticed Loki said you opened differently here than in past games, and I think one of Loki's strengths is accurately feeling out different meta vibes between games, so you could use this as a means of addressing that point against you as well. I felt your was kinda snarky and dismissive - you didn't even ask what games he looked at
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 489, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: Greeting

GL why are you town reading Roden?
they're not the greatest of reasons but two things:

1. I think the way he's fighting with Loki while kinda both scumreading/not scumreading her feels organic rather than fabricated
2. the furtive vote/push doesn't strike me as survivalist or agenda-motivated because furtive seems fairly townread and not likely to be limmed today

I could def still see it as scum attempting to just blanket discredit all the suspicion on them and throwing fake rage around (especially after Ari pointed out the rage/edge is a staple of his towngame), but yeah mainly it doesn't strike me as very calculated
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 490, furtiveglance wrote:You're calling GL 'reasonable'.......you're sure he's town then?
im ok with treating him as town for now, but no, im not sure

but my read isn't relevant here, from greeting's stated perspective, he thinks GL is town, so i don't think there's any reason for him to not want to work together. my point in calling GL reasonable is that there are some people where i think it would be understandable to not want to try to work with them in that situation. GL is not one of those people
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 493, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 490, furtiveglance wrote:You're calling GL 'reasonable'.......you're sure he's town then?
im ok with treating him as town for now, but no, im not sure

but my read isn't relevant here, from greeting's stated perspective, he thinks GL is town, so i don't think there's any reason for him to not want to work together. my point in calling GL reasonable is that there are some people where i think it would be understandable to not want to try to work with them in that situation. GL is not one of those people
Ok that makes sense. Remind me why you're on Kitty? I haven't really seen anything to read into from them.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 491, GuiltyLion wrote:Here, I can reach out. One of my biggest issues is that I really don't vibe with your reasoning on Rat at all - I think regardless of Rat's alignment, they as a person thought it would be fun to act as a computer for the beginning of the game. I've played with them a few times before, and I also still weirdly have a memory of reading this particular post in a very old game of theirs and finding it really funny. They have a sense of humor.

What I don't understand is why you seem particularly hung up on this idea that it can only be a front to mask awkwardness at the start of the game. Rat is an experienced player, I'm sure they have scumgames in the past where they didn't need to use such a front. It's just really easy for me to imagine a world where town!Rat opens the way they opened this game, it doesn't strike me as alignment indicative at all. but it feels like you're locked in on this reason you have and I don't feel you considering the alternative town!Rat world, which makes me think it's driven by agenda.
edited to use the correct pronouns. I apologize for my mistake RR, will be sure to get it right going forward
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Vivax »

Didn't check if it's hammer
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

UNVOTE:

I wanna give Greeting at least a chance to respond and I also don't feel like I've seen enough from every slot to make good decisions when the second phase starts
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 496, Vivax wrote:VOTE: Greeting

Didn't check if it's hammer
It was E-1.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't want today to end so early. I want to spend more time sorting Kitty, Kuti plz, RR, and Bell.

UNVOTE: Greeting

Return to “Completed Open Games”