Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 972, Vivax wrote:But I can keep that thought for later, let's see the votes.
If town, you probably shouldn't vote with me or tops one

I have reasons to think Kuti
was
mafia and Dannflor
was
town. But if they flipped differently, that would throw my assumptions for this game on their head.

VOTE: Kuti
Okay.
What are those reasons?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 992, Loki Dokie wrote:Dann is a very strong player irrespective of alignment. I doubt very much scum would kill him here unless he’s town.

We obviously shouldn’t rush this but Dann might have possibly been killed for his reads and scum is probably fine with sacrificing Kuti to get rid of him.

Not 100% wedded to this but I think if scum wanted to wifom us with this, they probably leave scum!Dann for later.
Killed for his reads....you're saying Bell smoked Dannflor.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1000, Bell wrote:
In post 972, Vivax wrote:But I can keep that thought for later, let's see the votes.
If town, you probably shouldn't vote with me or tops one

I have reasons to think Kuti
was
mafia and Dannflor
was
town. But if they flipped differently, that would throw my assumptions for this game on their head.

VOTE: Kuti
Okay.
What are those reasons?
Aside from tone?Lack of posts?
A really simple one: They voted me while I was town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I dunno I need to sleep on it and really articulate it but I have this knawing fear that Dann is the deep wolf and furtive/Vivax/fire/Loki/Ari is basically the town bloc and Rat and Roden are trying to go for this "the simple explanation is correct kuti is kafia" tack with like NO apparent doubt that Dann might be scum, to try to get it back to even. Why would mafia be ok with risking going down 2-0, at that point town could fluke into a win on any of the last three tests it's such a dangerous position. If I were mafia and down 1-0 I'd be putting forward what I thought was one of our best chances to win a point
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

mafia* not kafia lol. Kafia makes me think of like a Boston based coffee mafia
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Especially considering like if kuti was mafia and Dann is town kuti gained virtually no towncredit from the Kitty flip, if they had someone who bussed why not try to cash in on the fake dissasociatives you planted before you risk looking scummy and blowing it by pushing a miselim first
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1001, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 992, Loki Dokie wrote:Dann is a very strong player irrespective of alignment. I doubt very much scum would kill him here unless he’s town.

We obviously shouldn’t rush this but Dann might have possibly been killed for his reads and scum is probably fine with sacrificing Kuti to get rid of him.

Not 100% wedded to this but I think if scum wanted to wifom us with this, they probably leave scum!Dann for later.
Not to brag but I was about to give Dannflor a lecture, but then the day ended. Anyway your reads aren't getting any better with age, like wine. :lol:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by Bell »

Or maybe you're just scum. Though, tbh.
Maybe you'd have better reads if you were.

How do you approach scum reads as scum Furtive?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I guess Dann/Roden in that world would be some dedicated theater though, I have to reread that
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1005, GuiltyLion wrote:Especially considering like if kuti was mafia and Dann is town kuti gained virtually no towncredit from the Kitty flip, if they had someone who bussed why not try to cash in on the fake dissasociatives you planted before you risk looking scummy and blowing it by pushing a miselim first
This is a surprisingly persuasive argument. But I'm going to take my time an then probably just default to Kuti anyway.
But I can pretend, I can pretend to have really thought it through before fucking up.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Also if Dann is town and scum is fearkilling him for his reads it's low-key bad to confirm him and town and immortalize his accurate dying reads forever. If he's alive he might get paranoia suspected or start doubting himself, I agree Dann is a great player but no one is infallible
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

confirm him as* town

Sorry when I'm stoned and tired the grammatical mistakes come pouring out
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1006, Bell wrote:

Not to brag but I was about to give Dannflor a lecture, but then the day ended. Anyway your reads aren't getting any better with age, like wine. :lol:
We'll see about my reads. I've never really understood the defence of calling your detractors stupid, it also comes from mafia more often than town in my experience, so you aren't helping yourself.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 997, Loki Dokie wrote:Scum is most likely bussers on Kitty, sheeps or coasters on Kitty or other wagons.

We have 4 scum left, Kitty was likely bussed to give at least one if not more scum towncred.
I posted this earlier but to be explicit - why put up kuti if somebody got towncred.

I really don't feel it makes sense as scum to plan to go down 2-0
and then
try to use all your towncred. Towncred is short lived and coming back from 2-0 would be so much harder than a 1-1 tie.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 989, GuiltyLion wrote:Roden, if you're town and Dann is never scum here, why do you think mafia put mafia!kuti against town!Dann instead of you
Kuti is an odd choice, my only guess is that mafia needs Dann dead and that they think they can send me up against pretty much anyone and score. A dead influential townie now and a free point later isn't the worst strat in hindsight.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1003, GuiltyLion wrote:I dunno I need to sleep on it and really articulate it but I have this knawing fear that Dann is the deep wolf and furtive/Vivax/fire/Loki/Ari is basically the town bloc and Rat and Roden are trying to go for this "the simple explanation is correct kuti is kafia" tack with like NO apparent doubt that Dann might be scum, to try to get it back to even. Why would mafia be ok with risking going down 2-0, at that point town could fluke into a win on any of the last three tests it's such a dangerous position. If I were mafia and down 1-0 I'd be putting forward what I thought was one of our best chances to win a point
It sure is fun getting accused of being bad level zero scum every single game
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 2.01

with 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to make a decision. day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-08-18 01:15:00).

yeet
kutiplz [1]:
Vivax
Dannflor [0]:

not voting [9]:
Loki Dokie, furtiveglance, Vulture, GuiltyLion, Aristeia, fireisredsir, Bell, Radical Rat, Roden

mod notes~ this is a mod note.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Bell »

I really wasn’t expecting Furtive to go the dodge question and entirely forget that my struggle with reading him last game was “how dense is too dense?” Especially because they seemed sensitive about it.
Are you going to answer my question? The more important question might be why you forgot something that upset you so much you posted about it post game.
It just comes off as selective amnesia and posturing.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Bell »

I also wasn’t expecting their response to me taunting them was “obviously you’re trying to do this to change my mind, by antagonizing me”, because this is a strategy that has worked in the past”…never?

This is weird. /:
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Or future reads? He was acting like town leader and I think scum wanted him gone. Unlike GL or me, there was enough suspicion on him, to also make us wifom the kill.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1003, GuiltyLion wrote:I dunno I need to sleep on it and really articulate it but I have this knawing fear that Dann is the deep wolf and furtive/Vivax/fire/Loki/Ari is basically the town bloc and Rat and Roden are trying to go for this "the simple explanation is correct kuti is kafia" tack with like NO apparent doubt that Dann might be scum, to try to get it back to even. Why would mafia be ok with risking going down 2-0, at that point town could fluke into a win on any of the last three tests it's such a dangerous position. If I were mafia and down 1-0 I'd be putting forward what I thought was one of our best chances to win a point
If Dann is a deep wolf, then why kill him n1?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:01 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

I do see your point though but unless scumteam is extremely weak, why does scum kill it’s most active player n1? Also Kuti is a player without much readable meta. I couldn’t find any scumgames, so if scum, they’re the perfect player to wifom us with.

Only thing bothers me is I really don’t understand some of his reads, Roden in particular. Maybe if Dann is town, it could possibly have been done to frame some slots? Idk.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 am

Post by Radical Rat »

@GL

1. It may not have necessarily been that Dannflor's personal reads were good, but rather that most people were townreading Dann, which would only snowball as the game progressed.

2. Obviously I don't think scum are "planning" to go 2-0, that's absurd. They're planning for exactly this kind of WIFOM to save them.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Subject: Micro 1058: Is This Thing Loaded? -- Game Over!
kutiplz wrote:
In post 20, Ph0enix wrote:
In post 19, kutiplz wrote:So who knows each other from the playerlist and what's yall experience levels and what not.

Links to old games as both alignments would be appreciated. I can do the same as well.
Spoiler:
I know no one from this player list. As for experience, I played a few games here a couple of years back and that's about it.

Games in question:

[url=ttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81548]Newbie 1973[/url] - Town
Newbie 1976 - Scum
Newbie 1983 - Town
Newbie 1988 - Town
Newbie 1991 - Scum

The newest game on this list is 2+ years old by now, so I'm not sure how relevant these will be in regard to my current playstyle, cause it's bound to have changed since my last game, despite not having played at all for the last 2 years. Still, I'm pretty sure there's useful stuff in there.

What about you?
I have played around year. Started in 2021.

I'm not going to link my one mafia game in MU because I'm ashamed of my extreme ate and deeply embarrassed by it. My other homesite is webdip and I can link those games with my iso:

First time randing mafia, multiball, I end gamed into a draw (1-1-1)

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... f=4&t=3784 game link
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... sharamSabi my iso

Second mafia rand, normal, mafia sweep and won

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... f=4&t=3915 game link
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... sharamSabi my iso

Here are my mu town games:
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35684
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35591
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/36308
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/36135
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35929

I'm Kuti plz in mu
Apparently they do have some scumgames, so hopefully these links will help.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1022, Radical Rat wrote:@GL

1. It may not have necessarily been that Dannflor's personal reads were good, but rather that most people were townreading Dann, which would only snowball as the game progressed.

2. Obviously I don't think scum are "planning" to go 2-0, that's absurd. They're planning for exactly this kind of WIFOM to save them.

Is two really a plan.

Return to “Completed Open Games”