Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2624, Enchant wrote:I expected Prince to flip maf obvs, i just lose confedence overall.
Your reads this game (based on the list you posted D1) are still pretty accurate.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2227, Lowell wrote:Still want it to be prince—but sure mal is fine as well. Lowkey happy to see gerain get it. Started with town vibes there but reconsidering.

Town vibes from vivax, fire, and crescent

I'm marking this for later.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2625, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2624, Enchant wrote:I expected Prince to flip maf obvs, i just lose confedence overall.
Your reads this game (based on the list you posted D1) are still pretty accurate.
Not really, but fairly it's D1 so it not accurate obvs.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2627, Enchant wrote:
In post 2625, Frogsterking wrote:
Not really, but fairly it's D1 so it not accurate obvs.
Yes it was D1 and I'm counting the slots you labeled as lurkers as scum reads, which makes it pretty good.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:10 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2580, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2579, Prince of Paterson wrote:I'll have some time either tonight or tomorrow morning to look things over in full.
This is..alarming.

VOTE: Prince
yesterday was awful. i can see how it happened, it was all worked out the day before but you bounced them through pretty hard. i have no idea why the above post was made, why was it alarming? those on the wagon...some of you feel like you had a real incentive to get it done quickly.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2629, geraintm wrote:those on the wagon...some of you feel like you had a real incentive to get it done quickly.
Who?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:25 am

Post by geraintm »

I don't know. If it was that easy then we'd be playing some other game. But sure felt like yesterday went way too fast
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2631, geraintm wrote:I don't know. If it was that easy then we'd be playing some other game. But sure felt like yesterday went way too fast
So why bring it up? You have yet to actually state anything.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:34 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2620, geraintm wrote:
i havent posted in 6 days because you sped run yesterday and gave me no chance to post.

someone asked if i claimed. i havent. i am vt. i think i said something like "i have no reason to doubt this claim" when someone else claimed, and that was me hinting at not having a roll that would conflict with a claim.
will catch up later.
One of the funniest things I've read this game so far
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2633, Vivax wrote:
i havent posted in 6 days because you sped run yesterday and gave me no chance to post.

someone asked if i claimed. i havent. i am vt. i think i said something like "i have no reason to doubt this claim" when someone else claimed, and that was me hinting at not having a roll that would conflict with a claim.
will catch up later.
Reminded me of this:
In post 832, Vivax wrote:The great outrage that followed Bugsprays claim surely had nothing to do with Datisi purposely giving them that role because we're all mere fleas in his circus, ready to be squashed on a whim by the unlucky person who would be blessed with the doubtful gift of such an accursed weapon that could cause great harm if wielded selfishly and without pure intentions.
The only certainty in the circus was that the next mafia would surely be found through an incriminating interaction with the deceased bug MegAzumaril. Little did they know that there are many such interactions, of which often the one most suitable to one's own beliefs is picked, and that the mafia would be found by simply looking for who would exploit this for themselves in a way that would allow them to do as little as possible further in the day.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2634, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2633, Vivax wrote:

will catch up later.
Reminded me of this:
In post 832, Vivax wrote:The great outrage that followed Bugsprays claim surely had nothing to do with Datisi purposely giving them that role because we're all mere fleas in his circus, ready to be squashed on a whim by the unlucky person who would be blessed with the doubtful gift of such an accursed weapon that could cause great harm if wielded selfishly and without pure intentions.
The only certainty in the circus was that the next mafia would surely be found through an incriminating interaction with the deceased bug MegAzumaril. Little did they know that there are many such interactions, of which often the one most suitable to one's own beliefs is picked, and that the mafia would be found by simply looking for who would exploit this for themselves in a way that would allow them to do as little as possible further in the day.
There is this one interaction, but nothing is currently stopping my brain from wanting to yeet gera for his infraction
In post 448, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 439, geraintm wrote:
In post 424, FancyPants wrote:
In post 423, geraintm wrote:Picking over half the game to have scum is top quality content.
This comment is garbage, I don't know if you're maliciously misrepresenting me or you're just wrong.

I named 7 people, there are 4 scum, that's pretty damn narrow.
Oh, I didn't realise you meant all the scum were in that group.
I still think posts like that day 1 are worthless, you.csn turn around later and go "look, they were in my list, wasn't I clever".

Day 1 reads are worthless
Even if they are wortless they are all we have to work with at this point, do we not?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:19 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2632, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2631, geraintm wrote:I don't know. If it was that easy then we'd be playing some other game. But sure felt like yesterday went way too fast
So why bring it up? You have yet to actually state anything.
because i wanted to say that is where i would want to look, those who ran through yesterday and see if they have any other weirdness in their history
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:25 am

Post by Enchant »

Vivix, what you mean i am not claiming results?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 am

Post by Crescent »

Yeah I can't hold Gera not posting yesterday against him when the day was over in less than an hour.

Vivax I do have a question for you though. In that interaction I noted.. What changed between a couple of posts of "Unsure is still very likely to be scum", to suddenly calling him town?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2638, Crescent wrote:Yeah I can't hold Gera not posting yesterday against him when the day was over in less than an hour.

Vivax I do have a question for you though. In that interaction I noted.. What changed between a couple of posts of "Unsure is still very likely to be scum", to suddenly calling him town?
The tone getting so combative and OMGUS-y threw me off at the time, if I remember correctly

Also remember casing FP extensively compared to my usual approach and Gera asking where I left the old me on D1
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:14 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2583, Datisi wrote:
vote count 6.final

with 7 votes in play, it took 4 to make a decision. day 6 ended.

yeet
Prince of Paterson [4]:
Crescent, UNOwen, Frogsterking, Enchant
[HAMMER]

not voting [3]:
Vivax, geraintm, Prince of Paterson
so this was teh vote yesterday.

Crescent, enchant and Frogsterking ending the day in no time at all.

Frogsterking was in from the off, then unvoted and then voted

they had voted for PRince in 2473, they were not on the Mala wagon the previous day

Crescent - also did not vote Mala the previous day.

i don't easily follow their long post on Firebringer
i cant believe he gives vivax credit for a good voting history - vivax spewed a vote on every single person in the thread, often all at the same time for no sane reason, it is the perfect way to obscure all reads into your votes by hving so many of them none men anything

ive gone back through their most recent posts and couldnt see any obvious bashing of Prince the day before yesterday's quick vote.

Enchant - did vote Mala
In post 2537, Enchant wrote:I actually fine on condition that you WILL kill prince after me, but I can't really be sure about it, because you all decided to throw game and probably will go for anyone, but not him.

Like really, Unsure openly tried to divert wagon from Prince on Malcolm, and everyone forget it at instant, which i always called out.

Also, if Mala somehow town, mafia team is Crescend+Prince.
I will not be here obviously to remind about this.

had a very good woe is me post that i've quoted above. for someone who thought the team is crescent and prince, they didn't seem to have any qualms about joining crescent in hammering the other scum
In post 2621, Enchant wrote:
In post 2617, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2494, Enchant wrote:I am now 98% sure Crescent is mafia.

Ironically i can't do shit about it.
Enchant can you scum case Crescent?
No, i can't. I am not sure about it anymore.
and then following up today with this.

So, Question for Crescent - why did you vote so quickly for PRince yesterday. you are a very deliberate player, happy ot not place votes for a long period of time - yet yesterday you couldnt get onto Prince quick enough and i can't see the reasoning for it - can you point out to me why as i am sure i have just missed it.

Enchant - yeah, you need to be better and not flop on your reads that easily.

Frogster - why did you unvote and then revote yesterday?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2629, geraintm wrote:
In post 2580, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2579, Prince of Paterson wrote:I'll have some time either tonight or tomorrow morning to look things over in full.
This is..alarming.

VOTE: Prince
yesterday was awful. i can see how it happened, it was all worked out the day before but you bounced them through pretty hard. i have no idea why the above post was made, why was it alarming? those on the wagon...some of you feel like you had a real incentive to get it done quickly.
Awful? More like unfortunate.

We had 1 scum left, and multiple people each with a unique argument for why this guy was that scum, as well as a recent focal point that justified many of said arguments. The last time I was in a day like that, I also led the charge, and town won the game in a flash after 4 other town members dogpiled said player.

It's at least probably better off we killed him quickly, without letting the day drag. He felt so obvious it would have been blinding.

Anyways, what we need from you are some reads. We don't have a major readslist from you since the last 1600s.

Also I've been pondering something. I think Mala's votes on day 3 were always pure. This would also suggest that, unless it's Vivax, Meg's train was
also
pure. Vivax bad quite a few good votes in general on days 1 and 2, though.

And this puts me down a bit of a rabbit hole. Scum doesn't seem to have been early game bussing very much at all, except for when FP defended Meg for such an asinine reason that Meg voted him for it. I should VCA day 2 when I'm on the computer. I want to see again what Unsure's train looked like and who seemed to be avoiding it. Also kinda interested to see if people popped out of the woodwork to defend DWlee, who I had on my radar day 1.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2640, geraintm wrote:
In post 2583, Datisi wrote:
vote count 6.final

with 7 votes in play, it took 4 to make a decision. day 6 ended.

yeet
Prince of Paterson [4]:
Crescent, UNOwen, Frogsterking, Enchant
[HAMMER]

not voting [3]:
Vivax, geraintm, Prince of Paterson
so this was teh vote yesterday.

Crescent, enchant and Frogsterking ending the day in no time at all.

Frogsterking was in from the off, then unvoted and then voted

they had voted for PRince in 2473, they were not on the Mala wagon the previous day

Crescent - also did not vote Mala the previous day.

i don't easily follow their long post on Firebringer
i cant believe he gives vivax credit for a good voting history - vivax spewed a vote on every single person in the thread, often all at the same time for no sane reason, it is the perfect way to obscure all reads into your votes by hving so many of them none men anything

ive gone back through their most recent posts and couldnt see any obvious bashing of Prince the day before yesterday's quick vote.

Enchant - did vote Mala
In post 2537, Enchant wrote:I actually fine on condition that you WILL kill prince after me, but I can't really be sure about it, because you all decided to throw game and probably will go for anyone, but not him.

Like really, Unsure openly tried to divert wagon from Prince on Malcolm, and everyone forget it at instant, which i always called out.

Also, if Mala somehow town, mafia team is Crescend+Prince.
I will not be here obviously to remind about this.

had a very good woe is me post that i've quoted above. for someone who thought the team is crescent and prince, they didn't seem to have any qualms about joining crescent in hammering the other scum
In post 2621, Enchant wrote:
In post 2617, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2494, Enchant wrote:I am now 98% sure Crescent is mafia.

Ironically i can't do shit about it.
Enchant can you scum case Crescent?
No, i can't. I am not sure about it anymore.
and then following up today with this.

So, Question for Crescent - why did you vote so quickly for PRince yesterday. you are a very deliberate player, happy ot not place votes for a long period of time - yet yesterday you couldnt get onto Prince quick enough and i can't see the reasoning for it - can you point out to me why as i am sure i have just missed it.

Enchant - yeah, you need to be better and not flop on your reads that easily.

Frogster - why did you unvote and then revote yesterday?
I didn't vote Mala because I specifically wanted more time to figure out the last scum and said as much. Mala was confirmed scum. I felt much less confident on the last scum, and I even chided Owen for quick voting her without content, dragging some out of him in the process.

Prince felt so obvious that I was planning to first post maul him on day 6 before Mala was even flipped on day 5. The arguments felt virtually flawless, and the only reason I had for defending this guy was argued away by Owen in what looked to be solid reasoning. Prince had already spent the vast majority of the game on my scumlist as it was (you seem to gave ignored this part, and I'd like to ask why). He's on my shortlist both at the start of day 2 and day 3.

In that previous game I mentioned, I completely ignored the guy on day 3 before rushing him on day 4. There's actually a direct symmetry.. But since that game wasn't on this site, and has long since purged from my homesite, I don't think a link is possible. It.. May be possible I could fish out the post where I voted from an archive, but is pulling up a post from another site even legal to do?

And yeah I just really wanted the game over. I did exactly what I expected to do last night, slept for ~two hours then hallucinated the rest of the way. My brain can't get the healing it needs until this ends.

But yeah anyways Fire wasn't scum unless he played a phenomenal game and FK isn't scum because he replaced Fire. He would've had to just bus his entire team like crazy while faking genuine-seeming town frustrations in the process. Unsure's comment about me and Fire's response also does not feel like scum/scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Crescent »

Prince "later" felt so obvious for all you nitpickers out there~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Crescent »

Actually there is one difference that stems from the early game. In that game I had Sultan solidly on my
town
list for like, the first 2 1/2 - 2 2/3 days of the game. I totally blindsided him when I charged him to start day 4. As far as he knew, I still thought he was town.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2642, Crescent wrote:Prince felt so obvious that I was planning to first post maul him on day 6 before Mala was even flipped on day 5. The arguments felt virtually flawless, and the only reason I had for defending this guy was argued away by Owen in what looked to be solid reasoning. Prince had already spent the vast majority of the game on my scumlist as it was (you seem to gave ignored this part, and I'd like to ask why). He's on my shortlist both at the start of day 2 and day 3.
i didnt look back through all your posts, i looked at today, yesterday and was srolling back through the day before and i didnt see any of your normal wall type posts (like you have done today on frogster). you have too much to go through to find it all, but i felt like i hadnt spotted anything at the end of the day
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2558, Crescent wrote:Oh there was a hammer. Probably a good time for it, as I don't know if there was anything more to gain out of the day. I would say I'm mostly locked in on like, everything now. I will say I have one person I'm likely never voting off over anyone, but I'm not telling you who~
I said I was locked in on "mostly everything" to end the day, and you are correct in that I intentionally did not specify any names. I may as well have told the game I had already decided on both my last scum and my biggest locktown.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2608, Crescent wrote:But yeah it's not FK meaning his opinion carries more weight to me here. This would have been a phenomenal scumgame by Fire for him to have been scum. More random things I've noticed.
In post 2618, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2610, Crescent wrote:I've basically been trying to read him off of his style rather than his content.
Can you elaborate on your thoughts about geraintm's iso and what motivates geraintm?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2645, geraintm wrote:
In post 2642, Crescent wrote:Prince felt so obvious that I was planning to first post maul him on day 6 before Mala was even flipped on day 5. The arguments felt virtually flawless, and the only reason I had for defending this guy was argued away by Owen in what looked to be solid reasoning. Prince had already spent the vast majority of the game on my scumlist as it was (you seem to gave ignored this part, and I'd like to ask why). He's on my shortlist both at the start of day 2 and day 3.
i didnt look back through all your posts, i looked at today, yesterday and was srolling back through the day before and i didnt see any of your normal wall type posts (like you have done today on frogster). you have too much to go through to find it all, but i felt like i hadnt spotted anything at the end of the day
Am I wrong to assume that you reacting to my case on FP in that way back in Day 1 is something I should usually read as AI for you but not in this game?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Vivax »

Should usually be AI because it implies you knew it was on scum FP